AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 3 February 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs December 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Which company has recently (in Feb ‘23) announced the list of 120 startups and innovators for the Extended Reality (XR) Startup Programme in New Delhi, Delhi along with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY)?
2) Wipro Limited
3) Tata Consultancy Services
4) HCL Technologies Limited
5) Infosys LimitedAnswer-1) Meta
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Meta (Meta Platforms, Inc formerly named Facebook) have announced the list of 120 startups and innovators for the Extended Reality (XR) Startup Programme in New Delhi, Delhi.
i. The Programme includes an Accelerator and a Grand Challenge, aiming towards boosting the emerging Tech ecosystem in India.
ii. The programme will discover, nurture, and accelerate XR Technology startups and innovators across India.
iii. The programme supports 40 early-stage start-ups working in XR technologies with a grant of Rs 20 lakh each.
- According to the data from the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), India’s unemployment rate declined to 4 months low at ________ in January 2023.
5) 7.14%Answer-5) 7.14%
According to the data from the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), India’s unemployment rate declined by 7.14% in January 2023, the lowest in 4 months, from 8.30% in December 2022. The unemployment rate was 8.03% in November 2022, 7.92% in October 2022 and 6.43% in September 2022.
• Rural unemployment was 6.48% in January 2023, and Urban unemployment was 8.55%.
i. Jammu and Kashmir had the highest unemployment rate among the states with 21.8%, followed by Haryana (21.7%), and Rajasthan (21.1 %).
ii. Chhattisgarh has the lowest unemployment rate among the states with 0.5%, followed by Odisha (1.5%), Tamil Nadu (1.8%), and Madhya Pradesh (1.9%).
- Name the bank that has recently (in Feb ‘23) announced the implementation of the first phase of the Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) or “Digital Rupee” (e₹).
1) Axis Bank
2) Kotak Mahindra Bank
3) Canara Bank
4) Punjab National Bank
5) Bank of IndiaAnswer-2) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited (KMBL) has announced the implementation of the first phase of the Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC), referred to as the “Digital Rupee” (e₹).
i. KMBL launched the CBDC to a Closed User Group (CUG) of customers, including retail customers and businesses.
• The Digital Rupee pilot will be launched by KMBL in Mumbai (Maharashtra), Delhi, and Ahmedabad (Gujarat).
Note- The “Digital Rupee” (e₹) is a legal tender equivalent to bank notes and coins but issued in a digital form by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- In February 2023, IDFC First Bank received _________ (Amount) investment from IDFC Ltd and raised its stake in the bank from 36.38% to 40%.
1) Rs 1,500 crore
2) Rs 4,200 crore
3) Rs 6,000 crore
4) Rs 2,200 crore
5) Rs 3,100 croreAnswer-4) Rs 2,200 crore
The board of IDFC Limited gave its in-principle approval for an investment of Rs 2,200 crore in IDFC First Bank, raising its stake in the bank from 36.38% to 40%.
• IDFC Limited, the parent firm, is planning a reverse merger with IDFC First Bank.
i. Additionally, the IDFC board has approved a special interim dividend of Rs. 11 per share, resulting in a payout of Rs. 287 crore to the Government of India (GoI), IDFC’s largest shareholder.
- Who was recently (in Jan ‘23) appointed as the 1st Female Prime Minister of Equatorial Guinea?
1) Ignacio Milam Tang
2) Silvestre Siale Bileka
3) Manuela Roka Botey
4) Vicente Ehate Tomi
5) Francisco Pascual ObamaAnswer-3) Manuela Roka Botey
Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, President of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea, appointed Manuela Roka Botey, deputy minister of education, as the Prime Minister (PM) of Equatorial Guinea.
• She became the first woman to hold the post of PM in Equatorial Guinea.
i. She succeeds Francisco Pascual Obama Asue who served as the PM of Equatorial Guinea, since 2016 for 3rd consecutive term.
- Former Indian _________ player Parimal Dey, who was fondly known as “Jangla-da,” passed away in February 2023.
5) BoxingAnswer-1) Football
A former Indian footballer Parimal Dey, who was fondly known as “Jangla-da” passed away at the age of 81.
i. Parimal Dey played for India in 5 matches, scoring just one goal for the Indian team, the game-winning goal against the Republic of Korea in the bronze-medal game of the 1966 Merdeka Cup in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
ii. He has won the Durand Football Tournament, commonly known as the Durand Cup (1967, 1970), and the Rovers Cup (1967, 1969, 1973).
• In 2018-2019, Parimal Dey was conferred with the ‘Banglar Gourav’ award for football.
• He was conferred with the “Banga Bhushan” title by the Government of West Bengal in 2019 after his retirement from active football.
- Name the author of the book, “The Last Heroes- Foot Soldiers of Indian Freedom”.
1) Prannoy Roy
2) Sitaram Yechury
3) Harsh Mander
4) Palagummi Sainath
5) Rajat SharmaAnswer-4) Palagummi Sainath
Indian Columnist (Journalist) and author Palagummi Sainath (P Sainath) has authored a new book titled “The Last Heroes- Foot Soldiers of Indian Freedom” which broadly deals with the history of India’s freedom struggle written from the perspective of common people.
• The book was published by India Viking, an imprint of Penguin Random House.
i. P Sainath provides a graphic account of the participation of 15 ordinary persons, men and women, belonging to rural and tribal society, who were described as “Foot Soldiers of Indian Freedom.”
- What is the theme of the United Nations (UN) World Wetlands Day 2023 that was observed across the globe on 2nd February 2023?
1) Wetlands Action for People and Nature
2) Wetlands and Water
3) Wetland Restoration
4) Wetlands and Biodiversity
5) Wetlands and climate changeAnswer-3) Wetland Restoration
The United Nations (UN)’s World Wetlands Day 2023 observed across the globe on 2nd February 2023 with the theme of Wetland Restoration.
i. The day also marks the date of the adoption of the “Convention on Wetlands of International Importance” (Ramsar Convention), an intergovernmental treaty adopted on 2nd February 1971, in the city of Ramsar, on the shores of the Caspian Sea, in Iran.
• According to the UN, “Revive and restore degraded wetlands” is the theme which highlights the importance of wetland Restoration.
ii. The 2023 campaign visual shows a person restoring a wetland through the action of re-planting. The visual features the outward “Ripple Effect” with the headline “It’s Time for Wetland Restoration”.
iii. The first World Wetlands Day was celebrated in 1997 and the first-ever UN-recognised World Wetlands Day on 2nd February 2022.
- Name the WhatsApp chatbot that was recently (in Feb ‘23) developed by the Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) to enable two-way communication between people and the child rights panel.
1) Bal Mitra
3) Bal Swaraj
5) Bal ChakraAnswer-1) Bal Mitra
Manish Sisodia, Deputy Chief Minister of the Government of Delhi, launched the WhatsApp Chatbot ‘Bal Mitra’ developed by the Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) to enable two-way communication between people and the Commission (child rights panel) and eliminate the information gap.
i. “Bal Mitra”can be accessed by sending a WhatsApp message to DCPCR Helpline No. 9311551393 will enable Children, parents, and concerned citizens to interact with the Commission more quickly and effectively.
ii. Aim: To make the Commission more accessible, efficient and responsive to the needs of children in distress and those at high risk.
- Which state Government has recently (in Jan ‘23) launched a ‘Ladli Bahna’ scheme to provide Rs 1,000 per month to women from financially poor backgrounds?
1) West Bengal
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-5) Madhya Pradesh
Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Chief Minister (CM) of Madhya Pradesh(MP), launched a new scheme ‘Ladli Bahna’ to provide Rs 1,000 per month to women from financially poor backgrounds in Madhya Pradesh.
• CM noted that a sum of Rs 60,000 crore will be spent on this scheme over a period of 5 years.
i. The Ladli Bahna Scheme for the poor women from lower and middle classes of all sections on the line of Ladli Lakshmi Scheme.
• Under this scheme women will get financial assistance of Rs 12000 per year(Rs 1000 per month).
ii. The announcement was made during a programme on the banks of the Narmada River in Narmadapuram, MP.
Note: He also stated that the government is set to construct a Narmada corridor and Narmada lok on the line of the Mahakal Lok at the Mahakaleshwar Temple in Ujjain.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification