AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 29 & 30 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In August 2021, ____________ got contracts worth Rs 1349.95 crore by the Ministry of Defense to supply _________Integrated Anti-submarine Warfare Defence Suite to the Indian Navy.
1) Defence Research and Development Organisation; 20
2) Mahindra Defence Systems Limited; 20
3) Mahindra Defence Systems Limited; 14
4) Defence Research and Development Organisation; 14
5) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited; 14Answer-3) Mahindra Defence Systems Limited; 14
The Ministry of Defence had approved contracts worth Rs. 1349.95 crore to Mahindra Defence Systems Limited, for supplying 14 Integrated Anti-submarine warfare Defence Suite (IADS), to the warships of the Indian Navy.
i. IADS is a 1st of its kind modern underwater technology to detect & protect warships from underwater threats that will be built in India..
- Who was appointed (in Aug’21) as the head of the newly formed Committee on developing a web platform for streamlining the appeal filing for direct & indirect taxes?
1) D K Mohanty
2) Ashish Shiradhonkar
3) Gopalan Srinivasan
4) Maneesha S Inamdar
5) Nasir KamalAnswer- 2) Ashish Shiradhonkar
The Central Government had constituted a committee headed by Ashish Shiradhonkar, to develop a technological platform streamlining the appeal filing process related to direct and indirect taxation matters.
i. National Informatics Centre will integrate the Legal Information Management and Briefing System (LIMBS) with the e-office mechanism.
- Which stadium was renamed as ‘Neeraj Chopra Stadium’ to mark the contribution of India’s Olympic Gold Medalist Neeraj Chopra?
1) Army Sports Institute Stadium, Pune
2) Bangalore Hockey Stadium, Bangalore
3) Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
4) Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar
5) Nehru Stadium, GurugramAnswer-1) Army Sports Institute Stadium, Pune
Minister of Defence, Rajnath Singh renamed Army Sports Institute stadium of Army Sport Institute (ASI), Pune as “Neeraj Chopra Stadium”, after the Olympic Gold Medalist Neeraj Chopra.
i. Neeraj Chopra, an Indian javelin thrower from Panipat, Haryana, won the gold medal at the Men’s Javelin throw at the Tokyo Olympics 2020.
- Identify the Newly (in Aug’ 21) introduced Vehicle Number Registration Series by the Indian government that avoids re-registration of vehicles during inter-state use.
1) AH- Series
2) IN- Series
3) DL- Series
4) BH- Series
5) TV- SeriesAnswer- 4) BH- series
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (Union Minister- Nitin Gadkari) had introduced a new vehicle number registration series called BH- series (Bharat Series) to ensure seamless transfer of vehicles across India. BH series will allow the users to avoid the re-registration process while shifting from one state or UT to another.
- As per the 1st Edition of the ‘Global DeFi (Decentralised Finance) Adoption Index’, released by Chainalysis, India was ranked at _________ place while the ranking was topped by _________.
1) 4th; US
2) 6th; US
3) 4th; China
4) 6th; China
5) 8th; VietnamAnswer-2) 6th; US
The 1st Edition of the ‘Global DeFi (Decentralised Finance) Adoption Index’ was released by Chainalysis. India ranked 6th place out of 154 countries while The United States (US) topped the ranking.
i. It is designed to highlight countries with the highest grassroots adoption by individuals, rather than those sending the largest raw values of funds.
- Name the organization that launched ‘Ananda’ (Atma Nirbhar Agents New Business Digital Application) Mobile app to register new insurance policies based on e-KYC.
1) Life Insurance Corporation of India
2) HDFC Life Insurance Company
3) General Insurance Corporation of India
4) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company
5) Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance CompanyAnswer-1) Life Insurance Corporation of India
Life Insurance Corporation(LIC) of India Chairman, M R Kumar launched Ananda (Atma Nirbhar Agents New Business Digital Application) mobile app. It works as a tool for the on-boarding process to get the life insurance policy via paperless format.
- Who was awarded as the best Director in the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne 2021?
1) Anurag Basu
2) Zoya Akhtar
3) Ashutosh Gowariker
5) Ram Gopal VermaAnswer-1) Anurag Basu
The Indian Film Festival of Melbourne(IFFM) awarded Surya Sivakumar (Best performance male), Vidya Balan (Best Performance Female), Anurag Basu (Best Director) as the winners of the 12th Edition of IFFM Awards (2021).
- Name the person who got additional charge (in Aug’ 21) as the Governor of Punjab & Chandigarh.
1) Tamilisai Soundararajan
2) Thawar Chand Gehlot
3) Banwarilal Purohit
4) Jagadish Mukhi
5) Acharya DevvratAnswer-3) Banwarilal Purohit
Ram Nath Kovind, President of India, has appointed Banwarilal Purohit, Governor of Tamil Nadu(TN) to discharge the functions of the Governor of Punjab & Chandigarh in addition to his duties.
i. Banwarilal Purohit will replace V P Singh Badnore, who has been serving as the Governor of Punjab and Administrator of Chandigarh.
- In August 2021, Amit Banerjee was appointed as New Chairman & MD of which organization?
1) Bharat Electronics Ltd
2) Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd
3) Bharat Dynamics Ltd
4) Ordnance Factory Board
5) BEML LtdAnswer-5) BEML Ltd
Amit Banerjee is appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director(CMD) of BEML (Bharat Earth Movers Limited).
About BEML (Bharat Earth Movers Limited)
Chairman & Managing Director– Amit Banerjee
Headquarters- Bengaluru, Karnataka
- In August 2021, Scientists discovered the World’s Northernmost landmass that is located to the North of Greenland. Who invented the Magnetic North Pole?
1) James Clark Ross
2) Marco Polo
3) Alexander Fleming
4) Wiebe Wakker
5) Gunther HoltorfAnswer-1) James Clark Ross
Scientists have discovered the world’s northernmost landmass (yet-to-be-named) island north of Greenland that could soon be swallowed up by sea. In 1831, British traveller James Clark Ross discovered the Magnetic North Pole of the world for the 1st time.