AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 28 July 2022 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
Our Current Affairs March 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- In July 2022, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) announced India gets five new wetlands, taking the Total Ramsar Sites tally to 54 from 49.
Which of the following Ramsar Sites was ‘wrongly matched’ with their state?
1) Karikili Bird Sanctuary- Tamil Nadu
2) Pala wetland- Mizoram
3) Pallikaranai Marsh Reserve Forest – Tamil Nadu
4) Sakhya Sagar- Madhya Pradesh
5) Pichavaram Mangrove- West BengalAnswer- 5) Pichavaram Mangrove- West Bengal
India has designated five new wetlands of international importance, taking the total number of Ramsar sites in India to 54 from 49 under the Ramsar Convention or the Convention on Wetlands.
i. The new sites include three wetlands in Tamil Nadu (TN), one in Mizoram and one in Madhya Pradesh (MP) which are explained as below:
Karikili Bird Sanctuary is Located in Kanchipuram district in Tamil Nadu.
Pallikaranai Marsh Reserve Forest is one of the last remaining natural wetlands of Chennai located adjacent to the Bay of Bengal located in Tamil Nadu.
The Pichavaram Mangrove is the second largest mangrove forest located in Tamil Nadu.
The Pala wetland is the largest natural wetland in Mizoram.
Sakhya Sagar is located in the Madhav National Park in Shivpuri district of Madhya Pradesh.
- According to the Expat Insider 2022 Rankings published by InterNations, India secured ___________ rank out of 52 nations on the list, while ___________ has topped the Expat Insider 2022 Rankings.
1) 36th; Mexico
2) 40th; Indonesia
3) 36th; Taiwan
4) 20th; Mexico
5) 40th; TaiwanAnswer-1) 36th; Mexico
According to the Expat Insider 2022 Rankings published by InterNations headquartered at Germany, India is ranked 36th out of 52 nations on the list, with a high affordability score.
i. Mexico has topped the Expat Insider 2022 Rankings followed by Indonesia, Taiwan. Kuwait, ranked 52nd, is the worst country for expats.
ii. The USA is ranked 14, Canada 23, and China is at 33. India is placed between Egypt (35th) and the United Kingdom (37th).
iii. A person who dwells outside of their nation of origin is known as an expatriate (shortly known as “expat”).
- Which Payments Bank was recently (in July’22) partnered with Tata AIG General Insurance Company to provide a TATA Accidental Guard policy?
1) Airtel Payments Bank
2) NSDL Payment Bank
3) Paytm Payment Bank
4) India Post Payments Bank
5) Fino Payments BankAnswer-4) India Post Payments Bank
India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has partnered with Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited (TATA AIG) for providing TATA Accidental Guard policy to IPPB customers.
i. A special drive has commenced from 15th July in all post offices in Goa for covering the citizens of the state under this policy.
- As per the International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) World Economic Outlook (WEO) in July 2022, India’s growth forecast was reduced to ________ from 8.2% for FY24.
5) 6.9%Answer-4) 7.4%
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) in its World Economic Outlook (WEO) for July 2022 titled ‘Gloomy and More Uncertain’ has lowered India’s growth forecast for FY23 by 0.8% (80 basis points-BPS) to 7.4% from 8.2% projected earlier.
i. For FY24 also, the IMF decreases the growth forecast for India to 6.1% from 6.9% earlier.
ii. On the global front, it downgraded the global growth forecast for the calendar year 2022 by 40 basis points to 3.2% and by 70 basis points to 2.9% for 2023.
- Which organisation recently (in July’22) signed an MoU with Greenko ZeroC Private Limited (Greenko) to Manufacture Green Hydrogen?
1) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
2) Bharat Petroleum Limited
3) Power Grid Corporation of India
4) Hindustan Petroleum Limited
5) GAIL IndiaAnswer-1) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) signed an MoU with Greenko ZeroC Private Limited (Greenko) in New Delhi, Delhi to jointly pursue opportunities in renewables, green hydrogen, green ammonia and other derivatives of green hydrogen.
i. The MoU is in line with the National Hydrogen Mission (NHM) which was launched to make India a global green hydrogen hub. MoU will be valid for 2 years.
About Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC):
CMD- Dr Alka Mittal
Headquarters- New Delhi, Delhi
- Who recently (in July’22) took oath as new President of Albania?
1) Bajram Begaj
2) Bamir Topi
3) Alfred Moisiu
4) Ilir Meta
5) Sali BerishaAnswer-1) Bajram Begaj
Bajram Begaj, a retired military commander and politician took the oath as the 8th President of the Republic of Albania at the swearing-in ceremony in the parliament. He succeeded former President Ilir Meta who served from July 2017 for five years.
i. On June 4, 2022, he won the presidential election receiving 78 votes in favour, four politicians opposed, and one legislator abstained in the plenary session of Parliament, which was attended by a total of 83 Members of Parliament (MPs).
ii. He served as the 26th Chief of General Staff of the Albanian Armed Forces (AAF) from July 2020 to June 2022
iii. He is the fifth president in the history of Albania to have a military background, after Ahmet Zogu, Ramiz Alia, Alfred Moisiu and Bujar Nishani.
- In July 2022, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the acquisition of ___________ stake in Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited (TPREL) by Greenforest New Energies Bidco Limited.
5) 15.21%Answer- 2) 11.43%
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves the acquisition of up to 11.43% stake in Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited (TPREL) by Greenforest New Energies Bidco Limited (Greenforest).
i. Greenforest New Energies Bidco Limited is jointly run by BlackRock Alternatives Management, LLC. (BAM) and Mubadala Investment Company PJSC (MIC).
- Which city will host the 2028 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games (LA28)?
1) Paris, France
2) London, United Kingdom
3) Tokyo, Japan
4) Beijing, China
5) Los Angeles, United StatesAnswer-5) Los Angeles, United States
The 2028 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games (LA28) will be hosted in Los Angeles, United States. The opening ceremony will take place on July 14, 2028, and continue till July 30.
i. The Paralympic Games will begin in Los Angeles on August 15, 2028, and end on August 27, 2028. Earlier Los Angeles had hosted the Olympics in 1984 and 1932. This will be the first time that Los Angeles will be hosting the Paralympic Games.
- Name the Indian Cricketer who recently (in July’22) announced retirement from all forms of cricket.
1) Yastika Bhatia
2) Pooja Vastrakar
3) S Meghana
4) Meghna Singh
5) Karuna Vijaykumar JainAnswer-5) Karuna Vijaykumar Jain
On 25th July 2022, Indian Cricketer (batter wicket-keeper) Karuna Vijaykumar Jain (36 years old), hailing from Bengaluru, Karnataka, announced her decision to retire from all formats of cricket.
i. She holds the record for the 3rd highest number of dismissals as a wicketkeeper for India in One Day Internationals (ODIs), totalling 58. In her test career, she affected 17 dismissals, the 2nd best for Indian keepers after Anju Jain’s 23.
ii. She represented India in the Women’s World Cup in 2013 and the Women’s Twenty20 (T20) World Cup in 2014. She was also part of the 2005 Women’s World Cup squad.
- Sushovan Banerjee, West Bengal’s One Rupee Doctor & Padma Shri awardee, recently passed away (in July’22). In which year did he receive the Padma Award in the field of medicine?
5) 2017Answer- 1) 2020
The Padma Shri awardee Dr Sushovan Banerjee passed away at the age of 84 years due to kidney-related ailments in Kolkata, West Bengal. He was famously known as ‘Ek Takar Daktar’ (One Rupee Doctor) for providing medical facilities to tribals at Re 1 fee.
i. He was awarded the Padma Shri in 2020 for his contribution in the field of medicine, and in 2020, his name was recorded in the Guinness World Records for treating the maximum number of patients.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification