AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 30 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- As per the data released by National Mineral Inventory, India has a total 501.83 MT of Gold ore as of 2015. Which state holds the major part of India’s Gold ore reserves?
As per the data of the National Mineral Inventory, the total reserves/resources of gold ore (primary) in India have been estimated at 501.83 million tonnes (MT) as of April 1, 2015. In India, Bihar holds 44% of Gold ore Reserve.
- Which is the only Indian City to be listed in the ‘International Clean Air Catalyst Programme’ by the USAID?
India’s cleanest city Indore has become the only city from India to be selected for International Clean Air Catalyst Programme. It is a new flagship programme launched by The U.S Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Where was the 3-day long UN Food Systems Pre-Summit 2021 took place, that saw the virtual participation of Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar?
1) Rome, Italy
2) Paris, France
3) Nairobi, Kenya
4) Madrid, Spain
5) Istanbul, Turkey
Answer-1) Rome, Italy
Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar virtually participated in the 3-day long UN Food Systems Pre-Summit 2021 was held in a hybrid mode which was organized by the UN and the Government of Italy in Rome, Italy.
i.UN accepted the Government of India’s proposal to celebrate 2023 as ‘International Year of Millets’
- Name the Tiger Reserve that recently (in July’21) won the Natwest Group Earth Heroes Award-2021 under the Earth Guardian Category
1) Satpura Tiger Reserve
2) Kanha Tiger Reserve
3) Sariska Tiger Reserve
4) Indravati Tiger Reserve
5) Parambikulam Tiger Reserve
Answer-1) Satpura Tiger Reserve
The Satpura Tiger reserve in the state of Madhya Pradesh has won the Natwest Group Earth Heroes Award-2021 in the Earth Guardian category for best management.
- Who was appointed as the CEO of Bharat Bill Payment System(BBPS)?
1) Srinivasu MN
2) Ajay Kaushal
3) Noopur Chaturvedi
4) AR Ramesh
5) Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Answer-3) Noopur Chaturvedi
Bharat Bill Payment System(BBPS) appointed Noopur Chaturvedi, a former executive of PayU India and Airtel Payments Bank as its new Chief Executive Officer(CEO).
- In July 2021, Pham Minh Chinh became the Prime Minister of Which Country?
Answer- 5) Vietnam
Pham Minh Chinh was re-elected as the Prime Minister (PM) of Vietnam for 2021-2026 through the 15th National Assembly (NA) of Vietnam.
Capital – Hanoi
President – Nguyen Xuan Phuc
Currency – Vietnamese dong
- In July 2021, World Bank’s investment wing International Finance Corporation (IFC) acquired 4.99% share in which bank?
1) State Bank of India
2) Canara Bank
3) Federal Bank
4) Bandhan Bank
5) Catholic Syrian Bank
Answer-3) Federal Bank
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the investment arm of World Bank and IFC Financial Institutions Growth Fund and IFC Emerging Asia Fund, 2 investment funds managed by IFC Asset Management Company has acquired a 4.99% stake in the Federal Bank for Rs 916 crore.
- When is the International Tiger Day or Global Tiger Day annually observed?
1) 26th July
2) 30th July
3) 29th July
4) 27th July
5) 28th July
Answer-3) 29th July
The International Tiger Day or Global Tiger Day is annually observed across the globe on 29th July to create awareness about the Tigers, one of the species that is classified as Endangered by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
- In India, state with the highest number of Tiger population is awarded with the status of ‘Tiger State’. Name the state government that currently (as of July’21) holds the ‘Tiger State’ status.
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-2) Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh received the status of ‘Tiger State’ with 526 tigers. According to the All India Tiger Estimation Report 2018, Madhya Pradesh topped the Tiger census with 526 tigers, followed by Karnataka with 524 tigers and Uttarakhand with 442 tigers.
- Who shall appoint a commission to investigate the conditions of backward class in a state, as per Article 340 of Indian Constitution?
2) Chief Justice of High Court
4) Chief Justice of India
Article 340 – The President of India shall appoint a Commission to investigate the social and educational conditions of backward classes within the territory of India.