AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 4 October 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs October 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Which of the following points is/are “correct” with respect to the Women’s Reservation Bill 2023, as of September 2023?
A) President Droupadi Murmu has granted assent to the Women’s Reservation Bill 2023, which mandates a 33% reservation (one-third of total seats) for women in the Lok Sabha, State Legislative assemblies, and National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi.
B) Following the President’s assent, this Bill will be recognized as the Constitution (120th Amendment) Act and commonly referred to as Nari Shakti Vandan Adhiniyam, has been introduced in the Indian Parliament.
C) The Bill introduces Article 332A, which mandates the reservation of seats for women in every state Legislative Assembly.
1) Only A
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer- 4) Only A & C
On September 29, 2023, as per the notification issued by the Union Law Minister Arjun Ram Meghwal ,President Droupadi Murmu has granted assent to the Women’s Reservation Bill 2023, which mandates a 33% reservation (one-third of total seats) for women in the Lok Sabha, State Legislative assemblies, and National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi. This historic decision was officially approved by the President on September 28, 2023.
Following the President’s assent, this Bill will be recognized as the Constitution (106th Amendment) Act.
The Women’s Reservation Bill 2023, officially titled as The Constitution (128th Amendment) Bill, 2023 and commonly referred to as Nari Shakti Vandan Adhiniyam, has been introduced in the Indian Parliament.
The Women’s Reservation Bill cannot be enacted into law until the year 2026.The bill can only become effective after a process known as “delimitation” is carried out in the country.Delimitation is necessary to allocate seats in the Lok Sabha and state legislative assemblies in a manner that reserves a specific percentage (in this case, 33 percent) for women.
The Nari Shakti Vandan Adhiniyam Bill, will also apply to seats reserved for Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) in the Lok Sabha and the State Legislative Assemblies.
In article 239AA of the Constitution, One-third of total Seats shall be reserved for women in the Legislative Assembly of the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
As per Article 330A, one-third of the total number of seats to be filled by direct election to the House of the People shall be reserved for women in the Lok Sabha.
The Bill introduces Article 332A, which mandates the reservation of seats for women in every state Legislative Assembly.
The New article – 334A is introduced, according to which the reservation will be effective after the census conducted after the commencement of this Bill has been published. Based on the census, delimitation will be undertaken to reserve seats for women.
The reservation will be provided for a period of 15 years. However, it shall continue till such date as determined by a law made by Parliament.
- On the occasion of the 2nd edition of NPS Diwas observed on October 1, 2023, which pension management company has launched a first-of-its-kind ‘National Pension System (NPS) Preference Index’?
1) Aditya Birla Sun Life Pension Management
2) HDFC Pension Management
3) ICICI Prudential Pension Fund Management
4) Kotak Mahindra Pension Fund Management
5) SBI Pension Fund ManagementAnswer-2) HDFC Pension Management
HDFC Pension Management Company Limited has launched a first-of-its-kind ‘National Pension System (NPS) Preference Index’ on the occasion of 2nd edition of NPS Diwas which was observed on 1st October 2023.
HDFC Pension also released NPS Preference Index Study which is the industry first spotlight on NPS.
HDFC Pension Management Company Limited,a subsidiary of HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited is one of the Pension Fund Managers (PFM’s) appointed by Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) in India to manage funds for the National Pension System (NPS).
i. NPS Preference Index Study 2023:
The aim of the survey is to assess consumers’ views on retirement and their awareness, interest, and contemplation of the NPS.This resulting in the framing NPS Preference Index, which can be tracked over time.
- Which bank has recently (in Sept ‘23) signed an MoU with Warehousing Development Regulatory Authority (WDRA) to fund against e-NWRs (electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt)?
1) State Bank of India
2) Bank of Baroda
3) Indian Bank
4) Punjab National Bank
5) Bank of IndiaAnswer-5) Bank of India
Warehousing Development Regulatory Authority (WDRA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Bank of India (BoI) to fund against e-NWRs (electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt).
i. The MoU was signed in the presence of T.K Manoj Kumar, Chairperson, WDRA, Rajneesh Karnataka, Managing director (MD) cum Chief Executive Officer (CEO), BoI.
ii. The MoU also aims to provide information to depositors about the benefits, besides doing further outreach activities to improve agricultural pledge finance in India.
- Name the Param Vir Chakra(PVC) Awardee who has been recently (in Sept’ 23) nominated as the ambassador for the “War Against Waste” in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).
1) Captain Naik Karam Singh
2) Captain Somnath Sharma
3) Captain Yogendra Singh Yadav
4) Captain Sanjay Kumar
5) Captain Bana SinghAnswer-5) Captain Bana Singh
The Directorate of Rural Sanitation, Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir(J&K) has nominated Param Vir Chakra(PVC) Awardee Captain Bana Singh as the ambassador for the “War Against Waste”, initiative to takle sanitation challenges in rural areas of J&K.
The “War Against Waste” campaign attempts to resolve waste management and environmental conservation challenges in rural J&K.
Charandeep Singh, Director of Rural Sanitation of J&K announced the nomination of ambassador at Captain Bana Singh Stadium, R. S. Pura, Jammu during the Swachhata Hi Seva (SHS 2023) campaign.
Captain Bana Singh served in the 8th Jammu & Kashmir Light Infantry (JAK LI).
He played a key role in ‘Operation Rajiv’ in which Indian armed forces’ recaptured ‘Quaid Post’ in Siachen Glacier at an altitude of 21,000 feet, from Pakistani soldiers in June 1987.
The recaptured post was renamed as the ‘Bana Top’ in his honour.
He was awarded India’s highest wartime gallantry medal “Param Vir Chakra” in 1988.
- In October 2023, Mohamed Muizzu was elected as the New President of ____________ (country).
2) South Sudan
5) SeychellesAnswer-4) Maldives
Mohamed Muizzu of the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) was elected as the New President of Maldives. He is set to be sworn in on 17th November 2023.
i. He defeated the incumbent President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih (2018 to 2023) of the Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) by securing 54% of the votes.
ii. The 45-year-old Mohamed Muizzu is currently serving as the mayor of the capital Male since 2021, and he is the first mayor of Male to be elected by the people.
iii. He had served as the minister of housing and environment from 2012 to 2018 under the-Maldives president Abdulla Yameen.
- Name the personality who has recently (in Sept ‘23) elected as the Chairman of the Press Trust of India (PTI) for the one-year term.
1) Vineet Jain
2) Mahendra Mohan Gupta
3) K.N. Shanth Kumar
4) Aveek Kumar Sarkar
5) Riyad MathewAnswer-3) K.N. Shanth Kumar
K.N. Shanth Kumar of Deccan Herald was elected as the Chairman of the Press Trust of India (PTI) for the one-year term and Praveen Someshwar, the Chief Executive Officer of Hindustan Times, was elected as the Vice-Chairman.
i. Shanth Kumar succeeds Aveek Kumar Sarkar, who had served as Chairman of PTI for 2 consecutive terms (2020 – 2023). Shanth Kumar has previously held the Chairmanship of PTI from 2013 to 2014.
ii. The election took place at a meeting of PTI’s Board of Directors following their Annual General Meeting at the headquarters of PTI in New Delhi, Delhi.
- When was the United Nations (UN)’s International Day of Older Persons (IDOP) 2023 observed across the globe with the theme of ‘Fulfilling the Promises of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights for Older Persons: Across Generations’?
1) 3rd October 2023
2) 1st October 2023
3) 30th September 2023
4) 2nd October 2023
5) 29th September 2023Answer-2) 1st October 2023
The United Nations (UN)’s International Day of Older Persons (IDOP) 2023 was observed across the globe on 1st October 2023 with the theme of “Fulfilling the Promises of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights for Older Persons: Across Generations.”
The day was observed to raise awareness of the contributions and achievements of older individuals (defined as those aged 65 years or older) in society, as well as to promote their well-being and inclusion in all aspects of life.
i. 1st October 2023 marks the observance of the 33nd anniversary of the IDOP. The first IDOP was observed on 1st October 1991.
ii. According to ‘Caring for Our Elders Institutional Responses: India Ageing Report 2023’ released by United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) India, along with the International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS)
- What was the theme of International Coffee Day (ICD) 2023 that was observed across the globe on 1st October 2023?
1) Women in Coffee
2) Coffee’s Next Generation
3) Sustainability in Every Cup
4) Promoting the Right to a Safe and Healthy Working Environment in the Coffee Supply Chain
5) Coffee sector’s diversity, quality and passionAnswer-4) Promoting the Right to a Safe and Healthy Working Environment in the Coffee Supply Chain
International Coffee Day (ICD) 2023 was observed across the globe on 1st October 2023 with the theme of “promoting the right to a safe and healthy working environment in the coffee supply chain”.
i. The first official International Coffee Day was observed on 1 October 2015 by 74 member states of the ICO and 26 coffee associations from around the world.
ii. To commemorate the ICD 2023 on 1 October 2023, the ICO and the International Labor Organization (ILO), a United Nations (UN) agency jointly launched the #CoffeePeople Campaign and a social media challenge around the ICD 2023 theme.
- When was World Vegetarian Day(WVD) 2023 observed across the globe?
1) 3rd October 2023
2) 30th September 2023
3) 2nd October 2023
4) 29th September 2023
5) 1st October 2023Answer- 5) 1st October 2023
World Vegetarian Day (WVD) 2023 was observed across the globe on 1st October 2023 to promote the joy, compassion and life-enhancing possibilities of vegetarianism.
World Vegetarian Day marks the beginning of Vegetarian Awareness Month, which begins on 1st October and concludes on 1st November, World Vegan Day.
World Vegetarian Day was formed in 1977 by the North American Vegetarian Society (NAVS).
The day was endorsed by the International Vegetarian Union (IVU) in 1978.
As of now World Vegetarian Day is celebrated in more than 180 countries around the world.
- In September 2023, Tripura Chief Minister (CM) Manik Saha launched “Yuba Tripura, Natun Tripura, Atmanirbhar Tripura” to ______________.
1) Encourage youth to set up industrial and business units
2) Provide benefits upto Rs 5 lakhs to small, medium, and large-scale industries
3) Provide loan for small sector Units
4) Provide loans with low-interest rates to youth
5) Provide Monthly financial assistance of Rs. 1000 to Youth entrepreneurAnswer-1) Encourage youth to set up industrial and business units
Tripura Chief Minister (CM) Manik Saha launched “Yuba Tripura, Natun Tripura, Atmanirbhar Tripura”, an initiative of the Tripura Industries Development Corporation Limited (TIDCL) to encourage youth to set up industrial and business units.
i. The initiative is intended to provide exposure and guidance to 100 interested individuals aged 18 to 45 from each of Tripura’s eight districts, encouraging them to embark on their entrepreneurial paths.
ii. They will be provided with insights into small, medium, and large-scale industries, followed by a presentation on government schemes, policies, and incentives by the Industries and Commerce Department of Tripura government.