AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 31 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the Bank which is partner bank of PM-CARES, emergency fund that was announced by PM Modi to fight against Coronavirus.
1) State Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Canara Bank
4) United Bank of India
5) Indian BankAnswer-1) State Bank of India
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has created of assistance and emergency situation relief fund namely Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund (PM-CARES)where people can contribute and help in the government’s fight against coronavirus.This newly created public charitable trust has PM Narendra Modi as the chairmananddefence minister (Rajnath Singh), home minister (Amit Shah) and the finance minister (Nirmala Sitaraman) as its members.People can visit pmindia.gov.in to make contributions using credit and debit cards, UPI, net banking and RTGS or NEFT. State Bank of India (SBI) is the banking partner of PM-CARES.
- What is the number of groups that was set by government of India under Disaster Management Act, 2005 to tackle COVID-19 Crisis?
5) 15Answer-3) 11
The government has set up 11 different empowered groups under Disaster Management Act, 2005 to suggest measures to improve health, restore the economy, & ease the suffering of people after a 21-day lockdown which is imposed for the control of the COVID-19 outbreak. Each group consists of about 6 members including a senior representative from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) and the Cabinet Secretariat to ensure seamless coordination.
- The amendment made by Union Labour and Employment ministry to EPF (amendment) scheme 2020 comes into force by March 28,2020. Who is the present Labour and Employment Minister?
1) D.V. Sadananda Gowda
2) Smriti Zubin Irani
3) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
4) Santosh Kumar Gangwar
5) Pralhad JoshiAnswer-4) Santosh Kumar Gangwar
The amendment made by the Ministry of Labour and Employment in Employees Provident Fund (Amendment) scheme, 2020, has come into force from March 28, 2020. The amendment was made in Employees’ Provident Funds (EPF)Scheme 1952, sub-para(3) under para 68L has been added in the EPF scheme, 1952.
- Name the Indian Minister who launched COVID-19 National Teleconsultation Centre (CoNTeC) in New Delhi to connect doctors across the country to AIIMS.
1) Pralhad Joshi
2) Harsh Vardhan
3) Smriti Irani
4) Ravi Shankar Prasad
5) Ramesh PokriyalAnswer-2) Harsh Vardhan
Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan has launched COVID-19 National Teleconsultation Centre (CoNTeC), a Telemedicine Hub in New Delhi to connect the Doctors across the country to AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) in real time for treatment of the COVID-19 patients. This Centre conceptualised by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has been implemented by the AIIMS, New Delhi with 24X7 facilities.
- Saudi Arabia has assured to provide the uninterrupted LPG to India. What is the Capital of Saudi Arabia?
5) TehranAnswer-2) Riyadh
Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan has announced that Saudi Arabia assured India to get uninterrupted Liquefied petroleum Gas(LPG) supply during the discussion on global oil market developments with Saudi Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman and Aramco’s Chief Executive Amin Nasser via video conference. The Capital and Currency of Saudi are Riyadh and Riyal respectively.
- The Central Government has approved the medical insurance scheme for Healthcare workers announced under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package. What is the amount of insurance provided per health worker under the scheme?
1) 5 Lakh
2) 25 Lakh
3) 10 Lakh
4) 20 Lakh
5) 50 LakhAnswer-5) 50 Lakh
The centre has approved a Rs 50 lakh medical insurance scheme for healthcare workers who are dealing with coronavirus pandemic. The approval made is a part of measures under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package of Rs 1.7 lakhs announced by finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman.It provides insurance cover of 50 Lakh for 90 days to around 22.12 lakh public healthcare providers, Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA) workers & community health workers who will have to be in direct contact with the affected patients & who may be at risk of being impacted & lose their lives.
- What is the amount that was committed to invest in infrastructure sector through National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) by ADB in India?
1) $ 250 million
2) $ 200 million
3) $ 50 million
4) $ 100 million
5) $ 150 millionAnswer-4) $ 100 million
Multilateral Institution Asian Development Bank (ADB)will invest $100 million into the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) of India Fund of Funds (FoF).With this, the FoF has now received a total of $700 million in commitments.
- The merger of 10 PSBs into 4 PSBs come into force from April 1, 2020. As per the scheme syndicate bank will be merger with which bank?
1) Andhra Bank
2) Bank of Baroda
3) Canara Bank
4) Punjab National Bank
5) Allahabad BankAnswer-3) Canara Bank
The mega bank consolidation plan is all set to come into force from April 1, 2020. The branches of merging banks will operate as of the banks in which these have been amalgamated. Also, the customers of merging banks will be treated as customers of the banks in which these banks have been merged with effect from April 1, 2020.As per the scheme, Oriental Bank of Commerce and United Bank of India will be merged into Punjab National Bank; Syndicate Bank into Canara Bank; Allahabad Bank into Indian Bank; and Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank into Union Bank of India.
- The Punjab National Bank has changed its logo ahead of merger on April 1, 2020. Which among the following bank will be merged with PNB?
1) United Bank of India
2) Oriental Bank of Commerce
3) Allahabad Bank
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
The Punjab National Bank (PNB) has launched a new logo before the mega merger of the bank with the United Bank of India (UBI) and the Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) comes into force from 1 April, 2020. The new logo will have signages of all the 3 banks. With the merger, PNB will be the 2nd largest bank in the country with a total business and size of Rs 17.94 lakh crore only behind State Bank of India (SBI) (largest bank if India) whose total business is about 52 lakh crore rupees.
- Which among the following can provide risk free simple financial services without seeking RBI nod (in March 2020)?
1) Cooperative Bank
2) Small Finance Bank
3) Payments Bank
4) Regional Rural Bank
5) Non Banking Financial CompanyAnswer-2) Small Finance Bank
The Reserve Bank has allowed Small Finance Banks (SFBs) to carry out simple financial activities without seeking a prior approval from it. This will be applicable to those SFBs who have completed three years of operations.
- Fitch ratings inc. has lowered India’s GDP growth for the FY21 from 5.4% to _______.
5) 2.6^Answer-1) 4.6%
American credit rating agency, Fitch Ratings Inc, has lowered India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth forecast to 4.6% for the fiscal year FY21 from the previous estimate of 5.4%. It has lowered India’s GDP growth forecast to 4.9% for the FY20 (ending in March 31, 2020)
- What is India’s GDP growth for the Financial year 2020-21 as per estimate of India Ratings & Research (Ind-Ra)?
5) 3.6%Answer-5) 3.6%
India Ratings & Research (Ind-Ra), the Indian subsidiary of Fitch group, has lowered India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth estimates for the financial year 2020-21 (FY21) to 3.6 % from 5.5% due to concerns over the coronavirus (COVID- 19).
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has declared recession in world due to COVID-19 impact. Where is the Headquarters of IMF located?
2) New York
4) Washington DC
5) LondonAnswer-4) Washington DC
International Monetary Fund Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva has declared a global recession driven by the COVID-19 pandemic that could be worse than the 2008-09 global financial crisis. The estimated overall financial needs of emerging markets is 2.5 trillion dollars as 81 emergency financing requests, including 50 from lower-income countries, have been received by IMF. Kyrgyzstan would receive the first IMF support package of $120.9 million to deal with adverse effects of the virus.
- Ajoy Mehta got 3-month extension of service as Chief Secretary of Which Indian state?
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) West Bengal
5) RajasthanAnswer-2) Maharashtra
The centre has accepted the request from Maharashtra government for a further 3-month extension to Ajoy Mehta as state Chief Secretary who will remain in the post till June 30 due to state health emergency (coronavirus).
- Who among the following has won the Hindu Prize 2019?
1) Santanu Das
2) Navtej Sarna
3) Mirza Waheed
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)Answer-5) Both 1) and 3)
The winners of The Hindu Prize 2019 Fiction and Non-Fiction are Mirza Waheed (Tell Her Everything – Fiction) and Santanu Das (India, Empire, and First World War Culture: Writings, Images and Songs – Non-Fiction) respectively.Prize was founded in 2010 to honor writers who have spent the rest of their lives mining the human spirit with their words & ideas.
- Name the Movie which has won the Best movie in Hindi category at Critics’ Choice Film (annual) Awards 2020.
1) Uri: The surgical strike
3) Kabir Singh
4) Gully Boy
5) Article 15Answer-4) Gully Boy
The winners of Critics’ Choice Film Awards 2020 have been announced (digitally). The awards honoured Best Film, Best Actor (Male), Best Actor (Female), Best Director and Best Writing across eight languages including Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Bengali, Marathi, Malayalam, Gujarati and Kannada.
Languages Categories, Awardees & Films Best Actor (Male) Best Actor (Female) Best Director Best Film Hindi Ranveer Singh (Gully Boy) Geetika Vidya Ohlyan (Soni) Zoya Akhtar (Gully Boy) Gully Boy Telugu Nani (Jersey) Samantha Akkineni (Oh! Baby) GowtamTinnanuri (Jersey) Mallesham Tamil Vijay Sethupathi (Super Deluxe) Amala Paul (Aadai) Thiagarajan Kumararaja (Super Deluxe) Super Deluxe Bengali Kaushik Ganguly (Kedara) Swastika Mukherjee (Kia and Cosmos) Atanu Ghosh (Robibaar) Kedara Gujarati Jayesh More (Hellaro) Deeksha Joshi (Dhunki) Abhishek Shah (Hellaro) Hellaro Kannada Rishi (Kavaludaa) B.Jayashree (MookajjiyaKanasugal) Jayathirtha (Bell Bottom) Bell Bottom Malayalam Mammootty (Unda) Parvathy (Uyare) Aashiq Abu (Virus) Kumbalangi Nights Marathi Sandeep Kulkarni (Dombivali Return) Mrinal Kulkarni (Welcome Home) NipunDharmadhikari (Dhappa) Dhappa
- Name the Indian Institution which has developed the “Corontine” and “Safe” mobile app to track violations by people supposed to be in quarantine.
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Bombay
3) IIT Delhi
4) IIT Calcutta
5) IIT GandhinagarAnswer-2) IIT Bombay
IIT (Indian Institute of Technology)-Bombay (Department of CSE) developed 2 mobile applications called “Corontine” and “Safe”, that can track violations by people supposed to be in quarantine. The proposals of both apps have been sent to officials in the Ministry of Human Resource and Department, Niti Aayog, the Maharashtra government and the BMC (Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation).
- Name the app which was developed by Rajasthan police to give permission for movement to people during the lockdown.
1) RajCop people
2) RajCop curfew
3) RajCop citizens
4) RajCop voters
5) RajCoprajastanisAnswer-3) RajCop citizens
Rajasthan police launched a mobile app called “RajCop citizens app” to enable individuals and company employees in the state take permission for venturing out in necessary conditions which was developed by Data Ingenious GLobal Limited.
- Which among the following body has launched a series titled ‘Corona Studies Series’ to document and to provide relevant reading materials for all age-groups for the post-corona.
1) National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
2) National Book Trust (NBT)
3) Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
4) National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
5) Educational Consultants (India) Limited (EdCIL)Answer-2) National Book Trust (NBT)
National Book Trust (NBT), India, the national body for book publishing and book promotion under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, is launching a publishing series titled ‘Corona Studies Series’ to document and to provide relevant reading materials for all age-groups for the post-corona readership needs.MHRD also set-up a Study Group comprising some experienced & young psychologists/ counsellors to prepare books on the sub-series ‘Psycho-Social Impact of Corona Pandemic and the Ways to Cope’.
- Name the person who authored the book titled “The Death of Jesus”.
1) Peter Handke
2) Patrick Modiano
3) Doris Lessing
4) Elfriede Jelinek
5) John Maxwell CoetzeeAnswer-5) John Maxwell Coetzee
South African born Nobel Laureate (2003 – Literature) John Maxwell Coetzee, who authored the book “The Death of Jesus”, completed his Jesus trilogy (a group of 3 related novels) with the final book. The book explores the meaning of a world empty of memory but brimming with questions.The book comprises 3 novels: The Childhood of Jesus, The Schooldays of Jesus and the Death of Jesus Published by Penguin Random House.
- Chandan Singh Rathore who passed recently is a former ___________.
1) Army Chief
2) Director of SSB
3) Lieutenant General (Army)
4) Vice Admiral (Navy)
5) Air Vice Marshal (Air force)Answer-5) Air Vice Marshal (Air force)
Air Vice Marshal(AVM) retired, MahaVir Chakra(MVR) recipient (1971) & Group Captain Chandan Singh Rathore passed away at 95 at his Jodhpur residence, Rajasthan.Awards received are- AtiVishishtSeva Medal (1961), Vir Chakra (1962).
- Thomas Schaefer who in news recently (March 2020) is the Finance Minister of Hesse. Hesse is part of which Country?
1) United Kingdom
5) AustraliaAnswer-4) Germany
Thomas Schaefer, Finance Minister of Hesse (Germany), 54 years old, has committed suicide apparently after becoming “deeply worried” over how to cope with the economic fallout from the Coronavirus. He was born on February 22, 1966, in Hemer, North Rhine- Westphalia, West Germany.
- ParavaiMuniyamma who died in March 2020 is __________.
2) Folk Singer
3) Stunt women
4) Social Activist
5) EnvironmentalistAnswer-2) Folk Singer
Tamil Folk singer and actress ParavaiMuniyamma passed away at the age of 83 Madurai, Tamil Nadu (TN). She was born on June 26, 1937 in Paravai, Madurai, Tamil Nadu (TN). She was honoured with the Kalaimamani title by the Tamil Nadu government.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the current deadline for completion of insolvency resolution processes as per IBBI’s (Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India) amendment? Answer-330 days
IBBI has relaxed the timelines to be followed under the overall 330-day deadline for completion of insolvency resolution processes.
- Who is the Present Central Provident Fund Commissioner of India (as on March 2020)? Answer-Sunil Barthwal
- Where is the Headquarters of ADB located? Answer-Mandaluyong, Philippines
- What is the first Small Finance Bank that begins operation in India? Answer-Capital Small Finance Bank
- Who is the Present MD&CEO of Punjab National Bank (as on March 2020)? Answer-S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
- Where is the Capital of National Book Trust (NBT) located? Answer-New Delhi
- Keoladeo National Park is located at which Indian state? Answer-Rajasthan
- What is the current deadline for completion of insolvency resolution processes as per IBBI’s (Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India) amendment?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]