AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 & 5 October 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which ministry introduced Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Amendment Act, 2020 in parliament which has come into force with effect from September 29, 2020?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Health and Family Affairs
3) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
4) Ministry of Finance
5) Ministry of Labour and Employment
Answer-1) Ministry of Home Affairs
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has redefined guidelines on how non-governmental organizations (NGOs) can accept, transfer and utilize foreign donations and contributions by amending the provisions of the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010 (FCRA) with Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Amendment Act, 2020 which has come into force w.e.f. September 29, 2020. The decision regarding its commencement was taken by the Centre in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (2) of section 1 of the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Amendment Act, 2020 (33 of 2020) to maintain transparency in NGOs. Notably, the amendment in Section 13 of FCRA empowers the MHA to freeze the FCRA Bank account in case of any contravention of the FCRA law and can also suspend FCRA registration of an organization up to 360 days from current 180 days (6 months).
- Prime Minister Modi inaugurated world’s longest highway tunnel (connects Manali and Lahaul-Spiti Valley) “Atal Tunnel” in which state/UT?
2) Arunachal Pradesh
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer-4) Himachal Pradesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated ‘Atal Tunnel’ – World’s Longest Highway Tunnel in Manali, Himachal Pradesh. The 9.02 Kilometre Long Tunnel has been constructed by Border Roads Organisation (BRO) at a cost of INR 3, 300 crores. It connects Manali and Lahaul-Spiti Valley. The Atal Tunnel, running across the 13,050-ft high Rohtang pass, on the Manali-Leh axis is the highest motorable highway tunnel in the world. The Tunnel has been built by adopting the latest NATM (New Austrian Tunneling Method) technique.
- Name the project which was launched to digitalize Coal Mines Provident Fund Organisation (CMPFO).
On the occasion of 151st birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi i.e. On October 2, 2020, the Coal Mines Provident Fund Organisation (CMPFO) launched the information technology (IT) project Superior New-generation Information and Data Handling Initiative (SUNIDHI) to digitise its entire provident fund and pension related activities. CMPFO is a statutory body under the coal ministry which administers different schemes of provident fund, pension and deposit linked insurance for coal mine workers. The project was inaugurated in the virtual presence of Coal Secretary Anil Kumar Jain and Coal India (CIL) Chairman Pramod Agrawal, among others.
- Name the tribal minister of India who has launched India’s largest tribal products market ‘Tribes India E-Marketplace’.
1) Arjun Munda
2) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
3) Harsh Vardhan
4) Mahendra Nath Pandey
5) Narendra Singh Tomar
Answer-1) Arjun Munda
On the Occasion of Gandhi Jayanthi (October 2, 2020), Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, Arjun Munda virtually launched ‘Tribes India E-Marketplace’ (market.tribesindia.com). It is India’s largest handicraft and organic products marketplace. It is an initiative of Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED). Minister of State (MoS) for Tribal Affairs, Renuka Singh, Minister of Rural Industry, Chhattisgarh, Rudra Kumar, Chairman of TRIFED, Ramesh Chand Meena & Managing Director of TRIFED, Pravir Krishna were present during the launch.
- The special purpose ______ VVIP aircraft Air India One for President, PM was arrived in Delhi recently.
The VVIP Air India One aircraft that will be used to fly the President, Vice-President and Prime Minister, arrived in Delhi from US, said government officials. The B777 aircraft was scheduled to be delivered by aircraft manufacturer Boeing to Air India in July, but its delivery was delayed twice – once in July for a few weeks due to Covid-19 pandemic and then in August for a few weeks due to technical reasons – the officials noted.
- ‘No Mask, No Ride’ was launched by police of which district of Maharashtra?
In Maharashtra’s Sangli district, the police have launched a campaign, ‘No Mask, No Ride’ to contain the spread of Coronavirus in the region. The campaign is part of the state government’s My Family, My Responsibility’ which was launched on 15th of this month to control the surging pandemic.
- Punjab government has launched construction of ‘how many’ rural stadiums and playgrounds under ‘Rural Transformation Strategy’ and ‘Tandarust Punjab Mission’?
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh virtually launched the construction of 750 Rural Stadiums and Playgrounds in Punjab. The stadium will facilitate youths to channelize their energy in a constructive manner. It is being built at a cost of INR 105 Crores under Punjab’s ‘Rural Transformation Strategy’ and ‘Tandarust Punjab Mission’. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Local Government Department, Punjab and Centre for Policy Research (CPR), Odisha for the implementation of Punjab Slum Dwellers Proprietary Act, 2020.
- BOB Financial Solutions Limited partnered with which company to launch four new variants of BOB credit cards?
1) American Express
Bank of Baroda Financial Solutions (BFSL), a subsidiary of Bank of Baroda (BoB) has partnered with Mastercard to launch four new variants of BOB Credit Cards. The credit cards will serve customers across different economic segments including affluent customers, first-time credit card owners, two variants exclusively for Chartered Accountants, and Cost & Management Accountants.
- Gram Sampark Abhiyan is the financial inclusion initiative of which bank (scheme launched by Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar)?
1) State Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Canara Bank
4) United Bank of India
5) Indian Bank
Answer-2) Punjab National Bank
To commemorate the 151st birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi i.e. on October 2, 2020, Punjab National Bank (PNB) has launched a 3 months long nationwide campaign of financial inclusion and literacy initiative “Gram Sampark Abhiyan”. It was launched by Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar on the lines of “Aatmanirbhar Bharat”. The campaign is centered on four key themes viz. digital, credit, social security and financial literacy. This campaign will culminate on December 31, 2020 covering 526 districts in 24 states.
- Which organization has partnered with HelpAge India (Under “Aalambana” project) to afford digital literacy to rural elderly citizens?
1) Government e-Marketplace (GeM)
2) Common Services Centre (CSC)
3) National e-Governance Division (NeGD)
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) None of the Above
Answer-2) Common Services Centre (CSC)
Common Services Centre(CSC), e-Governance Services arm is a Special Purpose Vehicle (CSC SPV) of the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology(MeitY) partnered with HelpAge India, a nonprofit organisation focused on the concerns of elders. CSC Academy, the education arm of CSC and HelpAge India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) under the project of “Aalambana” of HelpAge India which will be implemented for a period of 1 year, to offer digital literacy to the rural elderly citizens of India (above the age of 55). This was launched on the occasion of International Day of Older Persons October 1, 2020.
- Who among the following doesn’t got 2020 Right Livelihood Award (alternative Nobel Prize in Stockholm)?
1) Ales Bialiatski
2) Nasrin Sotoudeh
3) Bryan Stevenson
4) Lottie Cunningham Wren
5) Sumaira Abdulali
Answer-5) Sumaira Abdulali
Right Livelihood Award Foundation announced the four winners of the 2020 Right Livelihood Award which is also known as the alternative Nobel Prize in Stockholm. The four activists Ales Bialiatski of Belarus, Nasrin Sotoudeh of Iran, Bryan Stevenson of the United States(US) and Lottie Cunningham Wren of Nicaragua shared the 2020 award for their contribution towards equality, democracy, justice and freedom.
- Which foundation has received the UNSDG Action Award 2020 from the UNDP for its work on crop residue management?
1) Naam Foundation
2) Reliance Foundation
3) Adani Foundation
4) Sakal Foundation
5) CII Foundation
Answer-5) CII Foundation
At the 3rd edition of United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (UNSDG) Action Awards 2020, The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Foundation received the UNSDG Action Award 2020 from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in partnership with the Government of Punjab for their work on crop residue management. CII received the award under the category of “Integration, Convergence, Joint Action and holistic Solution Approach – Industry”.
- Name the person who has been conferred with the Special Humanitarian Action Award 2020 in the event organized in collaboration with UNDP.
1) Sonu Sood
2) SPS Oberoi
3) Aamir Khan
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
The Special Humanitarian Action Award 2020 was conferred upon Action Sonu Sood and SPS Oberoi, Dubai based businessman and philanthropist over a virtual ceremony presided by Vini Mahajan, Chief Secretary of Punjab. The event was organised in collaboration with UNDP’s sustainable development goals coordination centre.
- Who inaugurated the “Vaishvik Bharatiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) Summit 2020”?
1) Amit Shah
2) Narendra Modi
3) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
4) Ram Nath Kovind
5) Nitin Gadkari
Answer-2) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a virtual summit of overseas and resident Indian Researchers and Academicians namely “Vaishvik Bharatiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) Summit 2020” via video conferencing which will continue till October 31, 2020 i.e. Sardar Patel Jayanti. During the summit he encouraged indigenous vaccine production. Aim: To bring Indian origin experts in academic institutes and R&D organizations across the world on a single platform to debate upon collaboration mechanisms to strengthen academic and S&T (science & technology) base in India for global development. Organizers: It is organized by 200 academic institutes and S&T departments, led by Principal Scientific Advisor, Krishnaswamy VijayRaghavan.
- Union textiles minister Smriti Irani addressed ‘India-Bangladesh Virtual Conference on Textiles and Apparel Sector’ organized by FFBCCI and which organization?
1) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
2) Electronic Component Industries Association (ELCINA)
3) National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
4) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
5) Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
Answer-4) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
Union Minister of Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani addressed the inaugural session of ‘India-Bangladesh Virtual Conference on Textiles and Apparel Sector’ organized by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of commerce and Industry (FFBCCI).
- The Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC) and Texas Pacific Group (TPG) planned to invest combined USD 1 Billion in Reliance Retail Ventures Limited (RRVL). Where is the HQ of RRVL located?
3) New Delhi
The Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC), and United States based Texas Pacific Group (TPG) will invest a combined USD 1 Billion (INR 7, 350 Crores) in Reliance Retail Ventures Limited (RRVL). GIC will invest INR 5, 512 Crore for 1.22% stake while TPG Capital Management will invest INR 1, 838 Crore to own 0.41% equity stake in RRVL. Reliance Industries Limited (RIL): Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Mukesh Ambani; Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Which among the following was developed by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Hyderabad based Biological E Limited for the treatment of the COVID-19?
1) Quinine antisera
2) Equine antisera
3) Diamine antisera
4) Feline antisera
5) None of the Above
Answer-2) Equine antisera
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Hyderabad based Biological E Limited have developed highly purified ‘equine antisera’ for prophylaxis and treatment of the COVID-19. It was isolated by the ICMR-led National Institute of Virology, Pune (Maharashtra). The pre-print version of this study has been posted on Research Square platform. Antibodies from horses, known as equine antisera.
- Name the spacecraft of Northrop Grumman Cygnus (NG-14 Cygnus) which was launched by NASA recently.
1) Valentina Tereshkova
2) Chiaki Mukai
3) Eileen Collins
4) SS Kalpana Chawla
5) Sunita Williams
Answer-4) SS Kalpana Chawla
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) launched the Northrop Grumman Cygnus resupply spacecraft named “SS Kalpana Chawla” after its astronaut Kalpana Chawla, the first Indian-born woman to enter space and was one of the seven crew members who died in the Space Shuttle in Columbia disaster when the spacecraft disintegrated during its re-entry into the Earth’s atmosphere in 2003. The spacecraft was launched on an Antares rocket from the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport (MARS) at NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia, United States (US) to deliver nearly 8,000 pounds (approximately 3,630 kilograms) of scientific investigations, technology demonstrations, commercial products, and other cargo to the International Space Station (ISS). It should be noted that this delivery is the Northrop Grumman’s 14th contracted cargo flight to the space station.
- Which organization has launched its new logo with focus on 2024 and 2028 Olympics recently?
1) Athletics Federation of India
2) Indian Olympic Association
3) Sports Authority of India
4) Sports Federation of India
5) National Sports Organisation
Answer-3) Sports Authority of India
Shifting focus to the upcoming Olympics in 2024 and 2028, Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju revealed a new look Sports Auhtority of India (SAI), a stark difference from the old logo. The new logo is in blue with the abbreviation SAI prominent in bold letters and a flight symbol just on top of the logo, representing the ‘udaan’ athletes will take ahead of the Olympic Games.
- Who has launched the coffee-table book titled “Babu – The Unforgettable”?
1) B. D. Mishra
2) Biswa Bhusan Harichandan
3) Manish Sisodia
4) Jagdish Mukhi
5) Phagu Chauhan
Answer-3) Manish Sisodia
On 2nd October 2020, on the occasion of the 151st Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, Manish Sisodia, the Deputy Chief minister of Delhi launched the coffee-table book titled “Babu – The Unforgettable” over a virtual event organized by the Delhi Archives & Department of Art, Culture and Language, Government of Delhi.
- Who authored the book titled “The Very, Extremely, Most Naughty Asura Tales for Kids”?
1) Anand Neelakantan
2) Soumya Rajendran
3) Roopa Pai
4) Richa Jha
5) Natasha Sharma
Answer-1) Anand Neelakantan
Anand Neelakantan, the author of Baahubali series, authored this first kid’s book titled “The Very, Extremely, Most Naughty Asura Tales for Kids”, published by Puffins Publishers Private Limited under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- When was world day for farmed animals observed annually?
1) September 30
2) September 29
3) October 3
4) October 1
5) October 2
Answer-5) October 2
World Day for Farmed Animals is annually celebrated on 2nd October to enhance the needs to treat the farm animals as sentient beings and the importance of farm animal welfare. The International Animal’s Welfare Organisation, World Animal Protection in association with Asia for Animals (AfA) coalition celebrates this day.
- Which state government has launched ‘Gram Darshan’ platform to enable the digital accessibility of data of gram panchayats?
1) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
Manohar Lal Khattar, Chief Minister of Haryana launched “Gram Darshan” a platform aimed to enable the digital accessibility of data of 6197 gram panchayats of Haryana and to ensure that every village has their own website. Deputy CM Dushyant Chautala was also present at the digital launch.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Eden Gardens stadium is located in which city?
5) New Delhi
Answer- 2) Kolkata
After 195 days, cricket and cricketers are coming back to historic Eden gardens stadium at Kolkata. Players of Bengal will start practicing today under strict covid-19 protocol as reported by Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB). In a press release, CAB said that it has put in place a medical task force and has created an exhaustive covid-19 protocol and SOP’s based on the recommendation of all relevant parties.
- Where is the headquarters of Punjab National Bank located?
3) New Delhi
Answer-3) New Delhi
The headquarters of Punjab National Bank is located in New Delhi.
- The world’s largest fountain ‘Palm foundation’ is under development in which city?
After a record of having the world’s tallest building- Burj Khalifa, Dubai is set to make another record in the Guinness book of World Records. The city has been developing the world’s largest fountain. The fountain, also known as Palm fountain, is set to be unveiled on October 22 this year.
- Rohtang Pass is located in which state?
1) Jammu & Kashmir
3) Arunachal Pradesh
4) Himachal Pradesh
Answer-4) Himachal Pradesh
The Atal Tunnel, running across the 13,050-ft high Rohtang pass, on the Manali-Leh axis is the highest motorable highway tunnel in the world. Rohtang Pass (el. 13,051 ft (3,978 m) is a high mountain pass 51 km from Manali that connects the Kullu Valley with the Lahul and Spiti valleys of Himachal Pradesh, India.
- Sanjiv Chadha is the present MD&CEO of which bank?
1) Indian Bank
2) Canara Bank
3) Bank of Baroda (BoB)
4) State Bank of India (SBI)
5) None of the Above
Answer-3) Bank of Baroda (BoB)
Sanjiv Chadha is the present Managing Director/CEO at Bank of Baroda.