AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 & 5 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In July 2021, A compendium of the working of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) was released. DAY-NRLM was launched in __________ under the __________________.
1) 2006; Ministry of Women and Child Development
2) 2011; Ministry of Rural Development
3) 2018; Ministry of MSME
4) 2018; Ministry of Women and Child Development
5) 2006; Ministry of Rural Development
Answer-2) 2011; Ministry of Rural Development
The Ministry of Rural Development released a compendium on Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) and measures taken by it to address gender issues through Self Help Groups (SHGs).
It was launched as ‘Aajeevika – NRLM’ by the GOI’s Ministry of Rural Development in 2011 to address multidimensional poverty issues. It was renamed to DAY-NRLM in 2015.
- In July 2021, the Department of Space (DoS) proposed the ‘Draft National Space Transportation Policy 2020 – Norms, Guidelines & Procedures (NGP)’.
What are the points that are correctly related to the proposals?
A) Indian Private companies will be allowed to establish & operate rocket launch sites within and outside India
B) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will act as the nodal agency for all approvals related to launches by Indian private companies
C) DRDO has developed a Green fuel using solid Nitrogen Dioxide for rocket propulsion, which will be used in ‘Gaganyaan’ mission
1) All A, B & C
2) Only C
3) Only A & B
4) Only A
5) Only B & C
Answer-4) Only A
The Department of Space (DoS) tabled the ‘Draft National Space Transportation Policy 2020 – Norms, Guidelines & Procedures (NGP)’ in public domain for comments & suggestions.
i.The draft policy allows Indian Private companies to establish and operate rocket launch sites within and outside the country, after getting prior authorisation from the government.
ii.Indian National Space Promotion & Authorization Center (IN-SPACe), is the nodal agency for all approvals related to launches by the Indian private sector.
iii.ISRO is developing green propulsion through hydrogen peroxide for India’s 1st Human Space Flight Programme ‘Gaganyaan’.
iv.ISRO has also developed ISROSENE, a rocket-grade version of kerosene
- Identify the Ministry that launched the plan called “Freight Smart Cities” to improve the efficiency of urban freight transportation:
1) Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
2) Ministry of Finance
3) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
4) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
5) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Answer-5) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry, unveiled a plan for ‘Freight Smart Cities’ to improve the efficiency of urban freight and to reduce the logistics costs. It also released a handbook outlining 14 measures that can be taken to improve urban freight with low-cost, and low effort initiatives through relevant PPP.
- India & China recently (in July’21) joined the G20-OECD Tax Framework Deal. What is the Global Minimum Corporate Tax fixed for International companies as per the framework?
The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) stated that 130 countries including G20 members, India & China have joined the G20-OECD Tax Framework Deal for Global Minimum Corporate Tax.
i.The Global Minimum Corporate Tax is set to come into force from 2023 mandates 15% Tax on globally operating companies
- For the 1st time World Congress of International Federation of Cervical Pathology and Colposcopy (IFCPC) was held in virtual mode and organised by an Asian Country in July 2021. Which country organised IFCPC 2021?
4) Sri Lanka
The 17th World Congress of International Federation of Cervical Pathology and Colposcopy 2021 (IFCPC 2021) held virtually from July 1-5, 2021. It is being organised in Asia for the 1st time and is also the 1st virtual IFCPC World Congress.
i.It was organised by Indian Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ISCCP).
ii.Theme – ‘Eliminating Cervical Cancer: Call for Action’, aligned with WHO’s call for Elimination of Cervical Cancer by 2030.
- Identify the country that recently got Certified by WHO as Malaria-free:
1) Sri Lanka
The World Health Organization (WHO) awarded China a malaria-free certification. This certification recognized China’s 70-year effort to eradicate this disease.
i.Countries that have achieved at least 3 consecutive years of zero indigenous cases can apply for WHO certification
- In July 2021, the Central government amended the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India (Staff) Regulations, 1960. What is the retirement age of the Chairman of LIC after as per the amendment?
1) 68 years
2) 70 years
3) 65 years
4) 60 years
5) 62 years
Answer-5) 62 years
The Central Government has amended Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India (Staff) Regulations, 1960 to extend the superannuation (retirement) age of Initial Public Offer (IPO)-bound LIC Chairman to 62 years from 60 years.
Establishment – 1956
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman – M R Kumar
- Which bank was fined Rs 25 lakhs by RBI (in July’21) for non-compliance to its Cyber security framework?
1) Punjab and Sind Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) United Bank of India
4) Bandhan Bank
5) Bank of Maharashtra
Answer-1) Punjab and Sind Bank
RBI imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 25 lakh on the state-owned Punjab and Sind Bank for non-compliance with certain provisions related to the directions on ‘Cyber Security Framework in Banks’.
RBI has also imposed a Rs 1 lakh penalty on the Nagar Sahkari Bank Limited, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh
- Which organisation was honoured as the World’s Most Innovative Investment Promotion Agency for 2021 by the OCO Global?
2) India Trade Promotion Organisation
3) Invest India
4) Confederation of Indian Industry
5) Quality Council of India
Answer-3) Invest India
In July 2021, Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Piyush Goyal and Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar congratulated ‘Invest India’ for winning the World’s Most Innovative Investment Promotion Agency for 2021 by the OCO Global.
About Invest India:
Established – 2009
MD & CEO – Deepak Bagla
- Who was honoured (in July’21) with “The Order of Polar Star”, Mongolia’s highest civilian award?
1) RK Sabharwal
2) V Kalyana Rama
3) Manoj Jain
4) Subhash Kumar
5) R Madhavan
Answer-1) RK Sabharwal
Chairman & Managing Director of Engineers India Ltd. (EIL), RK Sabharwal, was awarded the highest civilian award of Mongolia – “The Order of Polar Star”. He was honoured with the prestigious award for his contribution towards the construction of Mongolia’s 1st ever Oil Refinery.