AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 29 & 30 October 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs October 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Which of the following company has recently (in October ‘23) produced India’s 1st reference Gasoline and diesel fuels used to calibrate and test vehicles?
1) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
2) Reliance Industries Limited
3) Indian Oil Corporation Limited
4) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
5) GAIL India LimitedAnswer-3) Indian Oil Corporation Limited
Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG) launched the India’s 1st Reference Gasoline and Diesel Fuels produced by Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL).
With this launch, India joined the elite group of nations with domestic production of ‘Reference’ Petrol and Diesel and IOCL becomes the 4th refiner in the world to produce ‘reference’ grade petrol and diesel.
IOCL’s Paradip refinery (Odisha) will produce ‘reference’ grade petrol; IOCL’s Panipat Refinery (Haryana) will produce ‘reference’ quality diesel.
The Reference fuels (gasoline and diesel) are premium high-value products that are used to calibrate and test vehicles by auto Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEMs) and testing agencies like the International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) and the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI).
The regular fuel has an octane number of 87, but premium fuel has an octane number of 91. Reference grade fuel comes with a 97 octane number.
- Which of the following points is/are “correct” with respect to “Master Direction – Reserve Bank of India [Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC)– Scale Based Regulation(SBR)] Directions, 2023”?
A) It replaces the Non-Banking Financial Company–Non-Systemically Important Non-Deposit taking (Reserve Bank) Directions, 2016, and the Non-Banking Financial Company–Systemically Important Non-Deposit taking Company and Deposit taking Company (Reserve Bank) Directions, 2016.
B) Under this regulatory framework, NBFCs are categorized into 4 layers based on their size, activities, and perceived risk including NBFCs-Base Layer, NBFCs-Middle Layer, NBFCs-Upper Layer and NBFCs-Top Layer.
C) Following the April 2023 Statement on Developmental and Regulatory Policies, the Reserve Bank of India is mandating Credit Information Companies (CICs) and Credit Institutions (CIs) to enhance customer service and grievance redress mechanisms, pursuant to Section 11(1) of the Credit Information Companies (Regulation) Act, 2005
1) Only A
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-5) All A, B & C
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has recently published a new set of guidelines called the “Master Direction – Reserve Bank of India [Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC)– Scale Based Regulation(SBR)] Directions, 2023”.
It replaces the Non-Banking Financial Company–Non-Systemically Important Non-Deposit taking (Reserve Bank) Directions, 2016, and the Non-Banking Financial Company–Systemically Important Non-Deposit taking Company and Deposit taking Company (Reserve Bank) Directions, 2016.
Under this regulatory framework, NBFCs are categorized into 4 layers based on their size, activities, and perceived risk including NBFCs-Base Layer, NBFCs-Middle Layer, NBFCs-Upper Layer and NBFCs-Top Layer.
Following the April 2023 Statement on Developmental and Regulatory Policies, the Reserve Bank of India is mandating Credit Information Companies (CICs) and Credit Institutions (CIs) to enhance customer service and grievance redress mechanisms, pursuant to Section 11(1) of the Credit Information Companies (Regulation) Act, 2005.
- Which of the following bank has recently (in October ‘23) launched GO Savings Account, a zero-balance digital banking product?
1) IDBI Bank
2) RBL Bank
3) YES Bank
4) Karur Vysya Bank
5) South Indian BankAnswer-2) RBL Bank
RBL Bank, formerly known as Ratnakar Bank, has launched the GO Savings Account, a zero-balance digital banking product. The account has a subscription-based model means it will replace minimum balance requirement, thus, finishing the hassle of maintaining a minimum balance.
The subscription fee is Rs 1999 (plus taxes) for the first year, and an annual renewal fee of Rs 599 (+taxes).
GO Savings Account Features include Competitive interest rates of up to 7.5% per annum, a premium debit card, Comprehensive cyber insurance cover, accident and travel insurance up to Rs 1 crore, and a free CIBIL report.
- In October ‘23, three Indian technology experts namely Amandeep Singh Gill, Nazneen Rajani, and Sharad Sharma were named in the list of 39-member ___________ High-level Advisory Body on Artificial Intelligence
1) World Intellectual Property Organization
2) European Union
3) World Trade Organization
4) United Nations
5) International Telecommunication UnionAnswer-4) United Nations
The United Nations (UN) Secretary-General (SG) António Guterres revealed the formation of a 39-member High-Level Multistakeholder Advisory Body on Artificial Intelligence (AI) in New York, the United States of America (USA).
The list featured 3 Indian technology experts namely Amandeep Singh Gill, UN SG’s Envoy on Technology(since 2022); Nazneen Rajani, Lead Researcher at Hugging Face; and Sharad Sharma, Co-founder of iSPIRT Foundation.
The Board will support the international community’s efforts to govern AI and its members’ list comprises experts from the government, private sector, research community, civil society, and academia.
It will help bridge other existing and emerging initiatives on AI governance and issue preliminary recommendations by the end of 2023, with final recommendations by summer 2024, ahead of the Summit of the Future.
- Which Bollywood actor has recently (in October 2023) named as the ‘National Icon’ for voter awareness and education by the Election Commission of India (ECI)?
1) Anupam Kher
2) Rajkummar Rao
3) Hrithik Roshan
4) Amitabh Bachchan
5) Akshay KumarAnswer-2) Rajkummar Rao
Bollywood Actor Rajkummar Rao was named as the ‘National Icon’ for voter awareness and education by the Election Commission of India(ECI).
Rajkummar Rao and ECI entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for a period of 3 years at the event held in New Delhi, Delhi, in the presence of the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC), Rajiv Kumar, and Election Commissioners Anup Chandra Pandey and Arun Goel.
Through this collaboration, Rajkummar Rao will promote voter awareness in various TV talk shows/ programs and digital campaigns about the importance of voting and strengthening the roots of democracy by fostering a more engaged and informed electorate.
Rajkummar Rao won the best actor award in the 2014 National Flim Awards for acting in ‘Shahid’ movie which was a real life story of Shahid Azmi, slain lawyer and human rights activist from Mumbai, Maharashtra State of India.
- Who is the author of the following books Ashtadhyayi Bhashya’, ‘Ramanandacharya Charitam’, and ‘Bhagwan Shri Krishna ki Rashtraleela‘ which has been recently (in October ‘23) released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Madhya Pradesh?
1) Baba Ramdev
2) Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
3) Jagadguru Rambhadracharya
4) Mātā Amritānandamayī
5) SadhguruAnswer-3) Jagadguru Rambhadracharya
Prime Minister Narendra Modi released three books, including ‘Ashtadhyayi Bhashya’, ‘Ramanandacharya Charitam’, and ‘Bhagwan Shri Krishna ki Rashtraleela‘, during his visit to Tulsi Peeth in Chitrakoot, Madhya Pradesh.
The three books were written by Jagadguru Rambhadracharya of Tulsi Peeth.
Tulsi Peeth is a religious and social service institution which was established by Jagadguru Rambhadracharya in 1987 and is one of the leading publishers of Hindu religious literature.
Jagadguru Rambhadracharya awarded Padam Vibhushan in 2015 in the field of Literature and Education.
- When was the International Animation Day (IAD) 2023 observed across the globe to honour the birth of animation?
1) 29th October 2023
2) 26th October 2023
3) 28th October 2023
4) 25th October 2023
5)27th October 2023Answer-3) 28th October 2023
International Animation Day (IAD) is annually observed across the globe on 28 October to honour the birth of animation, recognised as the first public performance of projected moving images at Emile Reynaud’s Théâtre Optique in Paris (France), on the 28th of October 1892.
28 October 2023 marks the observance of the 22nd International Animation Day.The first IAD was observed on 28 October 2002.
IAD is annually coordinated and promoted by the Association Internationale du Film d’Animation (ASIFA) (International Animated Film Association).
- Which company has recently (in October ‘23) signed a memorandum of understanding with France’s Safran Aircraft Engines to develop industrial cooperation in ring forging manufacturing for commercial engines?
1) Bharat Dynamics Limited
2) Antrix Corporation Limited
3) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
4) Skyroot Aerospace Private Limited
5) Indian Space Research OrganisationAnswer-3) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Safran Aircraft Engines, a French aerospace engine manufacturer, to develop industrial cooperation in ring forging manufacturing for commercial engines.
HAL will produce LEAP (Leading Edge Aviation Propulsion) engine forgings at its foundry and forge facility in Bengaluru.LEAP powers the Airbus A320 Neo family and Boeing 737 Max.
MoU was signed by Mihir Kanti Mishra, CEO (Bangalore Complex) of HAL, and Dominique Dupuy, Senior Vice-President (Purchasing) of Safran Aircraft Engines during a ceremony at Bengaluru, Karnataka.
HAL is a Navaratna Status Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) under the Ministry of Defence(MoD).
- Which state’s forest department has recently (in October ‘23) launched the Hostile Activity Watch Kernel (HAWK) system to monitor all aspects of forest and wildlife crime?
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-3) Karnataka
The Karnataka Forest Department, along with Wildlife Trust of India(WTI) has launched the Hostile Activity Watch Kernel (HAWK) system, a specialised software platform to monitor all aspects of forest and wildlife crime.
The initiative is supported by NTT DATA, an Information technology (IT) services provider, under its Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR) programme.
HAWK is a cloud-based information Management System designed to manage interlinked databases of wildlife crime, wildlife criminals, and wildlife mortality.
HAWK has been an official system of the Kerala Forest Department since it was launched in 2019.
- In October 2023, which ministry has collaborated with the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy to work together for the promotion of green energy?
1) Ministry of Tourism
2) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
3) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
4) Ministry of Coal
5) Ministry of Petroleum & Natural GasAnswer-4) Ministry of Coal
The Ministry of Coal and the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) collaborated to work together for the promotion of green energy.
MNRE will provide technical, policy, and capacity-building assistance, while the Ministry of Coal will supply land and capital to construct solar energy, green hydrogen, and other renewable energy projects.
MNRE is set to support the Ministry of Coal and its CPSEs for capacity-building training of engineers, technicians, and other functionaries through the National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE)Gurgaon (Haryana).
MNRE will provide knowledge partnerships through the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee (Uttarakhand), the Solar Energy Corporation of India, and its other resource agencies.