AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 May 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The saffron cultivated and harvested in the Karewa (highlands) of which Indian state/UT has got GI tag recently?
2) Jammu & Kashmir
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer-2) Jammu & Kashmir
After chak-hao, the black rice of Manipur, Gorakhpur terracotta &Kovilpattikadalai-mittai, the Kashmir saffron cultivated and harvested in the Karewa (highlands) of Jammu and Kashmir gets Geographical Indication(GI) tag by the Geographical Indications Registry. Iran is the largest producer of saffron in the world.
- Which Indian state has presented Rs 2,11,761 crore state budget for 2020-21 recently (by state’s finance minister and Deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi)?
The government of Bihar led by Chief Minister (CM) Nitish Kumar presented Rs 2,11,761 crore state budget for 2020-21 with a special emphasis on education, health and infrastructure. It was presented by the state’s finance minister and Deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi, which was his 11th Budget speech. The proposed allocations were Rs 11,260.48 crore more than the FY 2019-20.
- What will be the financial grant that was approved by world bank for multi-year financial support to India to enhance and safeguard its coastal & marine resources (in USD)?
1) 300 million
2) 250 million
3) 400 million
4) 500 million
5) 350 million
Answer-3) 400 million
The World Bank ‘s Board of Executive Directors has approved a USD 400 million multi-year financial support to help India enhance its coastal & marine resources, protect marine resources & coastal populations from pollution, erosion, sea-level rise, and improve livelihood opportunities for coastal communities over the next decade.
- Ramesh Babu V has been appointed as the Director of operations of which Indian public sector company?
1) National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
2) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
3) Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
4) Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
5) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
Answer-1) National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
State-owned power giant NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation Limited) appointed Ramesh Babu V as director (operations). He was the successor of Prakash Tiwari who retired on April 30, 2020.
- The Union Communications and Electronics & IT minister has participated the Extraordinary virtual ‘G20 Digital Economy Ministers’ meeting recently. Who is the present Communications and Electronics & IT minister of India?
1) Hardeep Singh Puri
2) Harsh Vardhan
3) Nitin Gadkari
4) Ravi Shankar Prasad
5) Narendra Modi
Answer-4) Ravi Shankar Prasad
Extraordinary Virtual G20 Digital Economy Ministers meeting was held to discuss the challenges posed by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic and to forge a global coordinated response harnessing Digital Technologies. The meeting was attended by Digital Ministers of G20 Members, invited countries and International Organizations.India was represented by Union Minister for Law & Justice, Communications and Electronics & IT Ravi Shankar Prasad.
- The Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) has postponed the 7th season of Commonwealth games from 2021 to 2023. Where is HQ of CGF located?
1) New Delhi
Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF), the organisation responsible for the control of the Commonwealth Games, has postponed the proposed 7th season of Commonwealth Youth Games 2021 to 2023 following a clash with Tokyo Olympic 2020 dates postponed by a year due to the coronavirus (Covid-19) epidemic.It is to be noted that Commonwealth Youth Games were scheduled to take place from August 1 – 7 2021 in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. HQ of CGF at London, UK.
- Odisha’s Bijay Mishra who passed away recently is _______.
4) Social Activist
Noted playwright, dramatist, scriptwriter and film director Bijay Mishra of Odisha passed away at the age of 83 due to age-related ailments in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. He was born at Santaragadia village in Balasore district, Odisha on July 16, 1936.
- When was Ayushman Bharat Diwas celebrated annually?
1) 30th April
2) 2nd May
3) 23rd April
4) 31st March
5) 29th May
Answer-1) 30th April
As part of Gram Swaraj Abhiyan, Ayushman Bharat Diwas is celebrated across the country every year on 30th April, to mark the start of Ayushman Bharat(AB) Yojana, which is also referred as AB-National Health Protection Scheme(AB-NHPM) or ModiCare or AB-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(AB-PMJAY) by Prime Minister(PM) Narendra Modi on April 30,2018.
- Which among the following day was observed annually on May 2 since 2017?
1) World Tiger Day
2) World Tuna Day
3) World Dolphin Day
4) World Shark Day
5) World Elephant Day
Answer-2) World Tuna Day
World Tuna Day is observed on May 2 every year. The United Nations (UN) established the World Tuna Day to raise awareness about the tuna fish and its importance to humans and earth. The day is observed to promote more sustainable fishing practices.In December 2016, the United Nations General Assembly voted to officially observe the World Tuna Day in its resolution 71/124 and the day was observed for the first time in 2017.
- The International Astronomy Day of spring season for 2020 was observed on May 2. In which year the International Year of Astronomy (IYA) launched by International Astronomical Union (IAU) observed?
The International Astronomy Day is celebrated twice a year (bi-annual), once in the spring(in 2020- May 2) & another in autumn(in 2020- September 26).The International Astronomical Union(IAU) launched 2009 as the International Year of Astronomy(IYA) under the theme The Universe, Yours to Discover.
- When was International Guide Dog Day 2020 observed?
1) April 28
2) April 27
3) April 29
4) April 30
5) April 25
Answer-3) April 29
International Guide Dog Day 2020 is observed on April 29 (every year last Wednesday of April). The main aim of this day is to create awareness about guide dogs and honor for supporting visually impaired people as faithful companions. This day was designated by International Guide Dog Federation (IGDF). Johann Wilhelm Klein who created the idea of guide dog.
- Which centre of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) has developed “Kisan Sabha” App?
1) Indian Institute of Chemical Technology(CSIR-IICT)
2) Institute of Microbial Technology (CSIR-IMTECH)
3) National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-NEERI)
4) Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIR-CSIO)
5) Central Road Research Institute (CSIR-CRRI)
Answer-5) CSIR-Central Road Research Institute (CSIR-CRRI)
Dr.Trilochan Mohapatra, Director General(DG), Indian Council of Agricultural Research(ICAR) and Secretary Department of Agriculture Research Education(DARE), remotely launched the Kisan Sabha app developed by CSIR-Central Road Research Institute (CSIR-CRRI), New Delhi to connect with the supply chain and Freight Transportation Management System for the farmers trying to reach the market, seed/fertilizer procurements to make timely delivery of the produce during the COVID-19 pandemic.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Ministry of Development of the North Eastern Region (DoNER) has directed Arunachal Pradesh to involve Chakmas, Hajongs tribes in COVID-19 relief plan. Who is the Minister of DoNER (MoS – I/C)?
1) Jitendra Singh
3) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
4) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
5) Arjun Munda
Answer-1) Jitendra Singh
The Ministry of Development of the North Eastern Region (DoNER) has directed the Arunachal Pradesh government to include the Chakma and Hajong communities in the COVID-19 relief programme. The Minister of State (I/C) for DoNER is Jitendra Singh.
- Socotra archipelago is the UNESCO heritage site located in which country?
Explosions rocked Yemen’s Socotra archipelago, a UNESCO World Heritage site, recently, as an armed unit funded by the United Arab Emirates fought to wrest control of the provincial capital Hadebo, the former prime minister and witnesses said.
- Valmiki national park is located in which state?
2) Arunachal Pradesh
3) West Bengal
Valmiki national park is located in Bihar.
- Where is the HQ of International Astronomical Unit (IAU) located?
5) New York
The International Astronomical Unit was headquartered at Paris, France.
- Where is the HQ of Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) located?
The HQ of Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) located at Rome, Italy.