AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 October 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which ministry has organized webinar titled ‘Swachhata Ke 6 Saal, Bemisaal’ recently?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Finance
3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
4) Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Minority AffairsAnswer- 4) Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) organized a webinar titled ‘Swachhata Ke 6 Saal, Bemisaal’ to celebrate the 6th anniversary of Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban (SBM-U). The webinar was chaired by Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (I/C), MoHUA with Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, MoHUA and Kamran Rizvi, Additional Secretary, MoHUA.
- Who inaugurated 23 road and bridges projects worth Rs. 73 crores in Jammu & Kashmir recently?
1) Jitendra Singh
2) Jual Oram
3) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
4) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
5) Arjun MundaAnswer-1) Jitendra Singh
Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State(MoS) (Independent Charge), Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space inaugurated 23 roads and bridges projects worth Rs.73 Crore in Kathua, Doda, Udhampur and Reasi of Jammu region over a virtual platform. He also informed that around 1150 kilometres of roads were built in this fiscal till date. These 23 projects include 15 roads which are built under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) for all weather connectivity and 8 bridges to provide better connectivity to the people.
- Which state government has launched ‘Pathashree Abhijan’ scheme for road repair?
3) West Bengal
5) HaryanaAnswer-3) West Bengal
West Bengal (WB) Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee launched ‘Pathashree Abhijan’ scheme for Road Repair. The scheme has been launched to repair 7, 000 stretches of road which includes 12, 000 kilometers of road in a time-bound manner. An amount of INR 500 Crores has been allocated for the scheme, and the works will be finished by December-January, 2021.
- Which country has committed USD 1.9 million to India to support informal sector workers, micro enterprises?
2) United States
5) IranAnswer- 2) United States
United States (US) committed USD 1.9 Million (approximately INR 14 Crores) to support informal workers, whose lives have been affected due to COVID-19. The Financial Assistance has been extended by the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Which bank has introduced Kisan credit card loan scheme for fishermen in Tamil Nadu?
1) State Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Canara Bank
4) United Bank of India
5) Indian BankAnswer-5) Indian Bank
Indian Bank introduced Kisan credit card loan scheme for fishermen in Tamil Nadu. Under this scheme, loans up to Rs 2 lakh as working capital can be availed with 7% interest rate. This loan will be provided under the MUDRA scheme. The borrowers will be given a Rupay Kisan Credit Card. Note– Fishermen with mechanised boat details can submit the application through the Fisheries Department.
- How much was allocated by NABARD for special refinance scheme to support the government’s WASH programme for FY21?
1) Rs 800 crore
2) Rs 700 Crore
3) Rs 500 Crore
4) Rs 600 Crore
5) Rs 400 CroreAnswer-1) Rs 800 crore
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) launched a special refinance scheme to support the government’s Water, Sanitisation and Hygiene (WASH) programme. For this purpose, Rs 800 crore has been earmarked for the financial year 2020-21. This facility is an effort to promote a sustainable and healthy lifestyle in rural areas.
- The BIAL and Virgin hyperloop has signed MoU to conduct a feasibility study for Hyperloop corridor from which airport?
1) Kempegowda International Airport (KIA)
2) Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport (LGBIA)
3) Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA)
4) Jay Prakash Narayan International Airport (JPNIA)
5) Cochin International Airport (CIA)Answer-1) Kempegowda International Airport (KIA)
Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) and Virgin Hyperloop signed a first-of-its-kind Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) to conduct a feasibility study for Hyperloop corridor from Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru (KIAB/BLR airport). The partnership will examine the feasibility of a mass transit system that enables people to travel in 10 minutes from BLR airport to the city center. If this project succeeds, this will be India’s 1st hyperloop transportation system.
- Who heads the 3-member interim committee of directors constituted by RBI to run Dhanlaxmi bank?
1) P.K Vijayakumar
2) G. Rajagopalan Nair
3) G. Subramonia Iyer
4) A.K. Misra
5) None of the AboveAnswer-3) G. Subramonia Iyer
The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) approved a 3-member interim Committee of Directors (CoD) to exercise the powers of Managing Director(MD) & Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd till a new MD & CEO takes charge. G. Subramonia Iyer will head(Chairman) the CoD, G. Rajagopalan Nair and P.K Vijayakumar will serve as its members.
- Who has been chosen as the recipient of the “2020 Gandhi Award” of Mahatma Gandhi National Foundation (MGNF)?
1) Sanjay Singh
2) Narayana Kurup
3) M Venkaiah Naidu
4) Jayashankar Menon
5) Eby J JoseAnswer-1) Sanjay Singh
Eby J Jose, Chairman of Mahatma Gandhi National Foundation (MGNF) announced that Sanjay Singh, Member of Parliament (MP) of Rajya Sabha and the leader of Aam Aadmi Party(AAP) has been chosen as the recipient of the “2020 Gandhi Award”. He was recognized with the award for being instrumental in the diplomatic intervention of India to remove the image of Mahatma Gandhi on the beer bottles of Malka brewery, an Israeli private company. M Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India will present the 2020 Gandhi Award to Sanjay over an award ceremony at New Delhi in January 2021.
- Name the Chemicals and Fertilizers minister of India who addressed the “CII Life Science Conclave 2020” recently.
1) Narendra Singh Tomar
2) Thaawar Chand Gehlot
3) Ram Vilas Paswan
4) D.V. Sadananda Gowda
5) Ravi Shankar PrasadAnswer-4) D.V. Sadananda Gowda
Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers, Sadananda Gowda addressed the “CII Life Science Conclave 2020” through virtual mode. The Conclave was organized by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). The Theme of Life Sciences Conclave 2020 is – “Energizing Make in India through Life Sciences Sector”. It is the 17th Edition of Pharmaceutical conclave and 4th Edition of Biotechnology conclave. It is a convergence of pharma and biotech sectors. The Indian Pharma Sector is expected to grow into a 65-Billion-Dollar industry by 2024 and 120 Billion Dollar industry by 2030.
- Who represented India at 25th anniversary of the Fourth World Conference on Women (FWCW) – Beijing +25 virtually?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Pralhad Joshi
3) Nitin Gadkari
4) Smriti Irani
5) Pralhad Singh PatelAnswer-4) Smriti Irani
Union Minister Smriti Zubin Irani, Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) addressed the High-level meeting on the 25th anniversary of the Fourth World Conference on Women (FWCW) – Beijing +25 virtually. The theme of the event was “Accelerating the realisation of gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls”. During the conference, it was announced that India is committed to full and effective implementation of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action.
- Who led Indian delegation at 19th round of Foreign Office Consultations (FOC) between India and Myanmar?
1) Lalit Mansingh
2) P. Kumaran
3) Harsh Vardhan Shringla
4) AK Singh
5) Navtej SarnaAnswer-3) Harsh Vardhan Shringla
The 19th round of Foreign Office Consultations (FOC) between India and Myanmar was held virtually to review the entire gamut of relations, including border cooperation and the ongoing restoration work on earthquake damaged pagodas in Bagan. The Indian delegation was led by Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla and the Myanmar delegation was led by Permanent Secretary, U Soe Han. Notably, Myanmar is one of India’s strategic neighbours and shares a 1,640-km-long border with a number of northeastern states. Apart from the above FOC, a webinar was organised between both nations on the Kaladan multimodal project to discuss the scope and scale for accelerating diplomatic efforts for the successful implementation of the Kaladan project. It was organised by CUTS International located in Jaipur, Rajasthan. The Kaladan project is the first cross-border project that India had initiated for the betterment of connectivity of its northeast region. The Government of Myanmar provides land and security while the cost is borne by India.
- Which company planned to invest Rs. 6247.50 Crore for 1.4% Stake in Reliance Retail Ventures Limited (RRVL)?
4) Silver Lake
5) KKRAnswer-2) Mubadala
Mubadala Investment Company(Mubadala), Abu Dhabi based sovereign wealth fund, invested Rs.6247.50 crore for 1.4% stake in the Reliance Retail Ventures Limited(RRVL), a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited. This investment of Mabadala marks the 5th investment into RRVL. This is Mubadala’s second investment into RIL following its Rs. 9,093.60 crore investment for 1.85% stake in Jio Platform.
- How much worth contract was signed by Ministry of Defence with Economic Explosive Ltd (EEL) for supply of Multi-Mode Hand Grenades to the Indian Army?
1) Rs. 740 Crores
2) Rs. 915 Crores
3) Rs. 340 Crores
4) Rs. 409 Crores
5) Rs. 923 CroresAnswer-4) Rs. 409 Crores
Acquisition Wing of Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed a contract with private company Economic Explosive Ltd (EEL) for supply of 10,00,000 Multi-Mode Hand Grenades to the Indian Army at an approximate cost of Rs. 409 Crores. Notably, these grenades will replace the hand grenade design of World War-II vintage. These grenades have been designed by Chandigarh based Terminal Ballistic Research Laboratories (TBRL) of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and are being produced by EEL, Nagpur.
- The cabinet committee on security (CCS) approved the proposal for establishment of ASCON phase IV network recently. The CCS is chaired by whom?
1) Finance Minister of India
2) Home Minister of India
3) Defence Minister of India
4) Prime Minister of India
5) President of IndiaAnswer-4) Prime Minister of India
Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) approved proposal for establishment of Army Static Switched Communication Network (ASCON) Phase IV Network worth INR 7796.39 Crore (approximately). It will be implemented by Public Sector Firm Indian Telephone Industries Limited (ITI), Department of Telecommunication, Ministry of Communications (MOC) and will become operational in 3 years. The CCS is chaired by the Prime Minister of India. The CCS consists of the following members: Narendra Modi, Prime Minister. Amit Shah, Minister of Home Affairs.
- The department of Defence of ‘which’ country has approved India’s request to buy USD 90 million worth of equipment, spare parts for C-130J Super Hercules cargo aircraft?
2) United States
5) Saudi ArabiaAnswer- 2) United States
United States (US) Department of Defence i.e. The Pentagon has approved India’s request to buy USD 90 million worth of equipment, spare parts and logistical support for its fleet of C-130J Super Hercules cargo aircraft, procured from the US. The sale would be executed by defence major Lockheed-Martin. The decision behind this proposed sale is to effectively serve the needs of the Indian Air Force (IAF), in transport requirements, humanitarian assistance and regional disaster relief. The IAF currently operates a fleet of five C-130J-30s and has placed order for additional six C-130J-30s Super Hercules aircraft. It is to be noted that India is one of the 17 countries to whom the US has sold its C-130J Super Hercules aircraft.
- ISRO plans to launch Venus mission named “Shukrayaan-1” by which year?
5) 2023Answer-4) 2025
ISRO is all set to launch its first Venus mission “Shukrayaan-1” in 2025 with participation of French space agency CNES (National Centre for Space Studies; French: Centre national d’etudes spatiales). In this regard, ISRO has selected the VIRAL (Venus Infrared Atmospheric Gases Linker) instrument co-developed with the Russian federal space agency Roscosmos and the LATMOS (Atmospheres, Milieux, Observations Spatiales Laborator) attached to the CNRS. Notably this will be the first time a French payload will be flown on an Indian exploration mission.
- GS Amur who passed away recently is a renowned _________.
5) WriterAnswer-5) Writer
Veteran Kannada writer and noted critic of both Kannada & English literature GS Amur passed away at the age of 95 in his residence in Bengaluru, Karnataka due to age related ailments. He was born in 1925 in Bommanahalli, Dharwad, Karnataka.
- International Day of Non-Violence 2020 was observed annually on ________.
1) October 3
2) October 2
3) September 30
4) October 1
5) September 29Answer- 2) October 2
The United Nations (UN) International Day of Non-Violence is observed annually on October 2, the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, the leader of the Indian independence movement and pioneer of the philosophy and strategy of non-violence. The day is observed to spread the message of non-violence, including through education and public awareness. In India, to mark the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, Gandhi Jayanti is celebrated. This year (2020) marks the 151st birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The scientists of which institute has discovered 2 new species of wetland plants (Eriocaulon parvicephalum & Eriocaulon karaavalense) in Western Ghats?
1) Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeobotany, Lucknow
2) Agharkar Research Institute, Pune
3) Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CeNS), Bengaluru
4) Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational-Sciences, Nanital
5) Bose Institute, KolkataAnswer- 2) Agharkar Research Institute, Pune
Scientists of Agharkar Research Institute (ARI) have discovered two new species of pipewort, a type of wetland plants in the areas along the Western Ghats in Maharashtra and Karnataka The species found in Sindhudurg in Maharashtra is named Eriocaulon parvicephalum and the species found Kumta in Karnataka is named Eriocaulon karaavalense.
- Which organization of Indian railways developed Freight Business Development (FBD) portal exclusively for freight clients?
1) Centre for Railway Research
2) Centre for Railway Information Systems
3) Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India
4) IRCON International
5) Indian Railway Finance CorporationAnswer-2) Centre for Railway Information Systems
Indian Railways (IR) launched Freight Business Development (FBD) (https://fois.indianrail.gov.in/RailSAHAY/) exclusively for freight clients. The Portal has been developed by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS). Indian Railways has launched the portal to maximize its revenues from freight operations.
- Which state government has launched ‘Kritagyata’ portal for the convenience of pensioners?
5) NagalandAnswer- 3) Assam
Chief Minister (CM) of Assam, Sarbananda Sonowal launched an on-line pension submission and tracking system “Kritagyata” during a function held at Assam Administrative Staff College in Guwahati. Created on the lines of “Bhabhisya” portal of Government of India, Kritagyata is first portal of its kind among all the states in the country for the convenience of pensioners by expediting their pension-related claims. Assam Police celebrated its 70th foundation day, i.e. Assam Police Day on October 1, 2020. On this occasion Sarbananda Sonowal launched a month-long “CyberSafety” campaign to raise awareness on cybercrimes and safety. It will be jointly conducted by the Assam Police and cyber-security think tank Cyber Peace Foundation (CPF).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the present Communication minister of India?
1) Harsh Vardhan
2) RS Prasad
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Piyush Goyal
5) RajNath SinghAnswer-2) RS Prasad
Ravi Shankar Prasad is the present communication minister of India. Ministry of Communications is a union ministerial agency under the Government of India responsible for telecommunications and postal service.
- Who is the current MD&CEO of Indian Bank?
1) T.N. Manoharan
2) L.V. Prabhakar
3) S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
4) Padmaja Chunduru
5) Rajnish KumarAnswer-4) Padmaja Chunduru
Padmaja Chunduru is the present Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Chennai headquartered Indian Bank.
- Where is the HQ of Dhanlaxmi Bank located?
1) Thrissur, Kerala
2) Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu
3) Aluva, Kerala
4) Karur, Tamil Nadu
5) Cochin, KeralaAnswer- 1) Thrissur, Kerala
The headquarters of Dhanlaxmi bank is located at Thrissur, Kerala.
- Salim Ali national park is located in which state/UT?
2) Himachal Pradesh
3) Jammu & Kashmir
5) LadakhAnswer-3) Jammu & Kashmir
Salim Ali National Park or City Forest National Park was a national park located in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India. It covered an area of 9.07 km2. Notified in 1986, the name of the park commemorated the Indian ornithologist Salim Ali.
- Durgapur steel thermal power station is located in which state?
3) West Bengal
5) HaryanaAnswer-3) West Bengal
Durgapur Steel Thermal Power Station is a coal-based thermal power plant located near Durgapur city in Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal. The power plant is operated by the Damodar Valley Corporation.