AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 February 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs November 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 3 February 2022
- In February 2022, India nominated the Hoysala temple for UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites List 2022-2023. The temple is located in which city of Karnataka?
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
The Hoysala temples of Belur, Halebid and Somnathapura, the ‘Sacred Ensembles of the Hoysala’, in Karnataka have been finalized as India’s nomination for United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation’s (UNESCOs) World Heritage List for the year 2022-2023.
i. The other three include the Hampi Monuments of Vijayanagara, Pattadakal Temples complex of the Chalukyan era and the Western Ghats.
- Which State celebrated the Mandu Festival from 30th December 2021 to 3rd January 2022?
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-3) Madhya Pradesh
Mandu Festival is annually celebrated in Madhya Pradesh (MP), organized by the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board. The festival is also dedicated to the Hindu God Ganesha. Mandu festival is celebrated in Mandu, Ujjain and Indore.
i. Mandu or Mandavgad is an ancient city in the present-day Mandav area of the Dhar district
ii. The Mandu Festival has been celebrated from 30th December 2021 to 3rd January 2022.
- In which institution the Global Center of Excellence in Affordable and Clean Energy (GCoE-ACE) was launched by K. Vijay Raghavan?
1) IIT Kanpur
2) IIT Ropar
3) IIT Madras
4) IIT Bombay
5) IIT DharwadAnswer-5) IIT Dharwad
The one of its kind Global Center of Excellence in Affordable and Clean Energy(GCoE-ACE) was launched at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Dharwad(IITDh), Karnataka.
i. The center was launched in the presence of Prof. K. Vijay Raghavan, Principal Scientific Adviser, Government of India. Aim: To boost research in affordable and clean energy.
- Who recently (in Feb’22) got selected as the Torchbearer of Winter Olympic 2022 by the China Government?
1) Steve Nash
2) Yuva Kim
3) Chen Ruolin
4) Qi Fabao
5) Gina ZehnderAnswer-4) Qi Fabao
The government of China, selected People’s Liberation Army (PLA) regiment commander Qi Fabao, who was involved in the Galwan Valley Clash as the Torchbearer of 2022 Winter Olympic that will be held in Beijing.
i. The 2022 Winter Olympics, officially called the XXIV Olympic Winter Games and commonly known as Beijing 2022, will be organized between 4- 20 February 2022 in Beijing, China.
- Who recently (in Feb’22) won the International Cricket Council (ICC) Spirit of Cricket Award 2021?
1) Steve Smith (Australia)
2) Jason Roy (England)
3) Daryl Mitchell (New Zealand)
4) Janneman Malan (South Africa)
5) Chris Gayle (West Indies)Answer- 3) Daryl Mitchell (New Zealand)
New Zealand cricketer, Daryl Mitchell, has been named the winner of the International Cricket Council (ICC) Spirit of Cricket Award 2021 for his gesture of refusing to take a single in the high-pressure 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Semi-Finals against England at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi.
i. He has become the 4th New Zealand player to win the award after Daniel Vettori, Brendon McCullum and Kane Williamson.
- Who was recently (in Feb’22) appointed as the Brand Ambassador of ‘RummyCircle’ by Games24x7?
1) Sonu Sood
2) Hrithik Roshan
3) Arjun Kapoor
4) Aamir Khan
5) Shahid KapoorAnswer-2) Hrithik Roshan
Games24x7 has appointed renowned bollywood actor, Hrithik Roshan as the brand ambassador for ‘RummyCircle’, an online skill gaming platform.
i. The brand will also start its the new campaign #RahoEkKadamAage starring Hrithik Roshan via a television commercial starting from January 29.
- Which country recently (in Feb’22) tested fired Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile (IRMB) named “Hwasong-12”?
3) North Korea
5) South KoreaAnswer-3) North Korea
North Korea successfully test fired an Intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM), “Hwasong-12″ from North Korea’s Jagang Province toward the East Sea.
This is North Korea’s seventh test fire in 2022.
Purpose – To verify the overall accuracy of the missile.
- The Indian Navy recently (in Feb’22) flight tested the Rafale-M Fighter Jet that will be deployed in which INS?
1) INS Khukri
2) INS Visakhapatnam
3) INS Rajput
4) INS Vikrant
5) INS ArihantAnswer-4) INS Vikrant
The Indian Navy successfully flight tested the marine version of French-made Rafale-Maritime (Rafale-M) fighter jets at Shore Based Test Facility at Indian Navy Ship (INS) Hansa in Goa where conditions similar to that on the indigenously-developed aircraft carrier INS Vikrant were simulated
About INS Vikrant:
i.INS Vikrant which is codenamed as Indigenous Aircraft Carrier 1 (IAC 1), is an aircraft carrier constructed by the Cochin Shipyard for the Indian Navy that is currently in sea trials near the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean.
IAC 1 is expected to be commissioned as ‘INS Vikrant’ on 15th August 2022.
- In February 2022, Indian Cricketer Mithali Raj secured __________ rank in the ICC Women’s ODI Batting Rankings while _________ secured the 1st position.
1) 2nd; Ellyse Perry (Australia)
2) 3rd; Lizelle Lee (South Africa)
3) 2nd; Alyssa Healy (Australia)
4) 4th; Lizelle Lee (South Africa)
5) 3rd; Alyssa Healy (Australia)Answer-3) 2nd; Alyssa Healy (Australia)
Indian cricketer Mithali Raj has reached second rank in the Women’s ODI Batting Rankings released by ICC , ahead of the upcoming ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022. Alyssa Healy (Australia) secured first position and Lizelle Lee (South Africa) secured third position in the ranking.
i. Smriti Mandhana, at 6th rank, is the only other Indian player in the top 10 ODI batting rankings.
ii. In the ODI All Rounder Ranking of ICC, Indian cricketer Deepti Sharma secured fourth rank and Ellyse Perry from Australia secured first.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to World Wetlands Day 2022?
A) The 2nd February 2022 marks the observance of the 1st ever UN-recognised World Wetlands Day.
B) The theme of World Wetlands Day 2022 is “Wetlands Action for People and Nature”.
C) On the occasion of World Wetlands Day 2022, Khijadia Wildlife Sanctuary in Rajasthan & Bakhira Wildlife Sanctuary in Madhya Pradesh were declared as the Ramsar sites.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only A & B
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-3) Only A & B
The United Nations (UN)’s World Wetlands Day is annually observed across the globe on 2nd February.
i. The 2nd February 2022 marks the observance of the first ever UN-recognised World Wetlands Day.
ii. The theme of World Wetlands Day 2022 is “Wetlands Action for People and Nature”.
iii. On the occasion of World Wetlands Day 2022, Khijadia Wildlife Sanctuary in Gujarat & Bakhira Wildlife Sanctuary in Uttar Pradesh were declared as the Ramsar sites and also ‘National Wetland Decadal Change Atlas’ were released.
Note- The first ever World Wetlands Day was observed in 1997.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification