AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 28 September 2022 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- In September 2022, the Ministry of Commerce & Industry (MoCI) extended the existing Foreign Trade Policy (2015–20) till ________.
1) December 2022
2) February 2023
3) January 2023
4) April 2023
5) March 2023Answer-5) March 2023
The Ministry of Commerce & Industry (MoCI) extended the existing Foreign Trade Policy (2015–20) by another six months till March 2023, w.e.f. October 1, 2022, due to unstable global economic and geo-political circumstances and currency fluctuations.
i. The existing Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) was set to expire on September 30, 2022, after being extended in April 2022.
ii. A FTP offers a framework for boosting exports of goods and services as well as creating jobs and adding value for the nation.
- Which country recently (in Sept ‘22) signed an agreement with JMC Projects (India) Limited for the Hanimaadhoo International Airport Project?
5) Sri LankaAnswer-3) Maldives
JMC Projects (India) Limited signed an agreement with the Government of Maldives for the Maldives Hanimaadhoo International Airport Project. The estimated contract value is around USD 136 million.
i. It is the first ever largest infrastructure project to be undertaken outside of Greater Malé region signed under concessional credit between Maldives and India.
ii. It is funded under the USD 800 million concessional Line of Credit (LoC) extended by Government of India to the Maldives.
- Which of the following points are ‘correct’ with respect to India’s GDP projected by various credit rating agencies in September 2022?
A) S&P Global Ratings has retained its forecast for India’s economic growth in the current fiscal year 2022–2023 (FY23) at 7.3%.
B) The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) retained its forecast of 6.9% GDP growth for India for the current fiscal year FY23.
C) Moody’s Analytics has reduced its Global Real GDP forecast to 2.7% in 2022 from 4.2%.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) Only BAnswer-1) All A, B & C
S&P Global Ratings has retained its forecast for India’s economic growth in the current fiscal year 2022–2023 (FY23) at 7.3%, stating a low impact of the global slowdown on its domestically-driven economy.
i. The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) retained its forecast of 6.9% GDP growth for India for the current fiscal year FY23 in its “OECD Economic Outlook-Interim Report September 2022.”
• The OECD forecasts growth of 5.7% for FY24.
• According to the report, global growth will remain subdued in the second half of 2022 before declining further in 2023 to just 2.2% annual growth.
ii. Moody’s Analytics has reduced its Global Real GDP forecast to 2.7% in 2022 from 4.2% (January 2022), in its report titled “Global Outlook: Global Economy on Edge”, citing increased stagflation risks globally.
• Global growth is projected to decline to 2.3% in 2023 from the earlier forecast of 3.6%.
- Which state was recently (in Sept ‘22) awarded the Ayushmann Utkrishta award 2022 for effective implementation of the Ayushman Bharat Scheme?
1) Uttar Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-1) Uttar Pradesh
The Government of Uttar Pradesh (UP) was awarded the Ayushmann Utkrishta award 2022 for effective implementation of the Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
i. UP was rewarded for its contribution in various health facilities to the Health Facility Register, the event was organized at the Aarogya Manthan programme in Delhi.
ii. UP became the best performing state in India with 28728 Health facilities added to the National Health Facility Register.
iii. Karnataka ranks second with 23,838 healthcare facilities, followed by Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Bihar.
- Name the personality who recently (in Sept ‘22) won the 1st Queen Elizabeth II Woman of the Year award at the Asian Achievers Awards (AAA) 2022.
1) Ranil Jayawardena
2) Suella Braverman
3) Alok Sharma
4) Rishi Sunak
5) Priti PatelAnswer-2) Suella Braverman
Indian-origin UK (United Kingdom) Home Secretary Suella Braverman has been named the winner of the 1st Queen Elizabeth II Woman of the Year award at the Asian Achievers Awards (AAA) 2022 ceremony in London, England.
i. She is a British politician and barrister who was appointed as the UK’s Home Secretary on 6 September 2022 by British Prime Minister Mary Elizabeth Truss (Liz Truss) at the AAA 2022 ceremony.
ii. The Asian Achievers Awards (AAA) 2022 is the 20th edition held on 23 September 2022 in central London to recognise the achievements of individuals from different spheres of life across Britain’s South Asian community through public nominations.
- In September 2022, the Board of Britannia Industries Limited appointed Rajneet Singh Kohli as __________ of Britannia Industries Limited & _______ was appointed as the Managing Director (MD).
1) Chief Financial Officer; Avijit Deb
2) Chief Executive Officer; Varun Berry
3) Board Member; Avijit Deb
4) Chief Financial Officer; Varun Berry
5) Chief Executive Officer; Tanya DubashAnswer-2) Chief Executive Officer; Varun Berry
The Board of Britannia Industries Limited has appointed Rajneet Singh Kohli as its Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with effect from 26th September 2022. Varun Berry has been elevated as its Executive Vice Chairman(VC) and Managing Director (MD) with immediate effect.
i. Rajneet Singh Kohli will report to Varun Berry.
- In September 2022, National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA)’s DART, the world’s first planetary defence technology demonstration, successfully crashed into the asteroid Dimorphos.
In DART, what does ‘R’ stand for?
5) RadiationAnswer-4) Redirection
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)’s Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART), the world’s first planetary defence technology demonstration, successfully crashed into the asteroid Dimorphos 6.8m miles from Earth.
i. This marks humanity’s first attempt to move another celestial body, with an aim to see if a larger asteroid hurtling towards Earth could be diverted.
ii. Dimorphos is an asteroid that was discovered in 1996 and is about 9.6 million kilometres from Earth.
About DART Mission:
• DART targeted the asteroid moonlet Dimorphos, a small body with just 530 feet (160 metres) in diameter that orbits a larger asteroid called Didymos which is 2,560 feet (780 metre).
- Name the team that was recently (in Sept ‘22) won Duleep Trophy 2022, first-class cricket tournament, for the 19th Time.
1) North zone
2) East zone
3) South zone
4) Central zone
5) West zoneAnswer-5) West zone
The West zone has defeated the South zone by 294 runs to win their 19th title in the final day of 2022 Duleep Trophy at the SNR College Cricket Ground, Coimbatore that was held from 8th September 2022 to 25th September 2022.
i. The 2022 Duleep trophy was the 59th season of the Duleep Trophy.
ii. Duleep Trophy is also known as Mastercard Duleep trophy for its sponsorship and it is also the first-class cricket tournament in India. It is named after Duleepsinhji of Nawanagar, who is also known as Duleep.
- Which state recently (in Sept ‘22) released a 5-Volume ‘Encyclopaedia of Tribes’?
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) ManipurAnswer-1) Odisha
The Chief Minister (CM) of Odisha Naveen Patnaik released a 5-Volume ‘Encyclopaedia of Tribes’ published by Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Research and Training Institute (SCSTRTI) and Odisha State Tribal Museum in the Museum complex.
i. The encyclopaedia contains 418 research articles on the tribals. It took more than 4 years to come up with this encyclopaedia.
ii. Odisha is the 3rd largest tribal populated state in India, which has 62 tribal communities living in the state, including 13 particularly vulnerable tribal groups.
- What is the theme of 42nd World Tourism Day (WTD) 2022 that was observed across the globe by the United Nations (UN) on 27th September 2022?
1) Tourism and rural development
2) Tourism for Inclusive Growth
3) Quality Staff, Quality Tourism
4) Rethinking Tourism
5) Tourism and the digital transformationAnswer-4) Rethinking Tourism
The United Nations (UN)’s 42nd World Tourism Day (WTD) 2022 was observed across the globe on 27th September 2022 with the theme of ‘Rethinking Tourism’.
i. The WTD was initiated by the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) to raise awareness among the international community of the importance of tourism and its social, cultural, political and economic value. The 1st ever World Tourism Day was observed on 27 September 1980.
ii. The host country for the 42nd Edition of World Tourism Day 2022 is Indonesia and the official celebration of WTD 2022 is celebrated in Bali, Indonesia.