AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 28 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 –Click Here to Download the APP
- What was the target year set under the ‘National Rabies Control Programme (NRCP)’, for complete elimination of dog-mediated rabies?
5) 2050Answer-3) 2030
The Central Government of India launched a national action plan under the National Rabies Control Programme (NRCP) for dog-mediated rabies elimination by 2030, and also declared rabies a notifiable disease.
• ‘One Health’ network was created which will serve the purpose of strengthening surveillance.
i. Rabies is also classified as one of the Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD).
- As per the report titled ‘Five years on: Global climate tech investment trends since the Paris Agreement’, India ranked ___________ with USD 1 billion investment while __________ topped the ranking.
1) 7th; China
2) 7th; USA
3) 9th; China
4) 9th; USA
5) 9th; SwedenAnswer-4) 9th; USA
As per the report ‘Five years on: Global climate tech investment trends since the Paris Agreement’ by London & Partners, and Dealroom.Co, India ranked 9th for climate technology investment from 2016 to 2021. Indian climate tech firms received USD 1 billion in venture capital (VC).
i. The list was topped by the United States of America(USA) with USD 48 billion. Europe is the fastest-growing region globally for climate tech.
- Which Organization recently (in oct’21) signed a $4.5 million Project Readiness Financing (PRF) loan agreement to support urban mobility in Aizawl, Mizoram?
1) Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation
2) Asian Development Bank
3) Association of Southeast Asian Nations
4) New Development Bank
5) World BankAnswer-2) Asian Development Bank
Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $4.5 million Project Readiness Financing (PRF) loan agreement to support Aizawl Sustainable Urban Transport Project. The PRF will develop a Comprehensive Mobility Plan (CMP) outlining the urban transport development strategy.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB):
Headquarters– Manila, Philippines
President– Masatsugu Asakawa
- Which Insurance Company recently (in Oct’21) partnered with ‘Google Pay’ to enable the users to buy its health insurance on the Google Pay app?
1) SBI General Insurance
2) New India Assurance
3) Life Insurance Corporation
4) HDFC ERGO General insurance
5) The Oriental Insurance CompanyAnswer-1) SBI General Insurance
SBI General Insurance made a technological partnership with Google Pay to enable the users to buy SBI General’s health insurance on the Google Pay app. This collaboration marks Google Pay’s 1st partnership with an insurer in India to offer health insurance.
About SBI General Insurance:
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Prakash Chandra Kandpal
- In October 2021, YES Bank launched a new category of value-added family savings accounts named- ‘_________’ to manage the income of varying income families.
1) YES Family
2) Mange ‘N’ Save
3) Millennium Savings
4) YES Shield
5) YES SavingsAnswer-1) YES Family
YES Bank launched a new category of value-added family savings accounts named YES Family proposition to enable customers of varying income levels to collaborate & coordinate their spending together with their families.
i. The Yes Family accounts include 3 programmes such as, Yes Prosperity, Yes Premia, and Yes First.
- Which Organization recently (in Oct’21) partnered with ‘MeitY Startup Hub’ to launch ‘Appscale Academy’ programme?
5) TCSAnswer-4) Google
MeitY Startup Hub, an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), and Google partnered to launch ‘Appscale Academy’, a growth and development programme, to train early to mid-stage startups across India.
i. Top 100 startups will be selected based on quantitative & qualitative parameters by panel experts from the Industry.
- Which one of the following was honoured with the 1st ‘UNESCO-ICM 2021 Martial Arts Education Prize’?
1) Bellator MMA
2) Bolo Yeung
3) Yuen Biao
4) Kung Fu Nuns
5) Donnie YenAnswer-4) Kung Fu Nuns
The International Centre of Martial Arts for Youth Development & Engagement under the auspices of United Nations Educational, Scientific & Cultural Organization (UNESCO ICM) honoured the Kung Fu Nuns of Drukpa, from India with the inaugural ‘UNESCO-ICM 2021 Martial Arts Education Prize’.
- Which Organization was awarded the ‘Outstanding Renewable Energy User’ at the 3rd Edition of ‘India Green Energy Award 2020’?
1) Tata Motors
2) Maruti Suzuki
3) Mahindra & Mahindra
4) Bajaj Auto
5) TVS MotorAnswer-5) TVS Motor
TVS Motor Company was awarded the ‘Outstanding Renewable Energy User’ at the 3rd Edition of India Green Energy Award 2020 by the Indian Federation of Green Energy (IFGE).
About TVS Motor Company
CEO – K.N.Radhakrishnan
Headquarters – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Which of the following mobile applications was recently (in Oct’21) launched by the Election Commission of India (ECI) for digital mapping of polling booths?
1) Booth Tracker App
2) Phoenix App
3) Garuda App
4) Unicorn App
5) VoteRight AppAnswer-3) Garuda App
The Election Commission of India (ECI) launched the ‘Garuda App’ for the digital mapping of all polling stations by using its longitude and latitude.
• Booth Level Officers (BLOs) have the authority to add or delete voter names or modify addresses in the electoral roll.
• These programmes would be run under Systematic Voters ‘Education and Electoral Participation’ (SVEEP).
- Who authored the book titled ‘AIIMS Mein Ek Jang Ladte Hue’?
1) Randeep Guleria
2) M. Venkaiah Naidu
3) Prakash Javadekar
4) Ramesh Pokhriyal
5) K S VijayanathAnswer-4) Ramesh Pokhriyal
Former Union Minister of Education Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ gifted a copy of his book titled ‘AIIMS Mein Ek Jang Ladte Hue’ to Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi. The book was written by him during the COVID-19 pandemic.