AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 & 4 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which state has won the Best Performing State award in the annual event of “Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Awards-2019”, awarded by PM Modi on January, 2021?
1) Uttar Pradesh
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
Answer-1) Uttar Pradesh
Explanation:PM Modi gave away annual “Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Awards-2019” for excellence in six categories for the implementation of PMAY-U. The PMAY(U) awards were instituted by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) in 2019.
Category Awardee Best Performing State Uttar Pradesh (UP) followed by Madhya Pradesh (MP) and Andhra Pradesh (AP) Best Practices and Innovation Awards Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu Best Performance (North East Region and Hilly State) Tripura Best Performing Municipal Corporation Visakhapatnam, AP Best Performing Municipal Corporation (North East Region and Hilly State) Agartala, Tripura Best Performing Municipal Council Mirzapur, UP Best Performing Municipal Council (North East Region and Hilly State) Thoubal, Manipur Best Performing Nagar Panchayat Malihabad, UP Best Performing Nagar Panchayat (North East Region and Hilly State) Dineshpur, Uttarakhand
- Which organisation has signed an agreement with Indian Army for developing 12 high-performance patrol boats for surveillance in major water bodies like Pangong Tso in Eastern Ladakh on January, 2021?
1) Mishra Dhatu Nigam
2) Hindustan Shipyard
3) Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders
4) Cochin Shipyard
5) Goa Shipyard Limited
Answer-5) Goa Shipyard Limited(GSL)
On January 1 2021, Indian Army has signed an agreement with Goa Shipyard Ltd(GSL), a state-run public sector, to procure the 12 high-performance patrol boats to boost its surveillance of major water bodies like Pangong Tso or Pangong Lake in eastern Ladakh and its surroundings including those in high altitude areas. All these patrol boats expect to be delivered from May 2021.
- Which country will replace South Korea to co-chair the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)-supported Asia Protected Areas Partnership (APAP) for 3 years?
India is all set to co-chair the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)-supported Asia Protected Areas Partnership (APAP), a regional forum to conserve wildlife habitats for three years. In this tenure India will assist other Asian countries in managing their protected areas. India will replace South Korea which held this position for three years till November, 2020. Notably APAP is chaired by IUCN Asia and co-chaired by an APAP country member.
- Which Bank partnered with RuPay to launch “RuPay PoS” in association with PayNearby distributors to transform smartphones into merchant Point of Sale (PoS) terminals?
1) HDFC Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) RBL Bank
4) DCB Bank
5) Yes Bank
Answer-3) RBL Bank
On December 31, 2020, the international card payment service RuPay partnered with RBL Bank to launch an innovative payment solution for Indian merchants “RuPay PoS” in association with PayNearby. The announcement for the same was made by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). This collaboration will transform smartphones into merchant Point of Sale (PoS) terminals for the retailers enabling the latter to accept contactless payments of up to Rs 5,000
- What was the base year set by RBI to measure growth in digital or cashless transactions in India for its Digital Payments Index (DPI)?
On January 1, 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) introduced the RBI-Digital Payments Index (DPI) to measure a growth in digital or cashless transactions across the country. It was released on the lines of the Statement on Developmental and Regulatory Policies as part of the Sixth Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement for 2019-20 dated February 06, 2020. For the index, the RBI has set the base year 2018. From March 2021, RBI will publish this DPI on its website on a semi-annual basis.
- Which organisation recently become an associate member of the International Organisation of Securities Commissions(IOSCO) on January, 2020?
1) British Columbia Securities Commission
2) Financial Services and Markets Authority
3) Financial Market Authority
4) International Financial Services Centres Authority
5) British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission
Answer-4) International Financial Services Centres Authority(IFSCA)
On 1st January 2021, the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) became an associate member of the International Organisation of Securities Commissions(IOSCO), an international organisation which sets the global standards for securities markets regulation. The membership will support IFSCA with a platform to exchange information at global level and regional level in the fields of common interest.
- Which organisation signed a USD 231 Million loan agreement with Indian Government for the construction of Lower Kopili Hydroelectric Power (LKHEP) plant in Assam?
1) International Monetary Fund
2) New Development Bank
3) World Bank
4) Asian Development Bank
5) International Development Association
Answer-4) Asian Development Bank(ADB)
On December 30, 2020, Asian Development Bank (ADB) & Government of India (GoI) signed a USD 231 Million (~ INR 1688.5 Crores) Loan Agreement for the Assam Power Sector Investment Program (APSIP) for the construction of Lower Kopili Hydroelectric Power (LKHEP) plant. This is the 3rd Tranche Loan for the program which was approved by ADB board in July, 2014.
- Who was recently appointed as the New Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Railway Board under Ministry of Railways, on January, 2021?
1) Vinod Kumar Yadav
2) Ajay Tyagi
3) Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
4) Suneet Sharma
5) Rekha Sharma
Answer-4) Suneet Sharma
On 31st December 2020, The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of Suneet Sharma as the New Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Railway Board under the Ministry of Railways. He takes over the charge from the incumbent VK Yadav upon the completion of his term as the Chairman and CEO of the board on 31st December 2020.
- Where was the Rafale fighter jets of India and France planned to carryout Exercise SKYROS, on January, 2021?
In a major development amid the ongoing border conflict with China, Rafale fighter jets of India and France will carry out wargames codenamed Exercise SKYROS in Jodhpur in the third week of January next year.
- When was Global Family Day celebrated annually?
1) 2nd January
2) 1st December
3) 25th December
4) 31st December
5) 1st January
Answer-5) 1st January
Global Family Day celebrated annually on 1st of January.