AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 28 & 29 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- President Ram Nath Govind has promulgated the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020 recently, the ordinance amends which section of Banking regulation act to bring urban and multi state co-op banks under supervision of RBI?
1) Section 45
2) Section 56
3) Section 49
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind in exercising the powers conferred under clause (1) of article 123 of the Constitution has promulgated the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020 which will amend section 45, and 56 of Banking Regulation Act, 1949 as applicable to Cooperative Banks. This promulgation followed the Cabinet approval on June 24, 2020 regarding an ordinance to bring nearly 1,482 urban and 58 multi state cooperative banks under the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) supervision.
- Government has notified the new Floating Rate Savings Bonds, 2020 (Taxable) Scheme with effect from July 1, 2020. Which organisation will issue these bonds?
1) Forward Market Commission of India
2) Reserve Bank of India
3) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
4) Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority
5) Securities and Exchange Board of India
Answer-2) Reserve Bank of India
Government has notified the new Floating Rate Savings Bonds, 2020 (Taxable) Scheme in place of 7.75% Savings (Taxable) Bonds, 2018, with effect from July 1, 2020. The 7.75% Savings (Taxable) Bonds, 2018 Scheme was ceased for subscription from the close of banking business on May 28, 2020.These bonds will be issued by Reserve Bank India (RBI) on behalf of the Government of India (GoI).The Floating Rate Savings Bonds, 2020 (Taxable) Scheme is going to issue a floating rate, taxable savings bond for an initial coupon of 7.15%, payable on January 1, 2021.
- How many districts will be covered in “Nasha Mukt Bharat: Annual Action Plan (2020-21)” which was launched by Social Justice and Empowerment ministry?
To celebrate “International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking” on the theme Better knowledge for better care, Rattan Lal Kataria, Minister of State (MoS) for Social Justice and Empowerment has virtually launched “Nasha Mukt Bharat: Annual Action Plan (2020-21) for 272 Most Affected Districts” from New Delhi. He also released Logo and Tagline for National Action Plan for Drug Demand Reduction (NAPDDR) for 2018-2025 and 9 Video Spots produced for Drug Abuse Prevention.
- Name the organisation which organised the 1st ever ‘Virtual Healthcare and Hygiene Expo 2020’ (VHHE) inaugurated Union minister Mansukh Mandaviya.
1) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
2) Electronic Component Industries Association (ELCINA)
3) National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
4) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
5) Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
Answer-1) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
The Minister of State for Shipping (Independent charge) and Chemicals & Fertilisers Shri Mansukh Mandaviya has launched webinar of India’s first 5-day long virtual exhibition and conference, ‘Virtual Healthcare and Hygiene Expo 2020’ (VHHE), organised by FICCI and supported by Ministry of AYUSH with the aim to create a self-reliant ecosystem in the Pharmaceuticals and Health & Hygiene Sector by increasing domestic production.
- Which is the 1st state in India to launch “Godhan Nyay Yojana” to procure the cow dung from livestock owners?
Bhupesh Baghel, Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh announced the launch of “Godhan Nyay Yojana” through an online press conference to promote animal husbandry and make it a commercially profitable practice and to procure the cow dung from the farmers at a fixed rate.
- Find the Indian state which is going to launch Adarsh police station scheme from July 1, 2020.
Adarsh Police stations scheme will be launched in Chhattisgarh. It will develop the police stations in the state as Ideal Police stations. Certain parameters were set by the government & if the Police station meets the criteria then it will be rewarded.
- Which bank has partnered with PhonePe on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) multi-bank model?
1) HDFC Bank
2) RBL Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) IndusInd Bank
5) ICICI Bank
Answer-5) ICICI Bank
Flipkart-owned PhonePe announced that it has partnered with ICICI Bank on the Unified Payments Interface(UPI) multi-bank model, to provide its users the option to create and use multiple UPI IDs with ICICI Bank’s “@ibl” handle and YES Bank’s ‘@ybl’ handle on the PhonePe app.
- Which organisation has set up ‘Swavalamban Crisis Responsive Fund’ to facilitate free onboarding of MSMEs on TReDS platform?
1) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
2) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
3) National Housing Bank (NHB)
4) Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI)
5) India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL)
Answer-2) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
Small Industries Development Bank of India(SIDBI) has informed that it has set up ‘Swavalamban Crisis Responsive Fund’(SCRF), an open-ended fund to facilitate free onboarding of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSMEs) on Trade Receivables Discounting System(TReDS) platform.
- Name the bank which has partnered with Bengaluru based SOLV business platform to launch credit card for MSMEs.
1) HSBC Bank
2) BNP Paribas
3) Deutsche Bank
4) Standard Chartered Bank
5) Bank of China
Answer-4) Standard Chartered Bank
SOLV, a B2B (business to business) digital platform for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), has launched a tailor-made credit card in partnership with Standard Chartered Bank, India. SOLV MSME Credit Card provides MSME clients with a ready means to meet ongoing business expenses including supplier payments, fuel, logistics, purchase of raw material, utility payments and working capital outlays.
- World Bank has sanctioned $500 million to which country for cross country (which includes Indian border) road projects?
World Bank (WB) has sanctioned $ 500 million for “Western Economic Corridor and Regional Enhancement (WeCARE) Phase I project” to improve road connectivity in Bangladesh’s Jashore-Jhenaidah corridor, which consists of four western districts to connect with the capital Dhaka as well as with India and Bhutan.
- What will be the India’s GDP growth in 2020 as per S&P global ratings?
According to the S&P Global Ratings report titled ‘Asia-Pacific losses near USD 3 trillion as balance sheet recession looms’, India’s economy is expected to contract by 5% in 2020 before rebounding in 2021 and Asia-Pacific’s economy will contract by 1.3% in 2020 but show 6.9% growth in 2021.
- Vini Mahajan has become the 1st women chief secretary of which state?
The Punjab government appointed 1987 batch Indian Administrative Service(IAS) Officer Vini Mahajan as the Chief Secretary, after which she becomes the 1st woman to hold this post. She will remain in the post until October 2024. She succeeded Karan Avtar Singh, who was due to retire in August 2020. Currently she is the only Punjab cadre officer in the state to hold a Secretary’s post at the Centre.
- The panchayat raj department of which state has won 1st prize under e-Panchayat Puraskars 2020?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
4) Himachal Pradesh
Answer-4) Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh panchayati raj department wins 1st prize under e-Panchayat Puraskars 2020 for effective implementation of e-applications, developed by the central government & other applications developed by the state government. The prize will be given by Union Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
- How many district hospitals of Jammu & Kashmir has won Kayakalap Award 2019-20 for their achievements in the health sector?
6 Districts hospitals(DH) of the union territory of Jammu & Kashmir won the Kayakalap Award for their achievements in the health sector and secured positions in the best hospital category 2019-2020.The award was instituted as a part of the “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan” on 15th May 2015 to recognise the public health facilities that exhibit high levels of cleanliness, hygiene and infection control measures.
- Which edition of Annual Daytime Emmy Awards was announced by National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences recently?
National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences(NATAS) announced the winners of the 47th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards, the presentation was hosted by the Sharon Osbourne, Shery Underwood, Eve, Carrie Ann Inaba and Marie Osmond,the hosts of CBS’ Daytime Emmy Award-winning show THE TALK which was broadcasted on the CBS Television Network.
- Which is the only Indian city ranked among top 30 list in global start-up ecosystem ranking 2020 released by start-up Genome?
Answer- 5) Bengaluru
According to the report, ‘Global Startup Ecosystem Report (GSER) 2020; the New Normal for the Global Startup Economy and the Impact of COVID-19’ released by Startup Genome, Bangalore, popularly known as the startup capital of India, has added another milestone as it become the only city in the country to be included in the world’s top-30 startup ecosystem ranking & placed 26th position. At the same time, the nation’s capital Delhi has been ranked 36th in the list. Mumbai topped the list of emerging 100 cities list.
Rank City Name 26 Bangalore 36 Delhi 1 Silicon Valley 2 New York City London
- Which institute ranked top among Indian institute in THE Young University Rankings 2020 released by Times Higher Education (THE)?
1) IIT Kharagpur
2) IIT Mandi
3) IIT Indore
4) IIT Madras
5) IIT Ropar
Answer- 5) IIT Ropar Explanation:
The Times Higher Education(THE) released THE Young University Rankings 2020 for the universities which are 50 years old or younger. Two Indian Institutes secured their ranks in the top 100 with IIT Ropar, the best 12year old institutes of India at 62nd rank and IIT Indore at 64th rank.
- Shripad Naik (MoS-Defence) has inaugurated 2-day defence conclave 2020 in which state?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
4) Himachal Pradesh
Minister of State(MoS) of Defence Shri Shripad Naik inaugurated the two days ‘Defence Conclave 2020’ in Gujarat through video conferencing. The conclave was jointly organised by Confederation of Indian Industry(CII), Gujarat and Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers(SIDM).
- Name the Advanced Torpedo Decoy System (ATDS), indigenously launched by DRDO & inducted by Indian navy.
Indian Navy inducted an Advanced Torpedo Decoy System (ATDS) namely ‘Maareech’ that is capable of being fired from all frontline warships. It is equipped with sonars and towed and expendable decoys, which are capable of detecting, confusing, diverting and decoying the incoming torpedoes. The design and development of this ATDS have been done by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) labs viz. Naval Physical and Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL), Kochi in Kerala and the Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL), Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh (AP).
- The astronomers of Germany from team RedDots have discovered two super Earths Gliese 887b and Gliese 887c near brightest red dwarf recently Gliese 887. Find the journal which published this study?
1) New Astronomy
2) Journal Science
3) Astrophysics and space science
4) The Astrophysical Journal
5) Nature Astronomy
Answer-2) Journal Science
In the research of The RedDots team of Astronomers led by the University of Göttingen (Master – Georg-August-Universität Göttingen), Germany detected two super Earths Gliese 887b and Gliese 887c orbiting around the Gliese 887, the brightest red dwarf star in the sky. The results of the research are published in the journal Science.
- The space agency from which country set to take its first tourists on space walk in 2023?
5) United States
Russia’s Space Corporation RSC Energia(S.P. Korolev RSC Energia) in contract with Space Adventures of US announced that it is set to take its first tourist on space walk in 2023. Note: Roscosmos and RSC Energia in collaboration with Space Adventures took 8 tourists to ISS between 2001 and 2009.
- Cricketer Rachel Priest who announced retirement recently belongs to which country?
3) South Africa
5) New Zealand
Answer-5) New Zealand
New Zealand wicketkeeper-batswoman Rachel Priest(35 years old) announced her retirement from international cricket after she was not included in the White Ferns central contracts list announced in June 2020. With this decision she brought her 13 years career with the White Ferns to an end.
- When was Micro-, Small and Medium – Sized Enterprises Day observed annually?
1) June 28
2) June 30
3) June 27
4) June 26
5) June 29
Answer-3) June 27
United Nations(UN) Micro-, Small and Medium – Sized Enterprises(MSME) Day is observed annually on 27th June to recognise the contributions of these enterprises to the global economy and sustainable development and their focus on promoting innovation and creativity.
- Find the person who has launched Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan portal recently?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
3) Prahlad Singh Patel
4) Narendra Singh Tomar
5) Ram Vilas Paswan
Answer-4) Narendra Singh Tomar
Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Agriculture & Farmers welfare, launched a web portal of the Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan (GKRA) through video conferencing from New Delhi. Sadhvi niranjan jyoti, MoS Rural Development and Shri Nagendra Nath Sinha, Secretary of Rural Development along with 116 Central Nodal officers attended the video conference.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the present Social Justice and Empowerment minister?
1) Ravi Shankar Prasad
2) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
3) Thaawarchand Gehlot
4) Narendra Singh Tomar
5) None of these
Answer-3) Thaawarchand Gehlot
Thaawarchand Gehlot is the present Union social justice and empowerment minister.
- Mhadei wildlife sanctuaryis located in which state?
Tillari conservation reserve which is in news recently is located near the border of Maharashtra, Goa and Karnataka, which connects Mhadei sanctuary in Goa and Bhimgad in Karnataka.
- Where is the HQ of Standard Chartered Bank located?
1) New York
The HQ of Standard Chartered Bank located at London, United Kingdom.
- What is the currency of Bangladesh?
The capital and currency of Bangladesh are Dhaka and Taka respectively.
- Hareli is the festival celebrated in which state?
‘Godhan Nyay Yojana’ to be launched in Chhattisgarh to promote environment conservation, cowdung management and to make animal husbandry more profitable This innovative scheme will be implemented in Chhattisgarh from the day of “Hareli Festival” : Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel