AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the Ministry which advised the National Informatics Centre (NIC) to facilitate implementation of Supreme Court order on Limited registration of BS-IV vehicles.
1) Ministry of Heavy Industries
2) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
3) Ministry of Home Affairs
4) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
5) Ministry of Commerce
Answer-4) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has advised National Informatics Centre (NIC) to assist the States /UTs in limited registration of BS-IV vehicles all over India except Delhi/National Capital Region (NCR) on the lines with Supreme Court order dated 27.3.2020. On March 27, 2020, Supreme Court instructed automobile manufacturersto sell their 10% of unsold BS-IV vehicles within 10 days after the end of the lockdown period (April 14), but not in Delhi-NCR. The verdict has been passed by a bench of Justices Arun Mishra and Deepak Gupta.
- Ministry of Civil Aviation has launched Lifeline Udan flights for movement of medical and essential supplies across India (6 days). Who is the present Civil Aviation Minister?
1) Jitendra Singh
2) Nitin Gadkari
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
5) Hardeep Singh Puri
Answer-5) Hardeep Singh Puri
As a part of curbing the adverse impact of COVID 19, the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) launched Lifeline Udan flights on March 26, 2020 for movement of medical and essential supplies across India. Over 6 days period i.e. till March 31, 2020, 74 flights have been operated which had covered an aerial distance of over 70,000 km to transport 37.63 tonnes of medical cargo, out of which more than 22 tonnes was transported on March 31, 2020. Hardeep singhpuri is the current civil aviation minister.
- Under which section of IT Act, 1961 the Donations for PM-CARES fund granted with 100% exemption?
1) Section 80A
2) Section 80J
3) Section 80F
4) Section 80C
5) Section 80G
Answer-5) Section 80G
The donations made under newly-formed Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund (PM-CARES FUND) to aid the persons affected by the COVID-19 outbreak, are made eligible for 100% deduction under section 80G of the Income Tax (IT) Act, 1961.
- Name the Indian state which proposed to buy novel contraption ‘Portable Multi-feed Oxygen Manifold (MOM)’.
1) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
Answer-1) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh (AP) government has proposed to buy a novel contraption, ‘Portable Multi-feed Oxygen Manifold (MOM)’ to address the need for oxygen supply to coronavirus patients. It is developed by Personnel of the Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam (NDV).
- Navaratnalu- PedalandarikiIllu (Houses for All Poor)programme is related to which Indian state?
5) Andhra Pradesh
Answer-5) Andhra Pradesh
The Andhra Pradesh (AP) Government has issued a modified set of guidelines for the distribution of 25 lakh house sites to urban and rural poor under the Navaratnalu- PedalandarikiIllu (Houses for All Poor) programme.
- With which country India has completed 70-year diplomatic relations recently?
India and China have marked 70 years of diplomatic relations, both countries exchanged warm words of greetings and spoke of the partnership between the world’s two most populous nations. India became the first non-Communist country in Asia to establish diplomatic ties with China on April 1,1950.
- The UNSC has unanimously adopted 4 resolutions which held virtually. Name the countries which holds presidency for the Conference.
3) United States
The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) unanimously adopted four resolutions, voting for the first time remotely or through video-conferencing as the United Nations (UN) staff work from home due to the coronavirus outbreak. Importantly, UNSC is currently under China’s Presidency and China’s Ambassador to the UN Zhang Jun is the Council President.
- The 26th session of Conference of Parties (CoP) was postponed to 2021. The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) HQ located at?
1) New Delhi, India
2) London, UK
3) Rome, Italy
4) Madrid, Spain
5) Bonn, Germany
Answer-5) Bonn, Germany
The 26th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 26) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), which was planned to take place from 9-19 November 2020, in Glasgow, Scotland in the United Kingdom (UK) has been postponed to 2021 due to COVID-19.The date and location for the same is unspecified. Pre-COP and ‘Youth for the Climate’ event were also postponed supposed to be held in Italy. UNFCC HQ Bonn, Germany.
- Corona Care is the India’s 1st hospitalization insurance provided by which Digital payments company in collaboration with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance?
Digital payments company PhonePe has launched India’s first COVID-19 hospitalization insurance policy called Corona Care in collaboration with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance for people who have been infected and hospitalised for covid-19 treatment.
- Name the Public sector bank which has listed green bonds worth USD 100 million in India INX’s Global Securities Market Green Platform (GSM).
1) Bank of Maharashtra
2) Bank of Baroda
3) Indian Bank
4) Punjab National Bank
5) State Bank of India
Answer-5) State Bank of India
State Bank of India (SBI) has listed green bonds of USD 100 million (about Rs 750 crore) under its USD 10 billion global medium term note programme on India International Exchange Limited’s (INX) Global Securities Market Green Platform (GSM).
- What will be the shrink in global growth rate for the year 2020 as per UN-DESA United Nations-Department of Economic and Social Affairs?
United Nations (UN) Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) World Economic Forecasting Model estimates that the global economy could shrink by 1% in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic from an earlier forecast of 2.5%.
- As per Fitch solutions, India’s fiscal deficit will be what percentage of its GDP for 2020?
According to the Fitch Solutions, Inc, an American firm that offers credit market data, analytical tools and other services, India’s fiscal deficit is expected to go up to 6.2 % of gross domestic product (GDP) in fiscal year FY21 (April 2020 to March 2021), from 3.8 % of GDP previous estimates. The reason for this is the economic stimulus package given to deal with the economic impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic.
- Pravin Jadhav resigned from the post of MD & CEO of which company?
1) Jio money
2) SBI money
3) Paytm money
5) MI money
Answer-3) Paytm money
Pravin Jadhav, Founder MD (Managing Director) and CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of Paytm Money, resigned due to the issues related to employee stock options (ESOPs), annual salary and remuneration.
- How many locomotives was made by Chittaranjan locomotive works of Indian Railways in the FY 20 to create world record?
Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (CLW), the manufacturing unit of Indian Railways based in Asansol, West Bengal (WB), has set the Limca Book of Records for producing record 431 locomotives in the financial year 2019-2020 (FY20) in 292 working days. It is 2.15 times its installed capacity of 200 locomotives per year.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the joint venture between Adani green energy limited and Total SA for solar power generation. Who is the current CCI chairman (As on April 3, 2020)?
1) Bhagwant Singh Bishnoi
2) Ashok Kumar Gupta
3) Sangita shetty
4) Sangeeta Verma
5) Ashok Chawla
Answer-2) Ashok Kumar Gupta
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the formation of Joint Venture (JV) between Adani Green Energy Limited and Total S.A. for solar power generation in India. Ashok Kumar Gupta is the chairman of CCI.
- ICMR has found that a mixture of three quasi-subspecies of SARS-CoV-2(COVID-19) is in circulation in India. Where is the HQ of ICMR located?
3) New Delhi
Answer-3) New Delhi
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has stated that a mixture of three quasi-subspecies of SARS-CoV-2(COVID-19) is in circulation in India.These imported variants showed no differences from how they behaved in the place of origin. Scientists are yet to classify a SARS-Cov-2 variant as an Indian strain. ICMR headquarters is at New Delhi.
- Name the Central government’s 1st comprehensive COVID-19 tracking app.
1) Aarogya me
2) Covid-19 check
3) Coronaless India
5) Covid track
The Government of India (GoI) has officially launched its 1st comprehensive coronavirus (COVID-19) tracking app called ‘AarogyaSetu’ (which translates from Sanskrit to ‘A bridge of health’) for Android and iOS (iPhone Operating System) users to connect health services with the people to fight the novel coronavirus outbreak.
- Name the Tennis tournament which was cancelled (134th edition) for the 1st time since 2nd world war?
1) Australian open
2) US open
3) French open
5) Mexican open
Wimbledon organizers cancelled the 134th Edition of Wimbledon Tennis Tournament for the first time since WWII (World War II) due to the threats of Coronavirus (COVID- 19). The tournament was scheduled between June 29, 2020 to July 13, 2020 and the next edition of the tournament will be from June 28 to July 11, 2021. The event was conducted since 1877.
- Tony Lewis the man behind DLS method passed away in April 2020. DLS method is followed in which sports?
Tony Lewis, one of the men behind the Duckworth- Lewis- Stern (DLS) method, the mathematical formula used in weather-affected limited-overs cricket matches, passed away at the age of 78. He was born on February 25, 1942 in Bolton, Lancashire, UK (United Kingdom).Tony along with Frank Duckworth, developed the Duckworth- Lewis method in 1997.
- Bhai Nirmal Singh who passed away recently (April 2020) is _________.
1) Rap Singer
2) Classical Singer
3) Spiritual Singer
4) Folk Singer
5) Pop Singer
Answer-3) Spiritual Singer
Bhai Nirmal Singh Khalsa, Padma Shri awardee and former “HazooriRaagi” at the Golden Temple, passed away at the age of 62 in Amritsar, Punjab. He was born on April 12, 1952 in Ferozepur, Punjab. He received Padma Shri award in 2009 for his contribution in Arts.
- The Theme for World Autism Awareness Day 2020 is “The Transition to Adulthood”. The Day is celebrated annually on ________.
1) December 10
2) February 18
3) May 27
4) March 31
5) April 2
Answer-5) April 2
World Autism Awareness Day is observed every year on April 2 globally to raise awareness about autism and problems faced by people suffering from it. The day has been observed since 2008. The day is one of the seven health-based UN (United Nations) days. Theme for the year 2020: “The Transition to Adulthood”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- SWAYAM portal is launched by which ministry?
Answer-Human Resource and Development Ministry
The portal launched by Union Ministry of Human Resource and Development named SWAYAM has tripled number of viewers in last 1 week.
- What is the Abbreviation of MPLADS?
Answer-Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme
- Who is the present Road Transport and Highways Minister?
- What is the Number of permanent member nations present in UN Security Council?
- Who is the minister of Electronics and Information Technology?
Answer-Ravi Shankar Prasad
- SWAYAM portal is launched by which ministry?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/current-affairs-april-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try April Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]