AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 May 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
Our Current Affairs March 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- In which state, India’s 1st greenfield grain-based ethanol production plant was inaugurated in April 2022?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer- 3) Bihar
Nitish Kumar, the Chief Minister of Bihar, opened India’s first greenfield grain-based ethanol production plant in Purnia(or Purnea), Bihar and It indicated that ethanol production would help cut the cost of petrol while also creating jobs.
i. This plant is set to produce 65,000 litres of ethanol per day and it will need 150 tons of maize and rice every day.
- In May 2022, Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) released “The State of the World’s Forests (SOFO) 2022 report that highlights _______ of total forest area on Earth lost in 30 years.
5) 20.13%Answer-1) 10.34%
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) released its flagship publication “The State of the World’s Forests (SOFO) 2022: Forest Pathways for Green Recovery and Building Inclusive, Resilient and Sustainable Economies”. This is part of The State of the World series of the FAO.
i. The report states that since 1990, around 420 million hectares (Mha )-approximately 10.34%, of forest have been lost through conversion to other land uses. Now
- Which of the following points are ‘correct’ with respect to the Report on Currency and Finance (RCF) released by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
1) RBI released the ‘Report on Currency and Finance (RCF)’ for the year 2021-22 on the theme ‘Revive and Reconstruct’.
2) India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) can grow to 6.3 to 9.5% in the medium-term as per the Chapter-VI ‘A Policy Agenda for Post-Covid-19.
3) India is expected to overcome Covid-19 losses in 2034-35.
4) Only 1 & 2
5) Only 1 & 3Answer-5) Only 1 & 3
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the ‘Report on Currency and Finance (RCF)’ for the year 2021-22 on the theme ‘Revive and Reconstruct’.
i. India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) can grow to 6.5-8.5% in the medium-term as per the Chapter-VI ‘A Policy Agenda for Post-Covid-19.
ii. India is expected to overcome Covid-19 losses in 2034-35 i.e. around 15 years.
- Name the insurance company that recently (in May ’22) launched the “Pay as you Drive” Program to reduce premium costs.
1) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
2) Bharti AXA General Insurance
3) Edelweiss General Insurance
4) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
5) Future Generali India InsuranceAnswer-4) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company, a renowned private sector general insurance company, announced the launch of its “Pay as you Drive” program. It is an insurance solution that provides distance-based insurance under its own damage section in order to lower upfront insurance premiums.
i. The offer has been extended as a pilot with Maruti Suzuki India Limited to its customers purchasing a new car as a value proposition to save on insurance premiums.
- Who was recently (in May ’22) appointed as an ‘ex-officio member of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC)’ by the Reserve Bank of India Board?
1) Shashanka Bhide
2) Jayanth R Varma
3) Mridul Saggar
4) Ashima Goyal
5) Rajiv RanjanAnswer-– 5) Rajiv Ranjan
The Central Board of Directors of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved the nomination of Dr Rajiv Ranjan, Executive Director of RBI as an ex-officio member of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC). He replaces Mridul Saggar, who was reported to retire by the end of April 2022.
i. The approval was announced during the 595th meeting of the Central Board of Directors of RBI under the Chairmanship of Shaktikanta Das, Governor of RBI, through video conferencing.
- The Government of India recently (in May’22) launched the NOAR website to promote open access in the power sector.
In NOAR, what does R stand for?
5) RoadmapAnswer- 2) Registry
The Government of India has launched the National Open Access Registry (NOAR) website, a move closer to promoting open access in the power sector.
i. NOAR is an integrated single-window electronic platform for the electronic processing of short-term open access applications, that is accessible to all power sector stakeholders, including open access customers (both sellers and buyers), power traders, power exchanges, and National/Regional/State Load Despatch Centres (LDCs).
- Name the institute that recently (in May ’22) signed an agreement with the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) to develop a user-friendly weather forecasting app.
1) IIT- Bombay
2) IIT- Guwahati
3) IIT- Delhi
4) IIT- Kanpur
5) IIT- MadrasAnswer-1) IIT- Bombay
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Bombay has signed an agreement with the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) of the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Government of India, to develop climate solutions for stakeholders at the village, city, and district levels.
i. The agreement coincided with the 10-year completion of the Interdisciplinary Program in Climate Studies (IDPCS) at IIT Bombay, which was established in 2012 with significant financial backing from the Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Who recently (in May ’22) won the 2022 World Snooker Championship held at Sheffield, England and became Oldest Snooker Champion in history?
1) Judd Trump
2) Mark Selby
3) Ronnie O’Sullivan
4) Shaun Peter Murphy
5) John HigginsAnswer-3) Ronnie O’Sullivan
Ronnie O’Sullivan (England), has won the 2022 World Snooker Championship (officially 2022 Betfred World Snooker Championship) by defeating Judd Trump (England) against 18-13 in the finals, which were held from April 16 to May 2, 2022 at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield, England.
i. By winning the tournament, O’Sullivan (Aged 46) becomes the oldest world champion in Crucible history, eclipsing Ray Reardon, who won his sixth title aged 45 in 1978 and 2022 championship was Ronnie O’Sullivan’s seventh World Snooker Championship title, previously in 2001, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2013 and 2020
- What is the theme of World Asthma Day (WAD) 2022 that was observed across the globe on 3rd May 2022?
1) Better air better breathing
2) STOP for asthma
3) Enough Asthma Deaths
4) Closing Gaps in Asthma Care
5) Uncovering Asthma MisconceptionsAnswer- 4) Closing Gaps in Asthma Care
World Asthma Day (WAD) is annually observed across the world on the first Tuesday of May to create awareness about asthma, a condition in which the airways narrow and swell and may produce extra mucus and the day was organized by the Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA), a World Health Organization (WHO) collaborative organization founded in 1993.
i. World Asthma Day (WAD) 2022 falls on 3rd May 2022 with the theme of ‘Closing Gaps in Asthma Care’.
- When was World Press Freedom Day 2022 observed across the globe by the United Nations with the theme of “Journalism under digital siege”?
1) 1st May 2022
2) 4th May 2022
3) 2nd May 2022
4) 5th May 2022
5) 3rd May 2022Answer- 5) 3rd May 2022
The United Nations(UN)’s World Press Freedom Day 2022 observed across the globe on 3rd May 2022 to celebrate the fundamental principles of press freedom and to assess the state of press freedom throughout the world. The theme of World Press Freedom Day 2022 is “Journalism under digital siege”.
i. UNESCO and the Republic of Uruguay are hosting the annual World Press Freedom Day Global Conference in a hybrid format in Punta Del Este, Uruguay from 2nd to 5th May 2022 with the theme of World Press Freedom Day 2022.
ii. The Belarusian Association of Journalists (BAJ) has been named the laureate of the 2022 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize (Press Freedom Prize 2022).
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification