AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In June 2021, Indian government integrated e-GOPALA app with ________________ platform and launched the Gopal Ratna Awards, the National Awards for ___________ Sector.
1) e-NAM; Agriculture
2) UMANG; Horticulture
3) e-NAM; Diary
4) UMANG; Diary
5) MyGov; Agriculture
Answer-4) UMANG; Diary
Giriraj Singh, Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying announced the integration of e-GOPALA app (Generation of wealth through Productive Livestock) with UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) platform during the virtual program organised as a part of the World Milk Day (June 1 2021).
i.Union Minister also launched the Gopal Ratna Awards, the National Awards for the Cattle and Dairy Sector
- Research Designs & Standards Organization (RDSO) became the 1st Indian organisation to be recognised as a Standard Developing Organisation (SDO).
What are the points that are correctly related to the above statement?
A) SDO recognition is a part of “One District One Product” mission of India to have a standardised product for each district in India, matching with Global standards
B) Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) is the Implementing agency of the SDO recognition program
C) SDO recognition is valid for a period of 3-years
1) Only B & C
2) Only C
3) Only A & C
4) Only A
5) Only A & B
Answer-2) Only C
Research Designs & Standards Organization (RDSO) became the 1st Indian Institution to be recognised as a Standard Developing Organization (SDO), under Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) SDO Recognition Scheme. SDO recognition is a key part of India’s “One Nation One Standard” mission.
i.SDO recognition is approved for one institution per sector, which maintains Global Best Standards as per the World Trade Organisations (WTO)-TBT “Code of Good Practice”
ii.Implementing Agency – Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
iii.SDO recognition is valid for a period of 3-years
- Which country hosted the BRICS Foreign Affairs Minister Meeting virtually in June 2021?
2) South Africa
India hosted the 2021 BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) Foreign Affairs Minister Meeting virtually. External Affairs Minister (EAM) of India, S Jaishankar Chaired the meeting, since India is the Chair of BRICS for the year 2021.
BRICS supports proposal by India, South Africa to temporarily waive patents on COVID-19 vaccines
- Indian Variants of Covid-19 strains B.1.617.1 and B.1.617.2 were named as ______ & ________ by the World Health Organisation
1) Alpha & Beta
2) Gamma & Delta
3) Kappa & Mers
4) Mers & Gamma
5) Kappa & Delta
Answer-5) Kappa & Delta
The World Health Organisation(WHO) has named the B.1.617.1 and B.1.617.2 variants of COVID-19 that were first identified in India as ‘Kappa’ and ‘Delta’ respectively.
An Expert group of WHO has recommended labelling using the letters of the Greek Alphabet – Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta.
- Which Indian Insurance company partnered (in June’21) with Microsoft for strengthening its customer support using Microsoft Azure?
1) ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
2) HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
3) Max Bupa Health Insurance Company
4) Bharti AXA General Insurance Company
5) IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
Answer-1) ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
India’s largest private sector general insurer ICICI Lombard has partnered with Microsoft to strengthen and automate the quality control processes.
i.Everyday service calls made by customer support reps will be screened by ICICI Lombard with the help of Microsoft Azure Speech Providers and Pure Language Processing (NLP).
- Which Crypto exchange launched a Non-Fungible Token (NFT) marketplace for the first time in India?
India’s largest crypto exchange, WazirX has announced its own Non-Fungible Token (NFT) marketplace, a first of its kind for India and South Asia.
i.NFTs are digital tokens that exist on a blockchain and represent ownership of digital items, like artwork, music, etc.
- What was India’s Fiscal Deficit for FY21 as per the revenue-expenditure data of the Controller General of Accounts’ (CGA)?
The Controller General of Accounts’ (CGA) revenue-expenditure data of the Union government for FY21 reported India’s fiscal deficit for FY21 at 9.3 percent / Rs 18.21 lakh crore of the gross domestic product (GDP), which is about Rs 27,194 crore lower than the targeted fiscal deficit of Rs 7.96 lakh crore.
- Who recently (in June’21) became the 1st Indian to be appointed as the President of the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB)?
1) Jagjit Pavadia
2) Rakesh Asthana
3) Gyan Sarvar
4) Subodh Kumar Jaiswal
5) Arvind Kumar
Answer-1) Jagjit Pavadia
The former Narcotics Commissioner of India and a retired officer of the Indian Revenue Service (Customs), Jagjit Pavadia has been elected as the President of Vienna based International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) in its 131st session for a period of five years.
She is the first Indian to be appointed as the Chief of the INCB and the second woman to hold this office.
- Which organisation developed “AmbiTag” India’s 1st IoT device to record real-time temperature of perishable products?
1) IISc Bangalore
2) IIT Madras
3) IIT Delhi
4) IIT Ropar
5) NIT Warangal
Answer- 4) IIT Ropar
IIT Ropar, Punjab has developed “AmbiTag” India’s first IoT(Internet of Things) device which will record the real-time temperature of perishable products like food and dairy, vaccines, and body organs and blood during transportation.
i.AmbiTag was developed under the Technology Innovation Hub- AWaDH (Agriculture and Water Technology Development Hub) and its Startup ScratchNest.
- Which State/UT recently (in June’21) signed an MoU with Go-Airlines for transportation of perishable horticulture and agricultural produce across India?
1) New Delhi
3) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer-3) Jammu & Kashmir
The Jammu and Kashmir(J&K) Horticulture Department signed an MoU with the airline carrier Go-Airlines for transportation of perishable horticulture and agricultural produce to various destinations across the country.