AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 November 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
Our Current Affairs November 2020 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
Date-Wise Current Affairs November 2020 PDF(Content & Q&A) for Paid Users – Click Here to Know More
Questions Based on Current Affairs 3 November 2020
- India’s first ever e-resource centre ‘Nyay Kaushal’ has been inaugurated (October 31, 2020) in which State/UT?
4) Tamil Nadu
5) GujaratAnswer-2) Maharashtra
Chief Justice of India (CJI) Sharad Arvind Bobde inaugurated ‘Nyay Kaushal’ – India’s first ever E-resource centre and a virtual court for the Maharashtra Transport and Traffic Department at Judicial Officers Training Institute in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
Nyay Kaushal will facilitate electronic-filing of cases in Supreme Court, High Court and district courts across the country. The virtual court will deal with all traffic challan cases from every corner of Maharashtra online.
- Which State launched fortified rice distribution & Swami Atmanand Government English Medium School Scheme on Nov 1,2020 ?
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-3) Chhattisgarh
On the occasion of statehood day (Rajyotsav) of Chhattisgarh i.e. on November 1, 2020, the state’s Chief Minister (CM) Bhupesh Baghel virtually launched welfare initiatives which include two key schemes viz. distribution of fortified rice through Public Distribution System (PDS) and Swami Atmanand Government English Medium School Scheme. The CM also felicitated 30 individuals and three organisations with ‘Rajya Alankaran Samman’ (state awards) for their exemplary contribution in 24 different disciplines. Notably, Chhattisgarh came into existence on November 1, 2000 after the bifurcation of Madhya Pradesh (MP). The fortified rice distribution scheme will be launched on pilot basis in Kondagaon district of the state which will aid in checking malnutrition and anemia. The Rs 130 crore Swami Atmanand Government English Medium School Scheme for setting up of English medium schools which aims at providing education in English to the children.
- Union minister Jitendra Singh laid foundation stone of ‘Comprehensive Mansar Rejuvenation/Development Plan’ recently. The Mansar is the lake located in which state/UT?
5) Jammu and KashmirAnswer-5) Jammu and Kashmir
Jitendra Singh, Union MoS(Minister of State) PMO(Prime Minister’s Office), Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space laid foundation stone of ‘Comprehensive Mansar Rejuvenation/Development Plan’ in Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir(J&K) worth Rs.198.37 Crores through virtual mode. The plan aims to boost the socio-economic development of Jammu region. The plan includes upgradation of existing facilities and development of new projects.
- Name the initiative which was launched by Telangana government to address the issues faced by farmers.
1) Rythu Bandhu
2) Rythu Bharosa
3) Rythu Vedika
4) Rythu Kakatiya
5) Rythu KanukaAnswer-3) Rythu Vedika
The Chief Minister (CM) of Telangana, Kalvakuntla Chandrashekhar Rao, inaugurated the state’s first Rythu Vedika at Kondakandla village in Jangaon district of Telangana. Rythu Vedika is Telangana government’s initiative to address the issues faced by farmers by bringing them under one platform and help them to attain higher returns. The state has earmarked Rs 572.22 crores towards the total construction cost at Rs 22 lakh per Rythu Vedika. Mission Bhagiratha will provide tap water to Rythu Vedikas. Each Rythu Vedika will have two rooms and two toilets with a plinth area of 2,046 sq feet. Notably, Telangana is the only state which is purchasing grains from the farmers directly that will also help them in the long run.
- Central Government provided what amount to Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) in order to meet regulatory Capital requirement (November, 2020)?
1) 760 crore
2) 800 crore
3) 500 crore
4) 670 crore
5) 600 croreAnswer-4) 670 crore
On November 1, 2020, the Central Government has provided Rs 670 crore to Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) in order to raise the Capital to Risk (Weighted) Assets Ratio (CRAR) of about one-third of the 43 RRBs who are suffering losses especially from north-eastern and eastern regions and need funds to meet regulatory capital requirement of 9%. This infusion would take care of their capital needs till March 31, 2021. As of end March 2020, 17 out of the 45 RRBs had CRAR of less than 9%, of which six RRBs had negative CRAR.
In accordance with National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), RRBs as a group reported net loss of Rs 2,206 crore in the FY20, as against Rs 652-crore net loss in FY19. As per the current scheme for recapitalisation of RRBs, the Centre, concerned state governments and the sponsor banks provides capital support in the ratio of 50:15:35, respectively to enable them to meet the regulatory requirement of CRAR.
- Which Indian Institute signed a MoU with Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) to develop hydrogen generation technology for the production of fuel cell-grade hydrogen at an economical price?
1) Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru
2) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay
3) Pandit Deen Dayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar
4) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras
5) University of petroleum and energy studies, DehradunAnswer-1) Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru and the Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). MoU was signed to develop and demonstrate biomass gasification-based hydrogen generation technology to produce fuel cell-grade hydrogen at an economical price.
- Which Company signed a MoU with CSIR-CSIO (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research – Central Scientific Instruments Organisation) for futuristic solutions for defence and aerospace, healthcare and agriculture industries?
1) Dynamic Technologies Pvt. Ltd
2) Bharat Dynamics Ltd
3) Aerospace Technologies Ltd
4) Avaada Power Pvt. Ltd
5) Robonatics TechnologyAnswer-1) Dynamatic Technologies Ltd
Bangalore-based Dynamatic Technologies Ltd and CSIR-CSIO (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research – Central Scientific Instruments Organisation) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for designing, developing and manufacturing futuristic solutions for defence and aerospace, healthcare and agriculture industries. The partnership with CSIO is aligned to Government of India’s vision of Atma Nirbhar Bharat. The MoU will develop collaborative activities in research areas of Multi-spectral surveillance payloads of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS).
- The Ministry of AYUSH collaborated with which organization to set up “Strategic Policy & Facilitation Bureau (SPFB)” for planned and systematic growth of AYUSH Sector?
1) Startup India
2) NITI Aayog
3) Invest India
4) Confederation of Indian industry (CII)
5) Federation of Indian Commerce and Industries (FICCI)Answer-3) Invest India
The Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) and Invest India will collaborate to set up a strategic policy unit called “Strategic Policy & Facilitation Bureau (SPFB)” to facilitate planned and systematic growth of Ayush Sector means SPFB Bureau will support the AYUSH ministry in strategic and policy making initiatives. Both entities will frame the work plan of the Bureau and define its short-and long-term targets.
- Who has won the Emmett Leahy Award 2020?
1) Charanjit Attra
2) Dinesh Katre
3) Vijay P Bhatkar
4) Dinesh Kumar Khara
5) Ravi SolankiAnswer-2) Dinesh Katre
Dr. Dinesh Katre, Senior Director & Head of Department (HOD), Human-Centred Design and Computing Group, Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Pune won the Emmett Leahy Award for 2020. Dr. Vijay P Bhatkar Founder Executive Director of C-DAC and Chancellor of Nalanda University presented the award to Dinesh Katre. He was honoured with the award for his sustained leadership on the issues of digital stewardship and preservation over the past years. He led the team that developed Digitalaya, e-library and Archiving system.
- Scientists from National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources (NBFGR) have discovered two new species of Shrimps from the coral reefs in which Indian Island?
1) Radha Nagar Beach
2) Barren Island
3) Minicoy Island
4) Kadmat Island
5) Agatti IslandAnswer-5) Agatti Island
Scientists associated with the National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources (NBFGR) have discovered two new species of Shrimps from the coral reefs in Agatti island of Lakshadweep islands, India. The two species were named Periclimenella agatti and Urocaridella arabianesis after the Agatti Island and Arabian Sea respectively.
The scientists have also found two new records of hippolytoid shrimps, Lysmata hochi Baeza & Anker, 2008 (Decapoda: Lysmatidae) and Lysmata amboinensis (de Man, 1888) from Lakshadweep Islands, India with more taxonomic information. The findings of the research are published in the Zootaxa, an international peer-reviewed journal.
- Lewis Hamilton won the 2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix (F-1 Emirates Gran Premio dell’Emilia Romagna 2020) recently. He represents which Brand?
5) Alpha TauriAnswer-2) Mercedes
British Driver Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) won the 2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix (officially known as the Formula 1 Emirates Gran Premio dell’Emilia Romagna 2020) held at Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari in Imola, Italy. This was Hamilton’s record extending 93rd F1 victory. The Championships are organized by Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA). Finland Driver Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) finished second, while Australia’s Daniel Ricciardo (Renault) finished third. The One-Two Finish of Mercedes drivers gave the Mercedes team their 7th Successive Formula One Constructors title, which is a new all-time record. It was the 13th round of the 2020 Formula One World Championship.
- Who authored the book titled “Pandemonium: The Great Indian Banking Tragedy”?
1) Pradeep Srivastava
2) Sarbpreet Singh
3) Tamal Bandyopadhyay
4) Anand Neelakantan
5) Vikas KhannaAnswer-3) Tamal Bandyopadhyay
“Pandemonium: The Great Indian Banking Tragedy” authored by Tamal Bandyopadhyay provides an insider perspective on the forces that are restructuring the banking system in India, Asia’s 3rd largest economy. This book, published by Roli Books, provides an understanding about the challenges and economic potential of India.
It is set to release in November 2020.
- Who has written the book named ‘Till We Win’ – India’s Fight Against COVID-19 Pandemic (both author & co-author)?
1) Randeep Guleria
2) Gagandeep Kang
3) Chandrakant Lahariya
4) None of these
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
‘Till We Win’ – India’s Fight Against COVID-19 Pandemic – a New book written by AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) New Delhi, Director, Randeep Guleria and co-written by Chandrakant Lahariya, who is a leading public policy and health systems expert and Gagandeep Kang, a renowned vaccine researcher and virologist is set to be released in November, 2020. The book will provide a definitive account of India’s fight against COVID-19 and how to deal with the pandemic in the coming days.
- R. Doraikkannu who passed away recently was the Agriculture Minister of which state?
3) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
5) TelanganaAnswer-4) Tamil Nadu
R. Doraikkannu, Agriculture Minister of Tamil Nadu (TN) and a member of All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam(AIADMK) passed away at the age of 72 at a private Hospital in Chennai. He died due to COVID-19 related complications. He hails from Rajagiri near Papanasam in Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu.
- Sir Thomas Sean Connery who passed away recently was a renowned ______________.
5) SingerAnswer-2) Actor
Sir Thomas Sean Connery, Scottish actor who portrayed James Bond, fictional British secret agent in film in 7 bond films between 1962 and 1983 passed away at the age of 90 in Nassau, The Bahamas(officially- The Commonwealth of The Bahamas). He is the first actor to play James Bond on the big screen. He was born on 25th August 1930 at Edinburgh, Scotland. He received Academy Awards (Oscar) for the films the Untouchables (1987) and the Name of the Rose (1986).
- Which day is observed as World Vegan Day?
1) October 31
2) November 1
3) November 2
4) November 3
5) November 4Answer-2) November 1
World Vegan Day is observed annually on November 1 all over the world to encourage people to follow a vegan lifestyle which is not only for the welfare of animals but also for an environment. It is celebrated by organizing a number of festivals and exhibitions by vegan societies. This day also marks the founding day of The Vegan Society in the United Kingdom (UK) which was established in 1944. The day was mooted by Louise Wallis, the then Chair of The Vegan Society during the commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the Society, which also marks its first observance.
- The United Nations (UN) observes which day as International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists (IDEI)?
1) October 30
2) November 1
3) November 2
4) November 3
5) October 31Answer-3) November 2
The United Nations (UN) International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists (IDEI) is observed annually across the globe on November 2 to end impunity (exemption from punishment from the injurious consequences of an action) for crimes against journalists. The day also aims to raise awareness about all attacks against journalists and media workers. The date, November 2 was chosen to commemorate the assassination of 2 French journalists namely, Ghislaine Dupont and Claude Verlon in Mali on November 2, 2013.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Guru Ghasidas Tiger Reserve is located in which Indian state/UT?
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) OdishaAnswer-4) Chhattisgarh
Guru Ghasidas Park also known as Sanjay National Park is located in Chhattisgarh. Chhattisgarh government announced that the state is set to have Guru Ghasidas National Park in Kotiya district as its fourth ‘tiger reserve’. This decision was taken in 11th meeting of Chhattisgarh State Wildlife Board chaired by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel. The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) had approved to declare Guru Ghasidas National Park as a tiger reserve in 2014.
- Ramnagar Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state/UT?
1) Uttar Pradesh
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) Jammu & KashmirAnswer-5) Jammu & Kashmir
Ramnagar Wildlife Sanctuary is situated in Jammu in India and is unfold over a distance of 31 km rick conifer Himalayan terrain. One can spot uncommon animals at this country wide park which becomes its uniqueness. Many mammals and bird species can be visible while you set out for a safari on the exterior of this stunning natural world sanctuary. Musk deer, brown bears, leopards may be visible roaming at this sanctuary. The white checked Indian Mynah, bulbul, Black rock pigeon, Red Jungle hen, Golden Orioles and the colored multi-hued shaded birds also are a treat for the eyes.
- Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park is located in which state/UT?
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) OdishaAnswer-4) Telangana
Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park is a deer national park located in Vanasthalipuram, Saheb Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana, India. It is spread over 13,758 acres. It is the largest green lung space in the city of Hyderabad.
- Agatti Island belongs to which Union Territory of India?
1) Andaman & Nicobar
2) Daman & Diu
4) Dadra & Nagar Haveli
5) Daman & DiuAnswer-3) Lakshadweep
Agatti Island is a 7.6 km long island, situated on a coral atoll called Agatti atoll in the Union Territory of Lakshadweep, India. It is 2,034 km south of the city of Delhi.
- What is currency of Italy?
5) PoundAnswer-4) Euro
The Capital and currency of ‘Italy’ are ‘Rome’ & ‘Euro respectively.
The lira was the official unit of currency in Italy until 1 January 1999, when it was replaced by the euro (euro coins and notes were not introduced until 2002).
- What is the share percent of Sponsor bank in Regional Rural Banks (RRBs)?
5) 50Answer-3) 35
As per the current scheme for recapitalisation of RRBs, the Centre, concerned state governments and the sponsor banks provides capital support in the ratio of 50:15:35, respectively to enable them to meet the regulatory requirement of CRAR.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification