AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 May 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- What is the total number of states integrated with ‘One nation One ration card’ plan as Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Shri RamVilasPaswan approved the integration of 5 new state/UT recently?
Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Shri RamVilasPaswan approved the integration of 5 more States and Union Territories under “One Nation One Ration Card” plan with the already 12 existing states taking a total number of states/UTs to 17.
- Name the 1st Indian state which has announced to provide free and cashless insurance protection to people.
The Health Minister of Maharashtra Rajesh Tope announced that Maharashtra will be the first state to provide free and cashless insurance protection to the people and the covered under the state governments health scheme and for the treatment of COVID-19 patients at the private hospitals in Pune and Mumbai the government has signed a MoU with the General Insurance Public Sector Association(GIPSA).
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar has added 200 new mandis to the e-NAM platform from 7 States recently. What is the constituency of Narendra Singh Tomar?
2) Patna Sahib
The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar has added 200 new mandis to the e-National Agriculture Market(e-NAM) platform from 7 States & stated that by May 2020 there will be around 1,000 Mandis joining the e-NAM platform for marketing of Agricultural produce at a function in Krishi Bhawan through video conference.Narendra Singh Tomar- Morena, Madhya Pradesh.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) will launch the 1st fully digital bank of which country?
India’s largest software services firm Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) will launch Israel’s first fully digital bank in what is being seen as a trans-formative initiative that can impact the business model of other sectors as well.
- Name the professor of Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), who has been elected as International Member to American Academy of Arts and Science.
1) Amartya Sen
2) Shobhana Narasimha
3) Sangeetha N. Bhatia
4) Jagdish Bhagwati
5) Thalappil Pradeep
Answer-2) Shobhana Narasimha
Professor Shobhana Narasimha head of the Computational Nanoscience group from the Theoretical Science Unit(TSU), Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research(JNCASR), an autonomous institute under the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India has been elected as an International Honorary Member to the American Academy of Arts and Science.
- Thalappil Pradeep has been conferred with the 25th Nikkei Asia Prizes (2020) in Science and Technology (S&T) category recently. He is the professor at which Institute?
1) IIT Ropar
2) IIT Kanpur
3) IIT Madras
4) IIT Bombay
5) IIT Calcutta
Answer-3) IIT Madras
A faculty member at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Madras and Padma Shri awardee Professor Thalappil Pradeep has been conferred with the 25th Nikkei Asia Prizes (2020) in Science and Technology (S&T) category in recognition of his pioneering work in nanotechnology-based water purification.
- Which among the following country will host – RIMPAC, the Rim of the Pacific Exercise the world’s largest international maritime warfare exercise.
1) United States
4) United Kingdom
Answer-1) United States
The U.S. Navy said recently it will host the world’s largest maritime exercises in Hawaii again this year, but the drills will only be held at sea because of the coronavirus. The Navy has held the Rim of the Pacific exercises (RIMPAC) in Hawaii every two years since the early 1970s.
- Which Indian trade body/association is going to launch e-commerce marketplace ‘bharatmarket’ for retail traders in India?
1) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
2) Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT)
3) The Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI)
4) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
5) Indian Merchants’ Chamber (IMC)
Answer-2) Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT)
Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT), the leading advocate for small traders and businesses in India, in association with several technology partners, will soon launch a national e-commerce marketplace ‘bharatmarket’ (www.bharatemarket.in) for all retail traders in India, who have served Indian consumers for years.
- The Badminton World Federation (BWF) has postponed world championship 2020 to November 2021. The tournament will take place in which country?
The Badminton World Federation (BWF) postponed Badminton World Championship 2020 to the November 29 to December 5,2021 which is traditionally held in August. The tournament will take place at the Caroline Marin Stadium, Huelva, Spain.
- United Kingdom’s Peter Ebdon who announced retirement recently is the former world champion in which sports?
1) F1 Racing
United Kingdom’sformer world snooker champion Peter David Ebdon (49) announced his retirement from a 29 years career in the sport to avoid having to undergo spinal surgery.
- Pralhad Singh Patel has released the e-book titled “Prof. B. B. Lal- India Rediscovered” recently on occasion of 100th birthday of great archaeologist Professor BrajBasi Lal. Pralhad Singh Patel is MoS (I/C) _______ minister.
4) Civil Aviation
Shri Prahlad Singh Patel, Union Culture Minister (MoS-I/C), released an e-book “Prof. B. B. Lal- India Rediscovered” in New Delhi, on the occasion of centenary year (100th birthday) of the great archaeologist Professor BrajBasi Lal. Shri Anand Kumar, Secretary, Ministry of Culture was also present on this occasion.
- The Scientist of US discovers 1st known aquatic Dinosaur named ‘Spinosaurus aegyptiacus’ recently in North Africa. The study was published in which journal?
1) Journal Nature
2) PLOS one
5) Nature Communications
Answer-1) Journal Nature
A team of scientists from various Universities of US(United States) have discovered a carnivorous (meat eating) swimming dinosaur named “Spinosaurus aegyptiacus” at the Kem Kem region of the Moroccan Sahara in North Africa.The discovery supported by assistance from the National Geographic Society, is published in the journal Nature.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The Sariska tiger reserve is located in which state?
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) Andhra Pradesh
The 13th session of Ministry of Tourism’s ‘Dekho Apna Desh’ webinar titled, ‘Destination- Sariska Tiger reserve’ is a presentation and virtual tour of wildlife adventure, safari experience for the traveller within the Sariska Tiger Reserve’ in Alwar district, Rajasthan.
- World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (WPBSA) is headquartered at which city?
2) Port Spain
The HQ of World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (WPBSA) is located at Bristol, London, UK.
- Sanjay Gandhi national park is located at which state?
Sanjay Gandhi National Park is a 87 km² protected area in Mumbai, Maharashtra State in India.
- Who is the present Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Harsh Vardhan
3) Arjun Munda
4) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
The Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution is a government ministry of India. The Ministry is headed by a Cabinet rank minister. The current Minister is Ram Vilas Paswan.
- Where is CSIR-Central Road Research Institute (CSIR-CRRI) located at?
1) New Delhi
Answer-1) New Delhi
Central Road Research Institute or CRRI established in 1950 is a constituent laboratory of India’s Council of Scientific and Industrial Research. The CRRI is located in New Delhi and conducts research and development in the areas of design, construction, maintenance and management of roads and airport runways.