AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 August 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Who inaugurated Grand Finale of 4th edition of Smart India Hackathon-SIH (Software) 2020, the largest online hackathon in the world?
1) Amit Shah
2) Narendra Modi
3) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
4) Ram Nath Kovind
5) Nitin Gadkari
Answer-3) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the Grand Finale of 4th edition of Smart India Hackathon-SIH (Software) 2020, largest ever online Hackathon in the world and interacted with the participants through video conference. Union Human Resource Development(HRD) Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurated the Grand Finale virtually in New Delhi. The Grand Finale was conducted online from 1st to 3rd August, 2020 over a specially-built advanced platform. The Hackathon has been organized by the Ministry of HRD(MHRD), Government of India; All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Persistent Systems and i4C.
- Name the person who launched ‘Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan 2020-21’.
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Narendra Modi
3) Pralhad Patel
4) Harsh Vardhan
5) Narendra Singh Tomar
Answer-4) Harsh Vardhan
Union Minister for Ministry of Science and Technology Dr. Harsh Vardhan launched Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan 2020-21. VVM is a national level programme for popularizing science among school students of class sixth to Eleventh. Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan is an initiative of Vijnana Bharathi (VIBHA) in collaboration with Vigyan Prasar, Government of India and National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) an institution under the Ministry of Education (MoE formerly known as Ministry of Human Resource Development).
- Which department launched pan India 1000 SARS–CoV-2 RNA genome sequencing programme in collaboration with the national laboratories and clinical organization?
1) Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals
2) Department for Science and Technology
3) Department of Health and Family Welfare
4) Department of Biotechnology
5) Department of Internal Security
Answer-4) Department of Biotechnology
Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare announced the completion of Pan-India Genome Sequencing of SARS-CoV-2. He reviewed the COVID-19 activities of Department of Biotechnology(DBT), Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) and DBT-Autonomous Institutions (AIs) in the meeting with DBT. He also launched the establishment of Five COVID-19 Bio Repositories by the DBT at Faridabad, Bhubaneshwar, New Delhi, Pune and Bangalore. Pan India 1000 SARS–CoV-2 RNA Genome Sequencing programme was launched by the Department of Biotechnology(DBT) in May 2020, was conducted by the autonomous institutes of DBT in collaboration with the national laboratories and clinical organisation.
- Name the MSME minister who approved the Khadi Agarbatti Aatmanribhar Mission proposed by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).
1) Narendra Modi
2) Nitin Gadkari
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) S Jaishankar
5) Raj Nath Singh
Answer-2) Nitin Gadkari
Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises(MSME), approved the Khadi Agarbatti Aatmanribhar Mission(KAAM) proposed by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission(KVIC) to increase the production of Agarbatti (incense sticks) and to generate employment and to achieve the self-reliant India in the production of agarbatti.
- Which state government launched cybercrime awareness programme named ‘E-Raksha Bandhan’?
3) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
Answer-3) Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy launched a one-month long virtual cybercrime awareness programme ‘E-Raksha Bandhan’ in Amaravati. The Aim of the Programme is to create awareness among women, youth and children on Cyber Crimes across the state. It is organized by the Andhra Pradesh Police, CID, FM Radio, Cyber Crime Prevention Against Women and Children (CCPWC), Cyber Peace Foundation (CPF) and other organisations.
- How much percent reservation was given for More Backward Classes in state judicial service by Rajasthan government?
The Rajasthan government amended the Rajasthan Judicial Service Rules 2010 through the cabinet of Rajasthan on the initiative of Ashok Gehlot, chief Minister of Rajasthan to provide 5% reservation in the state judicial service for the More Backward Classes(MBC) instead of 1%. With the passage of this bill the five castes – Gurjar, Gadiya, Luhar, Banjara, Rebari, and Raika which were classified as Other Backward Classes(OBC) came under the MBC classification.
- The Cotton Corporation of India (CCI) plans to set up its own warehouse in which country?
The Cotton Corporation of India (CCI), which is holding surplus stocks of cotton just ahead of the next harvest season, is trying to boost exports of the fibre crop. A memorandum of understanding is being worked out to export 1.5-2 million bales (of 170 kilograms each) of cotton to Bangladesh while the state-run CCI will also set up its own warehouse in Vietnam to boost cotton exports.
- Which ministry in collaboration with MyGov conducts quiz competition on ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat – Swatantra Bharat’?
1) Health and family welfare ministry
2) Defence ministry
3) Chemicals and Fertilizers ministry
4) Skill Development and Entrepreneurship ministry
5) Power ministry
Answer-2) Defence ministry
As part of forthcoming Independence Day Celebrations, Atmanirbhar Bharat is being promoted in a big way. An online quiz competition on ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat – Swatantra Bharat’ is being conducted by Ministry of Defence in coordination with MyGov from today to 10th August in order to create patriotic feeling among youth and masses. Also, MyGov platform, aimed at empowering people to connect with the government, marked “six years” on Sunday with Prime Minister Narendra Modi saying that it has emerged as a noteworthy forum that “celebrates participative governance”.
- Find the company which partnered with Innoviti Payment Solutions Pvt. Ltd to launch the new credit card Equated Monthly Installments offering on POS terminals.
1) PNB Financial Solutions Limited
2) IOB Financial Solutions Limited
3) SBI Financial Solutions Limited
4) BOB Financial Solutions Limited
5) None of the Above
Answer-4) BOB Financial Solutions Limited
BOB Financial Solutions Limited partnered with Innoviti Payment Solutions Pvt. Ltd to launch New Credit Card Equated Monthly Installments(EMI) offering on Point of Sale(POS) terminals. The association of Bank of Baroda(BOB) Credit Card with Innoviti Payment Solutions will enable BOB credit card holders to access EMIs that can be repaid conveniently through their credit cards.
- Who heads the expert committee formulated by International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) to suggest ways to develop the international retail businesses?
1) Pradip Shah
2) G. Srinivasan
3) Siddhartha Sengupta
4) Shyamal Mukherjee
5) Dipesh Shah
Answer-1) Pradip Shah
The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) announced the establishment of an expert committee headed by Pradip Shah, Chairman of Indasia Fund Advisors Pvt Ltd. to suggest ways to develop the international retail businesses in International Financial Services Centres (IFSC).
- Mohamed Irfaan Ali has become the president of which country?
5) None of the Above
Former Guyanese housing minister Mohamed Irfaan Ali (40 years old) became the President of the country after he was declared as the winner of the disputed March 2, 2020 general election following a recount. He is a member of the opposition People’s Progressive Party (PPP). He succeeds David Arthur (A.) Granger.
- Rajesh Kumar has been appointed as the chief secretary of which state?
Dr. Rajesh Kumar, IAS has been appointed as the next Chief Secretary of the state of Manipur by Manipur Governor Najma Heptullah The current Chief Secretary J.Suresh Babu who retired on 31st July, 2020.
- Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare collaborated with Asian Development Bank & UNICEF for thermal screening at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport located at which city?
1) New Delhi
Hyderabad’s (Telangana) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport has received a mass fever screening system to enhance the screening process of passengers. There are two more scanners in the Airport. The thermal scanner has been provided by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in coordination with Asian Development Bank funded by the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
- Name the company which became the first independent power producer to fully commission the first three wind auctions held by the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
1) My Home Power private Limited
2) Shyam Indus Power Solutions Limited
3) Reliance Power Trading Limited
4) Sembcorp Energy India Limited
5) None of the Above
Answer-4) Sembcorp Energy India Limited
Sembcorp Energy India Limited, owned by Singapore-based energy and infrastructure group Sembcorp Industries, became the first independent power producer to fully commission the first three wind auctions held by the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) after it completed its projects that have a combined capacity of 800 MW. This takes Sembcorp’s total capacity across the country to 1,730 MW. The company said that it provides clean power to more six lakh households across seven states, saving carbon dioxide emissions in excess of 2 million tonnes per annum. Sembcorp continues to have the largest operational wind capacity via bids won from SECI.
- Who has won the British Grand Prix 2020?
1) Charles Leclerc
2) Lewis Hamilton
3) Valtteri Bottas
4) Sebastian Vettel
5) Max Verstappen
Answer-2) Lewis Hamilton
Formula One Champion Mercedes Lewis Hamilton(British) won British Grand Prix(GP) 2020(officially known as the Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand Prix 2020) held at the Silverstone Circuit in Silverstone, United Kingdom(UK). This is his 7th time to win this title. He is the only racer to win most in British GP.
- Which country is going to host the 13th edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020?
1) United Arab Emirates
2) South Africa
4) New Zealand
5) West Indies
Answer-1) United Arab Emirates
The Central Government has given the go ahead for Indian Premier League to be rescheduled in the United Arab Emirates from September 19 to November 10, 2020 (13th edition of IPL). The Board of Control for Cricket in India has got “verbal clearance” from the Government and will receive the official letter in a day or two.
- Squash Rackets Federation of India has withdrawn from the Women’s World Team Squash Championship 2020 scheduled to be conducted in which country?
1) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2) Beijing, China
3) Tokyo, Japan
4) Seoul, South Korea
5) None of the Above
Answer-1) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI) has withdrawn from the Women’s World Team Squash Championship 2020, due to lack of preparation, time and match-readiness of athletes, which is scheduled in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from December 15 to 20,2020.
- Who authored the booked titled “Siyasat Mein Sadasyata” which was released by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar?
1) Manmohan Singh
2) Rasheed Kidwai
3) Vijay Kumar Choudhary
4) Seema Mustafa
5) Kiran Bedi
Answer-3) Vijay Kumar Choudhary
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar released a book titled, “Siyasat Mein Sadasyata” authored by Bihar Assembly Speaker Vijay Kumar Choudhary. The book is a compilation of the author’s views, three dozen articles on different important issues and his life journey. The book was published by Bihar Assembly Secretariat. The book is compiled and edited by senior journalist Arvind Sharma and its preface has been written by another senior journalist Vinod Bandhu.
- Find the person who written the book named “Vishesh: Code to Win”?
1) Viswanathan Anand
2) Arunima Sinha
3) Mary Kom
4) Nirupama Yadav
5) Sunil Gavaskar
Answer-4) Nirupama Yadav
A book titled, “Vishesh: Code to Win” written by the sportswoman-turned-author Nirupama Yadav is expected to be put out for the public view on August 29, 2020, the National Sports day. The book is the biography of India’s Youngest Basketball Captain, Vishesh Bhriguvanshi and will be published by the Bluerose publishers.
- Amar Singh who passed away recently is a renowned ________.
4) News Editor
5) Hockey Player
Former Samajwadi party leader and Rajya Sabha MP (Member of Parliament) Amar Singh, had passed away at the age 64, in Singapore due to Kidney ailments. He was born on January 27, 1956 at Aligarh in Uttar Pradesh. He had gone through kidney transplant in the year 2011. From 5th July 2016 to 1st August 2020, he was re-elected as the member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha. (Constituency: Uttar Pradesh) (preceded by Ambeth Rajan)
- Kamal Rani Varun who passed away in August 2020 is the cabinet minister in which state?
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-2) Uttar Pradesh
Minister of Technical Education of Uttar Pradesh, Kamala Rani Varun had passed away at the age of 62 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh due to the infection of COVID-19. She was born on 3 May, 1958 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. She had been admitted in the hospital on July 18,2020 after testing positive on COVID-19 virus at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Kamal Rani served as the Member of Legislative Assembly, Uttar Pradesh from 11 March 2017 to 2nd August 2020. (Constituency: Ghatampur) (Preceding: Indrajeet Kori).
- P Manikyala Rao who is in news recently is the former minister of which state?
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) Tamil Nadu
5) Andhra Pradesh
Answer-5) Andhra Pradesh
Former Andhra Pradesh(AP) Minister Pydikondala(P) Manikyala Rao passed away at the age 59 due to COVID-19 infection in a private hospital in Vijayawada, AP. He was a Senior BJP leader. He was born on November 1, 1961 at AP.
- The world Sanskrit day 2020 was celebrated on ___________.
1) 30th May
2) 3rd August
3) 1st September
4) 28th June
5) 31st July
Answer-2) 3rd August
The World Sanskrit Day which is also known as Sanskrit Diwas or Vishvasamskritadinam is celebrated all over the world on the Shravana Poornima, full moon day of the Hindu month Shravana, the day promotes the revival of the ancient Indian language and speaks about the importance of learning and knowing Sanskrit Language. The World Sanskrit Day 2020 is celebrated on 3rd August 2020. All India Radio(AIR) broadcast its first ever special program titled, ‘Bahujan Bhasha-Sanskrit Bhasha’ on 3rd August 2020 on account of World Sanskrit Day.
- Which edition of Muslim Women Rights Day was observed on August 1, 2020?
On 1st August 2020, Union Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi informed that country observed the 1st Muslim Women Rights Day across India in accordance with the 1st anniversary of the passage of Muslim Women Act (Protetion on Rights on Marriage Act) 2019 on 1st August 2019 which against the act of triple talaq or talaq-e-biddat and help to achieve gender equality for Muslim women as Muslim Women Rights Day.
- Name the hurricane which hits Bahamas recently.
Hurricane Isaias lashes the Bahamas on a Track for Florida’s East Coast. A hurricane warning was issued for parts of Florida’s Atlantic coast on July 31, 2020, hours after Hurricane Isaias raked the Bahamas, parts of Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Galapagos Islands, the world’s 1st UNESCO world heritage site is located in which country?
Recently, Ecuador has expressed an official discomfort over the sighting of a flotilla of 260 mostly Chinese fishing vessels near the Galapagos archipelago (a part of Ecuador). The Galapagos Islands, spread over almost 60,000 sq km, are a part of Ecuador. Ecuador made a part of the Galapagos a wildlife sanctuary in 1935, and the sanctuary became the Galapagos National Park in 1959. In 1978, the islands became “UNESCO’s first World Heritage Site”.
- Agatti Island is located in which country?
Recently, the southern bench of the National Green Tribunal (NGT) has granted an interim stay on felling of coconut trees on Agatti Island in Lakshadweep. It is at a distance of 459 km (248 nautical miles) from Kochi (Kerala) and is located to the west of Kavaratti Island. Kavaratti is the capital of the UT of Lakshadweep, India.
- Which ministry was renamed as Ministry of Education recently?
1) Human Resource Development Ministry
2) Sports Ministry
3) Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Ministry
4) Culture Ministry
5) Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry
Answer-1) Human Resource Development Ministry
The Union Cabinet has decided to change the name of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to Ministry of Education. The HRD Ministry is currently headed by Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank.
- Mukundra Hill Tiger Reserve is located in which state?
3) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
The country’s third tiger reintroduction programme at the Mukundra Hills Tiger Reserve (MHTR), Jaipur, Rajasthan is facing another crisis after tigress MT-2, which gave birth to two cubs in June, died on August 3, 2020. Few days ago, four-year-old male tiger MT-3 had died at MHTR.
- The Pillur dam was built over which river?
1) Kaveri River
2) Vaigai River
3) Palar River
4) Bhavani River
5) Kollidam River
Answer-4) Bhavani River
Coimbatore district collector K Rajamani on August 4, 2020 issued a flood alert for people living on the banks of the Bhavani river in Mettupalayam. The collector said the water level at Pillur dam touched 97 feet by 8.15am. The dam’s total storage capacity is 100 feet.