AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 29 September 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The Cable Stayed Bridge constructed across ‘which’ lake was inaugurated in Telangana recently (Claimed as ‘world’s longest pre-cast segmental span’)?
1) Pakhal Lake
2) Pocharam lake
3) Durgam Cheruvu
4) Laknavaram Lake
5) Shamirpet LakeAnswer-3) Durgam Cheruvu
Telangana Municipal Administration and Urban Development Minister K Taraka Ramarao inaugurated the cable stayed bridge on Durgam Cheruvu constructed across Durgam Cheruvu Lake along with a four-lane elevated corridor connecting it with Jubilee Hills in Hyderabad (Telangana)during an event. Union Minister of State (MoS) for Home Affairs Gangapuram Kishan Reddy was the chief guest of the event. Cost of both the structures together is over Rs 334 crore.
- Jammu & Kashmir has ‘how’ many official languages (as on September 2020)?
5) 6Answer-3) 5
President Ram Nath Kovind also gave assent to Jammu and Kashmir Official Languages Bill, 2020. This will make Kashmiri, Dogri, Hindi, English and Urdu as Official Language of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. Prior to this, Urdu and English were the official languages of Jammu & Kashmir. Jammu & Kashmir will now have 5 Official Languages.
- The Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bill, 2020 deregulates the production, supply, and distribution of which among the following?
5) None of the AboveAnswer-3) Cereals
On September 27, 2020 President Ram Nath Govind approves 3 farm bills passed by Parliament: The Farmers Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Bill, 2020, The Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Service Bill, 2020 and The Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bill, 2020.
Note: The Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bill, 2020: This act deregulates production, supply, and distribution of food items like cereals, pulses, potatoes, onion and edible oilseeds. It allows the Central Government to regulate supply only during extraordinary circumstances such as War and Famine.
- Maritime Union of India (MUI) has collaborated with which organization to assist seafarers who are stranded on ships due to COVID-19 Pandemic?
1) Association of Southeast Asian Nations
2) United Nations
3) Amnesty Internationals
4) South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation
5) None of the AboveAnswer-2) United Nations
Maritime Union of India (MUI) has collaborated with the United Nations to assist seafarers who are stranded on ships due to COVID-19 Pandemic. Through the Seafarers Crisis Action Team (SCAT), MUI will provide round-the-clock advice, counselling and assistance to Indian seafarers and their family members.
- India along with which country/countries hold virtual meet on Indo-Pacific under Quad framework recently?
3) Unites States of America
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)Answer-5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
Senior Officials from Ministry of External Affairs of India, Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade of Australia, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and Department of State of United States of America held video conference for dialogue on regional and global issues of common interest under the Quadrilateral coalition or QUAD (Quadrilateral Security Dialogue) Framework. The officials exchanged views on cooperation in areas of maritime security, counter-terrorism, connectivity and infrastructure development, with objective of promoting peace, security and stability in the Indo-Pacific region.
- How much was extended as financial assistance by India to Sri Lanka for promotion of Buddhist ties between two countries?
1) USD 5 million
2) USD 10 million
3) USD 20 million
4) USD 25 million
5) USD 15 millionAnswer-5) USD 15 million
PM Modi also announced a grant assistance of US$ 15 million (approximately Rs.110 crores) for the promotion of Buddhist ties between the two countries. It will deepen people-to-people linkages through construction/renovation of Buddhist Monasteries, capacity development, cultural exchanges, archaeological cooperation, reciprocal exposition of The Buddha’s relics and strengthening the engagement between Buddhist Scholars and clergy of two countries.
- Which state government has launched Mukhyamantri Kisan Kalyan Yojna for farmers (Rs. 4000 will be transferred to farmers annually)?
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) TelanganaAnswer-4) Madhya Pradesh
Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Chief Minister (CM) of Madhya Pradesh (MP) launched the “Mukhyamantri Kisan Kalyan Yojna” in line with the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan) Scheme of the central government. Under this scheme annually Rs.4000 will be transferred to the accounts of around 175000 farmers of MP in two equal installments in addition to the Rs.6000 annually transferred to the farmers under the PM-Kisan Scheme. This will enable the farmers of MP to get samman nidhi of Rs.10000 per year.
- Name the state/UT government which has launched “Paryatan Sanjeevani Scheme” to provide loan between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 20 lakh to entrepreneurs.
2) Arunachal Pradesh
5) Jammu & KashmirAnswer-3) Assam
On the occasion of World Tourism Day (WTD) 2020 i.e. on September 27, 2020, the Chief Minister (CM) of Assam Sarbananda Sonowal during a Tourism Conclave organised by government of Assam in association with Assam Tourism Development Corporation (ATDC) Limited, launched “Paryatan Sanjeevani Scheme” under which loan between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 20 lakh with interest subsidy would be provided to entrepreneurs to revive the tourism industry amid the coronavirus crisis. Apart from above he also launched another scheme ‘Paryatan Sarathi’, which will provide information about Assam tourism, facilities for bookings, tour packages, hotels along with online payment gateway options.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced Positive Pay System for Cheque Truncation System (CTS) above ________ from January 1, 2021.
1) Rs 10,000
2) Rs 75,000
3) Rs 50,000
4) Rs 25,000
5) Rs 1,00,000Answer-3) Rs 50,000
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued a directive under Section 10 (2) read with Section 18 of Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 (Act 51 of 2007) stating an introduction of Positive Pay System for Cheque Truncation System (CTS) for banks in order to check fraud. It will be implemented from January 01, 2021. To be developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), this system will require re-confirmation of key details for payments beyond Rs 50,000. It should be noted that the usage of Positive Pay System is at the choice of account holder; however, banks may make it mandatory in case of cheques for amounts of Rs 5 lakh and above.
- Which bank has launched India’s 1st warehouse commodity finance app?
1) IDBI Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) Yes Bank
5) HDFC BankAnswer-5) HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank launched India’s first Warehouse Commodity Finance App. The app will help customers to draw down and manage the loan against the pledge of commodities online without physical intervention or multiple visits to a bank branch. This will bring improved efficiencies and time savings for the agri value chain. The app will benefit enormously the agri processors, traders and farmers who are primary beneficiaries of WHR loans (Warehouse Receipt Loans).
- Name the person who has been roped by Reserve Bank of India for the customer awareness campaign.
1) MS Dhoni
2) Kareena Kapoor
3) Virat Kohli
4) Amitabh Bachchan
5) Anushka SharmaAnswer-4) Amitabh Bachchan
The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) roped in Indian Film Actor Amitabh Bachchan for the customer awareness campaign to prevent naive account holders from being deceived by fraudsters. As part of the RBI’s public awareness campaign, the regulator continues to inform customers about do’s and don’ts for safe and secure transactions. RBI has become the most popular central bank on twitter, with about 9.66 lakh followers while US Federal Reserve, world’s most powerful central bank has about 6.64 lakh followers.
- Reserve Bank of India has approved 3-member committee headed by Meeta Makhan to function as the ad-interim MD&CEO of which bank?
1) Dhanlakshmi Bank
2) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
3) Catholic Syrian Bank
4) ING Vysya Bank
5) Karur Vysya BankAnswer-2) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) approved that the daily affairs of Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB)will be run by a Committee of Directors (CoD) composed of 3 independent directors namely, Meeta Makhan, Chairperson of the CoD, Shakti Sinha, Member and Satish Kumar Kalra, Member. The CoD will exercise the discretionary powers of Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) in the ad-interim. Until a new MD is appointed, the existing senior management team and the board of directors will discharge the day-to-day affairs of the bank as usual.
- Who has been appointed as the new Prime minister of Mali (September 2020)?
1) Moctar Ouane
2) Bah N’Daw
3) Assimi Goita
4) Ibrahim Boubacar
5) Assimi GoitaAnswer-1) Moctar Ouane
Former Foreign Affairs Minister Moctar Ouane (64) was appointed as the New Prime Minister of Mali by the decree signed by Mali’s new interim President Bah N’Daw, following the military coup on 18th August 2020, The new President Bah N’Daw, Vice President Assimi Goita and the PM Moctar Ouane will lead the transitional government of Mali until the election in 18 months.
- Mustapha Adib has been resigned from the post of Prime minister of which country?
5) OmanAnswer-1) Lebanon
Mustapha Adib, Lebanon’s Prime Minister designate, resigned after failing to form a government in a month of negotiations. His resignation comes amidst a political crisis over government formation, after he was appointed to the position on August 31, 2020.
- Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Kerala based start-up ‘Entri’?
1) KL Rahul
2) Ishan Kishan
3) Surya Kumar Yadav
4) Robin Uthappa
5) Nitish RanaAnswer-4) Robin Uthappa
Entri, a local language learning app for jobs, signed up Indian cricketer Robin Uthappa (representing Rajasthan Royals in IPL 2020) as its brand ambassador in its 1st major campaign across India. It has also partnered with Hotstar to run ad campaigns in 5 different languages throughout the ongoing IPL (Indian Premier League) season. He is nicknamed as ‘The Walking Assassin’ for his tactic of charging the bowler.
- Alapan Bandopadhyay has been appointed as the chief secretary of which state?
2) West Bengal
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer-2) West Bengal
Alapan Bandopadhyay, present Additional Chief Secretary (Home & Information) of West Bengal was named as the Chief Secretary of the state. He will take charge on October 1, 2020. He will succeed Rajiva Sinha who retires on September 30, 2020. Rajiva Sinha has been appointed the chairman of the West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation(WBIDC) for a period of 3 years with effect from October 1,2020. Alapan Bandopadhyay is a 1987-batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of West Bengal cadre.
- Who has inaugurated the “Destination North East-2020” through video conference on theme “The Emerging Delightful Destinations”.
1) Harsh Vardhan
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Narendra Modi
4) Amit Shah
5) Prakash JavadekarAnswer-4) Amit Shah
On Occasion of World Tourism Day (i.e 27th September, 2020) Union Home Minister Amit Shah (Home Minister is also the Chairman of North-East Council) inaugurated the “Destination North East-2020” through video conference. The theme for Destination North East 2020 is “The Emerging Delightful Destinations”. The four-day festival (27th September – 30th September, 2020) will promote and showcase the North East’s (NE) tourism, culture, heritage and business. On September 22, 2020 MDoNER, Jitendra Singh unveiled the Logo and song for “Destination North East-2020”.
- The virtual bilateral meeting between India and which country held recently (September 2020)?
1) Sri Lanka
5) IcelandAnswer-1) Sri Lanka
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa held a Virtual Bilateral Summit. During the summit, the two leaders discussed bilateral relations, and mutual areas of concern in Regional and International issues. This is the first such Bilateral meet between the two countries since Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa’s election to office in August, 2020.
- Who has won Russian Grand Prix 2020?
1) Charles Leclerc
2) Lewis Hamilton
3) Valtteri Bottas
4) Sebastian Vettel
5) Max VerstappenAnswer-3) Valtteri Bottas
Mercedes Driver Valtteri Viktor Bottas (Finland) won the Russian Grand Prix 2020 held at Sochi Autodrom, Russia. Red Bull’s Max Verstappen (Netherlands) finished Second, while Mercedes Lewis Hamilton (Britain) finished Third in the Russian Grand Prix 2020.
- Isher Judge Ahluwalia who passed away recently is the former chairperson of which organization?
1) Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER)
2) Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
3) Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
4) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
5) Atomic Energy Commission (AEC)Answer-1) Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER)
Dr. Isher Judge Ahluwalia, Indian economist, public policy researcher and the former Chairperson of an economic think tank, the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER), who served for 15 years from 2005-2020 passed away at the age of 74 at New Delhi due to brain cancer. She received the Padma Bhushan in 2009. She was born on 1st October 1945. She recently published her memoir titled “Breaking Through”, a proof of her career which broke the barriers that huddled women’s careers.
- Former union minister Jaswant Singh who passed away recently is the founding member of which party?
1) Bharatiya Janata Party
2) Communist Party of India
3) Indian National Congress
4) All India Trinamool Congress
5) National People’s PartyAnswer-1) Bharatiya Janata Party
Major Jaswant Singh (Retd), former Union Minister in the cabinet of Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Founding member of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) passed away at the age of 82 at New Delhi due to cardiac arrest. He was born in 1939 in Barmer, Rajasthan. Jaswant Singh was elected 4 times to the Lok Sabha and 5 times to the Rajya Sabha during which he held the key portfolios like External affairs, Defence and Finance.
- The world tourism day (WTD) was celebrated annually on September 27. What is the theme of WTD 2020?
1) “Tourism for All – promoting universal accessibility”
2) “Sustainable Tourism – a Tool for Development”
3) “Tourism and the Digital Transformation”
4) “Tourism and Jobs: a better future for all”
5) “Tourism and Rural Development”Answer-5) “Tourism and Rural Development”
World Tourism Day (WTD) is held annually on September 27 globally to raise awareness on the importance of tourism in the social, cultural, political and economic aspects of any region. The year 2020 marked a worst-hit on the tourism sector due to COVID-19 induced lockdowns and restriction on travels. However, to reshape this effect into opportunity, the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) has designated 2020 as the Year of Tourism and Rural Development. Therefore, the 2020 edition of WTD was held with the theme “Tourism and Rural Development” to promote the potential of tourism to create jobs and opportunities in rural areas and to preserve cultural and natural heritage all around the world. Notably, this is for the first time that the official celebration was not hosted by a single Member State of the UNWTO’s instead, nations from the Mercosur bloc (Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay, with Chile joining with observer status) served as joint hosts.
- What is the theme of International Week of the Deaf 2020?
1) “Reaffirming Deaf People’s Human Rights”
2) “Sign Languages Rights for All!”
3) “With Sign Language, everyone is Included!”
4) “‘Full Inclusion with Sign Language!”
5) “With Sign Language, I am Equal.”Answer-1) “Reaffirming Deaf People’s Human Rights”
The International Week of the Deaf (IWD), an initiative of the WFD was first launched in 1958 in Rome, Italy. It is celebrated annually by the global Deaf Community during the last full week of September to commemorate the first World Congress of the WFD which was held in September. This year (2020), it falls on 21-27 September. Theme of the 2020 International Week of the Deaf– “Reaffirming Deaf People’s Human Rights”.
- When was the World Rabies Day observed annually (2020’s theme – “End Rabies: Collaborate, Vaccinate”)?
1) September 30
2) September 26
3) September 28
4) September 27
5) September 29Answer-3) September 28
World Rabies Day is observed annually on September 28 to raise awareness about the impact of rabies and how the disease can be prevented. The year 2020 marked the 14th World Rabies Day with theme “End Rabies: Collaborate, Vaccinate”. As per the Global Alliance for Rabies Control(GARC), the theme focuses on the current issues in rabies elimination such as: The goal of Zero by 2030 The importance of dog vaccination and post-exposure prophylaxis; and The need for a united effort towards achieving the elimination of this transboundary disease.
- Which edition of International Day for Universal Access to Information (IDUAI) was observed on September 28, 2020 on theme “Access to Information in Times of Crisis”?
5) 5thAnswer-3) 1st
The United Nations (UN)’s International Day for Universal Access to Information (IDUAI) is annually observed on 28th September to create awareness about the importance of access to information and to enhance the people’s rights to information. 28th September 2020 marks the first celebration of International Day for Universal Access to Information since proclaimed by the United Nations. The theme of IDUAI 2020 is “Access to Information in Times of Crisis”.
- The World Deaf Day 2020 observed on ________.
1) July 15
2) October 1
3) September 5
4) September 27
5) August 29Answer-4) September 27
World Deaf Day is celebrated every year on the last Sunday of September, this year (2020) it falls on September 27. The day aims to create awareness about the achievements of the deaf people and deaf people community, to the general public, politician and development authorities. Note– World Deaf Day 2019 was observed on September 29, 2019. The World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) initiated the celebration of the World Day of the Deaf in 1958.
- Who has launched Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)’s Vaccine Web Portal and National Clinical Registry for COVID-19?
1) Amit Shah
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Harsh Vardhan
4) Nitin Gadkari
5) Prakash JavadekarAnswer-3) Harsh Vardhan
Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), Harsh Vardhan launched Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)’s Vaccine Web Portal and National Clinical Registry for COVID-19. The portal will provide information regarding COVID-19 vaccine development for COVID-19 in India and Abroad. The National COVID-19 Clinical Registry will collect data concerning clinical and laboratory investigations, treatments, management protocols and outcomes of hospitalized COVID patients in India. Also, A Report named “What India Eats” was released by the Minister, which shows the main dietary patterns in India.
- Name the app which was launched by union minister Dharmendra Pradhan during World Tourism Day celebration 2020.
5) SEHATAnswer-4) SAATHI
The Ministry of Tourism celebrated WTD 2020 through a virtual platform from New Delhi where Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel Dharmendra Pradhan was the chief guest. It was also attended by Union Minister of Tourism and Culture (I/C) Prahlad Singh Patel, Secretary, Ministry of Tourism Yogendra Tripathi, Director General, Tourism Meenakshi Sharma, among others. The event saw the launch of initiatives which are as follows: During the event SAATHI (System for Assessment, Awareness & Training for Hospitality Industry) Application was launched by Dharmendra Pradhan. Dharmendra Pradhan also launched a film ‘Pathik’, an initiative on Incredible India Tourist Facilitators Certification Programme (IITFC) and an ICPB (India Convention Promotion Bureau) MICE (Meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions) Promotional film to communicate a positive message for welcoming events to India when competing destinations are already actively marketing their products.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Kushinagar international airport is located in which state?
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) TelanganaAnswer-3) Uttar Pradesh
The Government of India agreed to facilitate the visit of a Delegation Buddhish pilgrims from Sri Lanka in the Inaugural International Flight to the city of Kushinagar, Uttar Pradesh (Recently announced as International Airport due to its significance in Buddhism).
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is located in which state?
2) West Bengal
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) TelanganaAnswer-2) West Bengal
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport is an international airport located in Dum Dum, West Bengal, India, serving the Kolkata metropolitan area.
- Where is the headquarters of United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) located?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Rome, Italy
3) Madrid, Spain
4) London, United Kingdom
5) Sydney, AustraliaAnswer-3) Madrid, Spain
United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO): Secretary-General– Zurab Pololikashvili; Headquarters– Madrid, Spain.
- Who authored the book titled “Jinnah: India, Partition, Independence” and “A Call to Honour”?
1) Aguiar Rajiv
2) Shantanu Gupta
3) Shashi Taroor
4) Jaswant Singh
5) None of the AboveAnswer-4) Jaswant Singh
Jaswant Singh’s books include, “Jinnah: India, Partition, Independence (2009)” and A Call to Honour (2006).
- “The changing face of prosperity” is the tagline of which bank?
1) Karur Vysya Bank
2) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
3) ING Vysya Bank
4) Dhanlakshmi Bank
5) Catholic Syrian BankAnswer-2) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
“The changing face of prosperity” is the tagline of Lakshmi Vilas Bank.