AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs August 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 3 August 2021
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where did the 112th Annual Day celebrations of National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) held?
1) New Delhi
2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
4) Guwahati, Assam
5) Ahmedabad, GujaratAnswer-1) New Delhi
The 112th Annual Day celebrations of National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) were held in New Delhi. Its function was presided over by Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
i.He also launched the 1st newsletter under the ‘National Programme on Climate Change and Human Health’ developed by NCDC.
- Which State Police was ranked 1st in India (in Aug’21) under ‘Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System’ (CCTNS) for effective policing through e-Governance?
2) Himachal Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
5) KeralaAnswer-3) Haryana
Haryana Police secured 1st position in India under Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System (CCTNS). While Gujarat & Himachal Pradesh Police were ranked at 2nd & 3rd positions.
i.CCTNS was created for a comprehensive & integrated system for effective policing through e-Governance with an allocation of INR 2000 crore.
- Identify the points that are correctly related to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites & the World Heritage Committee (WHC) meeting that was held (in July’21) at Fuzhou, China
A) During the meeting 34 new sites were included to UNESCO Heritage List, with 2 from India – KakatiyaRudreshwara Temple &Dholavira
B) With the addition of 2 sites, India now has 36 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
C) Congo’s Salonga National Park was removed from the List of World Heritage Sites in Danger, while Romania’s Rosia Montana Mining Landscape was added to the list
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & C
4) Only A
5) Only CAnswer-3) Only A & C
The Extended 44th Session of the World Heritage Committee (WHC) was held in Fuzhou, China. During the session, 34 properties were inscribed on the UNESCO Heritage List.
i.From India, 2 sites were newly added to the World Heritage List.
• KakatiyaRudreshwara Temple, Telangana
• Dholavira: A Harappan City, Gujarat
ii.With the addition of 2 sites, India now has 40 UNESCO World Heritage Sites (32 Cultural, 7 Natural & 1 Mixed Property).
iii.Salonga National Park (Congo) was removed from the List of World Heritage in Danger, while Rosia Montana Mining Landscape (Romania) was simultaneously added to the list.
- In August 2021, the 15th Finance Commission recommended a performance-based challenge fund of ________/state to ____ states for incubating a New City.
1) Rs 100 crores; 10
2) Rs 500 crore; 8
3) Rs 1000 crore; 10
4) Rs 500 crore; 10
5) Rs 1000 crore; 8Answer-5) Rs 1000 crore; 8
The 15th Finance Commission, in its latest report, has recommended a performance-based challenge fund of Rs 8,000 crore to 8 states for incubation of new cities. The amount available for each proposed new city is Rs 1,000 crore and a state can have only one new city under the proposed scheme.
i.As per RBI, the total amount of unclaimed deposits of Scheduled Commercial Banks (SCBs) was Rs. 24,356 crores, as on July 31, 2020.
- Who was awarded with the 2021 LokmanyaTilak National Award?
1) Adar Poonawalla
3) Cyrus Poonawalla
4) Uday Kotak
5) SonuSoodAnswer-3) Cyrus Poonawalla
Dr. Cyrus Poonawalla, Founder and Chairman of the Serum Institute of India (SII), Pune has been selected for LokmanyaTilak National Award, 2021.
i.LokmanyaTilak National Award-2020 was awarded to Educationalist – SonamWangchuk
- Who was appointed (in Aug’21) as the 25th Controller General of Accounts (CGA)?
1) Rajiv Mehrishi
2) Soma Roy Burman
3) Deepak Das
4) Girish Chandra Murmu
5) Shashi Kant SharmaAnswer-3) Deepak Das
Government of India appointed Deepak Das, as the 25th Controller General of Accounts (CGA) under the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure.
- Name the country that took over the Presidency of UNSC for the month of August 2021.
5) BrazilAnswer-2) India
India, the non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC), took over the presidency of the UNSC from France for the month of August 2021.
• India’s Permanent representative to UN – TS Tirumurti
- Who won the F1 Hungarian Grand Prix 2021?
1) Esteban Ocon
2) Sergio Pérez
3) Sebastian Vettel
4) Lewis Hamilton
5) Charles LeclercAnswer-1) Esteban Ocon
Alpine Renault’s Esteban Ocon (France) won the Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix 2021 held at Hungaroring, Budapest, Hungary. It is Esteban Ocon’s maiden F1 victory.
- Who authored the book, “Nehru, Tibet and China”?
1) Avtar Singh Bhasin
3) Vijay KeshavGokhale
4) Ashok Kantha
5) Nirupama RaoAnswer-1) Avtar Singh Bhasin
Avtar Singh Bhasin, the publisher of original archival documents, has authored a new book titled “Nehru, Tibet and China”. Various details & events that took place from the Independence of India to the 1962 Indo-China war were analysed in the book.
- International Friendship day is observed across the globe on __________, while India observes Friendship day on _________.
1) 30th July; 1st Saturday of August
2) 30th July; 1st Sunday of August
3) 31st July; 1st Saturday of August
4) 31st July; 1st Sunday of August
5) 1th August; 1st Saturday of AugustAnswer-2) 30th July; 1st Sunday of August
The United Nations(UN)’s International Day of Friendship is annually observed across the globe on 30th July to highlight the role of Friendship between people, countries, cultures and individuals towards peace efforts.
i.India celebrated Friendship Day on the 1st Sunday of the month of August.