AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 30 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which ministry is celebrating 2-week long ‘Sankalp Parva’ initiative of plantationof trees?
1) Ministry of Culture
2) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
3) Ministry of Human Resource Development
4) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
5) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Answer-1) Ministry of Culture
To enhance the Herbal Wealth of India and to support the clean and healthy environment, Union Ministry of Culture is celebrating two week long Sankalp Parva from 28th June to 12 July 2020 wherein, the Subordinate Offices, Academies, Attached Institutions, Affiliated Institutions of the ministry will plant trees in its campus or at the surroundings wherever it is possible. This information has been revealed by Union Minister of State (MoS) for Culture and Tourism (Independent charge) Prahlad Singh Mulayam Singh Patel. The decision for tree plantation has been taken on the call of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who has identified 5 trees representing the herbal heritage of our country.
- India signed 1st concession agreement of 600 MegaWatt (MW) Kholongchhu hydroelectric Project was signed recently. Kholongchhu is the river located in which country?
The Bhutan government and the Kholongchhu Hydro Energy Limited signed the Concession Agreement for 600 MegaWatt (MW) Kholongchhu hydroelectric Project (Joint Venture of India and Bhutan) in Thimphu, in virtual presence of Dr. S Jaishankar,Minister of External Affairs and his Bhutanese Counterpart Dr.TandiDorji. The project is expected to be completed by the end of 2025.
- The central government has approved additional Rs 1,691 crore for the construction of highways in which state/UT (June 2020)?
1) Jammu & Kashmir
3) Arunachal Pradesh
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
In a major development, the central Government has sanctioned an additional Rs 1,691 crore for the construction of highways by the Border Roads Organization (BRO) in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) and Uttarakhand during 2020-21 in the wake of clashes with China in Ladakh.
- Name the state which develops India’s 1st Lichen Park with over 150 lichen species?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
4) Himachal Pradesh
The Forest Department of Uttarakhand has developed India’s First Lichen Park in Munsyari, Pithoragarh district, Uttarakhand as a research centre with over 150 Lichen species – Jurassic Era plant which was inaugurated on 27th June 2020, thedevelopment process of the 1.5 acres park began in 2019.
- Which state has launched ‘At one click’ online aid for MSMEs?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
The Chief Minister of Gujarat Vijay Rupani launched the online aid initiative ‘At One Click’ with Rs 1,369 crore for around 13000 Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) (i.e. MSMEs and textile industries) in Gujarat.
- V P Singh Badnore with Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated Battery Swapping Facility Quick Interchange Service (QIS) at Chandigarh (UT) recently. VP Singh Badnore is also the governor of which state?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
Punjab Governor and Administrator of Chandigarh, V P Singh Badnore with Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Steel, Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated Battery Swapping Facility Quick Interchange Service(QIS) at Chandigarh in a virtual function.
- Find the organisation which released report titled “Money Laundering and the Illegal Wildlife Trade”.
1) World Trade Organization (WTO)
2) World Health Organization (WHO)
3) Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
4) Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
5) International Labour Organization (ILO)
Answer-3) Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
In accordance with the first ever report on illegal wildlife trade (IWT) titled “Money Laundering and the Illegal Wildlife Trade” report by Financial Action Task Force (FATF), illegal wildlife trade is a “global threat” which generate estimated revenues between $7to $23 billion a year. This crime could lead to more zoonotic diseases in the future. The report is based on the inputs of 50 jurisdictions across the FATF global network, as well as expertise from the private sector and civil society.
- Which among the following countries are part of Switzerland’s top 3 partners for info exchange on tax matters according OECD’s Global Forum study?
4) Only 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
Answer-5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
In accordance with the latest study by OECD’s (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development) Global Forum on transparency and exchange of information for tax purposes, referring to the period from July 2015 to June 2018, India was named among the top-three countries as EOI (Exchange of Information) partners along with France and Germany. Means, India is getting detailed information on request, from Switzerland about bank accounts and beneficiary ownership of entities established by its residents.
- Which space agency renamed after Mary Jackson to its headquarters building in June 2020.
1) Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
2) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
3) Centre national d’étudesspatiales (CNES)
4) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
5) China National Space Administration (CNSA)
Answer-2) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
The headquarter building of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) located at Washington D.C., has been renamed after Mary Winston Jackson(1921-2005), the first black female engineer at NASA. Administrator Jim Bridestone made the announcement on 24th June.
- The education improvement project ‘STARS’, which got $500 million world bank loan will be implemented across how many states in India?
The board of executives of the World Bank (WB) has approved loan of $ 500 million (about Rs 3,700 crore) under ‘Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States Program (STARS)’project to improve the quality and governance of school education across six states (Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Rajasthan) in India.
- How much amount was granted by world bank to rejuvenate the Ganga through Second National Ganga River Basin Project (SNGRBP) in June 2020?
1) $500 million
2) $350 million
3) $300 million
4) $450 million
5) $400 million
Answer-5) $400 million
The World bank enhanced the support to India’s programme to rejuvenate the Ganga with $400 million through Second National Ganga River Basin Project (SNGRBP), for the development of infrastructure projects Under the National Ganga River Basin Project.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to extend the enhanced borrowing facilityUnder marginal standing facility (MSF) provided to banks till ______.
1) September 30, 2020
2) August 31, 2020
3) January 1, 2021
4) March 31, 2021
5) December 31, 2020
Answer-1) September 30, 2020
In exercise of power conferred under the Section 24 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, India’s central bank, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to extend the enhanced borrowing facility provided to banks till September 30, 2020 to meet the liquidity shortage in the midst of the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic.
- Under which section of RBI act 1934, RBI has extended the minimum daily CRR maintenance of 80% by three months until 25 September 2020?
1) Section 42(2)
2) Section 41(1)
3) Section 42(1)
4) Section 41(2)
5) Section 42(3)
Answer-3) Section 42(1)
In exercise of power conferred under the Section 42(1) of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934, the RBI has extended the minimum daily cash reserve ratio (CRR) maintenance of 80% by three months until 25 September 2020.
- Micheál Martin has been elected as the Prime minister of which country in June 2020?
On 28th June 2020, the voting at the special meeting of the Irish Parliament (the Dáil) at the Convention Centre, Dublin, Fianna Fail leader Micheál Martin was elected as the new (Taoiseach) Prime Minister of Ireland and he will take over the office from Leo Varadkar.Micheál Martin, will lead the government for the first two and a half years (until December 2022); the second half of the 5-year team will be led by Leo Varadkar, Indian Origin & Leader of Fine Gael.
- Lazarus Chakwera sworn in as the 6th President of Malawi recently in June 2020. What is the capital of Malawi?
5) None of the above
Lazarus Chakwera, won Malawi’s President Elections and sworn in as the 6th President of Malawi on 28 June. He succeeded Peter Mutharika of Democratic Progressive Party by winning 58.57% of total votes.About Malawi: Capital: Lilongwe.
- Anandiben Patel assumes additional charge as governor of Madhya Pradesh in June 2020. She is the governor of which state?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-5) Uttar Pradesh
The President of India has given additional charges of Madhya Pradesh to AnandibenMafatbhai Patel, the governor of Uttar Pradesh.
- Aleksandar Vucic who is in news recently is the president of which country?
5) North Macedonia
Aleksandar Vucic, President of Serbia has declared the victory of the Serbian Progressive Party (Srpska naprednastranka – SNS) with more than 63% vote in the Parliamentary election held on 28th June 2020 which was boycotted by most of the opposition parties.
- Who is going to receive the Humanitarian Award at 20th edition of annual BET Awards 2020?
1) Jennifer Hudson
3) Chloe X Halle
4) Assa Traore
5) Nicolas Johnson
24-time Grammy winner Popstar Beyonce(38 years old) to receive the Humanitarian Award at 20th edition of annual BET Awards 2020, for her long-standing philanthropic work, including her recent COVID-19 relief efforts. The event will be held virtually for the 1st time on June 28.
- Which country hosted/Chaired the 36th ASEAN Summit on the theme “Cohesive and Responsive ASEAN”?
36th Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit was held via video conference on the theme “Cohesive and Responsive ASEAN”. The summit was chaired by Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc as Vietnam is ASEAN’s chair in 2020. The focus of the meet was on COVID-19 response, post-pandemic recovery and further cooperation with partners.
- Name the union HRD minister of India who participated in group of 20 (G20) Extraordinary Virtual Education Ministers’ Meeting in June 2020.
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Smriti Irani
3) Harsh Vardhan
4) Nirmala Sitharaman
5) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
Answer-5) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
Union HRD (Human Resource Development) Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ participated in group of 20 (G20) Extraordinary Virtual Education Ministers’ Meeting which was focused on the effects of the COVID 19 pandemic on the education sector.
- Mario Gómez who is in news recently is associated with which sport?
Former Germany, 33-year-old striker Mario Gómez retired from soccer (Football), who won the Bundesliga title in 2007 in his first stint at Stuttgart and was also part of Bayern Munich’s treble winning team in 2013.
- Geetha Nagabhushan who passed away in June 2020 is a renowned _____.
5) Theatre Artist
Veteran Kannada Novelist Geetha Nagabhushan passed away at the age of 78 due to cardiac arrest in a private hospital at Kalaburagi. She was born on 25th March 1942 in Savalagi village, Kalaburagi.
- National Statistics Day is celebrated on June 29 every year in India to commemorate birth anniversary of whom?
1) RC Bose
2) JK Ghosh
4) SN Roy
5) CR Rao
Answer-3) PC Mahalanobis
India celebrates June 29th as the National Statistics Day to recognise the contribution of statistics in daily life and to educate the general public on the importance of statistics in socio-economic planning and policy formulation. The first National Statistics Day was celebrated on 29th June 2007.June 29th is chosen to celebrate the National Statistics Day to commemorate the birth anniversary of Prof. Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis.
- The International Day of the Tropics is observed annually on _____.
1) June 26
2) June 27
3) June 28
4) June 29
5) June 30
Answer-4) June 29
United Nations (UN) International Day of the Tropics is observed annually on 29th June to raise awareness about the challenges faced by the tropical areas and the importance of the tropical areas in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) declared June 29th as the International Day of the Tropics in its resolution A/RES/70/267 adopted in 2016.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD) which is in news recently is built across which river?
Leaders of Sudan, Ethiopia and Egypt said they were hopeful that the African Union could help them broker a deal to end a decade-long dispute over water supplies within two or three weeks. Ethiopia, which is building the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD) which worries its downstream neighbours Egypt and Sudan, said it would fill the reservoir in a few weeks, as planned, providing enough time for talks to be concluded. Tortuous negotiations over the years have left the two nations and their neighbour Sudan short of an agreement to regulate how Ethiopia will operate the dam and fill its reservoir, while protecting Egypt’s scarce water supplies from the Nile river.
- What is the capital of Bhutan?
The capital and currency of Bhutan are Thimphu and Bhutanese Ngultrum respectively.
- What is the constituency of Union culture minister, Prahlad Singh Patel?
2) Patna Sahib
Ministry of Culture: Prahlad Singh Patel Constituency– Damoh, Madhya Pradesh.
- Where is the Secretariat of ASEAN located?
1) Jakarta, Indonesia
2) Moscow, Russia
3) Beijing, China
4) New Delhi, India
5) None of these
Answer-1) Jakarta, Indonesia
About Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN): Established in 1967, ASEAN groups 10 nations viz. Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. Secretariat– Jakarta, Indonesia.
- What is the capital and currency of Ireland?
1) Berlin & Euro
2) Dublin & Euro
3) Helsinki & Pound
4) Berlin & Pound
5) Dublin & Pound
Answer-2) Dublin & Euro
The capital and currency of Ireland are Dublin and Euro respectively.