AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 29 September 2022 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- Name the institute that was recently (in Sept ‘22) signed an MoU with the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) for cooperation in various emerging areas of Telecom.
1) IIT Kharagpur
2) IIT Delhi
3) IIT Kanpur
4) IIT Madras
5) IIT BombayAnswer-2) IIT Delhi
The Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) and the Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi (IITD) have signed an MoU for collaboration in several areas of telecom, including Internet of Things (IoT)/ Machine-to-machine (M2M), Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML), Cyber Security, and 5G & Beyond technologies.
i. Aim: To create a framework that fosters a mutually productive framework between academic institutions and Research and Development (R&D) organizations in order to promote the development of wholly indigenous telecom solutions.
- Identify the Indian Naval Ship (INS) that was recently (in Sept ‘22) participated in the capacity-building exercise Operation Southern Readiness conducted by Combined Maritime Forces (CMF) in Seychelles.
1) INS Sharada
2) INS Saryu
3) INS Savitri
4) INS Sumitra
5) INS SunaynaAnswer-5) INS Sunayna
The Indian Naval Ship (INS) Sunayna participated in the capacity-building exercise Operation Southern Readiness conducted by Combined Maritime Forces (CMF) at Seychelles, held from 24th- 27th September 2022.
i. INS Sunayna is a 2nd Saryu-class Naval Offshore Patrol Vessel (NOPV) that was commissioned by vice admiral Sathish Soni, flag officer commanding in chief for southern naval command at Kochi in October 2013.
ii. The ship was designed and developed indigenously by Goa Shipyard Limited to meet the increasing ocean surveillance and patrolling requirements of the Indian Navy.
iii. INS Sunayna has an automatic power management system installed by Larsen & Turbo. The ship travels with a speed of more than 25 knots with its two KOEL/Pielstick diesel engines.
- Name the bank that recently (in Sept ‘22) launched ‘Khushiyon ka Tyohaar’, an annual festive campaign to offer interest rates on home loans and car loans.
1) Punjab National Bank
2) Indian Bank
3) Canara Bank
4) Union Bank of India
5) Bank of BarodaAnswer-5) Bank of Baroda
Bank of Baroda (BoB) has launched ‘Khushiyon ka Tyohaar’, an annual festive campaign that provides a range of offers including attractive interest rates on home loans and car loans, in addition to the discount on processing charges and other benefits.
i. In addition to these offers, Customers will also have an opportunity to earn higher interest with the Baroda Tiranga Deposit Scheme.
ii. BoB’s home loans are available at a competitive interest rate beginning at 7.95% per annum (p.a.) with no processing charges and the car loans are available at a special rate starting from 7.95% p.a. with a concession of 25 basis points.
- Which bank recently (in Sept ‘22) partnered with Samsung India to launch a co-branded credit card?
1) Kotak Mahindra Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) YES Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) ICICI BankAnswer-2) Axis Bank
Samsung India partnered with Axis Bank Limited to launch a co-branded Samsung Axis Bank credit card, powered by a visa platform.
i. It offers 10 percent cashback on every purchase and service of all Samsung products round the year in addition to the existing offers on both Equated Monthly Income (EMI) and non-EMI transactions. No minimum transaction value.
- In September 2022, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) revised the growth forecasts for Developing Asia and the Pacific to ______ from 5.2% in 2022.
5) 4.9%Answer-1) 4.3%
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) in its ‘Asian Development Outlook (ADO) September 2022 Update: Entrepreneurship in the Digital Age’ has revised down growth forecasts for 2022 for Developing Asia and Pacific to 4.3% from 5.2% estimated in April 2022.
i. It also slashed the growth projection for 2023 to 4.9% from 5.3% projected earlier.
- Which of the following points are ‘correct’ with respect to the Lata Mangeshkar Award, as of September 2022?
1) Playback Singer, Shailendra Singh is honoured with the Lata Mangeshkar Award for 2019.
2) The duo of Indian film music composersAnand-Milind Shrivastav is honoured with the Lata Mangeshkar Award for 2020.
3) Playback Singer Kumar Sanu is honoured with the Lata Mangeshkar Award for 2021.
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
The renowned playback singers Kumar Sanu & Shailendra Singh and the duo of Indian film music composers Anand & Milind Shrivastav have been conferred with the National Lata Mangeshkar Award for different years.
i. The prestigious award is given on the birth anniversary (28th Sept ‘22) of the late legendary singer, Lata Mangeshkar at her birthplace Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
• Shailendra Singh is honoured with the Lata Mangeshkar Award for 2019, for his distinct voice from 1970-1980.
• Anand-Milind is honoured with the Lata Mangeshkar Award for 2020, for composing music for over 200 films.
• Kumar Sanu is honoured with the Lata Mangeshkar Award for 2021, for his velvet voice to numerous popular songs in the 1990s.
ii. The Lata Mangeshkar Award is given annually by the Madhya Pradesh government to honour works in the field of music.
- Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud was recently (in Sept ‘22) named as the Prime Minister (PM) of which country?
1) Saudi Arabia
2) United Arab Emirates
5) IranAnswer-1) Saudi Arabia
Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, a powerful Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia and son of King Salman bin Abdulaziz has been named Prime Minister (PM) of Saudi Arabia by royal decree.
The former Prime Minister King Salman bin Abdulaziz will continue to chair the Cabinet meetings that he attends.
About Saudi Arabia:
King- Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
Currency- Saudi Riyal
- Name the bank that recently (in Sept ‘22) acquired a stake of over 5.56% in Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) for Rs 10 crore.
1) Canara Bank
2) Bank of Baroda
3) Bank of India
4) Punjab National Bank
5) Indian BankAnswer-3) Bank of India
The Bank of India (BoI) acquired over 5.56% stakes in Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) for Rs 10 crore under the private placement route.
i. In absolute terms, BoI acquired 10,00,000 equity shares for Rs 100 each in ONDC. The transaction is expected to be completed by the second quarter of FY23.
ii. The framework will make e-commerce more inclusive and accessible to consumers and sellers.
iii. It aims to promote open networks for all aspects of the exchange of goods and services over digital or electronic networks in the country.
- In September 2022, Union Minister of State (MoS) Faggan Singh Kulaste, launched the ‘JALDOOT App and JALDOOT App e-brochure’ for Monitoring of Groundwater Tables across India.
Which of the following ministries jointly developed the App?
1) Ministry of Panchayati Raj
2) Ministry of Rural Development
3) Ministry of Jal Shakti
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-4) Both 1 & 2
The Union Minister of State (MoS) Faggan Singh Kulaste, Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) launched the ‘JALDOOT App and JALDOOT App e-brochure’ during a function in New Delhi, Delhi.
i. This app will be used across India for the monitoring of groundwater tables by capturing the water level of selected 2-3 wells in a village.
ii. Developers of App:
• It is jointly developed by MoRD and Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR).
- What is the theme of World Rabies Day 2022 that was observed across the globe on 28th September 2022?
1) Rabies: Share the message, save a life
2) Rabies: Vaccinate to eliminate
3) End Rabies: Collaborate and Vaccinate
4) Rabies: Facts, not Fear
5) Rabies: One Health, Zero DeathAnswer-5) Rabies: One Health, Zero Death
The 16th World Rabies Day 2022 was observed across the globe on 28th September 2022 with the theme of “Rabies: One Health, Zero Death”.
i. The day also marks the death anniversary of the famous French Chemist and microbiologist, Louis Pasteur who died on 28th September 1895
ii. The first World Rabies Day was observed on 28 September 2007.