AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 30 April 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- Which ministry recently (in April ’22) signed an MoU with the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) for the Modernisation of Telecommunication for Public Safety and Security?
1) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
2) Ministry of Railways
3) Ministry of Science and Technology
4) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
5) Ministry of Information and BroadcastingAnswer-2) Ministry of Railways
The Ministry of Railways and the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) signed an MoU for coordination and resource sharing with respect to provision of telecommunication facilities in the delivery and implementation of C-DOT’s Telecom solutions and services in Indian Railways.
i. The C-DOT and Ministry of Railways will work on modernisation of telecommunication in Indian Railways for public safety and security using Long Term Evolution for Railways (LTE-R).
- The Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) 2.0 scheme was completed 4 years on 25th April 2022.
The Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) 2.0 scheme under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Women and Child Development
2) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
3) Ministry of Education
4) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
5) Ministry of Housing and Urban AffairsAnswer-3) Ministry of Education
The Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) 2.0 on April 25, 2022 has completed four years since its launch on the same day in the year 2018. The UBA 2.0 was launched with the vision of transformational change in the rural development processes by the Ministry of Education (MoE).
About Unnat Bharat Abhiyan:
i. The UBA (UBA 1.0) was a flagship program of the Ministry of Education on 11th November, 2014.
ii. It aims to link the Higher Education Institutions (HEI) with a set of at least 5 villages, so that these institutions can contribute to the economic and social betterment of these village communities using their knowledge base.
- Name the state that recently (in April ’22) approved India’s 1st Gene Bank Programme for Biodiversity Conservation.
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-3) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra Cabinet headed by the Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has approved India’s first-of-its-kind Maharashtra Gene Bank Programme with an aim of ensuring that the natural resources are passed onto generations, with the budget support of Rs 172.39 crore for a period of five years in Maharashtra.
i. The Programme will be run by the State Biodiversity Board to sustain and continue the work.
- Name the institute that recently (in April ’22) signed an MoU with the African Asian Rural Development Organisation (AARDO) to Promote Sustainable Agriculture in 33 Members of AARDO.
1) IIM- Bangalore
2) IIM- Amritsar
3) IIM- Ahmedabad
4) IIM- Indore
5) IIM- KozhikodeAnswer-5) IIM- Kozhikode
The Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIM-K) and African Asian Rural Development Organisation (AARDO) have signed an MoU to promote and collaborate in research, consultancy, technical and knowledge assistance in promoting sustainable agriculture and rural development practices in the 33 members nations of AARDO. The 33 members of the AARDO include 31 countries in the Asian-African region.
i. This MoU will enable IIM-K and AARDO to work on their mutual interest in agriculture and sustainable rural development in AARDO member countries,
- According to the ‘The Economic Impact of Real-Time Payments-April 2022’ report released by CEBR and ACI Worldwide, India secured _____ rank in the real-time payments among businesses around the world with 48.6 billion in 2021.
5) 3rdAnswer- 4) 1st
In accordance with the report titled ‘The Economic Impact of Real-Time Payments-April 2022’ by Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) in partnership with GlobalData for payment solutions provider ACI Worldwide, India accounted for the highest volume of real-time payments (1st rank) among businesses around the world, with 48.6 billion real-time payments through 2021 which is 40% of Global Real-time Payments originated in 2021.
i. India is followed by China at the second place with 18.5 billion real-time transactions.
- As per the recent (as of April’22) data released by Chainalysis, India secured _____ rank in total Crypto Gains in 2021 while _____ tops the list.
1) 15th; China
2) 21st; United States
3) 18th; China
4) 15th; United States
5) 21st; United KingdomAnswer-2) 21st; United States
In accordance with the data released by crypto analytics firm Chainalysis, investors around the world realized total Crypto gains of $162.7 billion in 2021, compared to $32.5 billion in 2020. This is the 2nd consecutive data by Chainalysis.
i. However, India ranked lowly at 21st with realized gains of around $1.85 billion while it is topped by the United States (US) with an estimated realized Crypto gain of $46.95 billion followed by the United Kingdom (UK).
- Which bank recently (in April ’22) launched “India’s 1st Open-For-all” digital ecosystem for MSMEs in India?
1) ICICI Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) YES Bank
5) IndusInd BankAnswer- 1) ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank has launched India’s First ‘Open-For-All’ digital ecosystem with an open architecture to empower all Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in India, including customers of other banks, by integrating banking services with value-added offerings.
i. The ecosystem is supported by three pillars: Enhanced banking services for existing customers, A variety of banking services to MSMEs, who are customers of other banks & A wide range of added-value services for everyone
- To which bank, the RBI recently (in April 22) imposed a penalty of Rs 1.12 crore for non-compliance related to certain directions issued under the Know Your Customer (KYC)?
1) Union Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Indian Bank
4) Bank of Maharashtra
5) Bank of BarodaAnswer-4) Bank of Maharashtra
RBI has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 1.12 crore on the Bank of Maharashtra (BoM), a Public Sector Bank, for non-compliance pertains to certain directions issued under the Know Your Customer (KYC) Directions, of 2016.
i. This penalty has been imposed in the exercise of powers vested in RBI under the provisions of section 47 A (1) (c) read with sections 46 (4) (i) and 51 (1) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 (the Act).
ii. RBI has also imposed a penalty of Rs 25 lakh on Haryana State Co-operative Apex Bank Limited for non-compliance with its directions on Housing Finance and also imposed a penalty of Rs 12 lakh to Rajkot Nagarik Sahakari Bank Limited for non-compliance with ‘Interest Rate on Deposits.
- Padma Shri awardee Mamannamana Vijayan recently (April 22nd) passed away. In which field did he receive the Padma Shri award in 2004?
1) Science and Engineering
2) Literature and Education
3) Social Work
5) ArtAnswer- 1) Science and Engineering
Molecular biophysicist and structural biologist professor Padma Shri awardee Mamannamana Vijayan, DAE Homi Bhabha Professor at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc)- Bengaluru, passed away in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
i. He played a major role in the development of macromolecular crystallography in India.
ii. He was honoured with Padma Shri (2004) for science and engineering and Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology (1985).
- The International Dance Day 2022 was celebrated across the globe on __________.
1) 26th April 2022
2) 28th April 2022
3) 30th April 2022
4) 27th April 2022
5) 29th April 2022Answer-5) 29th April 2022
International Dance Day 2022 was celebrated across the globe on 29th April 2022 to promote dance in all its forms across the world and to share the joy of dance with others. The day also marks the birth anniversary of Jean-Georges Noverre, the creator of modern ballet.
i. The International Dance Committee (IDC) of the International Theatre Institute (ITI) is responsible for the events related to International Dance Day and the release of the International Message and the author of the 2022 International Dance Day Message is Kang Sue Jin, South Korean Dancer and Artistic Director of the Korean National Ballet