AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 31 August 2022 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- In which city the 10th National Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise (SAREX) 2022 was conducted by the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) in August 2022?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) Junagadh, Gujarat
3) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
4) Chandipur, Odisha
5) Chennai, Tamil NaduAnswer-5) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
The 10th National Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise (SAREX) 2022 was conducted by Indian Coast Guard (ICG), for 2 days and inaugurated by Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
i. 52 participants have joined the exercise from the ICG, the Navy, and the State police, and 24 foreign observers from 16 countries (Australia, Maldives, Thailand, Indonesia, and China).
ii. It is the biennial exercise conducted with the theme “Capacity Building Towards Marine Passenger Safety” and denotes the resolve and commitment of the National Maritime Search and Rescue Board (NMSARB).
- Which airline recently (in Aug ‘22) joined the World Economic Forum’s (WEFs) Clear Skies for Tomorrow (CST) campaign to achieve a significant scale of Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF)?
3) AirAsia India
4) Go First
5) VistaraAnswer-2) IndiGo
IndiGo, the Country’s largest carrier, joins the World Economic Forum’s (WEFs) sustainable initiative to achieve a significant scale of Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF).
i. The airline became a signatory to the Clear Skies for Tomorrow (CST), India Coalition campaign.
ii. Under the IndiGo Green initiative with a 10% blend of SAF, IndiGo operated its brand new A320 NEO plane from Toulouse, France to New Delhi on 18 February 2022.
- Name the new Fixed Deposit (FD) scheme that was recently (in Aug ‘22) launched by the Bank of Maharashtra.
1) Maha Supreme
2) Maha Dhanvarsha
3) Maha Yuva
4) Maha Saraswati
5) Maha SanchayAnswer-2) Maha Dhanvarsha
The Bank of Maharashtra (BOM) initiated a new Fixed Deposit (FD) scheme namely ‘Maha Dhanvarsha’ which is a special deposit with highest interest rate of 5.50% for regular people and 6% for senior citizens.
i. This interest rate is only valid for a 400-day term.
ii. With effect from August 22, 2022, BOM revised the interest rates on FDs under Rs 2 crore. The bank offers FDs terms ranging from 7 days to 10 years with interest rates ranging from 2.75 per cent to 5.40% (currently 5.50%).
- As per the Bloomberg Billionaires Index’s daily ranking of the world’s richest people (on 30th Aug ‘22) report, Gautam Adani became the world’s third-richest person by overtaking _________.
1) Bernard Arnault
2) Jeff Bezos
3) Larry Page
4) Bill Gates
5) Warren BuffettAnswer-1) Bernard Arnault
According to Bloomberg Billionaires Index, a daily ranking of the world’s richest people, as on 30th August 2022, Adani Group’s chairman Gautam Adani has now become the world’s third-richest person with a total net worth of USD 137 billion, after overtaking Louis Vuitton chairman Bernard Arnault (France).
i. SpaceX and Tesla Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Elon Musk topped the list with a net worth of USD 251 billion followed by Amazon’s Jeff Bezos with a net worth of USD 153 billion respectively.
ii. Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) Mukesh Ambani is at the 11th position with a total of USD 91.9 billion worth.
- Name the personality who was recently (in Aug ‘22) awarded with the Félix Houphout-Boigny, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Peace Prize.
1) Kim Campbell (Canada)
2) Khaleda Zia (Bangladesh)
3) Edith Cresson (France)
4) Angela Merkel (Germany)
5) Mary Robinson (Ireland)Answer-4) Angela Merkel
Former German Chancellor Angela Merkel was awarded Félix Houphout-Boigny, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Peace Prize for her courageous decision in 2015 to welcome more than 1,2 million refugees from Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and Eritrea.
i. She held the office of German Chancellor for a period of 16 years and resigned in 2021 and in November 2005, Angela Merkel became Germany’s 1st female chancellor.
Note- Nelson Mandela and Frederik W. De Klerk were the 1st recipients of UNESCO Félix Houphouët-Boigny Peace Prize in 1992.
- Who was recently (in Aug ‘22) elected as Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) treasurer at its 65th CPA conference held at Halifax in Canada?
1) Deepak Baij
2) Azam Khan
3) Shatrughan Sinha
4) Anurag Sharma
5) Dinesh Lal YadavAnswer-– 4) Anurag Sharma
Anurag Sharma, Minister of Parliament (MP) (Lok Sabha) from the Jhansi-Lalitpur parliamentary constituency, has been elected as Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) treasurer at its 65th CPA conference held at Halifax in Canada.
i. Sharma is the 2nd Indian office-bearer in the CPA, the World’s largest and Oldest International Parliamentary Association.
- Which of the following points are ‘correct’ with respect to the 27th edition of the Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Championships in Tokyo, Japan in August 2022?
A) India ranked 9th along with Germany by winning 1 medal (both) while China tops the list with 5 medals.
B) Viktor Axelsen (Denmark) won his second badminton world title and Akane Yamaguchi (Japan) retained her badminton women’s world title.
C) India’s Satwiksairaj Rankireddy & Chirag Shetty became the first Indian pair to win a bronze medal in Men’s doubles at the world badminton championships.
1) Only B
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only C & A
5) All A, B & CAnswer-5) All A, B & C
The 27th edition of Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Championships officially known as the Total Energies BWF World Championships 2022 was held from August 22-28, 2022 at Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium in Tokyo, Japan.
i. India ranked 9th along with Germany by winning 1 bronze medal while China topped the list with 5 medals including 2 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze followed by Japan with 3 medals including 1 gold.
ii. Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen won his second badminton world title by defeating Thailand’s Kunlavut Vitidsarn and Japan’s Akane Yamaguchi retained her badminton women’s world title by defeating China’s Chen.
iii. India’s Satwiksairaj Rankireddy & Chirag Shetty became the first Indian pair to win a bronze medal in Men’s doubles at the world badminton championships.
- Name the company/Bank that recently (in Aug ‘22) partnered with the Athletics Federation of India (AFI) to support young women athletes in India.
1) Bajaj Finance Limited
2) HSBC India
3) Standard Chartered India
4) IDFC First Bank
5) DBS Bank IndiaAnswer-2) HSBC India
The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) parternes with HSBC India to support women athletes in India, especially the youngsters.
i. Under the partnership, promising girls will be picked from the National Inter District Championships for Under-14 and Under-16 categories and will provide necessary training to perform on the global stage and Special coaching camps will be established for the selected athletes.
- Who authored the book, “Indian Banking in Retrospect – 75 years of Independence”?
1) Raja Chelliah
2) Sitikantha Pattanaik
3) Rajiv Ranjan
4) Ashutosh Raravikar
5) Ishu ThakurAnswer-4) Ashutosh Raravikar
Dr Ashutosh Raravikar, Director in Department of Economic & Policy Research (DEPR), Reserve Bank of India (RBI) authored a new book titled “Indian Banking in Retrospect – 75 years of Independence”. The book is published by Aswad Prakashan Private Limited.
i. Bibek Debroy, Chairman of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister of India, has written the foreword of the book.
- When was International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances 2022 observed across the globe by the United Nations (UN)?
1) 28th August 2022
2) 26th August 2022
3) 29th August 2022
4) 27th August 2022
5) 30th August 2022Answer-5) 30th August 2022
The United Nations (UN)’s International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances 2022 was observed on 30th August 2022 across the world to commemorate and pay respect to those who have undergone enforced disappearances.
i. The first – ever International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances was observed on 30th August 2011.