AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Find the PSU which is set to establish India’s first government or semi government promoted Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT)?
1) Gas Authority of India Limited
2) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
3) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
4) National Highway Authority of India
5) Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited
Answer-4) National Highway Authority of India
National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) is undertaking the establishment of India’s first government or semi government promoted Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT) under the Indian Trust Act, 1882 and Securities and Exchange Board of India (Infrastructure Investment Trusts) Regulations, 2014 to facilitate investment in the highway sector.
- Which state/UT has launched ‘Podhe Lagao Prayavaran Bachao’(Plant Trees, Save Environment) campaign to reduce air pollution?
1) New Delhi
Answer-1) New Delhi
Delhi Environment Minister Gopal Rai informed that a 17-day campaign”Podhe Lagao, Paryavaran Bachao” (Plant Trees, Save Environment) will be launched from July 10 to July 26 from the National Highway(NH) 20 near ITO to reduce air pollution. During the campaign 31 lakh saplings will be planted.
- The Drug Discovery Hackathon 2020 is the initiative of which ministry (along with AICTE, CSIR, CDC etc)?
1) Ministry of Culture
2) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
3) Ministry of Human Resource Development
4) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
5) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Answer-3) Ministry of Human Resource Development
Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, the Union Minister of HRD (Human Resource Development) and Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare and minister of Science and Technology launched the Drug Discovery Hackathon (DDH2020) through an online platform in the presence of Shri Sanjay Dhotre, Minister of State(HRD). It is a first of its kind national initiative supporting the Drug Discovery Process.The DDH2020 is a joint initiative of the Ministry of HRD, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and is supported by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC), My Gov, Schrodinger and ChemAxon.
- Russian electorate granted Vladimir Putin to stay as president of the country till which year?
The 77.9% Russian electorate have voted in favour of constitutional amendments that will allow 67 years old President Vladimir Putin to stay in power until 2036 i.e. until the age of 83. His current term of 6 years will end in 2024. Means now, he will be re-elected twice under the constitutional amendments. He is already the longest-serving leader in modern Russian history.
- Which bank has joined as the observer in Paris based Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS) recently?
1) World Bank
2) Asian Development Bank
3) Reserve Bank of India
4) New Development Bank
5) None of the Above
Answer-2) Asian Development Bank
Asian Development Bank (ADB), a regional development bank, has joined the Paris (France)-based Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS) as an observer. The NGFS is a global forum that brings together central banks and supervisors committed to understanding and managing the financial risks and opportunities associated with climate change.
- Under which operation the RBI has conducted open market operation (OMO) of purchase and sale of G-secs for Rs 10,000 crores each recently?
1) Operation reserve
2) Operation twist
3) Operation Borrow
4) Operation liquidity
5) Operation lending
Answer-2) Operation twist
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) conducted the simultaneous purchase of Government Securities (G-Secs), maturing between May 2027 and October 2033, and sale of 182 day and 364 day treasury bills (DTBs) under Open Market Operations (OMO) for Rs 10,000 crore each. This OMO is a part of “Operation Twist” to ease pressure evolving liquidity and market conditions. The main purpose of the OMO is to bring down the yields at the longer end.
- Name the bank which offers an online instant auto loan to its customers named ‘ZipDrive’
1) CSB Bank
2) RBL Bank
3) IDBI Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) HDFC Bank
Answer-5) HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank announced that it will offer ‘ZipDrive’, an online instant auto loan to its customers in 1,000 cities. The auto loan disbursal product is only for customers with pre-approved offers. It is a technology-enabled loan product where credit assessment is done by banking software.
- Which private sector bank collaborated with Innoviti Payment Solutions recently?
1) Axis Bank
2) YES Bank
3) Kotak Mahindra Bank
4) IndusInd Bank
5) ICICI Bank
Answer-3) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Kotak Mahindra Bank (Kotak) and Innoviti Payment Solutions Pvt. Ltd. announced that they have collaborated to provide Equated Monthly Instalments(EMI) billing options on Kotak Debit Cards which are swiped on Innoviti Point of Sale(POS) terminals.
- What is the increase in % of external debt of India in March 2020 when compared to March 2019, as per RBI data?
In accordance with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data, India’s external debt stood at $558.5 billion in March 2020, an increase of $15.4 billion or 2.8% as compared to the March 2019. The largest component of the external debt is Commercial borrowings with a share of 39.4%, followed by non-resident deposits at 23.4% and short-term trade credit at 18.2%. In terms of currency, United States (US) dollar-denominated debt continued to be the largest component of India’s external debt, with a share of 53.7% at end-March 2020, followed by the Indian rupee (31.9%), yen (5.6%), SDR (4.5%) and the euro (3.5%).
- India’s GDP will contract by _____%in FY21 as per Care ratings.
CARE Ratings Limited ( formerly Credit Analysis and Research Limited) in its report, ‘Revised GDP growth projections for FY21’ has projected a 6.4 % contraction (or -6.4%) in India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth for the current financial year FY 21 (2020-21) due to the continuous lockdown imposed for prevention of coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic.
- Edouard Philippe resigned from the post of prime minister of which country?
2) United Kingdom
On 3rd July French Prime Minister Edouard Phillipe resigned during the expected government reshuffle.
- Name the person who gets 6 months extension in tenure to serve as the chairman of National Highway Authority of India (NHAI).
1) Ashok Kumar Gupta
2) Sukhbir Singh Sandhu
3) Bhagwan Lal Sahni
4) H. L. Dattu
5) K. VijayRaghavan
Answer-2) Sukhbir Singh Sandhu
Sukhbir Singh Sandhu, the Chairman of National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) gets a 6 months extension in his tenure as Chairman of NHAI. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the extension in central deputation tenure of Sandhu as Chairman of NHAI beyond 21st July 2020, till mid-January 2021.
- Who has launched the toolkit for the 6th edition of the annual cleanliness survey of urban India ‘Swachh Survekshan (SS) 2021?
1) Pralhad Joshi
2) Shripad Yasso Naik
3) Hardeep Singh Puri
4) Narendra Singh Tomar
5) Nirmala Sitharaman
Answer-3) Hardeep Singh Puri
Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA),has launched the toolkit for sixth edition of the annual cleanliness survey of urban India ‘Swachh Survekshan (SS) 2021’conducted by MoHUA that mainly focuses on utilizing the capacity of wet waste processing facilities, Cleaning and reusing dirty water & Separately collect garbage and maintain it till the processing site.A key highlight of the event was also the launch of the integrated SBM-Urban MIS portal.
- Name the person who has received the 2020 Diana Award for humanitarian work.
1) Licypriya Kangujam
2) Ridhima Pandey
3) Freya Thakral
4) Sunita Narain
5) None of the Above
Answer-3) Freya Thakral
Freya Thakral, a 13 year old student of the British School New Delhi received the 2020 Diana Award for her Recycler App, which she developed to connect users with waste-handlers as a measure to help the ragpickers of Delhi. The award is presented annually on the birth anniversary of Princess Diana.
- Who is the overall winner of 2020 Commonwealth Short Story Prize?
1) Varsha Adalja
2) Meena Alexander
3) Kritika Pandey
4) Smita Agarwal
5) Samina Ali
Answer-3) Kritika Pandey
The commonwealth writers announced Kritika Pandey, the winner of Asian region prize as the overall winner of the 2020 Commonwealth Short Story Prize for her story, “The Great Indian Tee and Snakes”. The award was presented to her by Ghanaian writer and editor, Nii Ayikwei Parkes, the chair of the 2020 Judge panel in the online award ceremony.
- Ratnakar Matkari who is in news recently is a renowned _______.
The Government of Maharashtra announced that Marathi writer and playwright Ratnakar Matkari will be posthumously honoured with the Natvarya Prabhakar Panshikar award for his lifetime contribution to the theatre and arts.
- Who is the convenor of search cum selection committee formed by NHAI to appoint members of investment manager board?
1) Sukhbir Singh Sandhu
2) Deepak Parekh
3) Girish Chandra Chaturvedi
4) Sanjay Mitra
5) None of the Above
Answer-1) Sukhbir Singh Sandhu
To have a professional management structure, NHAI has constituted a search-cum-selection committee for the appointment of two independent Directors and one Chairman for the Investment Manager Board. Dr Sukhbir Singh Sandhu (Chairman of NHAI)is the convener of the Committee and other members include Deepak Parekh, Chairman, Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC); Girish Chandra Chaturvedi, Chairman, ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India) Bank; and Sanjay Mitra, Ex-Secretary, MoRTH.
- The US based Intel capital planned to buy _____% stake in Jio platforms for Rs 1,894.50 crore.
US based Electronic chip maker Intel’s investment arm, Intel Capital to buy 0.39% stake in Reliance Industries Limited(RIL)’s Jio Platforms for Rs 1,894.50 crore. This is the 12th deal of Jio Platforms. With this investment, Jio Platforms has raised Rs 1,17,588.45 crore from global investors since April 22.
- How much was the amount approved by the Defence Acquisition Council for capital acquisition of equipment for armed forces (July 2020)?
1) Rs 29,200 crore
2) Rs 41,800 crore
3) Rs 32,500 crore
4) Rs 38,900 crores
5) Rs 36,700 crore
Answer-4) Rs 38,900 crores
Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has given its consent for the capital acquisition of various platforms and equipment required by the Indian Armed Forces, Army, Navy and the Air Force, worth Rs 38,900 crore. This decision was taken during the DAC meet held on July 2, 2020 under the chairmanship of Raksha Mantri (Defence Minister) Rajnath Singh. Notably, these approvals include acquisitions of Rs 31,130 crore from Indian industry signifying Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi’s clarion call for ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ focused on indigenous design and development.
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) approved the proposal for procurement of ____ fighter aircrafts.
DAC also approved the proposal for procurement of 33 fighter jets including 21 MIG-29 and 12 Su-30 MKI aircraft along with upgradation of existing 59 MIG-29 aircraft. The MIG 29 procurement and upgradation from Russia is estimated to cost Rs 7,418 crore. The Su-30 MKI will be procured from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), India at an estimated cost of Rs 10,730 crore.
- Which IIT have developed a virtual classroom system named ‘Mobile Masterjee’?
1) IIT Kanpur
2) IIT Mandi
3) IIT Madras
4) IIT Calcutta
5) IIT Kharagpur
Answer-1) IIT Kanpur
The Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Kanpur has developed a virtual classroom aid, ‘Mobile Masterjee’. It is a classroom-to-home teaching setup, which enables students to record teachers’ lectures/instructions while using smartphones. It is developed by the Imagineering Lab of IIT Kanpur.
- What is the name of Jupiter-like planet which was found by researchers recently (39 times bigger than earth)?
The researchers spotted a Jupiter-like planet, 39 times more massive than the Earth, orbiting around a distant star with temperature lower than the Sun, the planet is located around 730 light years away from Earth. The astronomers named the planet TOI-849b. This is the first ever planetary core to be found by the astronomers. The study/findings were published in Journal Nature.
- Who is the 1st Indian to secure podium position in the international ultra-cycling race (VRAAM 2020).
1) Aditi Krishnan
2) Prashanth R
3) Ikshan Shanbag
4) Bharat Pannu
5) Aryan Gurav
Answer-4) Bharat Pannu
Lt Col Bharat Pannu, Indian Army officer, secured the 3rd position on the leaderboard at the first edition of the Virtual Race Across America(VRAAM) 2020 held from 16th June to 28th June 2020 and became the first ever Indian to secure a podium position in the international ultra-cycling race. Lt Col Pannu finished with a total distance of 4086km in 12 days and a total elevation gain of 71,000 meters in a stationary bicycle in Pimple Nilakh, Pune.
- Saroj Khan who passed away in June 2020 is a renowned _________.
Veteran Bollywood Choreographer, Saroj Khan (71) died of Cardiac arrest at Gurunanak Hospital, Bandra where she was admitted before one week with complaint of breathing issues. She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Sanjay Dobal who passed away is associated with which sport?
Former Delhi cricketer Sanjay Dobal has passed away at the age of 53 after suffering a cardiac arrest.
- Which ministry launched ‘SBM-Urban MIS’ portal recently?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Finance
3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
4) Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Minority Affairs
Answer-4) Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs launched the integrated SBM-Urban MIS[Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban Management information system] portal.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Which country has the greatest number of elephants in the world?
The southern Africa country of Botswana is struggling to investigate the reasons for the mysterious deaths of over 350 elephants in the popular Okavango Delta nature reserve.Botswana has the world’s largest elephant population, believed to be more than 130,000.
- Where is the HQ of HDFC bank located?
2) New Delhi
The HQ of HDFC bank located at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- What is the capital of Russia?
The capital and currency of Russia are Moscow & Rouble respectively.
- Who is the present chairman of Defence Acquisition Council (DAC)?
1) Rajnath Singh
2) Amit Shah
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Prakash Javadekar
5) Nitin Gadkari
Answer-1) Rajnath Singh
Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) is chaired by Defence Minister (Currently-Rajnath Singh) which provide approvals to Capital acquisitions in the Long Term Perspective Plan (LTPP).
- Who is the present chairman of SEBI?
1) Amitabh Kant
3) Rajiv Kumar
4) Ajay Tyagi
5) VK Paul
Answer-4) Ajay Tyagi
Ajay Tyagi is the present chairman of SEBI.