AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 30 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which was NOT one among the measures mentioned in the ‘Marine Mega Fauna Stranding Guidelines’ released by MoEFCC, in January 2021?
1) Boost scientific research
2) Rebuilding of degraded habitats of marine mammals
3) Reduce stranding of marine turtles
4) Increasing fish population
5) Increasing People’s Participation in conservationAnswer-4) Increasing fish population
On January 29, 2021, Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister for Environment Forest & Climate Change (MoEFCC) virtually released ‘Marine Mega Fauna Stranding Guidelines’ & ‘National Marine Turtle Action Plan’ in New Delhi. Some of the guidelines are,
Improve the response of stakeholders towards stranding, entanglement, injury of marine mammals and conservation of marine turtles.
Boost scientific research & exchange of information
Rebuilding of degraded habitats of marine mammals
Increasing People’s Participation in conservation
- Which state government recently (in Jan 2021), launched the Agriculture Pump Power Connection Policy 2020?
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) West BengalAnswer-3) Maharashtra
On January 28, 2021, Maharashtra Chief Minister (CM) Uddhav Thackeray launched the Agriculture Pump Power Connection Policy 2020 which aims to provide uninterrupted power supply to the farmers. He also inaugurated several farm related initiatives like Solar Energy Land Bank Portal, Krishi Urja Abhiyan Policy 2020 Web Portal, ACF App developed by Power DISCOM Mahavitaran & Maha Krishi Abhiyan App.
- Union Minister Harsh Vardhan addressed the FII, he highlighted the 5 big impacts of COVID-19 that influence global business. Where was the 4th edition of the Future Investment Initiative (FII) Forum 2021 was held virtually?
1) Dhaka, Bangladesh
2) Seoul, South Korea
3) New Delhi, India
4) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5) Jakarta, IndonesiaAnswer-4) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
From January 27 to 28, 2021, the 4th edition of the Future Investment Initiative (FII) Forum 2021 was held virtually from Riyadh, Capital of Saudi Arabia under the theme of “The Neo-Renaissance”. It was hosted by FII Institute.
From India, Union Minister Harsh Vardhan addressed the FII where he highlighted the following five big impacts of COVID-19 which are influencing global business:
The impact of Technology and Innovation
Importance of Infrastructure for Global Growth
Changes coming in human resource and future of work
Compassion for environment
Business friendly governance with focus on whole of society and government approach
- Which bank recently (in Jan 2021), partnered with CSC e-Governance Services India Ltd to launch EMI service that allows Business Correspondents (BCs) to collect EMIs at CSCs across India?
2) HDFC Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) UCO Bank
5) Canara BankAnswer-2) HDFC Bank
On January 28, 2021 HDFC Bank and CSC e-Governance Services India Ltd, a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) has entered into partnership to launch Equated Monthly Installment(EMI) service that allows Business Correspondents(BCs) to collect HDFC Bank’s EMIs at CSCs across India. This partnership will enable people in remote areas to access banking and financial services at their doorstep through the bank’s network of over 1 lakh VLEs.
- Which period recorded the highest ever FDI equity inflow into India for the first 8 months of a Financial Year?
1) January – August 2020
2) May – December 2019
3) April-November 2020
4) January – August 2019
5) June 2020 – December 2021Answer-3) April-November 2020
In accordance with the data by Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Foreign direct investment (FDI) equity inflow into India was increased by 37% to USD 43.85 billion during April-November 2020 (FY21). It was the highest ever for the first 8 months of a financial year and also 37% more compared to the first 8 months of FY20 (US$ 32.11 billion).
- Who recently (in Jan 2021), got appointed as the MD & CEO of Dhanlaxmi Bank?
1) Sunil Gurbaxani
2) S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
3) JK Shivan
4) Atul Kumar Goel
5) Shyam SrinivasanAnswer-3) JK Shivan
On January 28, 2021 Dhanlaxmi Bank appointed JK Shivan as Managing director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) for a period of 3 years. The appointment is made with the approval of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). It is to be recalled that Sunil Gurbaxani was the MD & CEO of the bank. JK Shivan is expected to take charge by February 1, 2021.
- Which state topped in the 2nd Edition of India Justice Report (IJR) 2020, that was released by Tata Trusts?
2) Tamil Nadu
5) West BengalAnswer-1) Maharashtra
According to the 2nd Edition of India Justice Report (IJR) 2020, Maharashtra (with 5.77 points) regained the Top spot for Better Justice Delivery among 18 Large and mid-sized states (Population over one crore each), it was followed by Tamil Nadu (with 5.73 points) & Telangana (5.64 points). In the Category of 7 small states, Tripura topped the list followed by Sikkim (4.48 points) & Goa (4.42 points). The report was released by Tata Trusts.
- What was India’s rank in the 2020 Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI), released by Transparency International?
5) 88thAnswer-2) 86th
On January 28, 2021, the Transparency International released the 2020 Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) where India’s rank slipped to 86th with a score of 40 from 80th rank with score of 41 in 2019. The list has been topped by New Zealand and Denmark rank at the first position with scores of 88 stating minimum corruption levels. Contrarily, Somalia and South Sudan rank lowest at 179th position with scores of 12.
- What was the Visual Intelligence Tool recently (in Jan 2021) launched by MeitY turning data into analysis & visualizations for Government Officials?
5) eOfficeAnswer-4) TEJAS
On January 28, 2021, National Informatics Centre Services Incorporated (NICSI), a PSU under National Informatics Centre (NIC), Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) celebrated 25 Years of its inception. Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister for MeitY who attended the event as Chief Guest released,
TEJAS – A Visual Intelligence Tool will provide data analysis for turning data into analysis & visualizations for Government Officials; e-Auction India, Work from AnyWhere Portal (WAW), NIC Products Portfolio.
- Which region is a home to 428 species of birds, as per the recent (as of Jan 2021) data of Zoological Survey of India (ZSI)?
1) Dr. Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary
3) Naga Hills
4) Eastern Himalayas
5) Andaman & NicobarAnswer-2) Sunderbans
Indian Sunderbans, which is part of the largest mangrove forest in the world, is home to 428 species of birds, a recent publication of the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI). The Indian Sunderbans, which covers 4,200 sq km, comprises of the Sunderban Tiger Reserve of 2,585 sq km is the home to about 96 Royal Bengal Tigers (as per last census in 2020) is also a world heritage site and a Ramsar Site.