AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 28 September 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs September 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Which country has recently (in Sept ‘23) topped the 2023 Global Crypto Adoption Index released by Chainalysis in September 2023?
5) United StatesAnswer-2) India
According to the 2023 Global Crypto Adoption Index released by Chainalysis, a crypto-analysis firm, India has topped the index (rank 1), with a score of 1.0, among 154 countries. Previously, India was ranked 4th in the 2022 index.
Nigeria and Vietnam stand at second and third rank with the index score of 0.642 and 0.568 respectively.
This is the 4th annual Global Crypto Adoption Index. The first edition of the Index was published in 2020.
The report combines on-chain data and real-world data to measure which countries are leading the world in grassroots crypto adoption.
The report aims to highlight the countries in which common people use cryptocurrency.
- Which state’s Army, along with Indian Army has recently (in Sept ‘23) begun the 19th edition of the Exercise Yudh Abhyas 23?
1) Sri Lanka
4) United States
5) IndonesiaAnswer-4) United States
Exercise Yudh Abhyas 23, the 19th edition of the annual joint military training exercise between Indian Army and the United States Army is being conducted in Fort Wainwright, Alaska, the United States of America (USA).
This is a 14-day-long exercise which began on 25th September 2023 is set to culminate on 8th October 2023.
The theme of Yudh Abhyas 23 is ‘Employment of an Integrated Battle Group in Mountain/ Extreme Climatic Conditions’ under Chapter VII of United Nations(UN)
Indian Army contingent comprising 350 personnel and 1-24 Infantry Battalion from the 1st Brigade Combat Team of the US Army is participating in the exercise.
The lead battalion from the Indian side is affiliated to MARATHA Light Infantry Regiment.
- In September 2023, Poonawalla Fincorp Limited received approval from Reserve Bank of India(RBI) to issue co-branded credit cards with _____________ (Bank).
1) YES Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) RBL Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) IndusInd BankAnswer-5) IndusInd Bank
Poonawalla Fincorp Limited has received Reserve Bank of India (RBI)’s approval to issue co-branded credit cards with IndusInd Bank Limited.
i. Poonawalla Fincorp Limited(formerly known as Magma Fincorp) is a Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC) belonging to Cyrus Poonawalla group.
ii. The co-branded credit card is designed to offer benefits to the customers with a favourable credit history. The credit card is set to be launched within 3 months.
- Which bank has recently (in Sept ‘23) signed an MoU with the REC Limited to Co-Finance Infrastructure Project Debts worth Rs. 55,000 crores?
1) Bank of Baroda
2) Indian Bank
3) Punjab National Bank
4) Bank of India
5) State Bank of IndiaAnswer-3) Punjab National Bank
On September 26, 2023, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been inked between the REC Limited (Formerly Rural Electrification Corporation Limited) and Punjab National Bank (PNB) for collaboration to hunt potential funding opportunities in the Power Sector and Infrastructure & Logistics Sector through a consortium arrangement.
Both entities jointly provide financing worth Rs. 55,000 crores over the next 3 years.
REC Limited is venturing to expand its loan portfolio for green projects to Rs 3 lakh crore by 2030.
Note: REC Limited is a Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC), focusing on power sector financing and development across India.
- Name the company that has recently (in Sept ‘23) signed an MoU with the Ministry of Education(MoE) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to equip students with skills and exposure to new technologies.
1) Wipro Limited
2) Tata Consultancy Services
4) Infosys Limited
5) MicrosoftAnswer-5) Microsoft
The Ministry of Education (MoE), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), and Microsoft have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to equip students with skills and exposure to new technologies.
i. The collaboration aims to provide students with opportunities for skill development, mentorship, and project development, as well as to empower educators in the fields of AI, Cloud, Data Science, Data Analytics, and Security.
ii. Microsoft is set to integrate Microsoft Learn with its centralized training and skilling platform to complement AICTE’s existing curriculum and offer students hands-on experience with Microsoft technologies.
iii. Microsoft will also engage students in the Azure Developer Community in India for industry insights and mentorship.
- As of September 2023, Waheeda Rehman will be conferred with the ___________ Dada Saheb Phalke Award for the year 2021.
5) 56thAnswer-4) 53rd
Veteran Indian actor and Padma Awardee Waheeda Rehman will be conferred with the Dada Saheb Phalke Award for the year 2021 for her lifetime contribution to Indian cinema. She will become the 53rd recipient of this award.
She will also be the 8th female artist to receive the dadasaheb phalke award.
The award will be presented during the 69th National Film Awards ceremony.
The Government of India (GoI) awarded her the National Film Award (Best Actress) for the movie “Reshma and Shera” (1971).
She was honoured with the Padma Shri (Art) in 1972, and Padma Bhushan (Art) in 2011.
Note- Dada Saheb Phalke Award, instituted in 1969, was introduced by the GoI to commemorate the contribution of Dhundiraj Govind Phalke (Dadasaheb Phalke) to Indian cinema.
- How many eminent scientists received the Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar (SSB) Awards for Science and Technology (S&T) 2022 from Union Minister of State of Science and Technology Jitendra Singh on the 82nd Foundation Day of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)-26th September 2023?
5) 25Answer-2) 12
The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) celebrated its 82nd Foundation Day on 26th September 2023 with an event organised at the Bharat Mandapam in New Delhi, Delhi.
i. Dr. Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for the Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST) addressed the event and presented the Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar (SSB) Awards for Science and Technology (S&T) 2022 to the 12 eminent Scientists under the age of 45.
Note: CSIR, a premier national Research and Development (R&D) organisation led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, works under the administrative supervision of the MoST.
- In September 2023, the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved the re-appointment of M Rajeshwar Rao, Deputy Governor of __________ (Regulatory Body), for a period of 1 year.
1) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
2) Securities and Exchange Board of India
3) Reserve Bank of India
4) Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority
5) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural DevelopmentAnswer-3) Reserve Bank of India
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the re-appointment of M Rajeshwar Rao, Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI), for a period of 1 year with effect from 9th October 2023.
Initially, he was appointed as the Deputy governor of RBI in October 2020 for a period of 3 years.
i. According to the RBI Act 1934, besides the governor, RBI needs 4 DGs, 2 from within the ranks, one commercial banker, and another economist to head the monetary policy department.
ii. The current 4 DGs of RBI are Swaminathan J, T. Rabi Sankar, M. Rajeshwar Rao and Dr. M.D. Patra.
- Who has been recently (in Sept ‘23) named as the first Indian Brand Ambassador of Uniqlo?
1) Katrina Kaif
2) Alia Bhatt
3) Kangana Ranaut
4) Deepika Padukone
5) Kiara AdvaniAnswer-1) Katrina Kaif
Bollywood Actress Katrina Kaif has been named as the first Indian Brand Ambassador of Uniqlo, a Japanese multinational fashion retailer brand.
The one-year agreement will feature the actress in advertising films for the company’s ‘LifeWear’ range of everyday apparel.
Uniqlo is part of Japan’s largest fashion group Fast Retailing which has eight brands including Uniqlo, GU, Theory, PLST, Comptoir des Cotonniers, Princesse Tam-Tam, J Brand and Helmut Lang. Uniqlo opened its first store in India in 2019.
Switzerland’s Tennis Player Roger Federer has been the Uniqlo Global Brand Ambassador since 2018.
- What was the theme of United Nations (UN) World Tourism Day (WTD) 2023 that was observed across the globe on 27th September 2023?
1) Tourism and Jobs: A better Future for All
2) Tourism for Inclusive Growth
3) Rethinking Tourism
4) Tourism and Rural Development
5) Tourism and green investmentAnswer-5) Tourism and green investment
The United Nations (UN) World Tourism Day (WTD) 2023 was observed across the globe on 27th September 2023 with the theme of “Tourism and green investment”.
The annual observance of WTD is led by the UN World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), a UN specialized agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism.
i. 27th September 2023 marks the observance of 43rd World Tourism Day. The first-ever WTD was observed on 27 September 1980.
ii. Annually, UNWTO designates a host country for the WTD celebrations. The host country for the WTD 2023 is the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
A series of programs were organized for the WTD 2023 and was hosted at Four Seasons Hotel, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia from 27 – 28 September 2023.
iii. Ministry of Tourism(MoT) in partnership with the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) has organised the Global Launch of ‘Travel for LiFE’(TFL), a sectoral program under Mission LiFE(Lifestyle for Environment), focusing the tourism sector.
- Which state has recently (in Sept ‘23) launched the Mukhyamantri Gramin Awas Nyay Yojana to provide assistance for constructing houses?
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-2) Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister (CM) Bhupesh Baghel has launched the “Mukhyamantri Gramin Awas Nyay Yojana” with the aim of providing assistance for constructing houses to eligible beneficiaries of the scheme across the state.
i. The scheme includes beneficiaries who have not received the benefit of Pradhan Mantri (PM) Awas Yojana which is based on Socio-Economic Survey 2011 (officially known as Socio Economic and Caste Census – SECC 2011).
ii. The scheme provides financial assistance of Rs 1,30,000 and Rs 1,20,000 per family by dividing it into IAP (hilly and inaccessible areas) and non-IAP (plain areas) districts, respectively.
iii. In addition, the eligible families will get Rs 12,000 as per their eligibility through the convergence of Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen (SBM-G) and Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act(MNREGA).
- In September 2023, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) recognized ___________ as a ‘food animal’.
5) BargurAnswer-4) Mithun
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has recognized Mithun (scientific Name-Bos frontalis), the bovine (cow-like animal) as a ‘food animal’.
The features of Mithun are its traditional semi-domestication and ability to thrive in a free-range forest ecosystem with minimal human intervention.
Mithun meat, particularly known for its low-fat content, has the potential to become a premium meat product catering to health-conscious consumers.
Mithun, often referred to as the “Cattle of the Hills”, is the state animal of Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland, highlighting its profound cultural significance.
i. The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) launched the M-ANITRA app to register Mithun farmers as “buyers” and “sellers” in order to assist them in conducting business at competitive prices.
ii. The ICAR – National Research Centre of Mithun (NRCM) in Nagaland celebrated the first National Mithun Day on 1st September 2023.