AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 30 August 2022 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) was completed _______ on 28th August 2022.
1) 10 years
2) 8 years
3) 6 years
4) 9 years
5) 7 yearsAnswer-2) 8 years
On August 28, 2022, the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), the National Mission for Financial Inclusion completed 8 years ago which was launched on August 28, 2014 by Prime Minister (PM) of India, Narendra Modi.
i. As on August 10, 2022, the total numbers of PMJDY accounts were increased to 46.25 crore from 14.72 crore in March 2015 with deposit balance of Rs 1.74 lakh crore.
ii. Out of this 55.59% (25.71 crore account holders are women and 66.79% (30.89 crore) Jan Dhan accounts are in rural and semi-urban areas.
- Name the operation that was recently (in Aug ‘22) launched by the Indian Railway and Railway Protection Force (RPF) to improve the security of passengers.
1) Operation Vijay
2) Operation Sarp Vinash
3) Operation Mahila Suraksha
4) Operation Yatri Suraksha
5) Operation Meri SaheliAnswer-4) Operation Yatri Suraksha
Indian Railway along with the Railway Protection Force (RPF) launched a pan-India operation known as ‘’Operation Yatri Suraksha’’ to improve the security of passengers.
i. To initiate Operation Yatri Suraksha’, the RPF launched a month-long pan-India drive against criminals who loot passengers in July 2022 and during the drive, the RPF caught 365 suspects who were handed over to the concerned GRPs for legal action.
ii. Under the initiative, several steps are being taken to provide foolproof security to passengers including train escorting, visible presence on stations, surveillance through CCTV, surveillance on active criminals and others.
- The World’s largest religious monument ‘The Temple of Vedic Planetarium’ is expected to be open in 2024.
In which state, ‘The Temple of Vedic Planetarium’ is located?
2) West Bengal
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer-2) West Bengal
The World’s largest religious monument ‘The Temple of Vedic Planetarium’ in Mayapur in Nadia, West Bengal, the project worth USD 100 million (Rs 7 billion) is expected to be open in 2024, due to pandemic’s 2 years of delay.
i. This monument, which will have the world’s largest dome, will serve as the headquarters of the International Society of Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON). The monument is the vision of Srila Prabhupada, founder of ISKCON.
ii. It will be bigger than India’s Taj Mahal and St. Paul’s Cathedral in the Vatican.
- Which of the following points is ‘Incorrect’ with respect to the latest report (as of Aug ‘22) by Benori Knowledge on the Life Insurance sector?
A) The life insurance penetration rate in India has increased to 3.2% in December 2021 from 2.8% in December 2019.
B) India surpassed China and Japan to become the 5th largest life insurance market globally with an average of 3.3%.
C) The life insurance sector grew at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11% from 2017 to 2022.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer- 2) Only B
According to the latest report tracking the performance of the industry by Benori Knowledge, a new-age provider of specialized research and analytics solutions, the life insurance penetration rate in India has increased to 3.2% in December 2021 from 2.8% in December 2019.
i. India surpassed China and the United Kingdom to become the 10th largest life insurance market globally with an average of 3.3%.
ii. From 2017 to 2022, the life insurance sector grew at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 11%, and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9% during the next five years (2022-2027).
- Name the Mutual Fund company that recently (in Aug ‘22) launched a new investor education and awareness website called ‘MoneyAndMe’.
1) ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
2) HDFC Mutual Fund
3) Axis Mutual Fund
4) Edelweiss Mutual Fund
5) PGIM India Mutual FundAnswer- 5) PGIM India Mutual Fund
PGIM India Mutual Fund launched a new investor education and awareness website, ‘MoneyAndMe’ (https://moneyandme.pgimindiamf.com/).
i. The company also announced the launch of a consumer awareness campaign ‘Aapka HappinessPlanned’ to promote the MoneyAndMe Initiative.
ii. In order to promote the MoneyAndMe initiative, PGIM India Mutual Fund has introduced its marketing campaign ‘Aapka Happiness Planned’ with a film.
- Which bank recently (in Aug ‘22) partnered with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch RuPay Credit Cards?
1) IndusInd Bank
2) YES Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) Axis BankAnswer- 4) ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank has partnered with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch a range of credit cards on the native payments network Rupay. The ICICI Bank RuPay Credit Card has been made available in the Coral variant of the ICICI Bank’s Gemstone series. This will be followed by the Rubyx and Sapphiro variants.
i. In partnership with NPCI, ICICI Bank launched ICICI Bank Credit Cards on RuPay network, an Indian card payments network equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- In which country, the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) decided to open its first international marketing (oversea) and sales office?
1) Colombo, Sri Lanka
2) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3) Jakarta, Indonesia
4) Manila, Philippines
5) Geneva, SwitzerlandAnswer-2) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) signed an MoU in the presence of Dr Ajay Kumar, Secretary of Defence for opening its first international marketing and sales office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
i. The office in Malaysia will help HAL in tapping the new business opportunities for Fighter Lead-in Trainer (FLIT) Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas & other requirements of the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) like the upgradation and servicing of the Russian Su-30s & British Hawk trainer aircraft.
- In August 2022, Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan was appointed as a whole-time member of which of the following organisations?
1) Small Industries Development Bank of India
2) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
3) Reserve Bank of India
4) Securities and Exchange Board of India
5) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of IndiaAnswer-4) Securities and Exchange Board of India
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) has appointed Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan, an associate professor at SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), as a whole-time member of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
i. He will hold office for 3 years from the date he assumes charge of the post or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
ii. With this appointment, Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan becomes the 4th whole-time member of SEBI, which was vacant until November 2021.
The 3 other whole-time members of SEBI are S. K. Mohanty, Ananta Barua and Ashwani Bhatia.
- Who was recently (in Aug ‘22) appointed as the Executive Director for India at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) w.e.f November 1, 2022?
1) Sudhanshu Sekhar Das
2) V. Anantha Nageswaran
3) Krishnamurthy Venkata Subramanian
4) S. Ramakrishnan
5) Kusum SharmaAnswer-3) Krishnamurthy Venkata Subramanian
The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved Dr Krishnamurthy Venkata Subramanian (K V Subramanian), former Chief Economic Adviser as the Executive Director (ED) (India) at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) with the effect from November 1, 2022.
i. Subramanian was appointed to the post for 3 years tenure. He is currently a Professor of Finance at the Indian School of Business (ISB).
ii. The current ED of India who has been curtailed to October 31 is, Surjit S Bhalla.
- When was the National Sports Day/ Rashtriya Khel Divas 2022 celebrated across India to commemorate the birth anniversary of hockey legend Major Dhyan Chand?
1) 28th August 2022
2) 26th August 2022
3) 29th August 2022
4) 27th August 2022
5) 30th August 2022Answer- 3) 29th August 2022
The National Sports Day (Rashtriya Khel Divas) 2022 was celebrated on 29th August 2022 across India to commemorate the birth anniversary of hockey legend Major Dhyan Chand.
i. The 1st National Sports Day in India was observed on 29th August 2012.
ii. On the occasion of National Sports Day on 29th August 2022, the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (MYAS) and Fit India Mission aim to take the FIT India movement to Schools/Colleges/Ministries/Govt & Pvt Organizations by encouraging them to participate in a grand manner.
The MYAS is conducting the ‘Meet The Champion’ initiative in 26 schools across India on 29th August.
iii. In August 2021, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi announced that the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award will be renamed as the Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award.
- The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) was completed _______ on 28th August 2022.