AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 31 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which company made India’s 1st oil imports from Guyana?
1) IndianOil-Adani Gas Ltd
2) Aavantika Gas Limited
3) HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd
4) Bhagyanagar Gas Ltd.
5) HPCL-Shapoorji Energy Ltd.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd
In March 2020, HPCL-Mittal Energy Limited (HMEL) a joint venture between state-run Hindustan Petroleum Corp and steel tycoon L.N. Mittal, became India’s first company to buy cargo from the oil producers of Guyana. It is an oil producing country in South America.
· HMEL bought the 1 million-barrel cargo of Guyana’s Liza light sweet crude.
· India is the third-biggest oil importer in the world.
· This step is taken to overcome the overdependence on the Middle East for India’s Oil needs.
- The India Centre for Migration (ICM), a research Think tank under which ministry has entered into collaboration with the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) to study migrant management in India?
1) Ministry of External Affairs
2) Ministry of Home Affairs
3) Ministry of Human Resource Development
4) Ministry of Minority Affairs
5) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Ministry of External Affairs
The India Centre for Migration (ICM), a research Think tank of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), entered into collaboration with International Organisation for Migration (IOM) for the joint study on “Strengthening data-informed and migrant-centered migration management frameworks in India”.
· It is aimed to address the issues of international migration that gained momentum during the post COVID-19 recovery efforts.
- The Tourism Ministry recently (in Mar’21) launched the “MICE Roadshow Meet in India” at the newly inaugurated, ‘Chhatrasal Convention Centre’ in Khajuraho. What does ‘M’ stand for in MICE?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Meeting
Tourism Minister, Prahlad Singh Patel, and Shivraj Singh Chouhan, CM of Madhya Pradesh jointly inaugurated the ‘Chhatrasal Convention Centre’ at Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh. The Tourism Ministry also launched the “MICE Roadshow Meet in India” at the Chhatrasal Convention Centre at Khajuraho.
· MICE – Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions.
· It is an initiative by the Ministry of Tourism to promote India’s Iconic tourist spots into World class destinations for conducting MICE events.
- In March 2021, Union Minister, Harsh Vardhan launched the ‘Tribal TB Initiative’ to achieve TB free India by 2025, where he also announced the merging of ________ & ________ Portals.
1) SPICe+ & Swasthya
2) NDSAP & Bhoomi Rashi
3) Swasthya & NIKSHAY
4) Bhoomi Rashi & DIKSHA
5) NTIPRIT & NDSAP
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Swasthya & NIKSHAY
Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan launched the ‘Tribal TB Initiative’ as a step towards the goal of ‘TB Mukt Bharat’ by 2025.
Harsh Vardhan highlighted the linking of the NIKSHAY Portal of MoHFW & Swasthya Portal of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs to boost data compilation under the National Tuberculosis Elimination Programme (NTEP).
· The Joint plan will initially focus on 162 Tribal districts across 18 identified states, towards TB Preventive Therapy (IPT) to identify vulnerable populations.
- Which airport will be provided with security facilities by the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS), as per the recent (in Mar’21) signed Letter of Agreement (LoA) by BCAS with Yamuna International Airport Private Limited (YIAPL) in New Delhi?
1) Indira Gandhi International Airport
2) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
3) Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport
4) Noida International Greenfield Airport
5) Kempegowda International Airport
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 4) Noida International Greenfield Airport
On 24th March, 2021, A Letter of Agreement (LoA) was signed between the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) & Yamuna International Airport Private Limited (YIAPL) in New Delhi. Under this LoA Bureau of Civil Aviation Security will take up security responsibilities of Jewar Airport, Uttar Pradesh.
· Jewar Airport, officially known as “Noida International Greenfield Airport”.
- Where did Indian Army conduct the ordnance disposal mission, “Operation Thiruvallur”?
2) Tamil Nadu
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Tamil Nadu
Indian Army’s Southern Command Troops, Pune launched “Operation Thiruvallur” in Tamil Nadu(TN) to safely dispose of around 10 tonnes of unexploded ordnance collected by factories.
· The ordnance was collected from the State Industries Promotion Corporation of Tamil Nadu (SIPCOT) Industrial Estate in Gummidipoondi, Thiruvallur district, TN.
- As per the ‘Global Wind Report 2021’, India may miss its Renewable Energy Capacity Targets. What were the targets set by India in Renewable Energy generation?
1) 200 GW by 2025
2) 500 GW by 2024
3) 175 GW by 2022
4) 450 GW by 2024
5) 250 GW by 2022
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) 175 GW by 2022
According to ‘Global Wind Report 2021’ released by Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC), India may miss its 2022 Renewable Energy Capacity Targets (175 GW RE by 2022 – 100 GW Solar, 60 GW Wind, 10 GW Bio-Energy, 5 GW Small Hydro) due to several constraints.
· At the Global level, 2020 was the best year in history for the Global wind industry. Around 93 GW of new capacity were installed (53% increase).
- Who was appointed (in Mar’21) as the MD & CEO of Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd?
1) Guenter Butschek
2) C. P. Gurnani
3) Pawan Goenka
4) Salil Parekh
5) Anish Shah
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Anish Shah
On 25th March 2021, Anish Shah was appointed as the Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd(M&M) with effect from 2nd April 2021.
· Anish Shah is the serving deputy MD & CFO of the company.
- Which type of data is processed through the “Garuda Blockchain Platform” that was developed by ITI Ltd. & Thalamus Irwine?
2) Parliamentary Proceedings
4) Supreme Court Judgement
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Healthcare
Indian Telephone Industries Limited(ITI), the Indian telecom products manufacturing arm and Thalamus Irwine, Delhi based AI (Artificial Intelligence) Firm, have developed a first of its kind technology called Garuda Blockchain Platform for storing medical data on the blockchain.
· The healthcare platform Garuda will accelerate the roll-out of the “One Nation, One Health Card” initiative under the National Digital Health Mission(NDHM).
- Where was the Shaheed Ashfaq Ulla Khan Zoological Park inaugurated, in March 2021?
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) New Delhi
4) Uttar Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Uttar Pradesh
On March 27, 2021, CM Yogi Adityanath inaugurated Shaheed Ashfaq Ulla Khan Zoological Park at Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh, which is named after freedom fighter Shaheed Ashfaq Ullah Khan to create possibilities for tourism in the region.