AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 28 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the state which sets up the largest COVID-19 hospital in India.
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
5) OdishaAnswer-5) Odisha
The Odisha Government announced that it is readying to set up the largest Covid-19 hospital in India due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus in the country. The state-level hospitals will have 1000 beds in Bhubaneswar, Odisha and will be functional in a fortnight.
- With which country for the 1st time Indian conducted joint patrol by P-8I aircraft in reunion Islands (Feb 2020)?
1) United States
2) United Kingdom
5) GermanyAnswer-4) France
For the 1st time India & France conducted joint patrol from the Reunion Island in February 2020 by P-8I aircraft with French Navy personnel to maintain the security of international maritime routes for trade and communications.
- Name the department which set up COVID-19 task force for mapping to fund nearly market-ready solutions (for start-ups who comeup with solutions).
1) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
2) Department of Pharmaceuticals
3) Department of Commerce
4) Department of Science and Technology
5) Department of Health and Family WelfareAnswer-4) Department of Science and Technology
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) under Ministry of Science and Technology has set up COVID-19 Task Force for mapping technologies to fund nearly market-ready solutions in diagnostics, testing, health care delivery solutions & equipment supplies.The technologies are mapped from Research and Development(R&D) labs, academic institutions, start-ups & Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSME).
- Which among the following has been declared as scheduled H1 drug by Government of India under Section 26B of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940?
5) MorphineAnswer-3) Hydroxychloroquine
Amid the growing coronavirus pandemic, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 26B of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 (23 of 1940), has declared hydroxychloroquine (HCQS) drug as a schedule H1 drug– which means it can’t be sold without the prescription of a registered medical practitioner.
- Name the country which has hosted the ‘Virtual Group of 20 (G20) summit’ (March 2020).
5) Saudi ArabiaAnswer-5) Saudi Arabia
Prime Minister Narendra Modi participated in an extraordinary “Virtual Group of 20 (G20) Leaders’ Summit”which was hosted by Saudi Arabia Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud through video conference. It was held to discuss the challenges created by the COVID-19 and to develop an action planfor global coordinated response against it.
- What is the amount of relief package announced by Finance minister under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana for the poor to tackle COVID-19 crisis?
1) 1.50 Lakh Crore
2) 1.70 Lakh Crore
3) 1.25 Lakh Crore
4) 1.66 Lakh Crore
5) 1.80 Lakh CroreAnswer-2) 1.70 Lakh Crore
On March 26, 2020, Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman has publicized the Rs 1.70 Lakh Crore relief package under Pradhan MantriGaribKalyanYojana (PMGKY), during the Press Conference in New Delhi. The motive behind this is to aid and support the Poverty-stricken people to fight a battle against Coronavirus.
- What is the amount of Insurance cover that will be provided to Health care workers who fights for COVID-19 in Govt Hospitals & health centres?
1) 100 Lakh
2) 150 Lakh
3) 25 Lakh
4) 10 Lakh
5) 50 LakhAnswer-5) 50 Lakh
As per Finance Minister any health professional, who while treating Covid-19 patients, met with some accidentwould be compensated with an amount of Rs 50 lakh under the scheme. Approximately 22 lakh health workers would be provided insurance cover to fight this pandemic.
- The RBI has increased the repo auction amount (on March 26, 2020) from Rs. 25000 cr to __________.
1) 30,000 Cr
2) 50,000 Cr
3) 45,000 Cr
4) 40,000 Cr
5) 35,000 CrAnswer-2) 50,000 Cr
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) increased the March 26, 2020, variable rate term repo auction amount to Rs 50,000 crore from Rs 25,000 crore due to the disruptive impact of Covid-19 for the financial sector. Also, the nation has locked down for 21 days and to keep the liquidity in the market stable this decision has been taken.
- What is the number of members in Yes Bank Board of Directors (BOD) constituted by RBI under ‘‘Yes Bank Limited Reconstruction Scheme, 2020’?
5) 12Answer-3) 8
The YES Bank reconstituted its Board of Directors(BOD) with 8 members as per ‘Yes Bank Limited Reconstruction Scheme, 2020′ notified by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India.The 8 members comprise of Prashant Kumar- Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer(CEO), Sunil Mehta- Non-Executive Chairman, Mahesh Krishnamurti&Atul Bheda(Non-Executive Directors), R Gandhi&Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan – Additional Directors appointed by Reserve Bank of India(RBI), ParthaPratim Sengupta&Swaminathan Janakiraman – Directors nominated by State Bank of India(SBI).
- As per 7th Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement, 2019-20, What is the current reverse repo rate in India?
5) 3%Answer-2) 4%
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released the Seventh Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement, 2019-20 Resolution of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), RBI under which MPC has decided rate changes with immediate effect due to the current and evolving macroeconomic situation impacted by COVID-19.
Policy rate New Rate Previous Rate Change in Basis points (bps) Policy Repo Rate 4.40 % 5.15% 75 Reverse Repo Rate 4% 4.90% 90 Marginal Standing Facility Rate 4.65% 5.40% 75 Bank Rate 4.65% 5.40% 75 CRR 3% 4% 100 SLR 18.25% 18.25% –
- EcoWrap has estimated India’s GDP for financial year 2020-21 as 2.6%. The EcoWrap is the research team of which among the following?
1) State Bank of India
2) Fitch solutions
3) Reserve Bank of India
4) International Monetary Fund
5) Standard & PoorAnswer-1) State Bank of India
According to a report titled “EcoWrap” released by the economic research team from SBI (State Bank of India), India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth is expected to decline sharply to 2.6 % in the next financial year 2020-21 amid the 21-day lockdown Coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic.
- According to Moody’s Global Macro Outlook 2020-21, what is India’s revised GDP growth for the year 2020 _______.
5) 3%Answer-2) 2.5%
Moody’s Global Macro Outlook 2020-21 again slashed India’s Gross Domestic Product(GDP) to 2.5% from 5.3% in 2020 due to rising economic cost of COVID-19 & also due to the lockdown in India.
- What is the India’s GDP for fiscal year 2020-21 as per prediction of credit rating agency CRISIL?
5) 4%Answer-1) 3.5%
CRISIL (formerly Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited),a global analytical company providing ratings, has reduced India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth by 170 bps (basis points) to 3.5% for fiscal year-FY 2020-21 from 5.2 % estimated earlier. It revised downwards its projection due to the damaging impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Which Indian PSU has acquired 74.496 % equity stake in THDC India Ltd & 100% equity in North-Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO) in March 2020?
1) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
2) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
3) Indian Oil Corporation Limited
4) Coal India Limited
5) National Thermal Power CorporationAnswer-5) National Thermal Power Corporation
NTPC (formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited), India’s largest energy conglomerate, has inked a share purchase agreement (SPAs) worth of Rs 11,500 crore with the central government. Under the deal NTPC acquired the latter’s 74.496 % equity stake in THDC India Ltd (THDCIL) for Rs 7,500 crore & its 100% equity in North-Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO) for Rs 4,000 crore respectively.
- Name the country which has launched military communication satellite named AEHF-6.
2) United States
5) ChinaAnswer-2) United States
The United States (US) Space Force launched its 1st national security mission on March 26, 2020 by sending an ultra-secure military communication satellite into orbit called Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF)-6 (developed by Lockheed martin) from Cape Canaveral, Florida on the Atlas V551 rocket.
- Name the person who has written the book titled “Legacy of Learning”.
1) Khushwant Singh
2) Savita Chhabra
3) Shashi Tharoor
4) Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
5) R.K. NarayanAnswer-2) Savita Chhabra
Savita Chhabra, Chairperson of HRIPL (Hygienic Research Institute Private Limited) and an award-winning businesswoman, has authored & launched her first book titled “Legacy Of Learning”.
- Satish Gujral who passed away in March 2020 is ________.
2) Social activist
5) PoliticianAnswer-3) Architect
Satish Gujral passed away at the age of 94 in New Delhi, India. He was born on December 25, 1925, in Jhelum, Punjab and studied art in Mumbai and Lahore.Gujral wrote his autobiography “A Brush with Life”.He was an architect, painter, muralist, sculptor and graphic artist.
- The World Theatre Day with the focus theme of ‘Theatre and a Culture of Peace’ observed every year on _________.
1) March 25
2) March 18
3) March 22
4) March 27
5) April 2Answer-4) March 27
World Theatre Day (WTD) is celebrated every year on 27th March by ITI (International Theatre Institute) centres and International Theatre Community. The day promotes the values of arts and its forms across the world. The day was initiated by ITI in 1961.The messages given by renowned theatre artists focus on the theme of “Theatre and a Culture of Peace”.Shahid Nadeem, Pakistani playwright was selected as the author of the message of WTD for the year 2020.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the ministry which issues Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) for Maintaining Supply of Essential Goods during 21-day Nationwide Lockdown to fight COVID-19. Answer-Ministry of Home Affairs
- Name the chemical which is used as indelible ink in Elections that isnow used to quarantine the person who return from foreign countries (with EC approval)? Answer-Silver Nitrate
- What is the Capital and Currency of Saudi Arabia? Answer-Capital – Riyadh & Currency – Riyal
- Who is the present Health & Family Welfare minister of India (March 2020)? Answer-Harsh Vardhan
- Who is the present Governor of Odisha? Answer-Ganeshi Lal
- Name the ministry which issues Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) for Maintaining Supply of Essential Goods during 21-day Nationwide Lockdown to fight COVID-19.
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]