AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- In Which City PM Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of ‘Major Dhyan Chand Sports University’ that is to be built at an estimated cost of Rs. 700 Crore?
1) Rourkela, Odisha
2) Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
3) Gandhinagar, Gujarat
4) Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
5) Gaya, BiharAnswer-4) Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
The PM Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of ~ Rs 700 Crore Major Dhyan Chand Sports University in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh (UP). It will be established at Salawa and Kaili villages of Sardhana town in Meerut.
i. The Major Dhyan Chand Sports University was Dedicated to Major Dhyan Chand, an Indian field hockey player.
ii. The Sports University will be equipped with modern and state of the art sports infrastructure for various Games.
- The Traditional New Year of Tibetan Buddhism called ‘Losar Festival’ was recently (in Jan’22) celebrated in which state?
5) TripuraAnswer-2) Ladakh
The Losar Festival in Ladakh is celebrated at the onset of the New Year in the traditional schedule of Tibetan Buddhism. It is celebrated by the Buddhist Community in the Ladakh region.
i. The Losar is a Tibetan word which means ‘New Year’. It is a 15 day’s festival, from the start of the Tibetan Lunar calendar, marking the 1st day of the 11 month in Tibetan Calendar.
- In January, 2022 ___________ launched a ______ days reading campaign called “Padhe Bharat” to encourage the reading habit among students till Grade 8.
1) Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports; 100
2) Ministry of Education; 50
3) Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship; 50
4) Ministry of Education; 100
5) Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship; 25Answer-4) Ministry of Education; 100
Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of Education, launched a 100-day reading campaign “Padhe Bharat” to encourage the reading habit among students.
i. Padhe Bharat campaign will focus on children studying in Balvatika to Grade 8.
ii. The 100 days (14 weeks) reading campaign will be organized from January 2022 to April 2022.
- Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL) celebrated its _______ anniversary of ‘One Nation-One Grid-One Frequency’ on ___________.
1) 5th; 1st January 2022
2) 1st; 31st December 2021
3) 2nd; 2nd January 2022
4) 3rd; 1st January 2022
5) 4th; 31st December 2021Answer-2) 1st; 31st December 2021
Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL) celebrated the first anniversary of ‘One Nation-One Grid-One Frequency’ on 31st December 2021.
i. On behalf of the occasion, 70 Sub-stations across India along with Regional Headquarters have been lit up in tricolour to mark this momentous achievement.
- In January 2022, Finance Ministry retained the Interest Rates in ‘Small Savings Schemes’ for Q4 FY22 same as in Q3 FY22.
Which of the following points is ‘INCORRECT’ with respect to Small Saving Schemes (SSS) & their interest rates as of January 2022?
1) Public Provident Fund (PPF) has an interest rate of 7.10% with a maturity period of 15 years.
2) The maturity period of the Senior Citizens Savings Scheme Account (SCSS) is 5 years with an interest rate of 7.4%.
3) Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) has a maturity period of 124 months with an interest rate
4) National Savings Recurring Deposit Account has a maturity period of 20 years with an interest rate of 7.4%
5) The maturity period of Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA) Scheme is 21 years with an interest rate of 7.60%Answer-4) National Savings Recurring Deposit Account has a maturity of 20 years with an interest rate of 7.4%
National Savings Recurring Deposit Account has a maturity period of 5 years with an interest rate of 5.8 %.
i. Public Provident Fund (PPF) has an interest rate of 7.10% with a maturity period of 15 years.
ii. The maturity period of the Senior Citizens Savings Scheme Account (SCSS) is 5 years with an interest rate of 7.4%.
iii. Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) has a maturity period of 124 months with an interest rate
iv. The maturity period of Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA) Scheme is 21 years with an interest rate of 7.60%.
- Name the Bank that recently (in Jan’22) got approval by RBI to commence International Remittance business under the Money Transfer Service Scheme (MTSS).
1) India Post Payments Bank
2) Jio Payments Bank
3) Fino Payments Bank
4) Airtel Payment Bank
5) Paytm Payments BankAnswer-3) Fino Payments Bank
Reserve Bank of India has approved Fino Payments Bank for commencing international remittance business under the Money Transfer Service Scheme (MTSS).
i. The approval will enable the customers of Fino Payments Bank to receive money sent from foreign countries.
About Money Transfer Service Scheme (MTSS):
i. MTSS is a quick and easy way of transferring personal remittances from abroad to beneficiaries in India.
- According to the Controller General of Accounts (CGA), India’s Fiscal Deficit was decreased to ________ at the end of November 2021 (April-November).
5) 48.9%Answer-2) 46.2%
In accordance with India’s Controller General of Accounts (CGA), the Central Government’s fiscal deficit at the end of November 2021 (April-November) decreased to 46.2% due to revenues and rise in tax collections. It was 135.1% in November 2020.
i. In actual terms, the deficit stood at Rs 6.95 lakh crore against the annual estimate of Rs 15.06 lakh crore for FY22 or 6.8% of GDP.
Note- This was the lowest Central Government’s deficit since FY98 in percentage terms of the full year’s fiscal deficit
i.India Ratings expects fiscal deficit in FY22 to be 6.6% of GDP.
- In accordance with RBI’s Balance of Payments (BoP) data, India’s Current Account Deficit (CAD) for Q2 FY22 was ________ of GDP.
5) 1.5%Answer-3) 1.3%
In accordance with the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Balance of Payments (BoP) data for July-September 2021 (Q2FY22), India’s Current Account Deficit (CAD) was USD 9.6 billion or 1.3% of GDP (Gross Domestic Product).
i. India’s current account surplus stood at USD 6.6 billion or 0.9% of GDP in the April-June 2021 quarter (Q1FY22).
ii. The current account records the value of exports and imports of both goods and services along with international transfers of capital.
- Who was recently (in Jan’22) appointed as the New Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Railway Board for the tenure upto December 2022?
1) Sanjay Chander
2) Vinay Kumar Tripathi
3) Sunnet Sharma
4) Sanjeev Mittal
5) Ravinder GuptaAnswer-2) Vinay Kumar Tripathi
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Vinay Kumar Tripathi as a Chairman and CEO of Railway Board, New Delhi.
i. Tripathi is currently working as the General Manager of North-Eastern Railway, Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh and has been appointed in place of outgoing Chairman and CEO Suneet Sharma.
ii. The appointment has been made for six months from January 1, 2022, to June 30, 2022 and the ACC has approved a six-month extension to Tripathi’s tenure (i.e.) up to December 2022.
- Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) celebrated its 64th Raising Day/Foundation Day on ______________.
1) 30th December, 2021
2) 1st January, 2022
3) 31st December, 2021
4) 2nd January, 2022
5) 4th January, 2022Answer-2) 1st January, 2022
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Research and development (R&D) wing of Ministry of Defence, celebrated its 64th Foundation Day or 64th Raising Day on 1st January 2022.
The DRDO was established on 1st January 1958 by amalgamating the Technical Development Establishment (TDEs) of the Indian Army & the Directorate of Technical Development & Production (DTDP) with the Defence Science Organization (DSO).
Chairman– Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi