AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 June 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
Our Current Affairs March 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- What is the target year of the Indian government to achieve coal gasification to 100 million tonnes (MT)?
5) 2030Answer-5) 2030
While addressing the National Mineral Congress held in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, Vinod Kumar Tiwari, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Coal, highlighted that the government of India (GoI) has set a target to increase coal gasification to 100 million tonnes (MT) by 2030 with investments worth over Rs. 4 lakh crores.
He also stated that GoI has also prepared a National Mission document to achieve 100 MT Coal Gasification by 2030.
Note- Coal Gasification is considered a cleaner option compared to the burning of coal and gasification facilitates the utilisation of the chemical properties of coal.
- Which of the following countries recently (in June’22) hosted the Industry transition Dialogue,as a part of the joint initiative “Leadership for Industry Transition (LeadIT)?
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-5) Both 2 & 3
India and Sweden hosted the Industry transition Dialogue in Stockholm, Sweden, as a part of the India-Sweden joint initiative “Leadership for Industry Transition (LeadIT)”, focusing on hard to abate sectors, which are the major stakeholders in the global climate action and require specific interventions.
i. LeadIT gathers countries and companies that are committed to action to achieve the Paris Agreement and it was launched by the governments of Sweden and India at the UN Climate Action Summit in September 2019 and is supported by the World Economic Forum(WEF).
ii. The high level of dialogue contributed to the United Nations(UN) Conference – “Stockholm+50: a healthy planet for the prosperity of all – our responsibility, our opportunity”, which is being held on 2nd & 3rd June 2022 and set the agenda for Conference of Parties 27 (COP27).
- Which insurance company recently (in June ’22) launched a new health insurance vertical to focus on new innovative health products?
1) SBI General Insurance
2) Edelweiss General Insurance
3) Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
4) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
5) Kotak Mahindra General InsuranceAnswer-1) SBI General Insurance
SBI General Insurance Company Limited, one of India’s fastest-growing private general insurance companies, has introduced a new health insurance vertical, through which it intends to focus on new innovative health products and an in-house claim settlement process, among other things, to improve customer experience.
i. SBI General Insurance is a subsidiary of the State Bank of India (SBI), India’s largest and premier commercial bank.
ii. Recently, SBI General Insurance has teamed with Apollo 24/7 to provide its customers with access to a variety of services provided by Apollo 24/7.
- Name the Bank that recently (in June’22) partnered with CarTrade Tech Ltd. to offer financing solutions for used-cars.
1) RBL Bank
2) IDFC FIRST Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) IDBI BankAnswer-2) IDFC FIRST Bank
CarTrade Tech Ltd., a multi-channel vehicle buying and selling platform, has teamed up with IDFC FIRST Bank to provide used car buyers with easy and smart financing options.
i. ‘CarWale abSure’ is CarTrade Tech’s used car platform, which is the most reliable source for high-quality pre-owned cars.
ii. IDFC FIRST Bank will be one of the preferred financiers for customers purchasing used vehicles from CarWaleabSure’s dealers as part of the partnership, with customized offerings to meet the demands of the customers.
- As per the Fortune 500’s list of the World’s top 10 highest paid Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in 2021, who is the Highest-Paid CEOs in 2021?
1) Leonard Schleifer
2) Tim Cook
3) Jensen Huang
4) Reed Hastings
5) Elon MuskAnswer- 5) Elon Musk
Elon Musk, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Tesla and SpaceX has topped the Fortune 500’s list of the World’s top 10 highest paid CEOs in 2021.
i. According to the Fortune 500 list, Elon Musk has also topped the list of the world’s most highly compensated CEOs in 2021 with compensation worth around USD 23.5 billion followed by Tim Cook, CEO of Apple(USD 770.5 million) ranked 2nd and Jensen Huang, co-founder of NVIDIA(USD 561 million) ranked 3rd.
ii. Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft, who received a salary of USD 309.4 million in 2021, has secured the 7th rank on the list. He is the only Indian origin person to feature on the list.
- Who was recently (in June’22) appointed as the Director General (DG) of National Informatics Centre (NIC)?
1) Rajesh Gera
2) Alkesh Kumar Sharma
3) N Vijayadtiya
4) Neeta Verma
5) Shefali DashAnswer-1) Rajesh Gera
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of the Senior Scientist Rajesh Gera as the Director General (DG), National Informatics Centre (NIC) under Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY). Senior scientist Rajesh Gera was a Deputy Director General in the NIC earlier.
- Which of the following points is ‘Incorrect’ with respect to the 15th edition of TATA Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022?
1) Gujarat Titans led by Captain Hardik Himanshu Pandya won the 15th edition of TATA IPL 2022 for the 1st time in their first IPL season by defeating Rajasthan Royals.
2) Yuzvendra Chahal from India became the highest wicket-taker in the Indian Premier League surpassing Former Sri Lanka Player, Lasith Malinga.
3) Rohit Sharma from India becomes 2nd Indian after Virat Kohli to score 10,000 runs in Twenty 20 Internationals.
4) Shikhar Dhawan from India becomes first player to hit 700 fours in IPL.
5) Ashish Nehra becomes the first Indian Headcoach (Gujarat Titans) to win an IPL trophy.Answer-2) Yuzvendra Chahal from India became the highest wicket-taker in the Indian Premier League surpassing Lasith Malinga.
Gujarat Titans (GT) led by Captain Hardik Himanshu Pandya won the 15th edition of TATA sponsored Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 for the 1st time in their first IPL season, by defeating Rajasthan Royals (RR) at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The league took place from 26 March 2022 to 29 May 2022.
Dwayne Bravo (West Indies) playing for Chennai Super Kings became the highest wicket-taker in the Indian Premier League surpassing Lasith Malinga (Sri Lanka, IPL – retired).
Rohit Sharma (India) playing for Mumbai Indians becomes 2nd Indian after Virat Kohli to score 10,000 runs in Twenty 20 Internationals.
Shikhar Dhawan (India) playing for Punjab Kings becomes first player to hit 700 fours in IPL.
Ashish Nehra becomes the first Indian Headcoach (Gujarat Titans) to win an IPL trophy.
- Which of the following points is ‘Incorrect’ with respect to the 2022 Hero Men’s Hockey Asia Cup held in May 2022?
A) The 2022 Hero Men’s Hockey Asia Cup is the 11th Men’s Hockey Asia Cup which was held at Jakarta, Indonesia.
B) India won the bronze medal at 2022 Hero Men’s Hockey Asia Cup by defeating Pakistan under the captainship of Manpreet Singh.
C) South Korea won the gold medal in the Men’s Hockey Asia Cup title 2022 for 5th Time by defeating Malaysia.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-2) Only B
India won the bronze medal at 2022 Hero Men’s Hockey Asia Cup by defeating Japan under the captainship of Birendra Lakra and SV Sunil (Vice Captain).
i. The 2022 Hero Men’s Hockey Asia Cup is the 11th Men’s Hockey Asia Cup which was held at Jakarta,Indonesia from May 23 – June 1,2022, organized by the Asian Hockey Federation(AHF).
ii. South Korea won the gold medal in the Men’s Hockey Asia Cup title 2022 for 5th Time by defeating Malaysia.
Note- India’s Uttam Kumar became the Rising Star of the Tournament.
- Name the union minister who recently (in May’22) released 2 e-books titled “E-book on 8 Years Achievements of DoPPW – 2014-2022” and “E-Book on 8 Years Achievements of the Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG)” in New Delhi.
1) Amit Shah
2) Jitendra Singh
3) Pralhad Joshi
4) Piyush Goyal
5) Kishan ReddyAnswer-2) Jitendra Singh
Dr Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State(MoS), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions released 2 e-books titled “E-book on 8 Years Achievements of DoPPW – 2014-2022” and “E-Book on 8 Years Achievements of Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances(DARPG)”, during the webinar on Administrative Reforms and Pension Reforms (2014-2022) in New Delhi, Delhi.
i. The webinar chaired by MoS Jitendra Singh was organised by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances(DARPG) and Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare(DoPPW) under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions.
- The International Sex Workers Day 2022 was observed across the globe on ___________.
1) 3rd June 2022
2) 1st June 2022
3) 30th May 2022
4) 2nd June 2022
5) 31st May 2022Answer-4) 2nd June 2022
The International Sex Workers Day 2022 (also known as International Whores Day) was observed across the globe on 2nd June 2022 to recognise the exploited working conditions of the sex workers and honour the sex workers who are the victims of cruelty and violence.
i. The International Sex Workers Day observance is annually led by the Global Network of Sex Work Projects (NSWP).
ii. Every year, NSWP observes International Sex Workers’ Day with a focus on the theme of “Access to Justice”.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification