AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 28 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- __________________ topped the 1st Edition of North Eastern Region (NER) District Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Index & Dashboard 2021-22 that was prepared by ______________ & the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region.
1) Gomati; NITI Aayog
2) Gomati; TRIFED
3) East Sikkim; TRIFED
4) North Tripura; TRIFED
5) East Sikkim; NITI Aayog
Answer-5) East Sikkim; NITI Aayog
The 1st Edition of North Eastern Region (NER) District Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Index & Dashboard 2021-22 was released. The district of East Sikkim topped the rankings among the 103 districts from the 8 NER states.
i.It was prepared by NITI Aayog & Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region with the support of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Which Organisation partnered (in Aug’21) with NITI Aayog to launch the new phase of Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) called ‘WEP Nxt’?
3) Tech Mahindra
4) Amazon Web Services
5) UN Women
NITI Aayog launched the next phase of its flagship platform Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) titled ‘WEP Nxt’ in partnership with Cisco. WEP was launched by NITI Aayog in 2017.
- Name the organisation that recently (in Aug’21) signed an Agreement with UAE to send visiting Professors to conduct research in the field of Social Science.
1) Jawaharlal Nehru University
2) Indian Council for Cultural Relations
3) IIT Delhi
4) Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts
5) Centre for Cultural Resources and Training
Answer-2) Indian Council for Cultural Relations
The Indian Government on behalf of Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) has signed an Agreement with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to send visiting professors of social sciences to conduct research at the New York University Abu Dhabi.
- What is the focus theme of MANTHAN-2021, a hackathon launched by the Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell?
1) Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare
2) Sustainable Development Goals
3) National Security
4) Healthcare & Policing
5) Aviation Business Model
Answer-3) National Security
MANTHAN-2021, a first of its kind Hackathon focused on National Security was organized by Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) in coordination with the Innovation Cell of the Ministry of Education and AICTE over a virtual platform.
- Which Indian Company signed an agreement for constructing the $530 million ‘Greater Male Connectivity Project’ with the Government of Maldives?
1) Hindustan Construction Company
2) Afcons Infrastructure
3) L&T Construction
4) Lanco Infratech
5) Simplex Infrastructures
Answer-2) Afcons Infrastructure
Afcons Infrastructure Ltd, an infrastructure arm of Shapoorji Pallonji Group from India signed an agreement with the Republic of Maldives for a $530 million infrastructure project named ‘Greater Male Connectivity Project’ (GMCP).
Capital – Male
Currency – Rufiyaa
President – Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Who was appointed (in Aug’21) as the Chairperson of the Board of Stop TB partnership until 2024?
1) Harsh Vardhan
2) Pritam Munde
3) Balram Bhargav
4) Bharati Pravin Pawar
5) Mansukh Mandaviya
Answer-5) Mansukh Mandaviya
Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare has taken charge as the Chairperson of the Board of Stop TB partnership. He will hold the responsibility of the chairman of the board with immediate effect until 2024.
- Name the Web Portal that was launched by the Labour Ministry for registering Unorganised workers in India.
4) PM Daksh
Union Minister for Labour & Employment, Bhupender Yadav has launched e-Shram Portal for registration of Unorganised workers across the country. It will act as India’s comprehensive National Database of Unorganised Workers (NDUW).
i.After registration, the workers will be issued an e-Shram card containing a 12-digit unique number.
- Name the state government that launched the “Mera Kaam Mera Maan (MKMM)” scheme to provide skill development to unemployed youths.
Chief Minister of Punjab, Amarinder Singh, approved the new scheme titled “Mera Kaam Mera Maan (MKMM)” scheme to help the unemployed youths of Punjab to enhance their skills and increase the chance of getting a job.
- Who was appointed (in Aug’21) as the brand ambassador of Delhi’s “Desh Ke Mentor” – mentorship program for government schools?
1) Hrithik Roshan
2) Salman Khan
3) Akshay Kumar
4) Prabhu Deva
5) Sonu Sood
Answer-5) Sonu Sood
Bollywood Actor, Sonu Sood will be appointed as brand ambassador of the programme of Delhi Government ‘’Desh Ke Mentor” by the Chief Minister of Delhi Arvind Kejriwal. It’s a mentorship programme where around 3 lakh experts and professionals will guide the 10 lakh Delhi government school students.
- Pick the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) that deals with “Clean Water and Sanitation for All”.
1) SDG 15
2) SDG 3
3) SDG 12
4) SDG 6
5) SDG 9
Answer-4) SDG 6
SDG 6 deals with providing “Clean Water and Sanitation for All” by 2030.