AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 September 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
Date-Wise Current Affairs September 2020 PDF(Content & Q&A) for Paid Users – Click Here to Know More
Questions Based on Current Affairs 3 September 2020
- Who has launched world’s 1st exclusive product market for the renewable energy sector named Green Term Ahead Market (GTAM)?
2) Raj Kumar Singh
3) Ravi Shankar Prasad
4) Giriraj Singh
5) Pralhad JoshiAnswer-2) Raj Kumar Singh
Minister of State (MoS) (Independent Charge) for Power and New & Renewable Energy Raj Kumar Singh launched the Pan-India Green Term Ahead Market (GTAM) in New Delhi virtually, for electricity. GTAM is the World’s First Exclusive Product Market for the renewable energy sector. It will help in achieving the Government of India’s target of 175 Giga Watt (GW) RE Capacity by 2022.
- According to the report titled “Accidental Deaths and Suicides in India (ADSI) 2019” released by National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), Which city recorded the highest number of deaths due to dangerous driving and overall road accidents in 2019?
5) MumbaiAnswer-4) Delhi
The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), Ministry of Home Affairs released an annual report titled “Accidental Deaths and Suicides in India (ADSI) 2019”. This is NCRB’s 53rd edition of the series which was started in 1967. Delhi recorded the highest number of deaths due to dangerous driving and overall road accidents in 2019. In Chennai and Bengaluru, 1,258 and 768 persons died in road accidents respectively.
- Which is 1st country in the world that planned to release a set of standards for Forensic accounting and Investigation?
5) United StatesAnswer-1) India
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) plans to come out with a detailed set of forensic accounting and Investigation standards by the end of December 2020. The move will make India the first country in the world to release a set of standards for Forensic accounting and Investigation. The council of ICAI has accepted the proposal of Digital Accounting and Assurance Board (DAAB) of ICAI to develop and issue a set of Forensic Accounting and Investigation Standards (FAIS) in India.
- Madhya Pradesh state government has launched the cleanliness campaign named ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo Madhya Pradesh’ recently. Who is the present Governor of Madhya Pradesh?
1) Droupadi Murmu
2) Acharya Dev Vrat
3) Jagdish Mukhi
4) Bhagat Singh Koshyari
5) Anandiben PatelAnswer-5) Anandiben Patel
Bhupendra Singh, Madhya Pradesh(MP) Urban Development and Housing Minister launched a 15-day campaign (August 16-30, 2020) ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo Madhya Pradesh’ (Free India and Madhya Pradesh from garbage) from Sagar, MP. Anandiben Patel has been given additional charge as governor of Madhya Pradesh recently (She is also the governor of Uttar Pradesh).
- The 51st edition of International Film Festival of India will be held in which state/UT from November 20 to 28?
5) Jammu & KashmirAnswer-4) Goa
Fifty first International Film Festival of India IFFI will be held in Goa, from November 20th to 28th. This film festival being a hybrid film festival due to COVID 19, would screen films on official digital platform along with the theatrical screenings.
- Which country constructs missile site at Kailash-Mansarovar?
1) Hong Kong
5) TibetAnswer-4) China
Amid tensions with India over the standoff in Eastern Ladakh sector, China has reportedly built a surface-to-air missile near a lake, which is a part of the Kailash-Mansarovar. Mount Kailash and Lake Mansarovar, commonly known as the Kailash-Mansarovar site is revered by four religions and is linked to culture and spiritual scriptures in India.
- How many States and UTs are connected with one nation one ration card scheme (as on September 2, 2020)?
5) 26Answer-5) 26
The Union Territories(UTs) Ladakh & Lakshadweep have been included in the ‘One Nation-One Ration Card’ scheme on ‘Integrated Management of Public Distribution System’(IM-PDS). After the integration of these two UTs, a total 26 States /UTs Connected with the Scheme and will benefit about 65 crore people. The remaining states will be integrated in the scheme by March 2021.
- Which bank has partnered with Innoviti to provide affordable options of bank’s debit cards by Innoviti POS terminals?
1) Federal Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) Yes Bank
5) ICICI bankAnswer-1) Federal Bank
To provide convenient and affordable options of Federal Bank Debit Cards through Innoviti Point of Sale (POS) terminals, the Federal Bank and Innoviti Payment Solutions Pvt. Ltd (Innoviti) have entered into a partnership, which will offer Equated Monthly Installments (EMIs) options to over 7.5 million Federal Bank Debit Card holders at over 70,000 Innoviti POS terminals across 1000 cities. The partnership is in view of COVID-19 crisis as people are cautious about their spending and still will need affordable options in essential categories such as healthcare, education and IT (computers and laptops).
- Which state government received the nod from Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) recently to form its own insurance firm?
1) Andhra Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) ChhattisgarhAnswer-1) Andhra Pradesh
Government of Andhra Pradesh (AP) received the nod from Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) to form its Crop Insurance Firm Andhra Pradesh General Insurance Company (APGIC). Andhra Pradesh is among the few states like Bihar, West Bengal that has chosen to have their crop insurance schemes.
- Name the company which becomes world’s largest solar power generation asset owner as per Mercom Capital.
2) Enel Green Power
3) SB Energy
4) Adani Green Energy
5) GCL New EnergyAnswer-4) Adani Green Energy
Mercom Capital ranked Adani Green Energy Ltd (AGEL) as World’s Largest Solar Power Generation Asset Owner in terms of operating, under-construction and awarded projects. GCL New Energy (7.1 GW), a Hong Kong-listed independent solar power producer, ranked second, followed by Tokyo-based renewable energy developer, SB Energy (7 GW). Mercom Capital Group is a clean energy communication consulting firm.
- Which is 1st Indian dairy company to enter into Rabobank’s annual listing of top 20 Global Dairy for the year 2020?
2) KSE Limited
4) Dudhsagar Dairy
5) AavinAnswer-3) Amul
Amul, Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) became the first Indian Dairy Company to enter Rabobank’s Annual listing of Global Dairy Top 20, 2020 Companies. Amul was ranked 16th with an annual turnover of USD 5.5 billion (approximately Rs 40,240 Crores). Rabobank is a Dutch multinational banking and financial services company. Switzerland’s Nestle topped the list with a turnover of USD 22.1 Billion, followed by France’s Lactalis with USD 21 Billion turnovers.
- Who heads the 6-member working group constituted by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) to study index linked products for life insurance companies?
1) Dinesh Pant
2) Y Srinivasa Rao
3) Manish Kumar
4) Jose C John
5) Anil Kumar SinghAnswer-1) Dinesh Pant
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) formed a 6-member working group headed by Dinesh Pant, appointed actuary of Life Insurance Corporation(LIC) to scrutinize various aspects for allowing the life insurance companies to offer index linked products.
- K Padmakar has been given additional charge as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of which public sector company?
1) Gas Authority of India Limited
2) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
3) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
4) National Highway Authority of India
5) Chennai Petroleum Corporation LimitedAnswer-2) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
K Padmakar, Director (HR) of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) has been given additional charge as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of BPCL until further orders by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. He succeeds D Rajkumar who superannuated after attaining 60 years on August 31, 2020. Ramamoorthy Ramachandran, director refineries also stepped down with D Rajkumar on the same day due to the same reason.
- Who has got 1-year extension as CMD of India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO)?
1) Jose C John
2) D Rajkumar
3) L C Goyal
4) R Ramachandran
5) LNK ChakravarthiAnswer-3) L C Goyal
Appointment Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the 1-year extension in the tenure of L C Goyal, as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO), the trade promotion agency of the ministry of Commerce and Industries. Goyal will hold the position for the extended period of 1 year from 1st September 2020 till 1st September 2021.
- Find the person who has become the 1st women director general of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security?
1) Sujatha Singh
2) Devyani Khobragade
3) Meera Shankar
4) Usha Padhee
5) Nirupama RaoAnswer-4) Usha Padhee
Usha Padhee, Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of 1996 batch from Odisha Cadre became the first Women and the third IAS officer to be appointed as the Director General(DG) of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security(BCAS), a security regulator of civil aviation industry in India under the Ministry of Civil Aviation. She succeeds Rakesh Asthana(IPS) who was appointed as the Director General of Border Security Force(BSF) on 17th August 2020.
- Cycling Federation of India (CFI) planned to host the first ever cycling summit in 2021 at which Indian city?
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)Answer-5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
Cycling Federation of India (CFI) is set to host the first ever Cycling Summit in 2021 in Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru. The one-day summit is designed with an aim to promote the culture of cycling and sharing of knowledge between beginner and professional cyclists. On 1st September 2020, CFI signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the 2021 summit with Contarctica, a marketing exploration firm.
- Which IIT has collaborated with Czech Republic’s University of Pardubice for data protection project?
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Gandhinagar
3) IIT Guwahati
4) IIT Delhi
5) IIT BhopalAnswer-3) IIT Guwahati
A Team of Researchers from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati have collaborated with University of Pardubice, Czech Republic to work towards developing indigenous algorithms to protect the Country’s digital data from cyber-attacks by advanced computers. The work has been published in the IEEE International Conference Radioelektronika (RADIOELEKTRONIKA). It received 3rd best paper award by IEEE Czechoslovakia Section based on its research contributions.
- Olympic Ski Champion Viktoria Rebensburg who announced retirement recently belongs to which country?
5) None of the AboveAnswer-3) Germany
Germany’s Olympic Ski Champion Viktoria Rebensburg announced her retirement from Alpine Skiing at the age of 30. Rebensburg was a German World Cup-winning Alpine Ski Racer. She won the Gold Medal in 2010 Winter Olympics held at Vancouver (Canada) in Giant Slalom, a discipline in Alpine Skiing. She won the Bronze Medal at the 2014 Winter Olympics held at Sochi(Russia) in Giant Slalom.
- Who authored the book named ‘The Commonwealth of Cricket: A Lifelong Love Affair with the Most Subtle and Sophisticated Game Known to Humankind’?
1) Sujit Mukherjee
2) Harsha Bhogle
3) Ed Smith
4) Ramachandra Guha
5) Alan RossAnswer-4) Ramachandra Guha
Indian writer Ramachandra Guha has authored a new book, ‘The Commonwealth of Cricket: A Lifelong Love Affair with the Most Subtle and Sophisticated Game Known to Humankind ‘. The book portrays the entire arc of the game(cricket) in India, across all levels at which it is played and gives a glimpse of local heroes, provincial emblems and international stars. The book will be co-published by HarperCollins India and William Collins.
- Who is the author of the book titled, “The One and Only Sparkella”?
1) Lena Dunham
2) Ben Affleck
3) Channing Tatum
4) Tom Hanks
5) Matt DamonAnswer-3) Channing Tatum
Hollywood Actor Channing Tatum (American) announced the release of his first book, a Children’s picture book titled “The One and Only Sparkella” dedicated to his daughter Everly. The book featuring the illustrations of Kim Barnes is set to be published by Feiwel & Friends on 4th May 2021. The book portrays a young girl Ella who likes sparkly things and gets teased at school and Ella’s father who teaches her to express and love herself.
- When was world coconut day observed annually (2020’s theme – “Invest in Coconut to save the world”)?
1) October 19
2) July 29
3) September 2
4) August 31
5) None of the AboveAnswer-3) September 2
World Coconut Day is observed annually on September 2 to create awareness about the importance, usage of coconut and its benefits across the world. The day is celebrated in Asian and Pacific regions to a large extent as they contain the world’s most coconut growing production centres. Theme of World Coconut Day 2020– “Invest in Coconut to save the world”.
- The National Small Industry Day is observed annually on __________.
1) August 31
2) September 3
3) August 30
4) September 2
5) August 29Answer-3) August 30
National Small Industry Day is observed annually on August 30 in our country. The day is observed to promote small industries across the country and recognizes the contribution made by small scale industries. To acknowledge the announcement of an extensive policy package for the small-scale industry in August 30,2000, the National Small Industry Day is observed every year on the same date. On 30 August 2001, the Ministry of Small-Scale Industries organised a Convention for all SSI Entrepreneurs.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- ‘Mussoorie’, the Queen of Hills located in which state/UT?
1) Jammu & Kashmir
5) ChhattisgarhAnswer-4) Uttarakhand
A study by the scientists at the Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) has found that 15 per cent of Mussoorie hill station in Uttarakhand and its surrounding area is highly susceptible to landslides. Mussoorie is located at a distance of 35 kms from Dehradun, Mussoorie is a wonderful hill station in Uttarakhand situated at a height of 2005 mts above the sea level. It is situated at the foothills of the Himalayas and is known as the Queen of the Hills.
- Parambikulam Tiger Reserve is located in which state?
2) Tamil Nadu
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) TelanganaAnswer-1) Kerala
The annual migration of butterflies from the hill ranges of the Eastern Ghats towards the Western Ghats has been observed earlier in 2020, being witnessed in the months of July and August. Usually, these butterflies breed during the southwest monsoon season on the eastern areas of South India and their progeny migrate back to the western ghats in October- November. The migration started early after a gap of eight years. The movement was observed towards the western ghats hill ranges, Nilgiris, the Anamalai Tiger Reserve, and Palani hills in Tamil Nadu and Parambikulam Tiger Reserve in Kerala. Parambikulam Tiger Reserve is a well-protected ecological portion in the Nelliampathy – Anamalai landscape of the Southern Western Ghats in India. It is located in the Palakkad District of Kerala. It was declared as Tiger Reserve during 2008-09.
- Kolleru Lake is located in which state?
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) West BengalAnswer-4) Andhra Pradesh
Kolleru Lake is one of the largest freshwater lakes in India located in state of Andhra Pradesh and forms the largest shallow freshwater lake in Asia, 15 kilometers away from the Eluru and 65km from Rajamahendravaram. Kolleru is located between Krishna and Godavari deltas.
- The headquarters of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) located at which city?
5) KolkataAnswer-3) Hyderabad
The headquarters of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) located at Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Who is the administrator of UT of Lakshadweep?
1) V.P. Singh Badnore
2) Dineshwar Sharma
3) Praful Patel
4) Kiran Bedi
5) Devendra Kumar JoshiAnswer-2) Dineshwar Sharma
Dineshwar Sharma is the present administrator of UT of Lakshadweep.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification