AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 4 April 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs December 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Which ministry celebrated the 5th Poshan Pakhwada from 20th March to 3rd April 2023 with the theme of “Nutrition for All: Together Towards a Healthy India”?
1) Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy
2) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
3) Ministry of Women and Child Development
4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Rural DevelopmentAnswer-3) Ministry of Women and Child Development
The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD) celebrated the 5th Poshan Pakhwada nationwide from 20th March to 3rd April 2023 to raise awareness about the importance of nutrition and promote healthy eating habits through Jan Andolan (People’s Movement) and Jan Bhagidari (People’s Participation).
i. The theme of Poshan Pakhwada 2023 is “Nutrition for All: Together Towards a Healthy India”.
ii. Poshan Abhiyaan was launched by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi on 8th March 2018 for ensuring people’s participation and bringing the discourse on nutrition to the forefront.
iii. Every year, Poshan Pakhwada is celebrated in the month of March for 15 days. Similarly, the month of September is celebrated as Rashtriya Poshan Maah, across the country
- According to the data from the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), India’s unemployment rate increased to a 3-Month high of _________ in March 2023 from 7.45% in February 2023.
5) 7.8%Answer-5) 7.8%
According to the data from the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), India’s unemployment rate increased to 7.8% in March 2023, the highest in 3 months, from 7.45% in February 2023. The unemployment rate was 7.14% in January 2023
• Rural unemployment was 7.47% in March 2023, Urban unemployment was 8.51%.
i. Haryana had the highest unemployment rate among the states with 26.8%, followed by Rajasthan (26.4%) and Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) (23.1%).
ii. Uttarakhand and Chhattisgarh have the lowest unemployment rate among the states and Union Territories (UT) with 0.8%, followed by Puducherry (1.5%) and Gujarat (1.8%).
- Which organisation has recently (in March ‘23) released a report with the key highlighting that ‘South Asia’ is home to 9 of the top 10 polluted cities in the world?
1) World Bank
2) United Nations Environment Programme
3) United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
4) United Nations Development Programme
5) United Nations Human Settlement ProgrammeAnswer-1) World Bank
According to the World Bank (WB) report “Striving for Clean Air: Air Pollution and Public Health in South Asia,” concentrations of fine particulate matter (PM) like soot and small dust (PM 2.5) in some of South Asia’s most densely populated and underdeveloped areas are up to 20 times higher than the World Health Organization (WHO) threshold of 5 micrograms per cubic metre (µg/mᶾ).
i. According to the report, South Asia is home to 9 of the top 10 polluted cities in the world, including Dhaka (Bangladesh).
• Nearly 60% of the population in South Asia lives in areas where concentrations of PM2.5 exceed an annual mean of 35 μg/m3.
• The report claims that around 20% of all premature deaths in Bangladesh are caused by air pollution.
• It is estimated that it causes 2 million premature deaths in South Asia each year and imposes huge economic damages.
- In April 2023, _______ became the 1st Indian Bank to open ‘Special Rupee Vostro Account (SRVA)’ in Malaysia to facilitate transactions between India and Malaysia in the Indian rupee.
1) State Bank of India
2) Union Bank of India
3) Bank of India
4) Bank of Maharashtra
5) Bank of BarodaAnswer-2) Union Bank of India
On April 1, 2023, the Union Bank of India (UBI) became the first Indian Bank to open its ‘Special Rupee Vostro Account (SRVA)’ in Malaysia to facilitate transactions between India and Malaysia in the Indian rupee.
• This will be done through the UBI’s corresponding bank in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia i.e. India International Bank of Malaysia (IIBM).
• The will allow the Indian and Malaysian traders to invoice the trade in Indian Rupee.
• The total trade between India and Malaysia reached $19.4 billion in FY22, as per UBI.
- Name the bank that has recently (in April ’23) revised its interest rates on fixed deposits (FDs) under Rs. 2 crore & introduced the “Amrit Mahotsav FD” scheme for retail investors.
1) ICICI Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) IDBI Bank
5) YES BankAnswer-4) IDBI Bank
IDBI Bank, a private sector lender, has revised its interest rates for fixed deposits (FDs) under Rs. 2 crore, effective April 1st, 2023.
i. In response, IDBI bank has introduced the “Amrit Mahotsav FD” scheme for its retail investors, which provides returns of 7.65% for senior citizens and 7.15% for the general public.
ii. For deposits expiring in 7 days to 10 years, the bank currently guarantees interest rates ranging from 3.00% to 6.25% for the general public and 3.50% to 6.75% for senior citizens.
iii. IDBI Bank currently offers 4.25% interest on deposits held for 46 to 90 days and 4.75% interest on deposits held for 91 to 6 months.
- Name the personality who has recently (in April ‘23) taken charge as the Vice-Chief of Naval Staff (VCNS) of the Indian Navy.
1) Vice Admiral Suraj Berry
2) Vice Admiral S.N. Ghormade
3) Vice Admiral Atul Anand
4) Vice Admiral Sanjay Jasjit Singh
5) Vice Admiral Krishna SwaminathanAnswer-4) Vice Admiral Sanjay Jasjit Singh
On April 1, 2023, Vice Admiral Sanjay Jasjit Singh, AVSM, NM, took over as Vice-Chief of Naval Staff (VCNS) of the Indian Navy, following incumbent Vice Admiral S.N. Ghormade, who stepped down as VCNS on March 31, 2023, due to retirement.
• Sanjay Jasjit Singh held the position of Deputy Chief of the Integrated Defence Staff (Operations) before becoming the VCNS.
i. Vice Admiral Suraj Berry, AVSM, NM, and VSM, assumed charge as Chief of Personnel (COP) of the Indian Navy.
ii. Vice Admiral Atul Anand, AVSM, VSM, assumed command as Director General of Naval Operations (DGNO).
- Which regulatory body of GoI has recently (in April ‘23) appointed ‘Neeraj Nigam’ as the new Executive Director (ED)?
1) Reserve Bank of India
2) Securities and Exchange Board of India
3) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
4) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
5) Small Industries Development Bank of IndiaAnswer-1) Reserve Bank of India
On 3rd April 2023, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) appointed Neeraj Nigam as the new Executive Director (ED) with immediate effect. He will be in charge of 4 departments, including consumer education and protection.
i. Before being promoted as ED, Neeraj Nigam was heading the Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) regional office of the RBI as director.
- Who has recently (in April ‘23) won the 1st ever Australian Grand Prix (GP) Title at the Formula 1(F1) Rolex Australian Grand Prix 2023?
1) Fernando Alonso
2) Charles Leclerc
3) Lewis Hamilton
4) Max Verstappen
5) Sergio PerezAnswer-4) Max Verstappen
On 2nd April 2023, Red Bull’s Max Verstappen(Belgian-Dutch racing driver) won his first ever Australian Grand Prix (GP) Title at the Formula 1(F1) Rolex Australian Grand Prix 2023 held in the Albert Park Circuit, Melbourne, Australia.
• This is Red Bull’s first victory in Melbourne since 2011 with Sebastian Vettel.
i. 7-time world champion, Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton(British racing driver) secured 2nd position on the podium, his first podium position of the season and Aston Martin’s Fernando Alonso(Spanish racing driver) secured 3rd position.
ii. This also marks Max Verstappen’s 80th career Podium finish, with this he ties with Ayrton Senna’s total podium finishes.
iii. This marks the 37th FIA F1 World Championship Australian GP.
- Former Indian Cricketer & Arjuna awardee ‘Salim Aziz Durrani’ passed away in April 2023.
In which year did he receive the Arjuna Award?
5) 1965Answer-3) 1961
On 2nd April 2023, Salim Aziz Durrani, a former Afghan-born Indian Cricketer, passed away in Jamnagar, Gujarat, at the age of 88. He was born on 11th December 1934 in Kabul, Afghanistan. He is the only Indian Test cricketer to have been born in Afghanistan.
• In 1961, he was honoured with the Arjuna Award. He became the first cricketer to receive the Arjuna Award.
• The Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI) honoured him with Col. C.K. Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award in 2011.
- What was the theme of International Children’s Book Day 2023 that was observed across the globe on 2nd April 2023?
1) Stories are wings that help you soar every day
2) I am a book, read me
3) The Music of words
4) Books Help Us Slow Down
5) Life itself is the most wonderful fairy taleAnswer-2) I am a book, read me
International Children’s Book Day (ICBD) 2023 was observed across the globe on 2nd April 2023 under the theme “I am a book, read me”.
i. The Day is annually observed across the globe on or around April 2, the birth anniversary of the Danish author Hans Christian Andersen, known for his fairy tales and stories.
• The message for ICBD 2023 was written by Children’s writer Vagelis Iliopoulos and the poster for ICBD 2023 was illustrated by Illustrator Photini Stephanidi.
• ICBD 2023 was sponsored by the International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY) Greece.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification