AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- What is the % increase in marine fish production 2019 when compared to 2018, as per report released by Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI)?
In accordance with the report “Annual Marine Fish Landings in India for 2019” by Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI), India’s marine fish production has increased marginally by 2.1% to 3.56 million tonnes (mt) in 2019 as compared to 3.49 mt in 2018.
- Which state topped in fish production based on volume, as per “Annual Marine Fish Landings in India for 2019” report of CMFRI?
2) Tamil Nadu
5) West Bengal
Answer-2) Tamil Nadu
In accordance with the report “Annual Marine Fish Landings in India for 2019” by Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI), India’s marine fish production has increased marginally by 2.1% to 3.56 million tonnes (mt) in 2019 as compared to 3.49 mt in 2018. As per the report, Tamil Nadu grabbed the top in annual fish production with 7.75 lakh tonnes followed by Gujarat (7.49 lakh tonnes), which had been holding the first position earlier, and Kerala (5.44 lakh tonnes) which retained the third position.
- Name the ministry, which has released the Good Clinical Practice Guidelines Handbook recently.
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Finance
3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
4) Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Human Resource Development
Answer-3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Dr.Harsh Vardhan with the Minister of State of Health, Ashwini Kumar Choubey, released the Good Clinical Practice Guidelines Handbook and Prospectus for Fellowship Programme for International Students (FPIS) of the National Board of Examinations (NBE) on a virtual platform.
- Which state has amended Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act which will enable the state to increase the borrowing limit to 5% from 3% of GSDP?
1) Uttar Pradesh
5) Himachal Pradesh
The Governor of Telangana Dr.TamilisaiSounderarajan has promulgated an ordinance No.3 of 2020, amending the Telangana Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (FRBM) Act-2005 which will enable the State to increase the borrowing limit by 2% to 5% from earlier 3%. With the new Telangana FRBM (Amendment) Act 2020, state government’s additional borrowing limit can go up to Rs 20,000 crore now, without any hassles. With this amendment, the Telangana State government has accepted the recent decision of the Central government to expand the borrowing limit of the States under FRBM Act, 2003 from 3% to 5% allowing the States to borrow more as there is fall in state’s revenues due to COVID-19 induced lockdown.
- Find the state which has decided to increase the green cover through extensive plantations over 1.30 lakh Hectares of land recently.
1) Uttar Pradesh
Odisha government in a high-level meeting held under the Chairmanship of Chief Secretary AsitTripathy decided to implement a new initiative ‘Sabuja Odisha’. The initiative will increase green cover through extensive plantations over 1,30,264 Hectares of land. About 1.30 lakh hectares of land where these seedlings can be planted has been identified in 2,660 locations for plantation.
- Which board has launched ‘Accelerate Vigyan’ scheme to provide platform for research internships?
1) Technology Development Board
2) Science and Engineering Research Board
3) Scientific Research Board of India
4) Board for Research Scholars
5) None of these
Answer-2) Science and Engineering Research Board
The ‘Accelerate Vigyan’ (AV) scheme for research internships, was launched by the Union Government’s Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB). Objective: – To encourage high-end scientific research and prepare scientific manpower which leads to research careers and knowledge-based economy. The SERB has started to call applications for the process under ABHYAAS scheme for Winter.The new SAMMOHAN component under AV is which is divided into: ‘SAYONJIKA’ and ‘SANGOSHTI’.
- What is the estimated outlay of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana (PMGKAY) between April-November 2020 as per Department of Food and Public Distribution?
1) 2,48,938 crores
2) 1,24,938 crores
3) 1,48,938 crores
4) 1,98,938 crores
5) 3,28,938 crores
Answer-3) 1,48,938 crores
Department of Food and Public Distribution (DFPD) under Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution has worked out estimated cost for distribution of food grains (Rice and Wheat) and pulses under PMGKAY, which will be Rs 1,48,938 crore approx for a period between 8 months from April to November 2020. Notably, Govt. of India is bearing the entire expenditure towards this Scheme.
- The central government has approved special liquidity scheme (SLS) for NBFCs and HFCs through a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) recently. Name the company which set up a SPV called SLS Trust to manage the operations.
1) IDBI Capital Markets Limited
2) HDFC Capital Markets Limited
3) PNB Capital Markets Limited
4) IOB Capital Markets Limited
5) SBI Capital Markets Limited
Answer-5) SBI Capital Markets Limited
Government of India (GoI) has approved a scheme for improving the short-term liquidity position of non-banking finance companies (NBFCs)/housing finance companies (HFCs) through a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) in the form of Special Liquidity Scheme (SLS) Trust set up by SBI Capital Markets Limited (SBICAP), a subsidiary of the State Bank of India (SBI). Means, SBICAP will manage this operation. In the Budget Speech of 2020-21, it was announced that a mechanism would be devised to provide additional liquidity facility to NBFCs/HFCs over that provided through the Partial Credit Guarantee Scheme (PCGS). It should be noted that the finances provided to the NFBCs/HFCs under this scheme should be used to repay existing liabilities and not to expand assets.
- Which bank has launched ‘Insta Loans against Mutual Funds’ facility in partnership with Computer Age Management Services (CAMS)?
1) HDFC Bank
2) IDFC Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) RBL Bank
5) IDBI Bank
Answer-3) ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank in partnership with Computer Age Management Services(CAMS) launched ‘Insta Loans against Mutual Funds’, a facility for retail customers to avail loans upto Rs 1 crore instantly by pledging their holdings in both debt and equity Mutual Funds(MFs).
- Who has been appointed as the interim chairman of International Cricket Council (ICC), succeeding Shashank Manohar?
1) Manu Sawhney
2) Ravi Shashtri
3) Sourav Ganguly
4) Imran Khwaja
5) None of the above
Answer-4) Imran Khwaja
Shashank Manohar stepped down as International Cricket Council(ICC) chairman after his two 2 year tenure(4 years). He is the first independent chairman. His tenure ended on July 1, 2020. Deputy Chairman Imran Khwaja will take charge as interim chairman until the next chairman is elected.
- V Suryanarayanan has become the new MD of which general insurance company with effect from July 1, 2020?
1) Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
2) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
3) Bharti Axa General Insurance
4) Edelweiss General Insurance
5) DHFL General Insurance
Answer-1) Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
The Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company promoted V Suryanarayanan, President and COO of the company as the New Managing Director (MD) with effect from 1st July 2020 succeeding SS Gopalarathnam.
- Who among the following were members of International scientific group formed by UN chief for global food summit 2021?
1) Rattan Lal
2) Uma Lele
3) Raj Shetty
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Antonio Guterres, Chief of United Nations, named Prof. Rattan Lal and Dr. Uma Lele (Agricultural experts) from India as members of International Scientific group to offer foremost scientific evidence for sustainable food systems for global food summit 2021. The Scientific Group will be Chaired by Dr. Joachim von Braun of Bonn University Germany.
- Who has been appointed as permanent representative of India to UN and others organisations in Geneva?
1) T. S. Tirumurti
2) Indra Mani Pandey
3) Srikumar Menon
4) Vinay Kumar
5) Rajiv Kumar Chander
Answer-2) Indra Mani Pandey
Indra Mani Pandey,Indian Foregin Services (IFS) Officer of 1990 and Additional Secretary in Ministry of External Affairs(MEA)was appointed as India’s Permanent Representative or Ambassador to the United Nations and the other International Organisations in Geneva, succeeding Rajiv Kumar Chander, IFS Officer of 1983 batch.
- KarnamSekar has been retired from the post of MD&CEO of which bank?
1) State Bank of India
2) Union Bank of India
3) Dena Bank
4) Punjab National Bank
5) Indian Overseas Bank
Answer-5) Indian Overseas Bank
KarnamSekar, The Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Indian Overseas Bank(IOB), retired on 30th June 2020.
- The Mon district administration has received 2020 SKOCH awards under three categories in the 65th SKOCH summit. Mon is the district in which state?
The District Administration of Mon, Nagaland received 2020 SKOCH awards under three categories in the 65th SKOCH summit from Sameer Kochar, Chairman of SKOCH group.The 3 awards were: SKOCH crucible award 2020; SKOCH order of merit award 2020 &SKOCH honourable mention award 2020.
- Who among the following has been named as ‘2020 Great Immigrants’ by Carnegie Corporation?
1) Siddhartha Mukherjee
2) Rohan Ghosh
3) Raj Chetty
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)
Answer-5) Both 1) and 3)
Carnegie Corporation of New York has named 2 renowned Indian-Americans, Siddhartha Mukherjee, a Pulitzer prize winner and Raj Chetty, Economics Professor at Harvard University among ‘2020 Great Immigrants’ honourees, due to their contribution towards the efforts in mitigating the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Who heads the committee constituted by Ministry of Home Affairs for reform in criminal law?
1) Ranbir Singh
2) G.S. Bajpai
3) Balraj Chauhan
4) Mahesh Jethmalani
5) G.P. Thareja
Answer-1) Ranbir Singh
Central Committee for reforms in Criminal Law, constituted by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), is going to start a 3 months long online consultation exercise. The objective of this exercise is to gather opinions by consulting with experts and collating material for their report to the government.Ranbir Singh (Chairperson)- Vice-Chancellor, National Law University (NLU), Delhi.
- Name the person who heads the 9-member working group constituted by IRDAI to study suitability of surety bond issuance by Indian insurers.
1) G. Srinivasan
2) D. Nagalakshmi
3) Roopam Asthana
4) Neelesh Garg
5) Hitesh Kotak
Answer-1) G. Srinivasan
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), an autonomous, statutory body tasked with regulating and promoting the insurance in India, has set up a nine member working Group (WG) under G. Srinivasan, director, National Insurance Academy, to look at the possibility of the Indian insurance industry or any other sector to offer Surety Bonds in India.
- The US based Carlyle Group decided to acquire _____% stake in Nxtra Data Ltd, an arm of Bharti Airtel for $235 million.
American multinational private equity company Carlyle Group has decided to acquire about 25% stake in India’s second largest telecom company Bharti Airtel’s data centre business arm–Nxtra Data Ltd– for $235 million (about ₹1,780 crore) through a company called Comfort Investments II, which is an affiliated entity of CAP V Mauritius Ltd., an investment fund managed and advised by affiliated firms of the Carlyle. At the same time, Airtel will continue to hold the remaining 75 % stake.
- What is the name of India’s Venus mission which is scheduled to be launched at end of 2023?
The Swedish Institute of Space Physics (IRF) will explore Venus for the second time through the India’s 1st Venus Mission Shukrayaan-1. The Shukrayaan-1 is scheduled for launch at the end of 2023 from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
- The 3 Base Repair Depot (BRD) of Indian navy along with which institute/organisation developed Airborne Locust Control System (ALCS) which spray pesticide to control locust?
1) Defence Research and Development Organization
2) Central Scientific Instruments Organisation
3) Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
4) National Research Development Corporation
5) Indian Space Research Organization
Answer-2) Central Scientific Instruments Organisation
Locust attack is continuously increasing in many states of the country, largely in northern states. The central government has come forward to help the states to protect farmers’ crops from locusts. Now the help of the Indian Air Force (IAF) will also be taken in this work. In this sequence, on June 30, 2020, Chandigarh based 3 Base Repair Depot (BRD) of the IAF and Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIO) have indigenously developed an Airborne Locust Control System (ALCS) for two Mi-17 helicopters for spraying atomised pesticide malathion to arrest locust breeding. These helicopters will spray 800 litres of pesticide in 750 hectare area in just 40 minutes.
- Who has flagged off a Bell 206-B3 helicopter from Greater Noida recently to tackle locusts attack?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
3) Prahlad Singh Patel
4) Narendra Singh Tomar
5) Ram Vilas Paswan
Answer-4) Narendra Singh Tomar
The Union Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has flagged off a Bell 206-B3 helicopter from Greater Noida (Uttar Pradesh) for effective control of crop threatening locusts in the worst affected areas in Rajasthan. The Bell helicopter can cover an area of about 25 to 50 hectares in one flight with a pesticide capacity of 250 liters.
- Who has authored the book titled “Future of Higher Education – Nine Mega Trends”, which was released by Vice president of India M Venkaiah Naidu?
1) T N Manoharan
2) B Anbuthambi
3) Lakshmi Narayanan
4) V Pattabhi Ram
5) M Sivakumar
Answer-4) VPattabhi Ram
Vice President of India, M Venkaiah Naidu virtually released a book, “Future of Higher Education – Nine Mega Trends.“ The book is authored by CA V Pattabhi Ram, a Public Speaker, author and Teacher. The Virtual event was hosted by ICT Academy.
- Everton Weekes, who passed away recently is associated with which sport?
West Indies cricketer Everton de Courcy Weekes passed away at 95. He is the last member of the legendary Three Ws, the legendary trio of cricketing knights. He was born in Pickwick Gap, Barbados on February 26, 1925. He was the 3rd oldest surviving men’s Test cricketer, after South African John Watkins and England’s Don Smith.
- When was World Sports Journalists Day celebrated annually?
1) July 4
2) July 3
3) July 2
4) July 1
5) June 30
Answer-3) July 2
World Sports Journalists Day is observed annually on July 2. The day aims to acknowledge the work of sports journalists & to encourage them to do better at their work. The day was established in 1994 to mark the 70th anniversary of the International Sports Press Association (AIPS). This year 2020 marks the 96th anniversary of AIPS.
- The World Allergy Week 2020 was observed between June 28 to July 4. What is the theme of World Allergy Week 2020?
1) “Pollen Allergies – Adapting to a Changing Climate”
2) “Atopic Dermatitis: An Itch that Rashes due to COVID-19”
3) “The Agony of Hives,”
4) “The Global Problem of Food Allergy”
5) “Allergy care does not stop with COVID-19”
Answer-5) “Allergy care does not stop with COVID-19”.
World Allergy Week is an annual event initiated by the World Allergy Organisation (WAO) to raise awareness about the allergic diseases, disorders related to allergic diseases and the preventive measures of these diseases. The first World Allergy Week was observed in July 2011. The theme of World Allergy Week 2020 is “Allergy care does not stop with COVID-19”.
- Which IIT along with AIIMS doctors developed an app “COPAL-19” tracks plasma donors who have recovered from COVID-19?
1) IIT Delhi
2) IIT Mandi
3) IIT Guwahati
4) IIT Kanpur
5) IIT Madras
Answer-1) IIT Delhi
AIIMS(All India Institute of Medical Science) doctor along with a team of IIT-Delhi students have developed an app “COPAL-19” which enables users to track willing plasma donors who have recovered from COVID-19.The app was launched on the occasion of Doctor’s Day.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Chardham Yatra which is in news recently is conducted in which Indian state?
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
The Uttarakhand Devasthanam Management Board recently decided to open the ‘Chardham yatra’ for pilgrims from within the state from July 1. The four famous Himalayan shrines of Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri in Uttarakhand’s Garhwal region are known as ‘Chardham’.
- Namdapha National Park is located in which state?
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
4) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer-4) Arunachal Pradesh
Recently, the lepidopterists have discovered the two new species of butterfly i.e. Striped Hairstreak and Elusive Prince in Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh. Of these two, the Elusive Prince is discovered at Namdapha National Park.
- Central Zoo Authority (CZA) is the statutorybody under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Science and Technology
2) Ministry of Earth Science
3) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
4) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
5) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Answer-3) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
Recently, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has reconstituted the Central Zoo Authority (CZA) to include an expert from the School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi, and a molecular biologist. The CZA is a statutory body under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. It was constituted in 1992 under the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972. Members: It is chaired by the Environment Minister and has 10 members and a member-secretary.
- Rajaji tiger reserve which is in news recently belongs to which state?
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
The clash took place in Asharodi forest range of Rajaji Tiger Reserve, Uttarakhand where eight Van Gujjar families reside. Reportedly, the forest officials escaped the spot in a rush fearing that one of the Van Gujjar had died. In the process, the officials even left their caps and cans at the spot.
- Where is the HQ of Indian Overseas Bank located?
The HQ of Indian Overseas Bank located at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Gangotri National Park which is in news(June 2020) is located at which state?
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
Recently, the Uttarakhand State Wildlife Advisory Board has permitted proposals on the transfer of forest land in Gangotri National Park for development of roads. The decision comes amid the row between India and China along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh.
- Where does the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI) located?
The Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI) located at Kochi, Kerala.