AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 September 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In September 2021, PM Narendra Modi released a special ‘Rs 125 commemorative coin’ on the occasion of the 125th birth anniversary of which personality?
1) A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
2) Potuluri Virabrahmendra Swami
3) Narayan Prasad Das Ji Swami
4) Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati
5) Swami Keshwanand Satyarthi
Answer-1) A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
PM Narendra Modi virtually released a special issue of a ‘Rs 125 commemorative coin’ on the occasion of the 125th birth anniversary of Srila A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the Founder Acarya of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON).
- Which State celebrated (in Sept’ 21) the popular 5-day long tribal harvest festival – ‘Solung’?
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) Himachal Pradesh
Answer-4) Arunachal Pradesh
The popular 5-day festival of the Adi Tribe of Arunachal Pradesh namely ‘Solung’ was celebrated. It is a harvest festival performed after sowing of seeds and transplantation, to seek for good crops.
About Arunachal Pradesh:
Governor– Brigadier BD Mishra (retd)
Wildlife Sanctuaries– Itanagar Wildlife Sanctuary, Kamlang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Name the joint exercise that was recently (in Sept’ 21) held between India and Kazakhstan to share expertise between the armies in the field of Counter-Terrorism operations.
1) Yudh Abhyas-21
2) CORPAT- 21
4) Surya Kiran XIV
The Indian Army took part in “KAZIND-21” – a joint military exercise between India and Kazakhstan at Aisha Bibi village of Kazakhstan. It was designed to share expertise between the armies in the field of Counter-terrorism operations.
Capital – Nur-Sultan
Currency – Tenge
President – Kassym-Jomart Tokayev
- What is the annual contribution limit for tax free ‘interest income’ which is earned through the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) contributions set by the Central Board of Direct Taxes for EPF members?
1) Rs 5 Lakh
2) Rs 1 Lakh
3) Rs 2.5 Lakh
4) Rs 2 Lakh
5) Rs 50,000
Answer-3) Rs 2.5 Lakh
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) notified new rules regarding the taxation on the ‘interest income’ which is earned through the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) contributions.
i. 2.5 lakh a year for EPF members & Rs 5 lakh a year for General or Statutory Provident Fund (GPF) or other Provident Fund (PFs) where there is no contribution from the employer.
- 1500 Artisans were benefited (as of Sept’ 21) through the training conducted in 63 Samarth Training Centres as per the ‘SAMARTH’ scheme. SAMARTH is a scheme established under which Ministry?
1) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
2) Ministry of Textiles
3) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
4) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
5) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
Answer-2) Ministry of Textiles
As per the data of the Ministry of Textiles, more than 1,500 artisans had been benefited by training in 63 Samarth Training Centres. The Scheme for Capacity Building in Textile Sector (SCBTS) was named ‘SAMARTH’.
- Where was the ‘WHO Hub for Pandemic and Epidemic Intelligence’ set up by the World Health Organization (in Sept’ 21) to create an effective pandemic & epidemic risk management?
1) Paris, France
2) Tokyo, Japan
3) Brasilia, Brazil
4) New York, USA
5) Berlin, Germany
Answer-5) Berlin, Germany
WHO had set up the first hub of its kind ‘WHO Hub for Pandemic and Epidemic Intelligence’ which was inaugurated by German Chancellor Angela Merkel and WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus in Berlin, Germany.
i. The hub will receive an initial investment of $100 million from the Government of Germany
- Identify the point(s) that are correctly related to the recent guidelines (in Sept’ 21) given by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
A) PFRDA increased the maximum age for joining the National Pension System from 60 years to 68 years of age.
B) The Subscribers are made eligible to open Tier II Accounts, a voluntary savings facility, for investing their disposable income to optimize their returns.
C) Maximum of up to 60% of the PF amount could be withdrawn as a lump sum amount, after the completion of the minimum of 3-years duration.
1) Only A & B
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & C
4) All A, B & C
5) Only B
Answer-2) Only B & C
i. PFRDA increased the maximum age for joining the National Pension System from 65 years to 70 years of age. The existing age of entry which is 18-65 years were revised to 18-70 years.
ii. The Subscribers are made eligible to open Tier II Accounts, a voluntary savings facility, for investing their disposable income to optimize their returns.
iii. Maximum of up to 60% of the PF amount could be withdrawn as a lump sum amount, after the completion of the minimum of 3-years duration.
- Who became (in Sept’ 21) the 1st Indian honorary member of the International Astronomical Union for his/her work towards astrophotography?
1) Dorje Angchuk
2) Raghuram Govind Rajan
3) Ankur Sharma
4) Avinash Kak
5) C. Kumar N. Patel
Answer-1) Dorje Angchuk
International Astronomical Union (IAU) inducted India’s Dorje Angchuk as one of its Honorary Members, along with 10 other inductees. He serves in the Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) in Ladakh & is recognised by IAU for his work towards astrophotography.
- Name the institute that recently (in Sept’ 21) launched ‘e-Source’ – an open source platform for tracking & recovery of electronic wastes.
1) IIT Bombay
2) IIT Roorkee
3) IIT Hyderabad
4) IIT Delhi
5) IIT Madras
Answer-5) IIT Madras
“e-Source”, an open source platform for tracking & recovery of electronic wastes is under beta level of testing by the IIT Madras. The initiative was promoted by the Indo-German Centre for Sustainability (ICGS) in IIT Madras.
- Currently there are six languages that enjoy the ‘Classical’ status in India. As per the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution ‘Odia’ got its special status in which year?
Currently there are six languages that enjoy the ‘Classical’ status in India.
Kannada & Telugu- 2008