AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Identify the points that are correctly related to “e-RUPI” – a digital payment solution launched by the Prime minister in August 2021.
A) It is a One-time generatable Digital Payment Voucher developed by NPCI to facilitate ease in Direct Benefit Transfer by government
B) Digital Voucher consisting of QR code or SMS-string will be sent to the beneficiaries registered mobile number
C) At present, there are 11 banks registered with the e-RUPI service of NPCI
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & C
4) Only B
5) Only CAnswer-1) All A, B & C
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually launched a prepaid electronic voucher-based digital payment solution e-RUPI to strengthen the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) of benefits from govt.
i.e-RUPI, a one-time cashless & contactless digital payment vouchers were developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
ii.e-RUPI e-Voucher/coupon will be sent in the form of SMS-string or QR code to the beneficiaries’ registered mobile, which can be used for receiving money.
iii.The e-RUPI service was boarded into 11 banks (both private and public) as an issuing entity.
- Which city was selected by the Defence Ministry to host ‘DefExpo-2022’?
1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
3) Gandhinagar, Gujarat
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) Bangalore, KarnatakaAnswer- 3) Gandhinagar, Gujarat
DefExpo-2022 (12th Edition), the land and naval systems show of the Ministry of Defence has been scheduled to be held at Gandhinagar, Gujarat from March 11-13, 2022. It is a biennial event and is organised by the Ministry of Defence.
- Where was the 1st G20 Culture Ministers’ Meeting 2021 held in July 2021?
1) Rome, Italy
2) Bhopal, India
3) Beijing, China
4) Lyon, France
5) Brussels, BelgiumAnswer-1) Rome, Italy
The 1st G20 Culture Ministers’ Meeting 2021 was held in July 2021, virtually in Rome, Italy. It was hosted by Italy as it assumed the G20 2021 Presidency on 1 December 2020.
India is one of the members of G20.
- What is the revised minimum application value (as of Aug’21) of Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs)?
1) Rs 15,000 – Rs 25,000
2) Rs 10,000 – Rs 50,000
3) Rs 50,000 – Rs 1 lakh
4) Rs 50,000 – Rs 75,000
5) Rs 10,000 – Rs 15,000Answer-5) Rs 10,000 – Rs 15,000
SEBI reduced the minimum application value of real estate investment trusts (REITs) and infrastructure investment trusts (InvITs) to the range of Rs 10,000-15,000 from earlier requirement of Rs 50,000 for REITs and Rs 1 lakh for InvITs.
- Which bank was appointed by RBI (in Aug’21) as “Agency Bank” to facilitate Government related transactions?
1) IndusInd Bank
2) Federal Bank
3) CSB Bank
4) IDFC FIRST Bank
5) Standard CharteredAnswer-1) IndusInd Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has empanelled IndusInd Bank, the private sector lender, as an ‘Agency Bank’ to facilitate transactions related to government businesses.
About IndusInd Bank:
Establishment – 1994
Headquarters – Pune, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Sumant Kathpalia
- Which bank was honoured with the Digital Banking Awards 2021 by ‘The Banker’?
2) HSBC Bank
3) DBS Bank
4) CSB Bank
5) Standard CharteredAnswer-3) DBS Bank
The Banker, a Financial Times publication has honoured DBS Bank, as the Global and Asia-Pacific winner for the Most Innovative in Digital Banking, at its Innovation in Digital Banking Awards 2021.
- As per the ‘2021 Fortune Global 500 list’, India’s most valuable company – Reliance Industries Ltd was placed at ________, while the list was topped by __________.
1) 96th; Amazon
2) 96th; Walmart
3) 96th; Google
4) 155th; Walmart
5) 155th; AmazonAnswer-4) 155th; Walmart
Reliance Industries Ltd slipped 59 places to rank 155th on the 2021 Fortune Global 500 list. While Walmart was ranked as the most valuable company.
- Identify the points that are correctly related to the 32nd Edition of Olympic Games is taking place in Tokyo, Japan
A) The Specific Motto of the Tokyo Olympics is “A New World”
B) Mirabai Chanu became the 1st Indian Woman to win ‘Silver Medal’ in Weightlifting, when she won in 49 Kg category
C) Indian women hockey team’s Vandana Katariya, became the 1st Indian woman to score a hat-trick goal at Olympics
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & C
4) Only B
5) Only CAnswer- 2) Only B & C
i.The Specific Motto of the Tokyo Olympics is ‘United by Emotion’.
ii.Mirabai Chanu (Manipur) won the Silver Medal in 49kg Weightlifting category with a total lift of 202 Kg. She became 1st Indian Weightlifter to win Silver in Olympics.
iii.Hockey – Vandana Katariya (Uttarakhand) became the 1st Indian woman to score a hat-trick at Olympics
- What is the Upper Tolerance Limit of Consumer Price Index (CPI) Inflation?
5) 6%Answer-5) 6%
On April 1,2021, Government of India decided to continue the existing Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation target of 4% with a +/- 2% tolerance band (ie; Upper tolerance limit of 6% & Lower tolerance limit of 2%) for the next 5 fiscal years i.e. FY22 to FY26.
- When India made its 1st appearance in an Olympic game?
5) 1916Answer-1) 1900
India 1st participated at the Olympic Games in 1900, with a lone athlete (Norman Pritchard) winning 2 medals (both silver) in athletics and became the first Asian nation to win an Olympic medal.