AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 29 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs July 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 29 July 2021
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- What are the points that are correctly related to the initiatives made during the Foundation day celebration of the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES)?
A) In 2006, the central government of India established the Ministry of Earth Science
B) MoES launched ‘Pune Weather Live’ – a mobile app developed by Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology
C) Dr Satish Shetye received ‘LifeTime Excellence Award’ during the MoES National Awards 2021
1) Only B & C
2) All A, B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only A & CAnswer-5) Only A & C
The Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) celebrated its 15th Foundation Day on 28th July at its Headquarters in Prithvi Bhavan, New Delhi. MoES came into existence through a Presidential Notification dated the 12th July, 2006
i.MoES-ESSDP (Earth System Science Data Portal), an Integrated digital web portal
ii.‘Pune Weather Live’, a new mobile app developed by India Meteorological Department (IMD).
iii.Dr Satish Shetye received ‘LifeTime Excellence Award’ during the MoES National Awards 2021
- Identify the Public Sector Bank that topped in Clearing its bad loans/Non-Performing Assets in FY21
1) Canara Bank
2) Union Bank of India
3) State Bank of India
4) Punjab National Bank
5) Indian BankAnswer-3) State Bank of India
State Bank of India (SBI) topped the list of Public Sector Banks (PSB) in cleaning up their bad loans/Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) from their balance-sheets in FY21 followed by Union Bank of India.
- Name the financial solution launched (in July’21) by ‘Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications (SWIFT)’ to enable Low-Value Cross-Border Payments across the globe for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
1) SWIFT SME
2) SWIFT World
3) SWIFT Go
4) SWIFT Trade
5) SWIFT MarketAnswer-3) SWIFT Go
Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications (SWIFT) has launched a new solution for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) named ‘SWIFT Go’ to enable seamless Low-Value Cross-Border Payments anywhere in the world, directly from their bank accounts.
- Which insurance company partnered (in July’21) with SVAAS Wellness to launch a 1st of its kind cashless outpatient health insurance policy?
1) Star Health Insurance
2) ICICI Lombard General Insurance
3) Manipal Cigna Health Insurance
4) Max Bupa Health Insurance
5) Care Health InsuranceAnswer-2) ICICI Lombard General Insurance
SVAAS Wellness Ltd, the wholly-owned subsidiary of Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd, and ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company, collaborated for the pilot launch of a first-of-its-kind cashless outpatient digital health solution to health insurance policyholders in India.
- Which organisation partnered with InCred (in July’21) to offer collateral-free loans to e-commerce merchants in India?
4) Amazon India
5) PaytmAnswer-4) Amazon India
The financial services platform InCred has signed a strategic partnership with Amazon India to offer collateral-free, working capital loans up to Rs 50 lakhs to e-commerce merchants (amazon merchants) across India.
- In July 2021, _________________ released ‘Fault Lines Widen in the Global Recovery’ – World Economic Outlook, where India’s GDP growth was forecasted to be _____ for FY22.
1) World Bank; 12.5%
2) International Monetary Fund; 12.5%
3) World Bank; 6.9%
4) International Monetary Fund; 9.5%
5) World Bank; 9.5%Answer-4) International Monetary Fund; 9.5%
In its July 2021 World Economic Outlook (WEO) – ‘Fault Lines Widen in the Global Recovery’, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has reduced India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast in FY22 to 9.5% from 12.5% (April 2021 projection) and raised the growth forecast for FY23 to 8.5 percent from 6.9 percent.
- Who was named as the Differently Abled Sportsman of the Year for 2019 by the Indian Sports Honour?
1) Pramod Bhagat
2) Varun Singh Bhati
3) Lee Pearson
4) Pooja Dhanda
5) Daniel DiasAnswer-1) Pramod Bhagat
World No. 1 Para-shuttler Pramod Bhagat was named as the Differently Abled Sportsman of the Year by Indian Sports Honour for 2019 (the award was delayed due to COVID-19).
- In July 2021, India’s 1st Arjuna awardee Nandu Natekar passed away. In which sport did he represent India?
5) BoxingAnswer-3) Badminton
Indian Badminton Legend & Arjuna awardee Nandu Natekar passed away due to age related ailments in Pune, Maharashtra. He was the 1st Indian Badminton Player to win an International event, when he won the Selangor International title held at Malaysia in 1956.
i.He was one of the 1st sportsmen to receive the Arjuna Award, when they were introduced in 1961.
- Who was the 1st Secretary-General of the United Nations?
1) Kofi Annan
2) António Guterres
3) Trygve Lie
4) Ban Ki-moon
5) U ThantAnswer-3) Trygve Lie
Trygve Halvdan Lie from Norway was the 1st Secretary-General of the United Nations and served in office between February 1, 1946 & November 10, 1952.
- Which was the 2019 Lok Sabha constituency of Dr. Jitendra Singh – Minister of State (I/C) for Science and Technology?
1) Khunti, Jharkhand
2) Khunti, Jharkhand
3) Morena, Madhya Pradesh
4) Udhampur, Jammu & Kashmir
5) Nagpur, MaharashtraAnswer-4) Udhampur, Jammu & Kashmir
Dr. Jitendra Singh – Minister of State (I/C) for Science and Technology; Earth Science was an elected member of the parliament from the Udhampur Lok Sabha constituency of Jammu & Kashmir in 2019.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification