AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 & 4 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- What are the points that are correctly related to the ‘Best Practices in the Performance of District Hospitals’ report?
A) The report released by the Ministry of Health, is an annual report on the performance assessment of district hospitals
B) As per the report, on average there are 45 beds for every 10,000 people in the District hospitals of India
C) Puducherry with 222 beds, has the highest number of beds in India, while Bihar with 6 beds, has the lowest average in India
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & C
4) Only C
5) Only A & B
Answer-4) Only C
NITI Aayog released a performance assessment report of district hospitals in India titled ‘Best Practices in the Performance of District Hospitals’.
i.This report is the 1st-ever performance assessment of district hospitals undertaken across India.
ii.District hospitals in India, on an average, have 24 beds per 1 lakh population, with Bihar having the lowest average of 6 beds and Puducherry the highest of 222.
- Which organisation partnered with Intel to establish an experience studio at the NITI Aayog Frontier Technologies Cloud Innovation Center (CIC)?
5) Amazon Web Services
Answer-5) Amazon Web Services
NITI Aayog tie-up with Intel and Amazon Web Services (AWS) to establish a new experience studio at the NITI Aayog Frontier Technologies Cloud Innovation Center (CIC).
i.The studio will act as a hub for experimentation with advanced technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the field of agriculture, health care, and smart infrastructure.
- In October 2021, PM Narendra Modi launched the 2nd phase of Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban (SBM-U 2.0) and AMRUT 2.0.
Which of the following statements is wrong with respect to the initiatives?
1) SBM-U 2.0 aims to make cities completely ‘free of garbage’ & ensure grey and black water management in all cities
2) SBM-U 2.0 was launched with a total outlay of Rs 1.41 lakh crore
3) AMRUT 2.0 aims to provide 100% coverage of sewerage and septage in 500 AMRUT cities
4) AMRUT 2.0 was launched with a total outlay of Rs 2.87 lakh crore
5) AMRUT stands for Atal Mission for Reforms in Urban Transformation
Answer-5) AMRUT stands for Atal Mission for Reforms in Urban Transformation
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi launched the second phase of Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban (SBM-U 2.0) and the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation 2.0 (AMRUT 2.0).
i.SBM-U 2.0 aims to make cities completely ‘free of garbage’ and ensure grey and black water management in all cities other than those covered under AMRUT.
• Outlay of SBM-U 2.0 – Rs 1.41 lakh crore
ii.Aims to provide 100% coverage of water supply to all households in urban local bodies & 100% coverage of sewerage and septage in 500 AMRUT cities
• Outlay of AMRUT 2.0 – Rs 2.87 lakh crore
iii.Initially, SBM was launched in 2014, while AMRUT was launched in 2015.
- Which Comic book character was named as the Official Mascot of ‘Namami Gange Programme’?
4) Chacha Chaudhary
Answer-4) Chacha Chaudhary
The Union government unveiled Chacha Chaudhary as a mascot for ‘Namami Gange Programme’, for sensitising children and youths about the cleaning of Ganga and other rivers. Public engagement activities like ‘Ganga ki Baat, Chacha Choudhary Ke Sath’ will be initiated with the character.
- In September 2021, ________ signed a $700-million build-operate-transfer agreement with Sri Lanka to jointly develop a Colombo Western Container Terminal for _________.
1) Tata Group; 35 Years
2) Tata Group; 25 Years
3) Adani group; 35 Years
4) Adani group; 25 Years
5) Aditya Birla Group; 35 Years
Answer-3) Adani group; 35 Years
Adani Group signed a $700-million build-operate-transfer agreement with Sri Lankan government-owned Sri Lanka Ports Authority (SLPA) and John Keells Holdings to jointly develop a Colombo Western Container Terminal (WCT) for 35 Years.
About Sri Lanka:
Capital – Colombo, Sri Jayewardenepura Kotte
President – Gotabaya Rajapaksa
- Who was appointed (in Oct’21) as the brand ambassador of Uttar Pradesh’s ‘one district-one product’ programme?
1) Amitabh Bachchan
2) Pallavi Joshi
3) Keerthy Suresh
4) Kangana Ranaut
5) Alia Bhatt
Answer-4) Kangana Ranaut
Uttar Pradesh appointed Indian actor Kangana Ranaut as the brand ambassador of its ”one district-one product” programme (ODOP). It will create product-specific traditional industrial hubs across 75 districts of the state.
- Who was appointed (in Oct’ 21) as the Managing Director of ‘Life Insurance Corporation of India’ (LIC)?
1) Sandeep Aggarwal
2) BC Patnaik
3) Vishwavir Ahuja
4) Rajiv Lochan
5) SN Subrahmanyan
Answer-2) BC Patnaik
The Union government appointed BC Patnaik Managing Director(MD) of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
Chairperson: M R Kumar
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Which Organization recently (in Oct’ 21) announced to lease the satellite named ‘GSAT-24’ to Tata Sky for DTH applications?
1) ISRO Inertial Systems Unit
2) National Remote Sensing Centre
3) Space Applications Centre
4) Antrix Corporation Limited
5) New Space India Limited
Answer-5) New Space India Limited
The Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) commercial arm, New Space India Limited (NSIL) announced its first ‘demand-driven’ communication satellite named ‘GSAT-24’ to Tata Sky for meeting their DTH application needs.
About New Space India Limited:
Founded: 6 March 2019
Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka
CMD: G Narayanan
- Who is the present (as of Oct’ 21) Director General of National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG)?
1) Rajiv Ranjan Mishra
2) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
3) Rattan Lal Kataria
4) Debashree Mukherjee
5) Pankaj Kumar
Answer-1) Rajiv Ranjan Mishra
It stands for National Mission for Clean Ganga.
Director General: Rajiv Ranjan Mishra
Established: 2th August 2011
- Name the airline company that was launched by stock market investor ‘Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’.
3) Go First
4) Alliance Air
5) Air First
‘Akasa’ an “ultra low-cost carrier”, or ULCC was launched by stock market investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala.