AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 28 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs November 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 28 January 2022
- Name the Maritime Exercise that was recently (in Jan’22) conducted by the Indian Navy at the Arabian Sea.
1) Shinyuu Maitri 2022
2) Paschim Lehar 2022
3) Eastern Bridge 2022
4) Vajra Prahar 2022
5) Varuna 2022Answer-2) Paschim Lehar 2022
The Indian Navy (IN) conducted a 20-day joint intra-theatre maritime exercise Paschim Lehar 2022 ( XPL-22) at the Arabian Sea under the aegis of FOC-in-C (Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief), Western Naval Command (WNC) Vice Admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh.
i. It was held to validate operational plans of WNC and enhance inter-service synergy among the IN, Indian Air Force (IAF), Indian Army and Coast Guard.
ii. It saw the participation of over 40 ships and submarines of IN along with maritime reconnaissance aircraft P8i, Dorniers, IL-38SD, unmanned aerial systems and MiG-29K strike aircraft
- Name the Decommissioned Indian Naval Ship (INS) that was recently (in Jan’22) handed over to the Diu Administration that will be converted as a museum.
1) INS Dunagiri
2) INS Vindhyagiri
3) INS Ganga
4) INS Khukri
5) INS GodavariAnswer-4) INS Khukri
Indian Naval Ship (INS) Khukri, the lead ship of Khukri class corvettes and an indigenous surface-to-surface missile fitted vessel of the Indian Navy has been handed over to the Diu Administration on 26 January 2022, 73rd Republic Day in a ceremonial event held at the INS Khukri Memorial, Diu.
i. It was decommissioned on 23rd December 2021 & the INS was built by the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders and commissioned on 23rd August 1989 in Mumbai.
ii. INS Khukri is set to be developed as a full-scale museum in memory of the 1971 Indo-Pakistan War Heroes.
- Which Small Finance Bank recently (in Jan’22) amalgamated with the Punjab and Maharashtra Co-operative Bank (PMC Bank)?
1) Ujjivan SFB
2) Equitas SFB
3) Unity SFB
4) Capital SFB
5) AU SFBAnswer- 3) Unity SFB
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced the Government of India’s approval for the amalgamation of the Punjab and Maharashtra Co-operative Bank (PMC Bank) with Unity Small Finance Bank limited (USFBL), the 12th SFB of India.
i. The amalgamation came into force from 25th January 2022.
ii. As per the amalgamation scheme, USFBL must transfer the amount received from the Deposit Insurance & Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) to all eligible depositors of PMC Bank as an amount equal to the balance in their deposit accounts up to Rs 5 lakh, within a 90-days.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the 2022 Padma Award ?
A) The Padma Awards Committee is headed by the Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba.
B) The Ministry of Home Affairs has announced the 128 Padma Awards 2022 which includes 34 awards to women and 10 to Foreigners/NRI.
C) Bipin Rawat, India’s 1st Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) of Indian Armed Force, who died in a helicopter crash was named Padma Vibhushan.
1) Only C
2) Only A & B
3) Only A & C
4) Only B & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-5) All A, B & C
The Padma Awards Committee is headed by the Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba.
i. The Ministry of Home Affairs has announced the 128 Padma Awards 2022 which includes 34 awards to women and 10 to Foreigners/NRI.
ii. Bipin Rawat, India’s 1st Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) of Indian Armed Force, who died in a helicopter crash was named Padma Vibhushan.
Name Field State Prabha Atre Art Maharashtra Radheyshyam Khemka (Posthumous) Literature and Education Uttar Pradesh General Bipin Rawat (Posthumous) Civil Service Uttarakhand Kalyan Singh (Posthumous) Public Affairs Uttar Pradesh
- Which of the following is Not correct with respect to 2022’s Padma Bhushan awardees and their field?
1) Sundar Pichai – Trade and Industry
2) Rajiv Mehrishi – Civil Service
3) Pratibha Ray – Literature and Education
4) Rashid Khan – Art
5) Ghulam Nabi Azad – SportsAnswer-5) Ghulam Nabi Azad – Sports
• Ghulam Nabi Azad – Public Affairs
• Sundar Pichai – Trade and Industry
• Rajiv Mehrishi – Civil Service
• Pratibha Ray – Literature and Education
• Rashid Khan – Art
There are 17 awards for Padma Bhushan 2022.
- In Which state a new gecko species named ‘Protoblepharus Apatani’ was discovered in January 2022?
2) West Bengal
3) Arunachal Pradesh
5) AssamAnswer-3) Arunachal Pradesh
A team of researchers discovered a new gecko species named Protoblepharus Apatani, at Talle Valley Wildlife Sanctuary in Arunachal Pradesh.
i. The new species is named after the Apatani tribe of Arunachal Pradesh’s Ziro valley. Notably, this is the 5th new species discovered by the research team from their month long herpetological investigations in Arunachal Pradesh.
ii. The other species discovered by the team- Trimeresurus Salazar (pit viper),Cyrtodactylus arunachalensis (Lizard) etc.
- Who Authored the book, “A Little Book of India: Celebrating 75 years of Independence”?
1) Jhumpa Lahiri
2) Ruskin Bond
3) Vikram Seth
4) Arundhati Roy
5) Kiran DesaiAnswer-2) Ruskin Bond
A new book titled “A Little Book of India: Celebrating 75 years of Independence” authored by Ruskin Bond and published by Penguin Random House India (PRHI) was released on 26th January 2022, marking 75 years of India’s Independence.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the 73rd Republic Day that was celebrated on 26th January 2022?
A) The events of the 73rd Republic Day and the parade was held at the Rajpath in New Delhi, where tableaux from 12 selected States participated.
B) Squadron Leader ‘Suraj Nair’ has been honoured with the ‘Vayu Sena Medal’ to recognise his courage and disregard to personal safety in a hostile combat zone.
C) Olympic Gold Medalist, Neeraj Chopra, a Subedar in the Indian Army has been honoured with the Param Vishisht Seva Medal.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A & B
3) Only A & C
4) Only B
5) Only AAnswer-1) All A, B & C
The events of the 73rd Republic Day and the parade was held at the Rajpath in New Delhi & the tableaux of 12 States were selected.
i. Squadron Leader Suraj Nair has been honoured with the Vayu Sena Medal to recognise his courage and disregard to personal safety in a hostile combat zone.
ii. Olympic Gold Medalist, Neeraj Chopra, a Subedar in the Indian Army has been honoured with the Param Vishisht Seva Medal.
- What is the theme of International Day of Commemoration in memory of the victims of the Holocaust 2022 that is annuallyobservedon 27th January?
1) Remembrance and Beyond
2) Recovery and Reconstitution after the Holocaust
3) Facing the Aftermath
4) Memory, Dignity and Justice
5) No one left BehindAnswer-4) Memory, Dignity and Justice
The United Nations (UN)’s International Day of Commemoration in memory of the victims of the Holocaust is annually observed across the globe on 27th January as a tribute to the victims of the holocaust, also known as the Shoah, which was the genocide of European Jews during World War II.
i. The theme of International Day of Commemoration in memory of the victims of the Holocaust 2022 is “Memory, Dignity and Justice”.
ii. The first ever International Day of Commemoration in memory of the victims of the Holocaust was observed on 27th January 2006.
- Name the State Government that recently (in Jan’22) approved the creation of 13 New Districts.
1) Andhra Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-1) Andhra Pradesh
The State Government of Andhra Pradesh (AP) has given its approval to increase the number of districts in the state to 26 from the existing 13. The process for the creation of 13 new districts will be completed by Telugu New Year in April 2022.
i. The 13 new Districts with its Headquarters are-Manyam Dist – Parvathipuram, Alluri Sitharama Raju District – Paderu, Anakapalli – Anakapalli, Kakinada – Kakinada, Kona Seema – Amalapuram, Eluru – Eluru, NTR District – Vijayawada, Bapatla – Bapatla, Palnadu – Narsaraopeta, Nandyal – Nandyal, Sri Satyasai District – Puttaparthy, Annamayya District – Rayachoty, Sri Balaji Dist. – Tirupati.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification