AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where is National Stock Exchange of India Ltd (NSE India) planning (as of Mar’21) to set up a market infrastructure institution consisting of an International Bullion Exchange (IBX)?
2) New Delhi
3) West Bengal
4) Tamil Nadu
5) GujaratAnswer-5) Gujarat
The National Stock Exchange of India Limited (NSE India) signed MoUs with various organisations to set up a market infrastructure institution which consists of International Bullion Exchange (IBX), clearing corporation and depository, at the Gujarat International Finance Tec (GIFT) City in Gujarat. IBX is a precious metals dealer, that provides dedicated resource for people who want to diversify their holdings with precious metals and diamond investments.
- Which organisation conducts the 6th Edition of the Annual Cleanliness Survey ‘Swachh Survekshan 2021 (SS2021)’ (urban)?
1) Quality Council of India
2) NITI Aayog
3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Drinking Water and SanitationAnswer-4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
On March 1, 2021, Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched the field assessment for the 6th Edition of the Annual Cleanliness Survey ‘Swachh Survekshan 2021 (SS2021)’ (urban) in New Delhi, which is said to be World’s largest cleanliness survey. MoHUA conducts the survey while the Quality Council of India (QCI) is the Implementing Agency. Cities will be rewarded under a New Performance category called ‘Prerak Dauur Samman’.
- Which of the following has launched the “Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship” under its “Waste to Wealth” Mission?
1) Office of Principal Scientific Advisor
2) Department of Science and Technology
3) Science, Technology and Innovation Policy 2020
4) Empowered Technology Group
5) Council of Scientific and Industrial ResearchAnswer-1) Office of Principal Scientific Advisor
On March 1, 2021, the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India (GoI) under its “Waste to Wealth” Mission launched the “Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship”. These fellowships will recognize students, community worker’s/self-help groups (SHGs), and municipal/sanitary workers who are working as Swachhta Saarthis to tackle the challenge of waste management, scientifically and sustainably through various initiatives. The Waste to Wealth Mission is one of the nine national missions of the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology, and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC).
- Where was the Saras Aajeevika Mela 2021 conducted?
1) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
2) Gurugram, Haryana
3) New Delhi
4) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
5) Guwahati, AssamAnswer-4) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
On 26th February 2021, Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Rural Development, inaugurated the Saras Aajeevika Mela 2021 at Noida Haat, a cultural center in Noida, UP to bring rural women Self-Help Groups(SHGs) under one platform. More than 300 SHGs and craftsmen from 27 states are participating in the mela organised by the Ministry of Rural Development.
- Global CO2 emission has declined by 5.8% in 2020 linked to Covid-19 pandemic, as per the data released by the International Energy Agency (IEA). Which country is the world’s largest CO2 emitter?
5) FranceAnswer-4) China
According to data released by the International Energy Agency (IEA), Global energy-related CO2 emissions declined by 5.8% or 2 Billion Tonnes in 2020 due to the Pandemic. It is the largest annual percentage decline since World War II. More than 50% of the total global drop in CO2 emissions in 2020 was due to the decline in CO2 emissions from oil use in the Transport & aviation sectors.
Top 3 CO2 emitters- China, USA, India.
- What is the revised minimum Initial Public Offering (IPO) that shall be allotted by Large companies, as per the recent (in Mar’21) guidelines of SEBI?
5) 25%Answer-1) 5%
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) during its board meeting eased the listing norms for large companies by enabling them to divest minimum 5% in the IPO (Initial public offering), instead of 10%. Also, for raising the public float to 25%, the term has increased to 5 years instead of 3 years.
About Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
Chairman– Ajay Tyagi
- Which is India’s 1st Regional Rural Bank (RRB) to facilitate Video-Know Your Customer (KYC) for opening Digital Savings Account?
1) Telangana Grameena Bank (TGB)
2) Puduvai Bharathiar Grama Bank (PBGB)
3) Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank (APGVB)
4) Only 1 & 2
5) Only 1 & 3Answer-5) Only 1 & 3
Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) – Telangana Grameena Bank (TGB) & Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank (APGVB) became India’s 1st RRBs to launch Digital Savings Account opening facility through Video-Know Your Customer (KYC) facility. Both RRBs are sponsored by the SBI. The Digital Insta Savings Account mobile app of APGVB & TGB was launched in Feb’21. Regional Rural Banks are created with share split up of Central Govt. – 50%, State Govt. – 15%, and Sponsor Banks – 35%(Any commercial bank).
- What is the Global Position of India’s Richest man Mukesh Ambani, in the Hurun Global Rich List 2021?
5) 8thAnswer-5) 8th
According to Hurun Global Rich List 2021, Chairman of Reliance Industries (RIL), Mukesh Ambani with a wealth of USD 83 Billion became the 8th Richest Person in the World. The List was topped by Elon Musk (CEO of Tesla), Jeff Bezos (CEO of Amazon) & Bernard Arnault (CEO of LVMH-Louis Vuitton). India Climbed to 3rd Spot in with 209 Billionaires only after China that came 1st followed by the USA. With 60 Billionaires Mumbai became the capital for India’s rich followed by New Delhi (40) & Bengaluru (22).
- Who recently (in Mar’21) became the Principal Director General (DG) of Press Information Bureau (PIB)?
1) Kuldeep Singh Dhatwalia
2) Jaideep Bhatnagar
3) Pradeep Joshi
4) Arvind Saxena
5) Ajay KumarAnswer-2) Jaideep Bhatnagar
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting appointed Jaideep Bhatnagar, 1986-batch Indian Information Service (IIS) officer as the Principal Director General(DG) of Press Information Bureau(PIB). He has been serving as the Director General, News Services Division of All India Radio (AIR) since August 2020.
- When was the Civil Accounts Day celebrated annually?
1) March 7
2) March 3
3) March 5
4) March 1
5) March 2Answer-4) March 1
Civil Accounts Day is annually observed by the Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS)on 1st March since the inception of ICAS on 1st March 1976. ICAS is one of the Civil Services of India, under the Department of Expenditure, Union Ministry of Finance. Chief Guest of the Event, Nirmala Sitharaman specified the 3 points road map for the organisation,
Paperless and transparent governance
Keeping pace with technological advancements
Continuity of seamless digital payments with user friendly interfaces