AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 30 October 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Who has launched the ‘National Program and Project Management Policy Framework (NPMPF)’ to transform the infrastructure sector in India in association with Quality Council of India (QCI)?
1) NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog
2) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
3) Confederation of Indian Industries (CII)
4) Ministry of External Affairs
5) Ministry of Home Affairs
Answer-1) NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog
NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog and Quality Council of India (QCI) launched the ‘National Program and Project Management Policy Framework (NPMPF)’ to transform the infrastructure sector in India. It was launched by Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Nitin Jairam Gadkari along with Union Minister Piyush Goyal, NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant, and QCI Chairman Adil Zainulbhai. Nitin Gadkari also unveiled the Indian Infrastructure Body of Knowledge (InBoK), a book on the practice of program and project management in India. NITI Aayog, Ministry of Power, Rockefeller Foundation, and Smart Power India launched the “Electricity Access in India- Benchmarking Distribution Utilities” Report aiming at capturing insights from both the demand (electricity customers) as well as supply side (electricity distribution utilities).
- The Labour and Employment Ministry has revised the base year of the Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) from 2001 to __________.
The Labour and Employment Ministry has revised the base year of the Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) from 2001 to 2016 to reflect the changing consumption pattern. CPI-IW index is used to measure inflation in retail prices, for regulation of Dearness Allowance (DA) of government employees and industrial workers, and for fixing and revising minimum wages in scheduled employments.
- Vice President of India virtually launched a coffee table book and Rating systems on Healthcare, Logistics and Net Zero Water. Who is the current Vice president of India?
1) Pratibha Patil
2) Hamid Ansari
3) M. Venkaiah Naidu
4) Om Birla
5) Ram Nath Kovind
Answer-3) M. Venkaiah Naidu
M. Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India on the occasion of inaugurating the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)’s Green Building Congress 2020 through virtual mode, launched a coffee table book and Rating systems on Healthcare, Logistics and Net Zero Water. He mentioned that buildings and construction account for 39% of the world’s energy related CO2 (Carbon dioxide) emissions. 2020 marks the 125th anniversary of CII.
- Who represented India at 10th round of Ministerial the United Kingdom (UK)-India Economic and Financial Dialogue (EFD) which was held virtually On October 28, 2020?
1) Venkaiah Naidu
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
4) Narendra Modi
5) RamNath Govind
Answer-2) Nirmala Sitharaman
The 10th Round of Ministerial the United Kingdom (UK)-India Economic and Financial Dialogue (EFD) was held virtually where India was represented by Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) and Ministry of Finance and UK delegation was led by Chancellor of Exchequer, Rishi Sunak. Indian Delegation included representatives from Ministry of Finance, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) while UK representatives were from Her Majesty’s Treasury, Bank of England and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
India and UK ink pacts on financial services, infra, sustainable finance.
UK and India announced a joint investment of £8 million for tackle COVID 19.
- Which is the 1st bank in India to become a Financial Information Provider (FIP) under the new Account Aggregator (AA) Framework of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
1) RBL Bank
2) Indian Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) Yes Bank
5) IndusInd bank
Answer-5) IndusInd bank
IndusInd Bank announced that it has gone live as a Financial Information Provider (FIP) under the new Account Aggregator (AA) Framework of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). IndusInd Bank becomes the 1st bank in India to do so. The bank went live as FIP with DigiSahamati Foundation, a self-organised Collective of the Account Aggregator ecosystem.
- RBI has given approval to Maple II B.V. to acquire over 5% but up to 9.99% of the paid-up share capital of which Bank?
1) HDFC Bank
2) RBL Bank
3) Yes Bank
4) IndusInd Bank
5) IDFC Bank
Answer-2) RBL Bank
RBI (Reserve Bank of India) has given approval to Maple II B.V., (affiliated to Baring Private Equity Asia) to acquire over 5% but up to 9.99% of the paid-up share capital of the RBL Bank Limited (formerly known as Ratnakar Bank).
- Name the General Insurance Company which has partnered with FreePaycard Retail to launch Group Safeguard Insurance.
1) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
2) ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
3) Bharti Axa General Insurance Company
4) HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
5) Reliance General Insurance Company
Answer-2) ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd. in partnership with FreePaycard Retail Pvt.Ltd, an online pre-paid card trading platform launched Group Safeguard Insurance for the members of FreePaycard. The customized hospitalization product comes in 3 variants namely, Hospital Daily Cash Benefit, Death Benefit, and Special Vector-borne Disease-related Hospitalization Benefit.
- Which Bank has launched the Tracking & Monitoring Staff Accountability Cases (TMSAC) portal and a Vigilance Manual as a part of Vigilance Awareness Week – 27th October 2020 to 2nd November 2020?
1) Bank of Baroda
2) State Bank of India
3) Canara Bank
4) Punjab National Bank
5) Indian Bank
Answer-4) Punjab National Bank
Punjab National Bank (PNB), India’s 2nd largest public sector bank launched the PNB Tracking & Monitoring Staff Accountability Cases (TMSAC) portal and PNB’s 2020 Vigilance Manual, as a part of the Vigilance Awareness Week(VAW) – 27th October 2020 to 2nd November 2020. The TMSAC portal tracks and monitors the complaints/Non-Performing Asset (NPA) reference at various stages on a real-time basis. PNB’s 2020 Vigilance Manual will provide a better understanding of vigilance functions and guidelines.
- India has extended what amount of Line of Credit for development projects in Central Asian Countries?
1) USD 1 Billion
2) USD 1.5 Billion
3) USD 500 Million
4) USD 400 Million
5) USD 100 Million
Answer-1) USD 1 Billion
India has extended USD 1 Billion (~ INR 7, 350 Crores) Line of Credit for Development Projects in Central Asian Countries. The announcement was made by India during the Second Meeting of the India-Central Asia Dialogue held virtually on 28th October, 2020.
The virtual Meeting was chaired by External Affairs Minister, S Jaishankar. India has provided the Line of Credit for priority Developmental Projects in fields such as connectivity, energy, Information Technology (IT), Healthcare, education, Agriculture etc. India has offered to provide grant assistance for implementation of High Impact Community Development Projects (HICDP) for furthering socio-economic development in countries of the Central Asian Region.
- How much worth foreign currency loan agreement was signed by NTPC Limited with Japan Bank for International Co-operation (JBIC) under its GREEN initiative (SBI also signed loan worth $1 billion with JBIC)?
1) JPY 50 billion
2) JPY 30 billion
3) JPY 10 billion
4) JPY 20 billion
5) JPY 25 billion
Answer-1) JPY 50 billion
NTPC (formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited) Limited signed foreign currency loan agreement with Japanese Government’s financial institution, Japan Bank for International Co-operation (JBIC) for JPY (Japanese Yen) 50 billion (approx. USD 482 million or Rs. 3,582 crore) under its Global Action for Reconciling Economic growth and Environment preservation (GREEN) initiative. This is the first funding for NTPC Ltd under JBIC’s GREEN initiative. The loan agreement was signed by Anil Kumar Gautam, Director (Finance), NTPC and Masayuki Tanimoto, Managing Executive Officer, Global Head of Infrastructure & Environment Finance Group, JBIC through video conferencing.
Apart from NTPC, State Bank of India (SBI) also signed a loan agreement of $1 billion with JBIC.
- Which organization signed a new implementing arrangement with the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) to enhance scientific cooperation?
3) United Nations
5) European Commission
Answer-5) European Commission
The European Commission and the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) signed a new implementing arrangement to enhance scientific cooperation. It was virtually signed by an Ambassador of the European Union to India, Ugo Astuto, and the Member Secretary of the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), Virendra Kumar Malhotra. This arrangement will encourage top Indian social scientists (Principal Investigators of Research Projects, Senior Fellowship Awardees and Post-Doctoral Fellows) who are supported by the ICSSR and want to pursue research collaborations with European researchers, supported by the European Research Council (ERC).
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) has partnered with which Tech Giant for digital services?
On October 29, 2020 Indian Oil Corporation Limited(IOCL) and International Business Machines Corporation(IBM) entered into partnership to transform the customer’s experience of IOCL. Under this partnership, IBM developed IndianOil One mobile app & portal which will be used by about 130 million consumers covered by about 12,400 IOCL distributors.
- Which State Sports Department has signed a MoU with Sports Authority of India (SAI) for development of Infrastructure at the National Centre of Excellence (NCoE)?
4) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer-4) Arunachal Pradesh
On October 27, 2020 Sports Department, Government of Arunachal Pradesh & Sports Authority of India (SAI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) virtually for development of Infrastructure at the National Centre of Excellence (NCoE) in Itanagar. NCoE has facilities for Wushu, Weightlifting and Boxing.
- Who has been awarded with the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 3rd India International Film Festival of Boston (IIFFB) 2020?
1) Amrish Puri
2) Om Puri
3) Rajesh Khanna
4) Vinod Khanna
5) Irfan Khan
Answer-2) Om Puri
At the 3rd India International Film Festival of Boston (IIFFB) 2020 based in Boston, United States of America(USA) held as a virtual event from 16th to 18th October 2020, the Lifetime Achievement Award 2020 was accorded to Late Actor Om Puri which was received by his wife Nadita Puri. Chef Vikas Khanna was honoured with “Pride of India” a special award at the 3rd IIFFB 2020.
- Which Film has been awarded with Best Feature Film Award at 3rd India International Film Festival of Boston (IIFFB) 2020 based in Boston, United States of America (USA)?
1) Josef: Born In Grace
2) Better than Neil Armstrong
At the 3rd India International Film Festival of Boston (IIFFB) 2020 based in Boston, United States of America (USA) held as a virtual event from 16th to 18th October 2020.Other Awards of IIFFB 2020:
Award Winner Best Feature Film Award 2020 Kaanthi directed by Ashok R Nath Best Actor (male) 2020 Victor Bannerjee for “Josef: Born In Grace” Best Actor (female) 2020 Shylaja Ambu for “Kaanthi” Best Short Film 2020 Better Than Neil Armstrong directed by Alireza Ghasemi Best Film With A Social Cause 2020 Baitullah directed by Jitendra Rai
- Which Country hosted the 19th Meeting of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) ministers of Foreign Economy and Foreign Trade (October 2020)?
India hosted the 19th Meeting of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Ministers of Foreign Economy and Foreign Trade virtually On October 28, 2020. Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Piyush Goyal, Minister of State (MoS) for Commerce and Industry, Hardeep Singh Puri participated in the Meeting. It was also attended by Secretary General of SCO and Ministers from, Kyrgyz Republic, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
- Which Bank is Safest Bank in Asia according to the list ‘World’s 50 Safest Banks 2020’, given by Global Finance, New York?
1) KfW (Germany)
2) DBS Bank (Singapore)
3) Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation (Singapore)
4) United Overseas Bank (Singapore)
5) State Bank of India (India)
Answer-2) DBS Bank (Singapore)
Global Finance, New York based trade publication released the list of World’s 50 Safest Banks 2020 which named DBS Bank, Singapore as the Safest Bank in Asia for the 12th consecutive year. DBS secured the 4th rank as the safest commercial bank in the world and 14th safest bank globally from 2019 and 2018. Due to COVID-19 pandemic situation the Global Finance conducted a virtual award ceremony of the 2020 World’s Safest Banks on 19th October 2020.Top 3 World’s Safest Bank & Asia’s Safest Bank 2020:
Rank Top 3 World’s Safest Banks 2020 Top 3 Safest Banks in Asia 2020 1 KfW (Germany) DBS Group (Singapore) 2 Zuercher Kantonalbank (Switzerland) Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation(Singapore) 3 BNG Bank (Netherlands) United Overseas Bank(Singapore) 14 DBS Bank (Singapore)
Global Finance has named State Bank of India (SBI) as the Safest Bank in India.
- Name the Chief of Army Staff who launched the software named ‘Infrastructure Management System (IMS)’ for automation of functions related to infrastructure development and management.
1) B S Dhanoa
2) R K S Bhadoriya
3) Manoj Mukund Narvane
4) Karambir Singh
5) Bipin Rawat
Answer-3) Manoj Mukund Narvane
Indian army launched a software named ‘Infrastructure Management System (IMS)’ for automation of functions related to infrastructure development and management for ascertaining availability of land, planning and monitoring of works, and environment conservation. The software was inaugurated by Manoj Mukund Narvane (Chief of Army Staff) during the Army Commanders Conference held on 28th October 2020.
- Keshubhai Savdas Patel who passed away recently was the former Chief Minister of which state?
2) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
Keshubhai Savdas Patel, former Chief Minister of Gujarat and veteran leader of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and founder of Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) passed away at the age of 92 at a hospital in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. He was born in 1928 in Visavadar, Junagadh, Gujarat. He was tested positive for coronavirus in September 2020.
- Which day was observed as International Internet Day?
1) October 25
2) October 27
3) October 29
4) October 30
5) October 28
Answer-3) October 29
The International Internet Day has been annually celebrated on 29th October since 2005 to mark the anniversary of the first internet transmission on 29th October 1969. The day aims to celebrate the people who supported to build the internet and provide a chance to reflect on the changes brought by the internet. The Internet which is defined as the remote connection of two computers was achieved on 29th October 1969.
- The World Stroke Day was observed annually on ________.
1) October 28
2) October 27
3) October 29
4) October 26
5) October 30
Answer-3) October 29
World Stroke Day is annually observed on October 29 to raise awareness about stroke prevention, treatment and recovery. The day highlights the seriousness of strokes and the need to ensure better care and support for survivors. The theme of the World Stroke Day 2020 webinar is ‘Get ready to join the Movement’. The central idea for the World Stroke Day 2020 campaign is Join the Movement with the hashtag ‘1 in 4’.
- Which state launched ‘Dharani’ Portal for Land & Property Registrations?
1) Andhra Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
Telangana Chief Minister, K Chandrasekhar Rao launched ‘Dharani’ Portal for Land & Property Registrations at Mudu Chintalapalli village of Medchal-Malkajgiri district, Telangana. The portal is a one-of-its-kind integrated Land Record Management System.
The Portal has been developed by Telangana State Technology Services (TSTS).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the capital of Tajikistan?
The capital and currency of ‘Tajikistan’ is ‘Dushanbe’ & ‘Tajikistani Somoni’ respectively.
- Bathukamma (floral dance festival) is celebrated in which State?
4) Tamil Nadu
Bathukamma is floral dance celebrated predominantly in Telangana and some parts of Andhra Pradesh. Every year this festival is celebrated as per Sathavahana calendar for nine days starting Bhadrapada Pournami till Durgashtami, usually in September–October of Gregorian calendar
- Where is the headquarters of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)?
1) Xinxiang, China
2) Beijing, China
3) Shanghai, China
4) New Delhi, India
5) London, UK
Answer-2) Beijing, China
Headquartered in Beijing, China, The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), or Shanghai Pact, is a Eurasian political, economic, and security alliance, the creation of which was announced on 15 June 2001 in Shanghai, China. The SCO currently comprises eight Member States (China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Pakistan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan)
- What is the Currency of Turkmenistan?
The capital and currency of ‘Turkmenistan’ is ‘Ashgabat’ & ‘Turkmenistan Manat’ respectively.
- Indravati National Park is located in which state?
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Indravati National Park is a national park located in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh state of India. It derives its name from the nearby Indravati River. It is home to one of the last populations of rare wild buffalo. Indravati National Park is the finest and most famous wildlife parks of Chhattisgarh.