AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 29 & 30 November 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Where did PM Narendra Modi Unveil the Rs.100 Commemorative Coin & Postal Stamp to Mark Centennial Foundation Day of University of Lucknow?
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-3) Uttar Pradesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, unveiled the University of Lucknow’s centennial commemorative coin of Rs.100 over a virtual platform. He also released the commemorative stamp issued by the India Post and its cover at the event organised for the celebration of the 100th Foundation day of the University of Lucknow.
- Who chaired and addressed a virtual national conference on ‘Empowering Through Zero- Shunya Se Sashaktikaran’ organized by Sri Aurobindo Society and also launched an e-book, ‘Innovation and Leadership Casebook – Covid Edition’?
1) Narendra Modi
2) Amit Shah
3) Piyush Goyal
4) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
5) Nitin Gadkari
Answer-4) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
On November 25, 2020 Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Union Minister of Education chaired and addressed a virtual national conference on ‘Empowering Through Zero- Shunya Se Sashaktikaran’. It was organised by Sri Aurobindo Society. Over 40 education officers and 26 teachers were honored for their leadership role and innovative practices respectively during COVID-19 pandemic.
He launched an e-book, ‘Innovation and Leadership Casebook – Covid Edition’. It comprises the innovative efforts and work of the education officers and teachers. A research report prepared by Cambridge on ‘Zero-Investment Innovations for Education Initiatives’ (ZIIEI), was launched. ZIIEI is a nation-wide education programme of Sri Aurobindo Society and HDFC Bank. He launched Auro Scholarships programme that promotes micro-scholarships among the students.
- Which state passed an ordinance to curb forcible or “dishonest” religious conversion including those for the sake of marriage (November 28, 2020)?
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) West Bengal
5) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-5) Uttar Pradesh
On November 28, 2020, Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel gave assent to “Uttar Pradesh Prohibition of Unlawful Conversion of Religion Ordinance, 2020” (Uttar Pradesh Vidhi Viruddh Dharm Samparivartan Pratishedh Adhyadesh 2020) which aims to curb forcible or “dishonest” religious conversion including those for the sake of marriage. On November 24, 2020, Uttar Pradesh Cabinet gave its approval to the draft. The main objective of the ordinance is to prohibit conversion of religion through misrepresentation, force, fraud, undue influence, coercion, allurement or marriage.
- Which State Government has signed a MoU Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to develop the MSMEs (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) ecosystem in the state?
4) Tamil Nadu
Answer-4) Tamil Nadu
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Tamil Nadu (TN) government to develop the MSMEs(Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) ecosystem in the state. Under the MoU, a Project Management Unit (PMU) will be set up by SIDBI in TamilNadu. SIDBI had also signed MoU with the Uttarakhand Government to develop MSMEs in the state on November 24, 2020.
- Where has the largest Solar Power Project at a highest altitude named as “Provision of Solar Photo Voltaic Powerplant 1.5 MW” been established?
1) Jammu & Kashmir
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) Himachal Pradesh
Leh, in the Union Territory (UT) of Ladakh gets the largest Solar Power Project at a highest altitude. The project has been established at the Leh Indian Air Force (IAF) Station. This Solar power project was inaugurated by Air Marshal V R Chaudhari, Commander-in-chief, Western Air Command. The Rs.122 crores worth Project named “Provision of Solar Photo Voltaic Powerplant 1.5 MW” was conceptualised under the Make in India initiative of the Government of India.
- Ayodhya Airort in Uttar Pradesh is set to be renamed as ______________.
1) Purushottam Sri Ram Airport
2) Sri Ram Airport
3) Maryada Purushottam Sri Ram Airport
4) Ayodhya Naresh Sri Ram Airport
5) Purushottam Naresh Sri Ram Airport
Answer-3) Maryada Purushottam Sri Ram Airport
On November 24, 2020 Uttar Pradesh (UP) Cabinet, led by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, cleared the proposal to rename the Ayodhya airport as Maryada Purushottam Sri Ram Airport, Ayodhya, UP. The proposal for the same will be sent to the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Govt of India after it is passed by the state Assembly.
- Name the first Arab Gulf country to generate electricity from coal.
1) Saudi Arabia
2) United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Answer-2) United Arab Emirates (UAE)
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is all set to become the first Arab Gulf country, and probably the last, to generate electricity from coal, as; the Acwa Power of Saudi Arabia is developing a $3.4 billion Hassyan coal plant in Dubai. In this regard, the company has already inked a long time agreement with Japan’s Jera Co under which the latter will supply coal. The capacity of the plant will be 600 megawatts (MW) initially which will be increased to 2,400 MW by 2023.
- Which state launched an interest free loan scheme name “Jagananna Thodu”?
3) Tamil Nadu
4) Andhra Pradesh
Answer-4) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy launched a flagship scheme “Jagananna Thodu” aimed to benefit several small traders and street vendors. The Scheme is allocated with a fund of 905 Crores to benefit 9.05 lakh street vendors and traders. Objective is to provide Interest Free loan upto Rs. 10,000 to street vendors and marginal traders. Rs.1,000 crore is lent to nearly 10 lakh people where the government pays interest upto 100 crore annually.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has launched ‘SMART’ program as a part of World Investor Week (WIW) 2020 being celebrated by SEBI in India (Nov 23-29)? What does ‘T’ denote in the term ‘SMART’?
To enhance investor education and awareness the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has launched Securities Market Trainers (SMARTs) program, as a part of World Investor Week (WIW) 2020 being celebrated by SEBI in India from Nov 23, 2020 to Nov 29, 2020. The education programs to be conducted under this will be free of cost to investors. It will be borne from Sebi’s Investor Protection and Education Fund.
- Which TReDS (Trade Receivables Discounting System) platform has initiated 1st Trade Credit Insurance (TCI) backed transaction in the Sandbox environment with TATA AIG as the insurer, ICICI bank and YES Bank as financiers?
1) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)
2) TReDS Ltd (Invoicemart)
3) Receivables Exchange of India Limited (RXIL)
4) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
5) Mynd Solutions (M1 Xchange)
Answer-3) Receivables Exchange of India Limited (RXIL)
Receivables Exchange of India Limited (RXIL) has initiated a Trade Credit Insurance (TCI) backed transaction in the Sandbox environment. In this TCI backed transaction, RXIL has collaborated with TATA AIG as the insurer, ICICI bank and YES Bank as financiers. It is the 1st time a Trade Receivables Discounting System (TReDS) platform tested the effectiveness of TCI backed transactions.
- Which Bank has been advised by RBI to write off Tier-II bonds (Series VIII, Series IX and Series X Basel-III complaint) worth Rs 318 crore by RBI (Nov 2020)?
1) DBS Bank India Ltd
2) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
3) Yes Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) Punjab & Maharashtra Co-operative (PMC) Bank
Answer-2) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) advised Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) to fully write off the Series VIII, Series IX and Series X Basel-III complaint tier -2 bonds worth Rs 318 crore, before its amalgamation with DBS Bank India Ltd. comes into effect from the appointed date i.e., 27th November 2020. It is to be noted that it is the 1st time a Tier II bond is being written off and so RBI has set a priority to the proposed write off.
- Which Company’s Market Capitalization (m-cap) crossed INR 8 Trillion for the first time (November 2020) making it India’s third company to achieve this milestone?
1) Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL)
2) Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS)
3) HDFC Bank
Answer-3) HDFC Bank
The Market Capitalization (m-cap) of HDFC Bank crossed INR 8 Trillion for the first time. It became India’s third company and the first bank to achieve this milestone. Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) and Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) are the only two companies to have achieved the landmark. RIL is India’s most valued company having a market value of INR 13.17 Trillion followed by TCS at INR 10.13 Trillion. Hindustan Unilever is Fourth with INR 5.08 Trillion m-cap followed by Infosys with INR 4.83 m-cap.
- What was India’s GDP growth for the second quarter ended September 30, 2020 (Q2FY21) according to National Statistics Office (NSO)?
1) -7.5% (Contracted by 7.5%)
2) -6.5% (Contracted by 6.5%)
3) -8.5% (Contracted by 8.5%)
4) -9.5% (Contracted by 9.5%)
5) -5.5% (Contracted by 5.5%)
Answer-1) -7.5% (Contracted by 7.5%)
In accordance with the official data released by the National Statistics Office (NSO), India’s gross domestic product (GDP) for the second quarter ended September 30, 2020 (Q2FY21) contracted by 7.5% as compared to the expansion of 4.4% in the corresponding July-September period of 2019-20.
- Which multinational company has partnered with Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MEITY) to upskill the Common Services Centre (CSC) ecosystem in AI & Cloud?
Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MEITY) and IBM (International Business Machines) India have collaborated to establish an education & Skilling ecosystem through Common Services Centre (CSC) Academy (part of the Common Services Centre scheme) to upskill members of the CSC ecosystem in new age technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Cloud. It will focus on skill upgradation through experiential learning which are aimed at enhancing employability. The collaboration aims to provide access to employment to 4000 village level youth in identified rural areas.
- Which Finance Corporation signed a MoU with SJVN Thermal (P) Limited (STPL) for extending Term Loan of INR 8520.46 Crores for 2×660 MegaWatts (MW) Buxar Thermal Power Project, Bihar?
1) Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC)
2) India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL)
3) REC Limited (formerly known as Rural Electrification Corporation Limited)
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 1 & 3
Answer-5) Both 1 & 3
Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC) & REC Limited (formerly known as Rural Electrification Corporation Limited) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with SJVN Thermal (P) Limited (STPL) at Power Finance Corporation (PFC), New Delhi for extending Term Loan of INR 8520.46 Crores for 2×660 MegaWatts (MW) Buxar Thermal Power Project, Bihar. The 2x660MW Thermal project will be commissioned in the Financial Year (FY) 2023-24. The power plant will generate around 9828 Million Units of Energy and will meet the future power requirements of Bihar and other states.
- Which entity signed 4 MoUs with Mission Youth and Government of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) to spread financial literacy?
1) BSE Limited (Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd)
2) SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India)
3) NSE (National Stock Exchange)
4) RBI (Reserve Bank of India)
5) None of the above
Answer-1) BSE Limited (Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd)
BSE Limited (formerly known as Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd) signed four Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) with Mission Youth, Government of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) to spread financial awareness, support economic development, encourage sustainable livelihood in the Union Territory of J&K. The MoUs have been signed with an aim to develop Youngsters to develop skills to make a career in BFSI (Banking, Financial Services and Insurance). Around 400 Youth will be trained in BFSI services in the first phase of the program.
- Which joint country Cooperation won the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)’s 2019 Mutual Agreement Procedure (MAP) Award in category 4 for pairings of jurisdictions?
1) India-Russia Cooperation
2) India-Japan Cooperation
3) Norway- United States cooperation
4) India- United States cooperation
5) Norway- Canada cooperation
Answer-2) India-Japan Cooperation
The India-Japan Cooperation won the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)’s 2019 Mutual Agreement Procedure (MAP) Award in category 4 for pairings of jurisdictions that dealt most effectively with their joint caseload for transfer pricing cases. The award was announced during the virtual event of the 2nd OECD Tax Certainty Day organised by OECD.
In category 4, Norway- United States cooperation won the 2019 MAP Awards for “other cases”.
- Which Country hosted the 27th Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Economic Leaders’ summit 2020 virtually on Nov. 20, 2020 under the 2020 APEC theme of “Optimising Human Potential towards a Resilient Future of Shared Prosperity Pivot Prioritise Progress”?
The 27th Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Economic Leaders’ summit 2020 was virtually hosted by Malaysia from Kuala Lumpur on Nov. 20, 2020. It was chaired by Malaysia’s Prime Minister Muhyiddin bin Haji Muhammad Yassin under the 2020 APEC Malaysia theme of “Optimising Human Potential towards a Resilient Future of Shared Prosperity. Pivot. Prioritise. Progress”. It was the first virtual APEC meeting amid COVID-19. APEC leaders had endorsed the APEC Putrajaya Vision 2040 that will make free and fair trade the focus of the APEC agenda for the next two decades.
- Union Minister Rajnath Singh, Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed an implementing arrangement for cooperation in the field of Hydrography with which country in a virtual defence bilateral talk?
India and Vietnam hold virtual Defence Ministers bilateral talks where India was represented by Union Minister Rajnath Singh, Ministry of Defence (MoD) and Vietnamese side was represented by General Ngo Xuan Lich, Minister of National Defence of Socialist Republic of Vietnam. In order to further deepen bilateral cooperation, both sides signed an implementing arrangement for cooperation in the field of Hydrography. It was signed between Dehradun (Uttarakhand) based National Hydrographic Office, India and Vietnam Hydrographic Office in the presence of the two Ministers.
- Indian Navy inducted 2 MQ-9B Sea Guardian unarmed drones (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles – UAV) procured from which Country on lease?
4) United States
Answer-4) United States
Indian Navy inducted 2(two) MQ-9B Sea Guardian unarmed drones (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles – UAV) procured from the United States (U.S.) on lease. MQ-9B Sea Guardian became the first defence hardware to be procured on lease under the new Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP) 2020. The drones have been leased from an American firm, General Atomics for a period of 1 year for surveillance in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR). The drones will be based at Naval Air Station in Rajali, Arakkonam, Tamil Nadu. It has a maximum endurance of 40 hours and a maximum flying altitude of 40, 000 feet.
- Accelerator lab of United Nations Development Program (UNDP), India Launched GRID for Inclusive Development at Community Level. What does stand for ‘I’ in GRID?
United Nations Development Program (UNDP) Accelerator lab in India launched a first of its kind Grassroot Innovation Database (GRID) to promote inclusive development at the community level. GRID is co-created by GIAN [Grassroots Innovation Augmentation Network], Honey Bee Network Institution and UNDP Accelerator Lab-India. To meet the needs of 21st century developmental challenges, UNDP launched Accelerator labs in India in 2019, initiated by UNDP, Germany and Qatar.
- Which Country will host Temporary Ground Station Tracking facilities for ISRO’s Gaganyaan Mission?
1) United States
5) United Kingdom
Karen Andrews, Australian Minister of Industry, Science and Technology stated that Australian Space Agency (ASA), Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) are working together to set up Temporary ground station tracking facilities in Australia for ISRO’s Gaganyaan Mission. She stated it while virtually addressing the 2020 Bengaluru Tech Summit held from November 19-21, 2020.
Gaganyaan Mission is an ambitious plan of ISRO to put an Indian in space by 2022.
- Which Sports Association has been restored by the Sports Ministry of India for a one year term?
1) Archery Association of India
2) Indian Hockey Federation
3) Baseball Federation of India
4) Kabaddi Federation of India
5) Cycling Federation of India
Answer-1) Archery Association of India
The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports restored the Archery Association of India as a National Sports Federation, allowing the promotion and regulation of Archery in India. The validation is valid for one year. Eight years ago, the Archery Association of India (AAI) was removed from the National Sports Federation due to its failure to satisfy mandatory election rules set by the National Sports Development Code, 2011 (Sports Code) of India. World Archery (International Federation for Archery Sport) has also lifted the suspension of AAI and as such at present the AAI has the recognition both of Indian Olympic Association and the World Archery.
- James David Wolfensohn passed away recently. He was former president of which Financial Institution?
1) International Monetary Fund
2) Asian Development Bank
3) New Development Bank
4) World Bank
5) None of the above
Answer-4) World Bank
James David Wolfensohn, former president of the World Bank, who served as the President for around 10 years (from 1st June 1995 to 31st May 2005), passed away at the age of 86 at his residence in Manhattan, New York, United States of America(USA). He was born on 1st December 1933, in Sydney, Australia. He was the 3rd President of the World Bank to serve two full terms.
- Sadiq al-Mahdi, who passed away recently, was the last democratically elected PM of which Country?
3) United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Sadiq al-Mahdi (also known as Sadiq as-Siddiq), Sudan’s Last Democratically Elected Prime Minister (PM) passed away at the age of 84 in a hospital in the United Arab Emirates(UAE) due to COVID-19. He was the head of the National Umma Party. He was born on December 25, 1935 in Al-Abasya, Omdurman, Sudan.
- Which day is observed as National (Indian) Organ Donation Day?
1) November 25
2) November 26
3) November 27
4) November 28
5) November 29
Answer-3) November 27
National (Indian) Organ Donation Day is annually observed across India on 27th November to recognize the selfless contribution made by deceased donors to healthcare and mankind re-instill our faith in humanity. 27th November 2020 marks the 11th National Organ Donation Day. ROTTO West was awarded as the Best ROTTO in India and for the 6th consecutive year Tamil Nadu SOTTO has been awarded the Best State SOTTO in India. The Central Reserve Police Force (CPRF) has conferred 79572 soldiers as “Angadan warrior”, who have filled the pledge to donate their eyes, skin, lungs, heart, liver, pancreas, kidneys, heart valves and intestines after death.
- Which Ministry launched ‘India Climate Change Knowledge Portal’ to provide information about the Government initiatives towards climate change to the citizens?
1) Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
2) Ministry of Science & Technology
3) Ministry of Earth Sciences
4) Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change
5) Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
Answer-4) Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change
Union Minister of Environment Forest and Climate Change Mr. Prakash Javadekar has launched a comprehensive Climate Change Knowledge portal to provide information about the Government initiatives towards climate change to the citizens. The “Single Point Information Resource” updates initiatives by various Ministries Nationally and Internationally, towards the fight on climate change. The portal is built similar to the World Bank’s Climate Change Knowledge Portal.
- Which Country suggested the name ‘NIVAR’ to the 4th Cyclone to hit the North Indian Ocean Region in 2020 hitting Puducherry, south of Chennai, India?
5) Sri Lanka
The Nivar Cyclone made a landfall near Puducherry, south of Chennai with a wind speed of 85 to 95 kmph. Ambur, Tiruvannamalai, Vellore and Arani also experienced a wind speed of 50 Kmph. The Nivar is the 4th Cyclone to hit the North Indian Ocean Region in 2020. The storm was named “Nivar” based on the guidelines of the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO). Nivar was selected from the names suggested by Iran.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Singrauli Super Thermal Power Plant is located in which State/UT?
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer-3) Uttar Pradesh
Singrauli Super Thermal Power Plant is located at Shaktinagar in Sonebhadra district in Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The power plant is the first power plant of NTPC. It sources coal from Jayant and Bina mines and water from Rihand Reservoir.
- Where is the Ratle Hydroelectric Plant being constructed?
1) Andhra Pradesh
2) Arunachal Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
4) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer-4) Jammu & Kashmir
The Ratle Hydroelectric Plant is a run-of-the-river hydroelectric power station currently under construction on the Chenab River, downstream of the village near Drabshalla in Kishtwar district of the Indian Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium (also known as the Marina Arena) is in which state?
3) Himachal Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
Answer-4) Tamil Nadu
Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium (also known as the Marina Arena) is a multipurpose stadium in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It has a capacity to seat 40,000 people. It hosts football matches and athletic competitions. The complex also houses a multipurpose indoor stadium with a seating capacity of 5,000 which hosts volleyball, basketball, table tennis games.
- ‘Pongal’ festival is celebrated in which state?
2) Tamil Nadu
4) Andhra Pradesh
Answer-2) Tamil Nadu
Pongal, also referred to as Thai Pongal, is a multi-day harvest festival of South India, particularly in the Tamil Nadu. It is observed at the start of the month Tai according to Tamil solar calendar, and this is typically about January 14.
- Where is the headquarters of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
4) Hyderabad, Telangana
5) Kolkata, West Bengal
Answer-2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the regulator of the securities and commodity market in India owned by the Government of India. It was established on 12 April 1988 and given Statutory Powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
Chairman– Ajay Tyagi