AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs March 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 4 March 2021
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- During the virtual event of India Toy Fair 2021, the Centre for Creative Learning (CCL) showcased 75 unique toys. Where is the Centre for Creative Learning (CCL) located?
1) IIT Jodhpur
2) NIT Warangal
3) IIT Gandhinagar
4) NIT Rourkela
5) IIT Hyderabad
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) IIT Gandhinagar
The first ever ‘The India Toy Fair 2021’ was held virtually through the platform https://theindiatoyfair.in on February 27, 2021 – March 2, 2021 on the underlying themes of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ and ‘Vocal for Local’ to boost the India toy manufacturing industry. It was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi where he urged the manufacturers to use less plastic and more recyclable material. IIT Gandhinagar based Centre for Creative Learning (CCL) will showcase its unique 75 toy creations in the fair.
- What is the theme of “India Pharma 2021” that was inaugurated by Union Minister Devaragunda Gowda in March 2021?
1) Make In India – Shaping the future of Indian Pharma
2) Indian Pharma Industry: Future is Now
3) Enabling Quality Affordable Healthcare
4) India Pharma: Meeting Challenges of Affordable and Quality Healthcare
5) India MedTech Future: Innovate & Make in India through Global
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Indian Pharma Industry: Future is Now
The four-day long 6th edition of International Conference on Pharmaceutical & Medical Device sector i.e. India Pharma 2021 & India Medical Device 2021 was held on 25-26, 2021 and March 1-2, 2021 respectively. It was inaugurated by Union Minister Devaragunda Venkappa Sadananda Gowda, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers (MoC&F).
· India Medical Device 2021 – ‘India MedTech Future: Innovate & Make in India through Global’.
· India Pharma 2021 – ‘Indian Pharma Industry: Future is Now’.
- Which is/are the site(s) selected for Marine Spatial Planning (MSP), that will be jointly developed by India & Norway in the next 5 years?
3) Andaman & Nicobar
4) Only 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Only 1 & 2
India & Norway agreed to collaborate in the area of Marine Spatial Planning (MSP) in the Oceanic space for the next 5 years. Lakshadweep & Puducherry have been identified as Pilot sites for the Project. The 2 places have been chosen due to their potential to Flourish in multiple sectors such as Industries, Fisheries & Tourism. MSP is part of India’s (draft) Blue Economic Policy being developed by the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES). National Centre for Coastal Research (NCCR), Chennai will be preparing the MSP framework.
- Which organisation released (in Mar’21) a report that highlighted the 65% reduction in budget allocation towards Education in the Low & Lower-middle income countries driven by COVID-19?
1) World Health Organization
2) World Economic Forum
4) World Bank
5) Amnesty International
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) World Bank
In accordance with the report by World Bank (WB), the low and lower-middle income countries have cut the education budgets by 65% after COVID-19 pandemic despite the urgent need for adequate funding to allow school systems to reopen safely and to fund programs to make up for the losses in learning students experienced while schools were closed. The report was compiled in collaboration with UNESCO’s Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report.
- Which country got approval (in Mar’21) from the Sri Lankan Cabinet for developing and maintenance of the West Container Terminal at Colombo South Port?
4) Only 2 & 3
5) Only 1 & 2
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Only 1 & 2
Sri Lankan Cabinet approved a Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) proposal for developing the West Container Terminal (WCT) of Colombo South Port with parties nominated by Indian & Japanese Government. The port will be developed in collaboration with the Sri Lanka Ports Authority. Indian High Commission has nominated Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd. WCT will be operated over a period of 35 years under the Public Private Partnership model. India & Japan will have 85% stake in the WCT.
- Which bank became the 1st in India to join ‘Liink’, a blockchain based payment network of the Investment banking company JPMorgan?
1) ICICI Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) HDFC Bank
4) Kotak Mahindra Bank
5) Yes Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) State Bank of India
State Bank of India (SBI) joined ‘Liink’, a peer-to-peer Blockchain-based data network of US based Investment Banking Company JPMorgan chase. The partnership will help SBI to reduce transaction costs, speed up Consumer transactions (including International transactions). SBI became the 1st bank in India to go live on the blockchain-based payment network of JPMorgan.
- Which bank recently (in Mar’21) entered into a strategic partnership with ‘Arya’, a post-harvest agriculture technology provider, to support the farmers with effective market linkage?
1) Canara Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) ICICI Bank
4) HDFC Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Canara Bank
Arya Collateral Warehousing Services Pvt. Ltd.(Arya), a post-harvest agriculture technology provider, entered into a strategic partnership with Canara Bank to offer collateral management and warehousing services to support the farmers with effective market linkage.
About Canara Bank:
MD & CEO– L.V.Prabhakar
Headquarters– Bengaluru, Karnataka
Tagline– Together We Can
- Which company recently (in Mar’21) acquired 99.22% stake in C&S Electric Limited?
4) General Electric
5) Robert Bosch
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Siemens
On 1st March 2021, Siemens Limited acquired the 99.22% equity stake in C&S Electric Limited, leading manufacturer of electrical and electronic equipment, from its promoters for Rs.2100 crore on a cash free or debt free basis. With this acquisition Siemens gained access to the Indian market and aims to create an export hub.
- Recently (in Mar’21), MapmyIndia app has been integrated with __________ to provide locations of nearby COVID-19 vaccine centers.
1) e-Sampada App
2) Mera Covid Kendra
3) Jeevan Seva App
4) Co-WIN portal
5) Aarogya Setu App
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Co-WIN portal
MapmyIndia has been integrated with India’s official vaccination registration portal – ‘Co-WIN’ (COVID Vaccine Intelligence Network) to enable users to locate nearby COVID-19 vaccine centres. Using the portal, Users can insert their current location or enter their address, pin code, or elocation of interest to check nearby vaccination centres. MapmyIndia is an Indian alternative of Google Maps and other global tech & navigation companies.
- Which mobile app was launched by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment to cater the needs of Persons with Disabilities?
1) e-Sampada App
2) Sugamya Bharat App
3) Secha Samadhan App
4) Abhayam App
5) Visitassam App
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 2) Sugamya Bharat App
Thaawarchand Gehlot, Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment (MoSJE) virtually launched ‘Sugamya Bharat App’ and a handbook entitled ‘Access – The Photo Digest’ through video conference. Both of the new launches are developed by Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), MoSJE. Sugamya Bharat app is a Crowdsourcing Mobile Application launched under the Accessible India Campaign-AIC (Sugamya Bharat Abhiyaan) to cater the accessibility needs of Differently abled persons.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification