AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 28 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The Union labour ministry has declared which among the following as public utility service (PUS) for six months till October 21, 2020 under the provisions of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
2) Banking industry
3) Telcom service
4) Transport service
5) Hotel services
Answer-2) Banking industry
The Ministry of Labour and Employment has declared banking industry as a public utility service (PUS) for six months starting April 21, 2020 till October 21, 2020 under the provisions of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947. It means the employees and officers of the banking sector are barred to do any strikes in the given period. This decision has been taken due to the adverse impact of COVID-19 on the economic activities.
- Name the ministry which has launched #MyBookMyFriendcampaign on world book day.
1) Ministry of Labour and Employment
2) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
3) Ministry of Human Resource and Development
4) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
5) Ministry of Labour and Employment
Answer-3) Ministry of Human Resource and Development
On 23th April 2020, on account of the World Book Day the Union Minister of Human Resource and Development, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched #MyBookMyFriendcampaign in his social media along with the video message saying that when you open a book you open a new world and he said that books are the best friends of a person which inspires and provides a way of thinking and guide in difficult times.
- Name the Indian state which has launched Jeevan Shakti Yojana to enable women in urban areas to earn by making masks at home.
3) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-3) Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh(MP) Chief Minister(CM) Shivraj Singh Chauhan launched Jeevan Shakti Yojana to enable women in urban areas to earn by making masks at home, where the government will pay them Rs 11 per mask.
- Find the organisation which has reported that the developing countries’ repayments on their public external debt will increase between $2.6 trillion and $3.4 trillion in 2020 and 2021.
1) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
2) International Labour Organisation (ILO)
3) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
4) World Economic Forum (WEF)
5) World Trade Organisation (WTO)
Answer-1) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
In accordance with the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) report titled “From the Great Lockdown to the Great Meltdown: Developing Country Debt in the Time of Covid-19″, developing countries’ repayments on their public external debt will increase between $2.6 trillion and $3.4 trillion in 2020 and 2021 amid COVID-19 pandemic.
- What is the amount for which RBI has opened Special Liquidity Facility for Mutual Funds from Apr 27-May 11, 2020?
In order to ease the liquidity pressures on mutual funds, impacted by coronavirus crisis, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has initiated a special liquidity facility of Rs 50,000 crore namely “Special Liquidity Facility-Mutual Funds (SLF-MF)”under which RBI will conduct repo operations of 90 days tenor at the fixed repo rate.The timeline of the scheme is from April 27, 2020 to May 11, 2020 or up to utilization of the allocated amount, whichever is earlier. SLF-MF is on-tap and open-ended, and banks can submit their bids to avail funding on any day from Monday to Friday (excluding holidays). Under this facility, the RBI will provide funds to banks at lower rates.
- Indian overseas bank (IOB) has launched a special borrowing programme for Self Help Groups to help them amid Covid-19 crisis. Where is the HQ of IOB located?
Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), a major public sector bank (PSB), has launched a special borrowing programme for Self Help Groups (SHGs) to help them in difficult situations arising out of Coronavirus (COVID-19).Headquarters– Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- What is the revised growth rate of India for FY21 as per estimation of India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)?
India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra), the Indian subsidiary of Fitch group,has revised India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth forecasts for the fiscal year 2020-21 (FY 21) to 1.9 % from 3.6% estimated earlier due to the impact of coronavirus (Covid-19) on the economy.
- Name the PSU which has called for global expressions of interest (EoI) to provide20 Hydrogen Fuel Cell (FC) based electric buses & electric cars to operate them in Delhi and Leh.
1) Steel Authority of India
2) Indian Oil Corporation Limited
3) Power Grid Corporation of India
4) Coal India Limited
5) NTPC Limited
Answer-5) NTPC Limited
NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam (NVVN) Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of India’s largest energy conglomerate NTPC Limited (formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited), has called for a global expressions of interest (EoI) to buy 10 Hydrogen Fuel Cell (FC) based electric buses & 10 Hydrogen Fuel Cell based electric cars to operate them in Delhi and Leh.
- Name the industry which has become the top exporting sector for the 1st time during the April-January period of FY 2019-2020with the contribution of 14.35% of total exports.
1) Food Processing Industry
2) Textile Industry
3) Steel Industry
4) Chemical & Petrochemical industry
5) Mining Industry
Answer-4) Chemical & petrochemical industry
In a progressive move, the chemical & petrochemical industry became the Indian top exporting sector for FY 2019-20 as the export of chemicals increased by 7.43% to Rs 2.68 lakh crore during the April-January period of FY 2019-2020 in comparison to the corresponding period of 2018-19. This industry contributed 14.35% of the total exports.
- RBI has extended term of appointment of Madhavan Menon as the part-time Chairman of the Catholic Syrian Bank (CSB) till July 21, 2020. Where is the HQ of CSB located?
1) Thrissur, Kerala
2) Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu
3) Aluva, Kerala
4) Karur, Tamil Nadu
5) Cochin, Kerala
Answer-1) Thrissur, Kerala
CSB (Catholic Syrian Bank), the private sector bank announced that RBI (Reserve Bank of India) has extended the term of appointment of Madhavan Menon as the part-time Chairman of the Bank till July 21, 2020.Headquarters– Thrissur, Kerala.
- What is the rank of India in military spending among the world with USD 71.1 Billion, as per report of Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)?
According to a new report by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), the total global military expenditure rose to USD 1,917 billion in 2019, which represents an annual growth of 3.6% compared to 2018 & it is the largest annual growth in spending since 2010. For the 1st time two Asian countries- China(2nd), India(3rd) have featured among the top military spenders after the United States- US(1st).
Position Country USD in billion 1 US 732 2 China 261 3 India 71.1
- Name the private sector bank which has acquired 6.43% stake in Reliance Capital for Rs. 252 Crores.
1) ICICI Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) YES Bank
4) IndusInd Bank
5) Axis Bank
Answer-2) HDFC Bank
HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd.)has acquired 6.43% stake in debttrapped Reliance Capital by invoking pledged shares. In this regard HDFC has acquired 25.27 crore shares of Rs 10 each i.e. the total value of these shares are Rs 252 crore.
- Multilateral air combat military exercise Pitch Black 2020 was cancelled. The Pitch Black is conducted by Royal air force of which country?
The premier multilateral air combat training Exercise Pitch Black 2020 scheduled from July 27 to August 14 is cancelled by Australia due to the current and anticipated impacts of the worldwide pandemic of COVID-19. The next edition is scheduled in 2022.It is a biennial three-week multinational large force employment exercise conducted primarily from RAAF (Royal Australian Air Force) Base Darwin and RAAF Base Tindal. RAAF Base Amberley was to also be included in the exercise this year
- Name the Indian institute which has developed dashboard named PRACRITI to predict the spread of Covid-19 in India.
1) IIT Delhi
2) IIT Kanpur
3) IIT Bombay
4) IIT Ropar
5) IIT Roorkee
Answer-1) IIT Delhi
The Researchers of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Delhi developed a web-based mobile-friendly dashboard named Prediction and Assessment of Corona Infections and Transmission in India “PRACRITI” to predict the spread of Covid-19 in India and gives a state-wise and district-wise predictions.
- Find the research centre which along with the Nanomechanics Inc. has developed NanoBlitz 3D, an advanced tool to map nano-mechanical properties.
1) Central Research Institute for Jute and Allied Fibers
2) International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials
3) National Institute of Biomedical Genomics
4) Agharkar Research Institute
5) Physical Research Laboratory
Answer-2) International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials
Scientists from International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI) an autonomous institute under the Department of Science & Technology in collaboration with Nanomechanics Incorporated (Inc.,) have developed NanoBlitz 3D, an advanced tool to map nano-mechanical properties of constituent phases, features or components of multiphase alloys, composites, multi-layered coatings & others.
- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT) under CSIR has partnered with LAXAI Life Sciences Pvt ltd to develop and manufacture APIs and drug intermediates to reduce dependency. Where is CSIR-IICT located?
Hyderabad based Indian Institute of Chemical Technology(IICT), a laboratory under the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research(CSIR) has collaborated with LAXAI Life Sciences Private Limited, an integrated pharmaceutical company, to develop and manufacture Active pharmaceutical ingredients(APIs) and drug intermediates, which will help to reduce dependency of the Indian pharmaceutical sector on Chinese imports of these ingredients.
- Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CeNS) has developed TriboE Mask that holds electric charges to restrict the entry of infections, without any external power. CeNS is located in which Indian city?
A team of researchers at the Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CeNS), Bengaluru, has come up with face masks, termed as TriboE Mask (comprising of polypropylene layers on the outside and nylon layer in between) that can hold electric charges to restrict the entry of infections, without any external power.
- Kerala based innovator VasiniBai has developed 10 varieties of which flower by cross pollination recently?
D VasiniBai, a women innovator from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, has developed 10 varieties of Anthurium by cross-pollination. The salient features of the Anthurium varieties are: large beautiful flowers, different colors of spathe and spadix, long stalks, better shelf life and good market value.Anthurium is one of the best domestic flowering plants in the world. They are beautiful but also purify the toxic substances from the air and remove harmful airborne chemicals like formaldehyde, ammonia, toluene, xylene, and allergens. NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) has placed Anthurium in the list of air purifier plants.
- Pakistan Navy has has successfully test-fired a series of anti-ship missiles in the North Arabian Sea recently. What is the capital of Pakistan?
The Pakistani Navy has successfully test-fired a series of anti-ship missiles in the North Arabian Sea from surface ships, fixed and rotary wing aircraft. The announcement was made by Pakistan Navy spokesperson Rear Admiral Arshid Javed and didn’t reveal the details of the drill.Capital– Islamabad.
- Jhuma Katun who was banned for 4yrs recently, belongs to which sports?
Indian middle distance runner Jhuma Khatun was banned for four years for using banned substances(Steroids) by the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) of the World governing body for the doping case from 2018 in which the National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL) failed to detect and later tested positive for dehydrochloromethyl testosterone in Montreal Laboratory in Canada.
- Devanand Konwar who passed away recently is the former Governor of which Indian state (excluding, Governor as additional charge of West Bengal)?
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Devanand Konwar, former Governor of Bihar and Tripura and Veteran Congress leader passed away at the age of 86 in Guwahati, Assam. He was born in 1934.
- R V Bhuskute who passed away recently is ______.
1) Freedom fighter
3) Theatre Actor
Answer-1) Freedom fighter
Freedom fighter R V Bhuskute dies. had participated in the Quit India Movement, died of prolonged illness in Maharashtra’s Raigadh district on Thursday, family sources said. He was 94 and is survived by his wife, three sons and three daughters.
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Willie Davis who died recently belongs to which country?
4) United States
Answer-4) United States
Willie Davis, a Hall of Fame defensive end and a team captain for Vince Lombardi’s Green Bay Packers in the 1960s, when he helped lead his team to the first two Super Bowl championships, died April 15 at a hospital in Santa Monica, Calif. He was 85. He is born in US.
- The world intellectual property day was observed every year of April 26. What is the theme of the day for the year 2020?
1) “Powering change: Women in innovation and creativity”
2) “Digital Creativity: Culture Reimagined”
3) “Reach for Gold: IP and Sports”
4) “Innovate for a Green Future”
5) “Innovation — Improving Lives”
Answer-4) “Innovate for a Green Future”
26th April 2020 is annually observed as World Intellectual Property Day established by World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in the year 2000 to create awareness about the impacts of patents, copyright, trademarks and designs and to educate about the roles of Intellectual Property (IP) rights that supports and encourages the innovation and creativity. The theme of this year is “Innovate for a Green Future”.
- The International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day is observed on April 26 every year. Chernobyl is located in which country?
International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day is observed on April 26 every year. The day remembers the explosion at the No.4 reactor in the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant near the city of Pripyat in the north of the Soviet Ukraine, in 1986 which spread a radioactive cloud over large parts of the Soviet Union Federation. This year marks the 34th anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster.
- Which among the following day was celebrated annually on April 25?
1) World Tiger Day
2) World Elephant Day
3) World Whale Day
4) World Cat Day
5) World Penguin Day
Answer-5) World Penguin Day
25th April of every year is celebrated as World Penguin Day to create awareness about the threat to the existence of these flightless birds. The Antarctic and Southern Ocean Coalition (ASOC), a non-governmental organisation mentions that this day coincides with the annual northern migration of Adelie penguins of Antarctica.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Indian state/UT which has renamed PHE, Irrigation and Flood Control Department as ‘Jal Shakti Department’.
Answer-Jammu & Kashmir
The administrative council headed by Lieutenant Governor G C Murmu had accorded sanction to the renaming of PHE, Irrigation and Flood Control Department as ‘Jal Shakti Department’ and implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission and a road map to achieve 100 per cent coverage of piped water supply by December 2021 across the UT aligning it to the national Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Rohtang Pass is located in which Indian state?
Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has opened Rohtang Pass (13,500 feet above sea level) today, more than three weeks in advance amid Covid-19 lockdown after clearing snow. It is the arterial road connecting Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh from rest of the country. The pass was opened on May 18, last year.
- Who is the present Union Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers?
- Who is the Prime Minister of Pakistan?
- Where is the HQ of World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO)?
- What is called the process of selling Pledged shares and invoking pledged shares?